Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

non-comedogenic lip balm

6 posts in this topic

What's a good non-comedogenic lip balm? I need moisture and SPF on my lips. I adore Burts Bees lip balm (the peppermint one...yummyummyyummy!) but it's got a ton of oil and no SPF, so I suspect it might be triggering some breakouts around my mouth.

My problem is I don't want to put something on my lips that feels or tastes gross. I need something appealing! Any ideas?

BenKweller

Nah, lip balm doesn't go so well on the face (though maybe I'll try it as a groundbreaking acheivement in fashion...haha.)

However, it does spread and it can get onto the skin surrounding the mouth. Especially if I put it on my dry lips before bed, or before working out. So I don't want something with tons of wax or oils in it--because that kind of thing *does* make me break out.

Maybe I have nothing to worry about, but I'd feel better using something that wouldn't run that risk.

In the aquaphor pamphlet it says that it's non comedogenic. Idk if thats true b/c it has petroleum jelly and mineral oil in it... u might want to give it a try.

I second the aquaphor. I used it while on accutane and still use it before bed to make my lips all soft in the morning. It aparently has healing qualities also.

Hi.

I also use aquaphor...works really well. When I am at home I also use Jojoba Oil, but it is a bit messy to carry around.