Photo

New- female with hormonal acne, just started The Regimen

green tea dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 Sweetsleep

Sweetsleep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

August 3, 2010

Yes, it's been quite a long while since I updated my journal. But that is because things are going so well!! I have gotten so clear and my skin is so lovely. I am doing Dan's Regimen 2 times a day: when I wake and when I sleep. I still use the jojoba oil and lac hydrin 5 moisturizer as well as Dan's cleanser, treatment and AHA.
I am very very gentle on my face and allow for 20 mins or more of letting the BP treatment dry on my face before moisturizing.

Once in a while due to stress and not being gentle, I have gotten a breakout on my face and it can get big, but I realize that's my own fault, and it will go away eventually. Sometimes my skin gets flaky, but I just gently rub my fingers over my face in the shower while my skin is wet and the dead stuff comes off.

Things are going great and it's been 7 months on the Regimen, hurray! I attached a pic below. I have suddenly become very photogenic because my skin is always so lovely biggrin.gif
7_months.jpg

Edited by Sweetsleep, 03 August 2010 - 07:03 AM.

Morning Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes
Lac Hydrin 5 moisturizer + 100% jojoba oil
EltaMD 45 sunscreen (no oil- i got this from a dermatologist, expensive but worth it and lasts forever)

Nightly Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes
Dan's AHA + 100% jojoba oil + Lac Hydrin 5

Started Dan's Regimen January 1st, 2010. Used to get huge, often painful, nodular acne that lasted months, whiteheads, and some blackheads. Plus had scarring from old breakouts. 100% clear, scarring is less, and complexion is radiant :)

#42 NK20

NK20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Wow what a success story. Logs like yours give everyone hope biggrin.gif Congrats on the clear skin - enjoy it!

#43 ariana98

ariana98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

What a fantastic story! I want to say something to you about the hormonal acne...it is something I have as well and finally discovered a supplement that really helped....myo-inositol. It helps to improve your insulin resistance and thereby reduces the male hormones. Helped my acne and my hormones in general. Happily for me though, I just found out I was pregnant(2nd time), and had to stop taking it.

A background though : I found out exactly the cause of my hormonal acne through blood testing (I had some blood markers for PCOS - my LH was double my FSH on day 3 of my cycle - but other markers exist like high androstenedione, high testosterone, high DHEA - I did not have these markers just the LH).

I had used differin a few years ago with some success, but that was contraindicated in pregnancy (stopped that at my first pregnancy). From then on I was nursing and planning another pregnancy so differin was not an option. So i then used BP, but decided to stop because I am 35 and wanted to avoid the oxidative/aging effects on my skin. Anyway I started using Murad, which was only OK, but together with the inositol, it was under control. However once I became pregnant, and had to stop inositol, Murad has not at all been controlling my acne. All kinds of comedones, and some pustules again.

So, I decided to go back on the BP ...but this time with Dan's regimen with jojoba and AHA. I will let you know what happens!!! I just ordered it now...in the meantime I will use the 2.5 % bp lotion I have at home to get ready for it.

Just wanted to let you know about the inositol...it not only helps the acne but helps the underlying cause. I got a metagenics brand called cenitol. It is marketed for nervous system health, but also helps with insulin resistance. oh yeah and eat low GI.
smile.gif

Edited by ariana98, 15 August 2010 - 06:40 PM.

35 yo female, acne since 14 yoa
moderate, excess keratin and sebum. comedones, jawline inflamed acne, small papules on forehead
tried oral antibiotics, bcp, many topicals etc over the years
finally found what worked for me: Differin gel - made my skin flawless, I was thrilled
got pregnant, had to stop differin : acne back with a veangance :(
started benzoyl peroxide, worked moderately well but still broke out, skin looked less healthy overall and dry - used for 5 years
decided to stop bp, free radicals not good at this age! Need another solution
Trying to conceive another baby so Differin is not an option yet.
tried Lerosett, did not help at all had major breakout all over face and never improved
June 5, 2010 switched to Murad, helped a bit but still breaking out

July 1, 2010 Began inositol, low GI diet after discovering high LH and PCOS - this was the cause of my acne all along! really helped acne, still using Murad not sure if it is helping
Got pregnant, July 25, 2010
Stopped inositol because it hasn't been tested in pregnancy - stayed on Murad
Acne worsened - many comedones, inflammatory acne recurring
thinking murad is not working, it was the inositol.
Ordered acne.org formula....starting bp 2.5% , along with gentle cleanser, moisturizer, jojoba and aha. I will use BP while pregnant and nursing, then go back to differin + inositol once done with all this baby stuff. I think BP is good but not great for older skin like mine - I don't have wrinkles yet and I don't want any!
Will keep you updated.......

#44 Sweetsleep

Sweetsleep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

November 11, 2011

Ok, thought I would update here because I logged in to buy more of Dan's products (I use his BP Treatment, Cleanser, and AHA). My skin is perfect by the way. I am still doing the regimen twice a day once when I wake up and once before bed. I use 1-2 pumps of cleanser in the shower, then pat dry. I use 1 pump of BP in the morning and 1 pump at night, spread gently on my face and allow to absorb for 10-20 mins. I then use a combination of LacHydrin 5 moisturizer and AHA to moisturize. I gently exfoliate with a wash cloth every 4-5 days in the shower VERY GENTLY, since my nose gets enlarged pores if I don't and my skin can look drab without this every few days. I exfoliate my lips just by rubbing my finger over them after they are dampened in the shower, and the dead skin comes off every few days also. I only use plain Vaseline from the huge tub you can buy for like $2 on my lips.

Been using Dan's Regimen since January 1st 2010 and my skin looks fantastic Posted Image Thanks Dan!!! I get the occasional breakout, but it's usually if I skip a day due to being too busy. It's very rare though and I find I have plenty of time morning's and evenings for the regimen.

Edited by Sweetsleep, 11 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Morning Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes
EltaMD 45 sunscreen (no oil- i got this from a dermatologist, expensive but worth it and lasts forever)

Nightly Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes

Started Dan's Regimen January 1st, 2010. Used to get huge, often painful, nodular acne that lasted months, whiteheads, and some blackheads. Plus had scarring from old breakouts. 100% clear, scarring is less, and complexion is radiant :)

#45 Sweetsleep

Sweetsleep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

September 7, 2012

Another update since again, I logged in to buy more of Dan's products. Exactly the same as last time! My skin is perfect using Dan's products (cleanser, treatment, AHA) and the regimen. I wash my face and do the regimen twice a day, on the whole I spend less time in front of the mirror than I ever did because I have no acne to stare at! My skin is beautiful and exfoliated. See my signature for exactly what I do. Good luck to everyone out there! I started Dan's Regimen in January 2010 and I've been fully acne-free for over a year. The only way I get a breakout is if I slack on using the regimen for a few days in a row. Very rare. Thanks Dan!!
Morning Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes

Nightly Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes

#46 lovebug77

lovebug77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hi Sweetsleep,
I have enjoyed reading your blog. Can I ask how long it took you to get completely clear? I have been on the Regimen for 12 weeks and although my cystic acne has slowed a lot, I am still breaking out. It helps to see success stories when I get discouraged. I am so glad you are enjoying clear skin and I hope I am not far off from clear skin, too!

#47 Sweetsleep

Sweetsleep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi lovebug77. Sorry I don't log on here often so sometimes I miss messages. 12 weeks is only 3 months and it took me 6 months of being on the Regimen before I got no acne at all. OF course everyone is different but if the treatment is helping you now and you're not having any bad reactions, then it'll keep helping so keep using it!
When I first started, I got really flaky skin and almost seemed to get more little acne, but that cleared up within 8 weeks. I would still get breakouts, but in 6 months that stopped. I'm definitely a success story! Sometimes now my skin gets clogged pores, so what I do is gently steam my face using a washcloth and hot-warm water int he shower so the pores open up. Gently wash with the washcloth and then pat dry and put BP on. Once in a while now I used an activated charcoal mask (clay) so help clear up any little pores, it makes me look lovely! I use the Out Of Trouble mask by Origins.

For you I recommend just sticking to the usual Regimen for another 3-4 months and see how it goes. Twice a day, let the Treatment absorb for at least 10 minutes before putting on moisturizer. That really helps it work. Hang in there!!

Hi Sweetsleep,
I have enjoyed reading your blog. Can I ask how long it took you to get completely clear? I have been on the Regimen for 12 weeks and although my cystic acne has slowed a lot, I am still breaking out. It helps to see success stories when I get discouraged. I am so glad you are enjoying clear skin and I hope I am not far off from clear skin, too!

Morning Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes

Nightly Regimen:
Dan's Cleanser
Wait 2 minutes
Dan's BP
Wait 20+ minutes