Photo

pimple that keeps coming back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 yoopergrl

yoopergrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

hello, I have been using the regimen with great success, but I have these three pimples along my jawline that keep coming back. The first time they showed up they were huge, red pimples. They faded away only to come back, fade, come back, you get the picture. How can I get rid of them for good? I use Cetaphil for cleansing, bp from Dan's R., moisturize with Neutrogena spf 15 during day and purpose spf 15 at night. The spf purpose turns yellow when I wear it during the day! Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch

#2 RoRo26

RoRo26

Ro Ro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

How long has this been going on? It sounds like they never come to a head, just turn up red, then fade away, then come back. I hate that; I used to have one near my mouth that would do that, but then it just went away without me doing anything, I guess I lucked out!

Have you tried maybe using vinegar? I have no idea if it´ll work, but it´s worth a try.
Rosie

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#3 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:52 PM

I have a patch of about 4 pimples also along my jawline. been like that for 2 years now with no luck..........

#4 spots_be_gone

spots_be_gone

A few mild spots. 22/f.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:15 AM

Ugh, I've had a few of those.

If I see a zit come back more than twice, I do my best to coax it to coming to a head (get a clean cloth, soak it in really hot water, hold it to face. Repeat when cloth starts to cool.)

I had one like that a week ago, and I FINALLY coaxed the core out of it--that gross "pore plug" that's like a little kernel of hard stuff. Ew. And today I managed to do that once and for all with one that keeps coming back on my chin. Let's hope I won the battle!

Once I bring a pimple to a head and effectively coax all the gunk out, it doesn't come back. It's when I try to just let it dry up and heal that I ever get a recurring zit.

I know a lot of people are anti-popping, but sometimes there's just no other way to get that pore plug out.

At least it works for me... :think:

#5 Korea

Korea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

yeah the only way i ever get rid of red, inflammed pimples for good is to get that hard chunk out.

if you pop one of them and just puss comes out, then most likely it will form back again. I just put on retina micro the night before and in the morning theyre usually ready to pop. Yeah but for me I have to get that hard column of shit out before its gone for good

#6 yoopergrl

yoopergrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

thanks everyone. i never even thought that i maybe needed to get the "plug" out. you're right, it is a pimple that has never become a whitehead. i think i will try and see if I can get the core to come out with the hot water/cloth remedy. thanks...any one have any other ideas, feel free to share

#7 mrbleh

mrbleh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

ya! i got a few of those along the jaw line too that keep comming back. although i have a bad habbit of touching my face around that area alot. makes me wish i can just get a spoon and scoup them out :lol: guess I will try popping them too hehe

#8 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

Ummmmm, maybe its just me, but whenever I've done that I've ended up with a permanently enlarged pore/small ice pick like scar, so I definitely would NOT dig out the plug.

Try using a cleanser with salicylic acid in it to (Clean & Clear Blackhead Cleanser is one that is cheap and effective) and combine that with your routine.
~nancy