Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

Acne.org is normally a safe and happy place. However, this is the Internet, and we must remain vigilant against crime just like we need to in the 'real world'. Recently, I have received credible information from numerous sources pointing to a planned harassment of a certain targeted members of Acne.org.

I have zero tolerance for such harassment, and if such actions take place, I will prosecute all persons involved to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, I will not only suggest, but will encourage any member who is harassed to do the same.

I have already spoken to the Investigation Bureau of the San Francisco Police Department, as well as the local and federal FBI branches. As was the case the last time Acne.org was attacked in early 2008, all are taking this seriously. In particular, I have placed the FBI on notice of a planned aggression, and they are helpful and at the ready. Harassment, it turns out, violates sections 18 U.S.C. 875C as well as 47 U.S.C. 223(a)(1)C of the penal code, each of which can result in up to 2-5 years of prison and $100,000 - $250,000 in fines. If any action takes place, I will steadfastly seek maximum repercussions for crimes committed. In addition, I will provide the information I have to any law enforcement representative who is investigating on behalf of a member.

If any of you have knowledge of harassment or other crimes planned against Acne.org or its members, please PM me or a moderator and let us know. We will keep your identity secure and secret. Your help is greatly appreciated. Let's all stick together and keep Acne.org safe and enjoyable for everyone.

#2 Vicious Lyss

Vicious Lyss

i'm lame

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:camaros, led zeppelin and french fries. in that order.

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

THANK YOU eusa_clap.gif

#3 ckko25

ckko25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Dec 30 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acne.org is normally a safe and happy place. However, this is the Internet, and we must remain vigilant against crime just like we need to in the 'real world'. Recently, I have received credible information from numerous sources pointing to a planned harassment of a certain targeted members of Acne.org.

I have zero tolerance for such harassment, and if such actions take place, I will prosecute all persons involved to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, I will not only suggest, but will encourage any member who is harassed to do the same.

I have already spoken to the Investigation Bureau of the San Francisco Police Department, as well as the local and federal FBI branches. As was the case the last time Acne.org was attacked in early 2008, all are taking this seriously. In particular, I have placed the FBI on notice of a planned aggression, and they are helpful and at the ready. Harassment, it turns out, violates sections 18 U.S.C. 875C as well as 47 U.S.C. 223(a)(1)C of the penal code, each of which can result in up to 2-5 years of prison and $100,000 - $250,000 in fines. If any action takes place, I will steadfastly seek maximum repercussions for crimes committed. In addition, I will provide the information I have to any law enforcement representative who is investigating on behalf of a member.

If any of you have knowledge of harassment or other crimes planned against Acne.org or its members, please PM me or a moderator and let us know. We will keep your identity secure and secret. Your help is greatly appreciated. Let's all stick together and keep Acne.org safe and enjoyable for everyone.

What is considered harrassement Dan? Is this the same thing as discrimination? Could you please clarify, so those people that are doing certain things can know that what they're doing IS indeed considered harrassment? Because I have personally seen people getting "harrassed" depending on your definition of it, based upon their belief systems.

Edited by ckko25, 30 December 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#4 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

I just spoke to another FBI agent. He let me know if anything happens they may investigate this for prosecution. Pretty cool.

#5 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:SOCCER!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

Board Rules

Internet Safety and Harrassment

#6 ckko25

ckko25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Cecelia @ Dec 30 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well hopefully this thread will also put an end to people who "bully" and "mock" other peoples ideas and or beliefs as well. Because I've seen this happen a few times...it would be nice if we could all be respectful of others smile.gif

Edited by ckko25, 30 December 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#7 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

www.soundcloud.com/audioterminal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:a) music<br />b) helping people on the org

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (ckko25 @ Dec 30 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Cecelia @ Dec 30 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well hopefully this thread will also put an end to people who "bully" and "mock" other peoples ideas and or beliefs as well. Because I've seen this happen a few times...it would be nice if we could all be respectful of others smile.gif

I can agree with you to some extent but there are no laws that state "mocking" or "bullying" as federal offenses. If you can't take people's responses with a grain of salt you do not need to be on the internet. There are ALWAYS going to be people that simply want to provoke a negative response out of someone. As for harassment, that is another subject in it's own. These message boards are home to people of all age groups and people will process their responses differently. Be smart, be mature, be cautious, use common sense and you won't have to see these types of threads.

In my own opinion, somebody or a group of people are blowing this out of proportion. I guess they want to see the forums gone as well.

#8 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

Thank you to those who responded in this thread. The purpose of this thread was for Dan to make an announcement; it wasn't meant for discussion. However, since some members already posted, we will leave their comments visible. If you have anything else to add about this topic, please PM one of the moderators or Dan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users