Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a huge cystic acne near my groin area

12 posts in this topic

Its been there for a few days now and it hurts so much. Its no longer hard but its very tender. Anyone experienced this be4?

I've experienced this once or twice before. It's definitely very unpleasant and alarming. I mean, I've gotten a zit on my KNEE... IN my EAR... and other strange places, but a cystic zit on the groin was definitely strange.

Don't worry, though, it'll either come to head or subside. And the great thing is that no one will have to know about it or see it or the post-inflammatory mark that will be left behind. :)

By the way, don't put tea tree oil on that sucker. Silly me did that once and my entire groin area turned red. AND ITCHED LIKE HELL. Had to see the doctor for help. :whistle:

Try goggling Hidradenitis suppurativa. Not saying that's what you have, but there are very good forums that you can get ideas how to treat the cyst.

I've experienced this once or twice before. It's definitely very unpleasant and alarming. I mean, I've gotten a zit on my KNEE... IN my EAR... and other strange places, but a cystic zit on the groin was definitely strange.

Don't worry, though, it'll either come to head or subside. And the great thing is that no one will have to know about it or see it or the post-inflammatory mark that will be left behind. :)

By the way, don't put tea tree oil on that sucker. Silly me did that once and my entire groin area turned red. AND ITCHED LIKE HELL. Had to see the doctor for help. :whistle:

Yea it hurts less now and its smaller. I just stopping walking much and when i walk i walk slower.

Cystic acne is not unknown in the genital and groin regions. Judging by some of the comments, I'd suggest that some of you do a little more research before you react.

I had an acne cyst in that area. It was annoying, to say the least. I took a good hot bath, it came to a head and I popped it. This was many years ago. I might not recommend such a course of action now.

I would suggest that you go to a physician, have them lance it and drain it, and then ensure that the wound is kept absolutely clean while it is healing. You don't really have to worry too much about scarring there.

Joe Zit

YES, when I was in my 20's, I used to get them alot! They hurt like hell and there is nothing you can do about them. They do eventually go away...mine took several weeks to completely resolve, but several days for the pain to go away. They do come to a head sometimes, and it's not pretty ;) Just leave it alone or it will turn into a monstrosity of a lump!

Well if its just a reddened lump with no head to it, it could be a swollen lymph node. I had this about 2 or 3 times the past 2 years and it gave me bad fever for 2 days and i could hardly walk without quincing in pain. It was on my right side right where my thigh creases with groin.

My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

hey yea mine is almost fully healed now. Only a little bit of swelling left. I put antibiotic ointment on it which is really effective.