Photo

anyone know a good sugar-free cookie recipe?

4 replies to this topic

#1 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:17 AM

either a link to a site or have the actual recipe?

#2 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:22 PM

Theres lotsss of sugar free cookie recipes. You can a normal cookie recipe then substitue Stevia for the sugar. Stevia is a plant that is naturally sweet and contains no suger and no gluten. I have a bunch of recipes that i really enjoy. Ok some arent cookies, but are good snacks.

1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisans
2 T raw Honey
If youre scared about honey use maybe a half a pack of stevia or try soaking a few dates (just enough water to cover them) overnight and then use that water. It becomes really sweet.
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup sesame seeds

Use a food processor to chop the sunflower seeds and raisans. Then mix it in a bowl with rest of ingredients minue the sesame seeds. Make into balls and roll into sesame seeds. Just put em in the fridge and a few hours later they are great.

Look into getting some raw carob powder. It taste like chocolate, but isnt chocolate at all! You can get it at rawfood.com or naturalzing.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anna's Cookies

3 large, ripe bananas
1 cup chopped dates
2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
Stir in oats, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
Let stand for 15 minutes.
Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with greased wax paper.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevia Sesame Bars

2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup rice syrup
1/4 - 1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/4 - 1/2 tsp white stevia powder
1/4 cup oil
1 egg sub
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla or other extract

Mix all thoroughly.
If too dry to mix, add a little water.
Pat firmly into a sprayed cake pan.
Bake at 325 F for about 25 minutes. Don't overcook.
Cool. Cut into bars.

Raisin Bran Muffins

muffin liners for pan
1 1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour ( i would use brown rice flour)
1/2 cup wheat bran (I used oat bran)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup skim milk (used fat free vanilla rice milk)
1/3 cup apple juice concentrate
2 1/2 Tbsp canola oil (I used 1 Tbs oil and 1 1/2 Tbsp applesauce)
1 cup raisins (I used organic Monuka raisins, the big plump ones)

Line muffin tin with papers. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, bran, bkg soda and powder, and salt together to combine. make a well in the center. In another bowl, whisk the milk, fruit juice concentrate, and oil until frothy. Pour into the well and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in the raisins. Do not overbeat.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each until almost completely full. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before removing from tin.

Peanut Butter Bars (Very Low Sugar)

1/2 cup lowfat non-hydrogenated smooth organic peanut butter ( i would use raw almond butter)
1/3 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic apple sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar ( i would use 2 tablespoons of honey or again use the date syrup)
1/2 teaspoon white powdered stevia
1 tsp. real organic vanilla extract
1 ounce soft tofu or egg replacer powder to equal one egg
1 cup organic whole wheat flour or organic unbleached white flour (i would use brown rice flour or spelt)
1/2 organic rolled oats (quick cooking is OK)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Mix peanut butter and oil. If the peanut butter you started with is too runny, add more peanut butter and less oil.
Mix everything else thoroughly until batter is smooth. You can leave out brown sugar if you like and just use stevia.

Press into 11X7 inch oiled baking pan or one of similar size. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or so.

So heres a bunch of yummy recipes. Its very easy to find a million healthy recipes. I basically create my own. Once you see how a few are made its easy to put your own together. Tonight im making my own pizza using brown rice flour for the crust and just tomato sauce sum mushrooms, chicken and peppers for the topping. Also if your craving cookies try making smoothies. I buy bananas ,chop em up and freeze em. Then add 1 chopped banna some rice milk, sum stevia or honey, maybe some frozen blurberries or if you want a mock chocolate shake, throw in some carob powder. Its so good! O and you can even make banna ice cream. Take two frozen chopped up bananas, throw em in a food processor or blender and it become soft serve ice cream. I usually food process some strawberries, add stevia or honey and i got strawberry syrup to top it. Or you can use date syrup plain or add carob powder to it until it become a chocolate syrup. Hope you got some ideas youll like.

#3 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:45 PM

I'm printing out those recipes and will definitely try them out

#4 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:33 PM

I should note that ive only tryed the first recipe lol The others are ones ive been meaning to try.

First receipe
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisans
2 T raw Honey
If youre scared about honey use maybe a half a pack of stevia or try soaking a few dates (just enough water to cover them) overnight and then use that water. It becomes really sweet.
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup sesame seeds

Use a food processor to chop the sunflower seeds and raisans. Then mix it in a bowl with rest of ingredients minue the sesame seeds. Make into balls and roll into sesame seeds. Just put em in the fridge and a few hours later they are great.

Look into getting some raw carob powder. It taste like chocolate, but isnt chocolate at all! You can get it at rawfood.com or naturalzing.com. Also you can get cacao beans, which is raw chocolate and in its raw state is actually very good for us. It doesnt have any negative effect on us. You can read about it there and even do some searches about it. I add this to shakes or even grind it up in cookies and its so good. Also agave nectar is really sweet and good, its fruit sugars. Hm also the nama shoyu is raw soy sauce that is very healthy, read about it and even try some of the stuff there its all good. They have a nut cheese that taste like cheese, but is made from nuts and nutritonal yeast.

I really love this one though. This was the first recipe treat ive tryed and i still eat it sooo much.

Also Halvah bar!!

So easy just 1 cup sesame seeds and around 2 - 4 tablespoons of honey.
Ina food processor, blend sesame seeds till they become a powder.
Throw in bowl and add two tablespoons of honey. Mix around and then make alil ball and try sum, keep adding honey untill its sweet enough for you. Then just press it into a small enough cup or pan. Has to be very small. Like the size of a stick of butter. I have a pan that small for some reason, but you could just toss it in a cup i guess. Put in fridge over nite and thats it. It tastes really really good. I even add some carob powder at the end and it makes it like a chocolate halvah bar. Dont mix in teh carob though just sprinkle it on the mixture then take out of the bowl and press into the pan.

I just made a really good healthy pizza too, Here is the recipe

Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Wheat-Free Recipe
Thin and crispy, not thick and soft like a traditional crust.

Ingredients:
2-1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 ounce gluten-free quick-rise yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 tablespoon olive oil
1-1/2 cup warm water; divided (120-130 degrees)
1 tablespoon honey
Cornmeal (optional)
1 cup prepared pizza sauce

Directions:
Combine flour, yeast, salt and xanthan gum in large bowl. Stir in 1 cup water, olive oil and honey.

Use hands to work dough (dough will be soft and crumbly). Add just enough of the remaining 1/4 cup water to hold mixture together. Knead dough in bowl 5 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.

Lightly grease 12-inch pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired. Flatten dough into round disk; press dough into pan. Add sauce, and desired toppings.

Bake at 425 degrees 20 to 30 minutes, or until crust is brown and cheese melted. (Timing varies according to amount and number of toppings.) Use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut into wedges.

Variation
Basil-Garlic Pizza Dough: Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried) and 2 cloves minced garlic after the honey.

Yield: One, 12-inch crust

This came out really good except i didnt have a pizza pan so i used a rectangular small pan and teh crust was a lil thick because of this and didnt get as crispy as i wanted, but with a pizza pan it should be fine. It came out sooo good though. I through on some tomato sauce, peppers, mushrroms, onions and cubed tomatoes. really good

#5 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

One more thing always try to use coconut oil( raw unrefined) or olive oil oil(cold pressed extra virgin). For cookie and desert recipes use coconut oil instead of vegtable oil. For veggies and stuff like that use olive oil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users