Photo

everything causes me to break out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 grade2syndrome

grade2syndrome

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

today was such a bad day. found out i need to be photographed on wednesday and my face is full of acne.

here's everything that causes me to break out

- PMS
- eating chocolate (do NOT tell me chocolate doesn't cause acne. this is MY rant and every time i eat chocolate i break out)
- fast food, the first time in a month that i've had fast food. i'm already pimply why deprive myself further
- stress. i hate my job. i wish i could just quit. i dont care that it's a recession, i'm unhappy.
- touching my face. makes the pimples read. but i can't stop touching.
- facial hair

i hate my skin. i grow some pretty nasty whiteheads throughout the day. my pores are huge. i have so many painful pimples on the surface, and many more underneath that will be there for weeks. my chin reminds me of some urban neighbourhood, just gangs of these small bumps clustered everywhere. then i have all these dark marks everywhere where old breakouts used to live. and i have uneven skin tone because i never used to wear sunscreen so now i've got like, 8 shades of skin on my face. my chest is soooooo light then my neck gets darker, then my forehead is the darkest.

i thought if i elminiated the facial hair i would eliminate the acne. because as soon as i started getting more i noticed my acne would get worse. but even laser hair removal didn't work.

man i wish i started accutane in august. i'd be so close to complete by now. effin laziness.

#2 TamLin

TamLin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. However bad it gets, don't lose hope. There have been better days in the past and that means better days are possible for the future; not just possible, but likely and damn near inevitable. I know that sounds trite and that it's almost impossible to feel optimistic when you're breaking out, but just wait, it'll happen, I promise.

I know what you mean about hating your skin; I have so many old scars and indentations that my face looks like a topographical map of Afghanistan. What's worst is all the old damage makes it impossible to tell when a new zit is coming in; I'll stare for ten minutes at a mysterious lump on my chin and not be able to tell if it's a developing cyst or just an old scar that I've never paid attention to. The uncertainty is murder.

Whenever I feel hopeless about my bad skin I think about how my body is just an imperfect vessel, and how the thing that's really me exists independent of it. When I go to sleep at night, I leave my body, bad skin and all, behind. That sense of freedom and solace that comes at the end of the day, knowing that no problem can follow further than my waking hours, is comforting. My problems will be there waiting for me in the morning (in the mirror), but the night's reprieve strengthens my resolve.

I don't know if any of this helps, but I hope it does, or will in the future. Stay strong and look ahead to better times.

#3 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

I know it's tough to try and figure out what breaks you out, but perhaps just taking a look at your diet, since you mentioned food products? It is not always 'chocolate' but perhaps a sugar spike? Glycemic indexes are important if you are sensitive to such things, and I think the holistic and nutrition forums could help you.

Regardless, coming to a point where you like who you are, both physically and emotionally, despite acne is a hard place to arrive, but it is possible, no matter how hopeless you feel right now. Just keep your head up and stick around the org. I guarantee there are people here who care and can relate. <3

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Poor Kairasa thinks she has a yen
For those clean-cut young Ivy League men.
Although they look cute
In their blazers and suits,
They can only get it up now and then.

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

#4 Gwennie

Gwennie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Chocolate does cause break outs . So do greasy foods .
Nuff said .

gwennie .

my accutane log .

#5 Gov't Guy 26

Gov't Guy 26

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

I have a shitload of sugars and chocolate and just plain crap in my diet. Every time I try to cut back, I eventually go right back to the junk food. That could be one of the main causes of my breakouts as well, but like you pointed out...its tough to know for sure. It might even be PMS for me too.

#6 grade2syndrome

grade2syndrome

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Gov't Guy 26 @ Dec 17 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might even be PMS for me too.

=)

#7 darrellbl9

darrellbl9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:11 AM

For me, the foods that cause breakouts are chocolates, caffeine, peanuts, oily foods, and sweets. I used to take b vitamins last month, and it made my pimples grow more, so I stop taking it. Avoid being sweaty because I think it's the number 1 cause of pimples: oily face.

#8 soccerfreak

soccerfreak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

hey...are you on accutane? because it seems while i was on the tane..and even post tane..my skin was always clearest the week i was on the sugar pill..i was just wondering if anyone else had that?

#9 Ind1g0

Ind1g0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

I was having that mind-frame the past year. I became obsessed with 'everything' that made me break out. I developed weird rituals and habits, gave up foods and activities, makeup and products etc. that I thought "broke me out". Then I realized, I've eliminated everything and I'm still thinking, "it must be THIS that's doing it!" By the time I realized my foolishness, I also realized, Hey, maybe certain things don't cause my acne. Maybe I don't have food allergies or vitamin deficiencies. Maybe I just plain break out! I just have acne! Hah. Once I came to terms with that, I'm on the DKR regimen (7th week), a bunch of vitamins, and colostrum. I'm happy to say that I eat whatever I want and I'm completely clear aside from one pimple. I used to have cystic acne. Stop stressing, relax, and be happy.

#10 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

PMS breaks me out..and what's worse, I am always late by one or two weeks and that means prolonged PMS...

#11 Ghost Behind My Eyes

Ghost Behind My Eyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

I have tried so many products in my life and for some reason it works great at first,but then my skin becomes ammune to it and erupts with pimples......I went to a lady in Famous Barr to look at their Clinique product and she said their might be something I'm allergic to........but if I'm allergic.....I wouldn't have pimples or cysts on my face......Right??