Photo

Does gaming cause acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

Does it? I mean when you win with gaming your testerone levels raise crazy. So that would make you break out right?
I dont agree with what I posted in the nutrition section anymore. I just think its not worth it. People worrying about food and acne all day in order to improve their life somehow while they are actually just digging a bigger hole for themselfs. The only reason to eat right should be to feel a bit better. Because the chances you will be able to reduce your acne in such an amount that its worth the effort instead of just trying a new topical is astronomicly low.

Basically get a low effort topical like differin or something more harsh if that doesnt work and just start living the life you want to live!
Retired!

#2 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it? I mean when you win with gaming your testerone levels raise crazy. So that would make you break out right?

Haha well i dont think it would and i sure dont get that excited when i am gaming lol. I think i get more angry when i am losing lol.
My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

#3 Necromancer

Necromancer

ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My worst acne occurred when I played the original Resident Evil for PS1 at night. I was so scurred I had to get my sister and her boyfriend to watch me play. When I finally beat that game, my acne cleared and the rest is history!

genius.gif
Rebuild. Recover. Return.
Cancer Survivor
[sig-img:587]

#4 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

well i dont loose that much xD
And if you loose you only will be more excited when you dont loose... And there are also games where you mostly cant loose.
It might screw your sleep and you being outside. But only when your really addicted.
I dont agree with what I posted in the nutrition section anymore. I just think its not worth it. People worrying about food and acne all day in order to improve their life somehow while they are actually just digging a bigger hole for themselfs. The only reason to eat right should be to feel a bit better. Because the chances you will be able to reduce your acne in such an amount that its worth the effort instead of just trying a new topical is astronomicly low.

Basically get a low effort topical like differin or something more harsh if that doesnt work and just start living the life you want to live!
Retired!

#5 Guest_DireStraits_*

Guest_DireStraits_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

Maybe its the gaming lifestyle that's the problem?
Most gamers stay up pretty late, lack exercise and eat fast food and don't get a lot of sunlight.
Oh and come on people, Wii Fit-seriously who gets fit from that its lame.

Edited by DireStraits, 12 December 2009 - 04:46 PM.

#6 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (DireStraits @ Dec 12 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe its the gaming lifestyle that's the problem?
Most gamers stay up pretty late, lack exercise and eat fast food and don't get a lot of sunlight.
Oh and come on people, Wii Fit-seriously who gets fit from that its lame.

No one gets fit from Wii Fit. It is the biggest weightloss scam next to Jenny Craig LOL!!!
Cancer Survivor

#7 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

wii fit is stupid. Really stupid. Stupid excersices. And of course you dont loose weight. how would you loose weight withouth running etc..

But ye lifestyle is bad. But still theres proove that you make testosterone when you win. I dont know the connection between dopamine and testosterone. Because your body also makes a lot of dopamine when gaming.

Retired!

#8 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wii fit is stupid. Really stupid. Stupid excersices. And of course you dont loose weight. how would you loose weight withouth running etc..

But ye lifestyle is bad. But still theres proove that you make testosterone when you win. I dont know the connection between dopamine and testosterone. Because your body also makes a lot of dopamine when gaming.

I'm getting PS3 Slim so I can play MW2. You play that? I'm trying to see who I can contact to play. I last was serious about gaming in 2006-07 with Madden 06 for PS2. I dominated but buttholes online would quit during the game and it ruined my record.
Cancer Survivor

#9 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

i play it on the pc almost lvl 70 now biggrin.gif I played games for the past years. I think acne has pushed me into it a bit. Also i get addicted very fast tongue.gif

Retired!

#10 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i play it on the pc almost lvl 70 now biggrin.gif I played games for the past years. I think acne has pushed me into it a bit. Also i get addicted very fast tongue.gif

So if we played 1 on 1 I'd probably get 0 kills sad.gif

I'm looking for new players like me. I used to play Unreal Tournament and CounterStrike but I left the gaming world to get big. Now I'm big, I want to get into games again hahaha!
Cancer Survivor

#11 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

lawl prob yes. Because i played cod4 for 500hours or something like that. I used to play UT04 when i was a kid. Loots of fun biggrin.gif
But ehm if you want to play 1 on 1 you would have to get the pc version tongue.gif

Retired!

#12 assassin.

assassin.

• PreviewVets
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Gaming could be bad for acne if you are so addicted to it that you play it all day and night and never wash your face and indulge in quick, easy junk food while playing like cookies and chips and soda.

#13 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

Have it on xbox360, first prestige - level 64.
My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

#14 Vicious Lyss

Vicious Lyss

i'm lame

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

It better not... I just got my Nintendo up again sad.gif

#15 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Games can stress me out sometimes, except when i'm playing something like Animal Crossing. cool.gif

Also there's nothing wrong with Wii Fit, it's like any other exercise program, it wont make ANYONE fit, the PERSON has to do that. Unlike others though this has fun minigames! The snowfight one is damn fun.
*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#16 Riddled

Riddled

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

I definitely think computer games can play a role in acne by maintaining high levels of stress hormones for an unnaturally long time. It is of course dependent on the individual.
Personally i'm am pretty sure that computer games can break me out. This will sound very strange but when i play some games such as Pro evolution soccer when i am desperate not to lose against a mate i actually sweat with noticeable marks under my arms, even when i try to stay calm. As sweating is part of the physical reaction in your body to stress i guess i must be releasing stress hormones too. I am also sure that i get break outs after playing poker for a long time too.

Don't think it's possible to play something like Resident evil 4 and not stress.
God gave us everything we need; the earth to live on, animals to feast on, vegetables to make side dishes and fruit to be eaten in moderation.

The devil put grains, beats and sugarcane on the earth to tempt us.

For approximately 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago most of us strayed away from temptation but the devils influence grew stronger and eventually we swayed to his evil ways.

God new that those whose faith was strong would never fall to temptation so he punished those who took to the pleasures of grains and sugar by not giving us the ability to digest grains and making sugar poisonous, eventually leading to all kinds of health problems including acne.

But some wanted there cake and to eat it too, free of health problems, so they made a pact with the devil and sold their soul's for acne free skin.

We see these people consuming delicious breaded, dough based meals, baked goods and confectioneries but with crystal clear skin.
These people are walking with the devil!!
They are the spawn of satan!!

Paleo is the righteous path my children!!

Your faith must be strong!!

Do not fall to temptation!!

Posted Image

blind
faith
is the
key

#17 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

I used to game for 12+ hours non stop..... and it was horrible....
My skin looked bad.

I think 3 hours or less should be OK smile.gif

For me I can only play 1 hour or less because I work tongue.gif

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many hours do you play per day?
And I am thinking of getting MW2 for PC once I get my new PC smile.gif

Try to enjoy the game and try not to get angry.... Some people like to punch the wall or scream because they got owned. sick.gif

I used to always get mad.... but now I try to have fun and smile.

Edited by EddieE, 12 December 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#18 Deadmau5

Deadmau5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it doesn't lmao.
Prisoner on Acne.org now lmaooooo peace out.

#19 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 12 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if we played 1 on 1 I'd probably get 0 kills sad.gif

I'm looking for new players like me. I used to play Unreal Tournament and CounterStrike but I left the gaming world to get big. Now I'm big, I want to get into games again hahaha!

That's what I thought as well!!! I decided to join the gym and stop playing games.
To get big you must not play games for more than 2 hours+ a day. Luckily I work at a warehouse which require to walk, lift,walk,lift .... that's all you do there which is exercise.
Imagine if I had a job that all you do is sit.... I would be 210-220lbs by now...

I am about 180 atm. I've been at 180 lbs for a while but I am gaining muscles. smile.gif

Edited by EddieE, 12 December 2009 - 07:02 PM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#20 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Deadmau5 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (joris @ Dec 12 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it doesn't lmao.

It can. When I was into video games, I would be stressed in school because I couldn't wait until I got home to continue the game. Some people take games serious. To me it wasn't a game. It was my life. It was my life from Gameboy to Dreamcast. I played PS2 but just for Madden. But between the Gameboy and Dreamcast years I had over 100 video games. Some of the top ones that I played until I mastered were:

-Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
-Resident Evil
-Madden
-Shenmue for Dreamcast
-Metal Gear Solid

I remember one day with Metal Gear Solid for PS1, the place in the game where the controller vibrates while you are sniping and the screen is shaking, I was sweating, my face was oily as hell, and nothing else mattered but getting this shot perfectly.

Video Game Weight: 110-140lbs
Post Video Game Weight: 200lbs

Video games clearly make you not care about your body hahaha.

But I will return to gaming December 25, 2009 with PS3 Modern Warfare 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eusa_dance.gif

QUOTE (Riddled @ Dec 12 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I definitely think computer games can play a role in acne by maintaining high levels of stress hormones for an unnaturally long time. It is of course dependent on the individual.
Personally i'm am pretty sure that computer games can break me out. This will sound very strange but when i play some games such as Pro evolution soccer when i am desperate not to lose against a mate i actually sweat with noticeable marks under my arms, even when i try to stay calm. As sweating is part of the physical reaction in your body to stress i guess i must be releasing stress hormones too. I am also sure that i get break outs after playing poker for a long time too.

Don't think it's possible to play something like Resident evil 4 and not stress.

Or the original Resident Evil for PS1. The part where you walk in the hallway at the beginning and those dogs come out through the windows. I think 2 pimples came on my face immediately. I had to eventually finish the game during daylight because it was too stressful at night. IMO one of the top 10 games ever created. Damn I wish I could go back. Those were the glory days! sad.gif
Cancer Survivor