How much longer

6 replies to this topic

#1 HDD208

HDD208

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

I have been on accutane for 5 months now. I weigh 130 lbs and I have been on 80mg a day (for the first 2 moths it was 40 then 60mg). I thought by this time I would definitely be seeing some results but instead I feel like my skin is getting worse. I am still breaking out (sometimes 5-6 pimples in one day!). The worst part is that when they do decide to go away it leaves these huge red unslightly marks all over my face. My pores look bigger, my scarring is getting worse and I have a ton of marks everywhere and I am still breaking out!! I don't know what to do anymore. I am taking the accutane with a meal (preferably fatty) and I don't mess with my skin leaving it to do its thing. But so far I am not seeing much of an improvement in fact I think I might be getting worse! Is it possible that accutane can make your skin worse off?? And what would be causing this? Sometimes I feel so hopeless that I just want to give up and come off it. I am so scared that this is not going to work for me because like so many on here this is my last resort. I had so much hope pinned on this drug working. I get inspired when I read all the success stories on here and I desperately want to be one of them too. I don't understand why its not working and why am I still breaking out so late in the cycle. I don't see myself getting clear by the end of this month and now I so paronoid about all my scarring.

Also I found it interesting that when I first started accutane I experienced joint pains and that's it for side effects. My skin isn't even dry my lips aren't chapped or peeling. I feel like if I am on nothing. Are these signs that the drug isn't working for me or doesn't have an effect?

#2 Leebo

Leebo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

It took me 6 months to get clear but i saw an improvement around the 4month mark.

The fact you arnt experiencing any dryness does seem odd, i mean the drug works by reducing sebum production so if you arnt drying up it doesnt sound like its working all too well.

I assume you have mentioned that to your derm?

How much longer are you on it for? Cause you might aswell keep taking the drug, for some people they need two sessions of accutane to see the results they want so keep at it, atleast untill you next see your derm, then voice all your concerns to him.

Good luck!

#3 HDD208

HDD208

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

Hey thanks for responding. I think the reason the dryness does not bother me so much is because I had really really oily skin. Like you can actually see the oil glistening on my skin it was disgusting. I used multiple oil blotting sheets per hour. Now my face looks normal and I am no longer oily which is great. However, I don't understand why I am still breaking out in month 5. I don't mean 1 or 2 breakouts like at least 5 or 6 and their somtimes hugee like stuff I never gotten before. This may lead to increased scarring. I no longer know what to make of accutane. Sometimes I woke up and I have hope that my skin will clear and then bam!! I get new breakouts and I feel like I am right where I began. My derm still maintains hope and think it's gona work but the fact that I am not seeing significant results and I am still breaking out is very depressing. I am still not going out or meeting people instead I am at home waiting for my stupid skin to clear up.

#4 plastic rose

plastic rose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

That stage of accutane treatment where you've been taking it a while and you can't see results yet is the worst part. Especially because your skin is so delicate. I know how much it sucks, but you just have to hang in there and wait it out. Nobody can tell you exactly how long it will take, because everyone's body responds differently. You can pretty much guarantee that it will start to work. If your skin isn't dry, then you might need a higher dose so I would bring it up with your dermatologist.

#5 HDD208

HDD208

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for being supportive. I really need the encouragement these days. It is the worst to hang in there for so long and feel like this isn't working. I did mention a higher dose to my derm but she refused to do it. She said that the dosage I am currently on is the maximum for my weight and in fact I am taking a higher dosage than most people with my weight. I don't know what else I to do to help this thing work. I am dying to see results and I am not getting depressed from the accutane I am getting depressed because it's not working.

#6 sweetiebelle

sweetiebelle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

FOR EVERYONE THAT IS SUFFERING FROM BREAKOUT I RECOMMEND GOING TO A PLASTIC SURGERY OFFICE OR A MEDICAL SPA, THEY HAVE A TREATMENT CALLED OIL GLAND REDUCTION

What is Oil Gland Reduction?
Oil Gland Reduction is a safe and medication free method of acne reduction available through the Sciton Profile Laser System. Oil glands are heated with laser, reducing their ability to produce oil, therefore reducing the opportunity for acne bacteria to grow in clogged pores. Acne should be reduced in 2 to 4 weeks, and with the effects lasting up to 6 months.

How does Oil Gland Reduction Work?
The oil or sebaceous glands are unique glands in the human body, known as halocrine glands. Rather than just excreting a liquid it produces, like sweat glands do, the gland grows and its cells becomes packed with lipids (liquid fats or oils). Eventually the cells break down and burst, the gland empties, releasing the lipids into the microscopic tubes of nearby hair follicles, bringing the oils to the surface of the skin.

Oil can be reduced if heat is available to limit the production of sebaceous cells. Scition ThermaScan is set to a unique frequency that thermally treats the glands, reducing cell growth. The Profile System allows for safe, uniform, and high-speed treatments, so many glands can be treated to produce less oil.

Overabundance of skin oil is major cause of clogged pores, which in turn, are a major source of acne. Less oil means less clogged pores, which reduces the presence of acne.

Typically, 1 to 2 treatments are needed to see results. Treatments may continue 1 to 2 times per week until acne remains clear.

#7 aremwellness

aremwellness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

hi dear, i can understand your emotions and feel sorry that you are getting no positive results. in my opinion you need to see Houston laser hair removal. they will treat your skin in their medical spa and then provide you the best laser sessions of latest technology which suits to your skin as well. i had a good experience with them. i even use their mineral make up which suits to my skin.

http://www.alwaysyouthful.com/houston-laser-hair-removal-reduction-texas.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users