Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buckwheat - strongly inflammatory???

5 posts in this topic

The glycemic load is 63. It recommends a total number of less than 100 per day.

So you've spent most of that on 1 cup of buckwheat.

What else?...well...79% of the calories in buckwheat are coming from carbohydrates

122g of carbs per cup to be exact. Thats a lot considering you should be trying as hard as possible to have your total intake per day be less than 300g if you're suffering from blood sugar related acne.

The fatty acid ratio is terrible.

Omega 3 133mg

Omega 6 1634mg

That's inflammation right there.

There's alot of calories in one cup...so that's good...but...mostly carbs and very little fat, so it may not be satiating.

On second thought, there is a lot of fiber so that may "fill you up".

Good news: Seems to score pretty high for certain nutrients and has a full protein score.

Nutrition Data scores it a 2.1/5 on "filling" and 3.5/5 on nutritious

So overall it IS pretty healthy, just don't go crazy with it (as with all cereals/grains).

Since AUG 09: Been experimenting with Paleo/Primal diet and absolutely loving it.

Probiotics have been huge as well.

I thought I had the perfect breakfast... I'm already on the strictest diet I can be (no sugars, that includes fruits and sweet veggies like carrots, no grains, no dairy, no processed foods). I tried to substitute buckwheat with eggs but that didn't work out very well, I think it caused a breakout. I'm running out of food to eat. I mostly only eat chicken and fish with a lot of veggies...

I thought I had the perfect breakfast... I'm already on the strictest diet I can be (no sugars, that includes fruits and sweet veggies like carrots, no grains, no dairy, no processed foods). I tried to substitute buckwheat with eggs but that didn't work out very well, I think it caused a breakout. I'm running out of food to eat. I mostly only eat chicken and fish with a lot of veggies...

Since AUG 09: Been experimenting with Paleo/Primal diet and absolutely loving it.

Probiotics have been huge as well.