Photo

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

vitamin vitamins fish oil candida probiotic red mark

This topic is in the process of being archived.
1421 replies to this topic

#41 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Dotty1 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, it doesn't sound like it is a cure. It is a treatment. Just like antibiotics, only it is the cow's body producing the antibiotics.

Where did she ever say it was a cure? Read the title of the thread! Of course it is not a cure for everyone, since there is no cure for acne. It can be a cure for an individual though. How do you think you get cured from anything? You TREAT IT! It doesnt just magically happen.

Edited by JayQ, 02 December 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#42 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

I didn't say she said it was a cure. Some poster said it was a cure, and I was responding to that. wink.gif

But, again, I disagree with your statement "It can be a cure for an individual though."
Rather, it can be "a successful treatment for an individual."

A cure is when we finally find the underlying cause of this acne problem, and that seems to be impossible because it appears to be related to how our parents fed as as children and how the foods made us insulin insensitive. Perhaps we can stop the problem by preventing our future children from making the same mistake and getting them to eat mostly vegetable diets (instead of high fat diets) without the processed foods so that their bodies will remain insulin sensitive. smile.gif

Edited by Dotty1, 02 December 2009 - 12:43 PM.

#43 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

Thanks to kickingacne for providing this link to me, i think i am going to this product a try http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a55687276

It looks like its the best one available in the UK, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on it and if it sounds like its good enough compared to the ones like Symbiotics Colostrum?

#44 strato

strato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Dec 2 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to kickingacne for providing this link to me, i think i am going to this product a try http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a55687276

It looks like its the best one available in the UK, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on it and if it sounds like its good enough compared to the ones like Symbiotics Colostrum?

I as well wonder about the REFLEX brand Colostrum. Denise2, do you think that product would work?

#45 pimple_popper

pimple_popper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well, I'm going to give colostrum a try to see if at least helps with my stomach issues. According to my own research, it sounds like there are no real dangerous side effects, except that people tend to feel shitty while their body is adjusting/detoxing when starting it.

By the way, let me just say how moving it is to hear about a mother who goes to such great extents to help her son with his acne. My parents won't even talk to me about my problems with acne, (though I appreciate their trying to spare me embarrassment, sometimes I wish I could tell them how painful it is) let alone spend hours on end researching and thousands of dollars to help me. It's understandable that they have their own busy lives to deal with and I'm not complaining, I just think lots of us on these forums come here because we are fighting this battle completely on our own. I'm a poor college student and can barely afford all these methods of treatment, but what choice do I have? I want to find out what is causing my body to turn against itself, so I can live a healthy normal life. Your son is really lucky to have such a caring mother.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with those of us who are at our wits end trying to figure out what's wrong inside.

#46 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Dotty1 @ Dec 2 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say she said it was a cure. Some poster said it was a cure, and I was responding to that. wink.gif

But, again, I disagree with your statement "It can be a cure for an individual though."
Rather, it can be "a successful treatment for an individual."

A cure is when we finally find the underlying cause of this acne problem, and that seems to be impossible because it appears to be related to how our parents fed as as children and how the foods made us insulin insensitive. Perhaps we can stop the problem by preventing our future children from making the same mistake and getting them to eat mostly vegetable diets (instead of high fat diets) without the processed foods so that their bodies will remain insulin sensitive. smile.gif

Did she not find the underlying cause of her sons acne problem? So why would it not be an individual cure?

#47 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Maybe I need to take a break from researching for a few days because all the info is beginning to get garbled in my brain and I am not even reading the obvious lol. wacko.gif

#48 acne2010

acne2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

Thank you very much Denise2 for posting this and taking the time out of your day to respond to our questions!

I was wondering if this is a permanent thing or do you just do it for 2 months (or until acne is surely cured) and then stop taking it?

#49 MilGirl

MilGirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

I am very interested in this and will read more about it tomorrow. Am very tired after my long day today... but this is a possibility for me to try! Thanks!

#50 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

http://www.acne.org/...rum-t21566.html

old thread from the site on it that I came across from a google search, google has a few sites that say that its good for acne. Im also a little sketchy about the IGF-1, I may wait it out to see how some other members react but this sounds VERY interesting.

#51 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Pimple Popper MD @ Dec 2 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm going to give colostrum a try to see if at least helps with my stomach issues. According to my own research, it sounds like there are no real dangerous side effects, except that people tend to feel shitty while their body is adjusting/detoxing when starting it.

By the way, let me just say how moving it is to hear about a mother who goes to such great extents to help her son with his acne. My parents won't even talk to me about my problems with acne, (though I appreciate their trying to spare me embarrassment, sometimes I wish I could tell them how painful it is) let alone spend hours on end researching and thousands of dollars to help me. It's understandable that they have their own busy lives to deal with and I'm not complaining, I just think lots of us on these forums come here because we are fighting this battle completely on our own. I'm a poor college student and can barely afford all these methods of treatment, but what choice do I have? I want to find out what is causing my body to turn against itself, so I can live a healthy normal life. Your son is really lucky to have such a caring mother.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with those of us who are at our wits end trying to figure out what's wrong inside.

Hey...when you have a bad acne problem, it consumes your life. ninja.gif eusa_wall.gif

I started breaking out at age 11 and continued to break out in my 30s horrifically and started scarring.

My son has scars (not just read marks).

Acne can be your worst nightmare.

My son is very handsome; BEAUTIFUL red hair, full lips, deep-set eyes....but his cysts were literally covering his face, and were starting to cover his back and shoulders.

I think it's my DUTY to help my son in any way possible.

I truly hope that this can really help some of you guys who are at the end of your rope. I know exactly how that feels. And to be honest, if you can take something that isn't expensive and don't have to alter your lifestyle in such a drastic way....why do it?

As for certain brands, that is up to each person to decide. I can only state what worked for us. I cannot make your buying decisions for you. You have to purchase what is available in your area. Some people live in rural areas with no access to a supplement store. Some people cannot afford much of anything. We are on a strict budget as I lost my job last July.

But for our family, this has been an amazing blessing and the fact that it can treat many factors that directly contribute to acne breakouts, I think it would be a real help to most if not all who post here.

I'll check back from time to time but everyone PLEEEEEEEEEEEAASE update the board to let everyone know how this works for you and remember to take HIGHER DOSES for a while to really deal with whatever is going on in your gut. Just see how it works but I would give it a good coupla months. biggrin.gif

Edited by Denise2, 03 December 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#52 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Pimple Popper MD @ Dec 2 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depressed right now cuz i realized that what your saying is true. Never really looked at it like this. My dad only says it will go away when time passes and its not that big of deal. Both of my parents dont walk to talk about it.

But ehm if anyone tried this plz post the results... Im not going to buy something from the US untill i know that it prob works.

#53 Packerfan785

Packerfan785

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (DeAntonio @ Dec 3 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.acne.org/...rum-t21566.html

old thread from the site on it that I came across from a google search, google has a few sites that say that its good for acne. Im also a little sketchy about the IGF-1, I may wait it out to see how some other members react but this sounds VERY interesting.

People need to stop hating on IGF-1. Sure you don't want to much of it but it is essential to growth! It's not like its entire function is to harm the body.

#54 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

Well i def plan on trying out the powder the OP uses and making a log of it. First though i have to check with my thyroid doctor on my appt 8 Dec. I read an article that if you have hyperthyroid/thyroiditis (which i was diagnosed with back in oct) that there are rare cases it made it worse and i def do not want that to happen being i am trying to gain weight which is really difficult. I also see my doc today about my acne and i am going to tell him i plan on taking this and ask what his thoughts are on it.

Anyways here is the article i read of some of the rare side effects:

http://ezinearticles...E...s&id=144228

#55 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (JayQ @ Dec 3 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i def plan on trying out the powder the OP uses and making a log of it. First though i have to check with my thyroid doctor on my appt 8 Dec. I read an article that if you have hyperthyroid/thyroiditis (which i was diagnosed with back in oct) that there are rare cases it made it worse and i def do not want that to happen being i am trying to gain weight which is really difficult. I also see my doc today about my acne and i am going to tell him i plan on taking this and ask what his thoughts are on it.

Haha well i just got back from my doc appt and told him i planned on taking this and he looked at me like i was crazy :S. Said its something he has never heard of before as far as correlation in treating acne, but im not suprised. Anyway he did say that he is behind me in trying it and if it is something that doesnt work for me then he would refer me to a dermatlogist finally!

#56 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, Design, Music, Video Games, Yoga, Nature, Research, Reading, Learning

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

Is there proof that every single humanly known case of acne is caused by gut dysbiosis?

#57 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (JayQ @ Dec 3 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im hyper myself so Im wondering how you do on it

Have you ordered yet? Keep me updated please

#58 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

Just got my 21oz tub from VitaCost, came faster than expected.

Denise2

There is a 3 gram scoop, should I start with 1 scoop twice daily? The recommended dose is 1 gram twice daily.

Thanks,

P.S. My acne is fairly under control thanks to resveratrol, light wave CS, acnomel and limited sugar consumption with no milk, or COFFEE. I still get random pimples that tend to scar, or leave bad hyper pigmentation especially around my chin. SO even if I only have one pimple on my face it is really frustrating because I know it will stick around for a while. In my past I have been on accutane twice, the second time low dosing for close to a year.

I am fairly confident that my acne is related to digestion. Resveratrol got me pretty clear, but I am suspicious that its extreme laxative effect was what improved my skin. I also have low energy levels and inattentive ADD and I cant help but think all of these issues are intertwined.

If this supplement can clear me completely and allow me to eat what I want without feeling guilty, or self conscious then I owe you one to say the least. Restricted diets are not my style, I love food too much!

fingers crossed

#59 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (gMARIAs @ Dec 3 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there proof that every single humanly known case of acne is caused by gut dysbiosis?

Yeah....go on a 14 day fast and see if you get any breakouts after the first few days.

Betcha won't. idea.gif

#60 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (andersoj @ Dec 3 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got my 21oz tub from VitaCost, came faster than expected.

Denise2

There is a 3 gram scoop, should I start with 1 scoop twice daily? The recommended dose is 1 gram twice daily.

Thanks,

P.S. My acne is fairly under control thanks to resveratrol, light wave CS, acnomel and limited sugar consumption with no milk, or COFFEE. I still get random pimples that tend to scar, or leave bad hyper pigmentation especially around my chin. SO even if I only have one pimple on my face it is really frustrating because I know it will stick around for a while. In my past I have been on accutane twice, the second time low dosing for close to a year.

I am fairly confident that my acne is related to digestion. Resveratrol got me pretty clear, but I am suspicious that its extreme laxative effect was what improved my skin. I also have low energy levels and inattentive ADD and I cant help but think all of these issues are intertwined.

If this supplement can clear me completely and allow me to eat what I want without feeling guilty, or self conscious then I owe you one to say the least. Restricted diets are not my style, I love food too much!

fingers crossed

I think you're right.

I heard a family physician who has gotten into natural theories explain it this way.

Sometimes we have 20 different symptoms but the root cause could be candida or gut dysbiosis. We get overwhelmed by all of these symptoms and if you put all of your trust in the average family physician, or in my case, the dermatologist, they just weren't taught about these matters, even though the science has been pretty much settled about it.

For example.....I have been into natural health since the early 90s and did my first candida cleanse back in '91. Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, probiotics was "controversial" to the medical establishment!! Can you believe it? Now, we have yogurt commercials advertising "active cultures"! When I would tell people that seratonin is mostly contained in their gut, AND that their immune system is generated in their gut, they would tell me I was a kook! Yet this is fact!

Believe me guys....the original medical doctor who wrote the very first book about candida, Dr. William Crook, was called every name in the book back in the late 80s.

Colostrum isn't a magic bullet, but if you have done pretty much everything and still have to eat restrictively, you should give it a shot. One great thing about it too is it greatly boosts seratonin levels and you feel fantastic while on it. I remember while first taking it and I had the biggest brain buzz. I just felt fantastic. I was looking at the sky and clouds just feeling so alive. It was really oddly refreshing. eusa_dance.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif I know that sounds weird but I was somewhat used to feeling tired all the time. To feel so radically different, happy, and alive...was just awesome. Like I said....I take it for many reasons; firstly immunity, but right up there is how good you feel emotionally while taking it. Oh! I started sleeping better, too! eusa_clap.gif

I think you can start with a scoop a day. As you can see, one full serving is 1/3 of a scoop. There is over 600 servings in one cansiter. My son actually took 2 scoops a day at one time and is now down to the normal serving size.

Keep us updated and good luck.