JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Denise2 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jb20 @ Dec 1 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't colostrum contain high amounts of IGF-1 hormone which can actually cause acne?

Doesn't seem to be a problem as far as I can tell. I've read several online testimonials regarding how colostrum helped someone's acne, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

So if you are avoiding dairy is this a good thing to take still?
My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

#22 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

Kind of ironic how the ultimate acne scapegoat, milk, might end up being the cure.
read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

#23 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Sounds interesting but does anyone know if its available anywhere in the UK? Just had a search but i couldnt really find much.
You Just Have To Look Through The Dark
To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

#24 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (JayQ @ Dec 1 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Denise2 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jb20 @ Dec 1 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't colostrum contain high amounts of IGF-1 hormone which can actually cause acne?

Doesn't seem to be a problem as far as I can tell. I've read several online testimonials regarding how colostrum helped someone's acne, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

So if you are avoiding dairy is this a good thing to take still?

From everything that I have read, if the product is 100% pure colostrum, you should do fine. I know my son reacted horribly to dairy and has had no problems with it. He has all the dairy he wants now with no problems.

It would probably help to populate your intestines with a good probiotic as well, particularly if you aren't taking one.

#25 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds interesting but does anyone know if its available anywhere in the UK? Just had a search but i couldnt really find much.

I think if you can google "colostrum" you'll find many suppliers of colostrum. There are many, many, reputable colostrum companies, particularly in New Zealand, and I'm sure they do overseas shipping.

I am simply recommending Symbiotics because it's pretty darn cheap for what you get and seemingly works better than anything else we tried. That's not to say other brands won't work as well. However, you may pay a lot more for it.

My entire family can take it for 6 months....that's less than $10.00 a month. You can't get much cheaper than that.

#26 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (andersoj @ Dec 1 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of ironic how the ultimate acne scapegoat, milk, might end up being the cure.

Yep...really weird. I'm so glad I wouldn't give up on my son! I knew it was some missing puzzle piece and he read all of the Accutane horror stories and refused to get on it so he kind of pushed me into digging deeper and doing more research.

I can't take much credit, though. I think I just stumbled on it.

I've heard of colostrum for many years as a supplement, I just never considered taking it. Now, it's my number one supplement. And that has nothing to do with acne....it burns fat, helps wound healing, boosts immunity like you can't believe, etc......

We all had H1N1 and we got over it in one day; literally. Slight fever and that was that. I attribute the mildness to the colostrum. The people we caught it from were out of school for almost a week and very sick from it. We pretty much sailed through it.

So even though it's great for acne and that's my purpose in posting about it here...to encourage people who have "given up", colostrum is more than a one-note wonder for acne. It's just a fantastic overall health tonic.

#27 pimple_popper

pimple_popper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

That's very interesting. You know, when I started to get acne (when I was about 20), at the same exact time in my life I started to get extreme stomach attacks. I went to many doctors, went through all sorts of cat-scans, but they never found anything out of the ordinary. Some told me I probably have IBS, some told me my intestines are extra long for my thin physique and they were folding over on themselves, causing the terrible cramping. It was never diagnosed with certainty, and now I have these little pills (hyoscyamine sulfate) that I take if I start to feel an attack coming on, and they almost always ease my pain. I've wondered for some time now if this stomach issue is somehow connected with my acne.. It's hard to figure out since most doctors and dermatologists I've been to don't seem to know jack from shit.

Either way, I might look into the colostrum tablets. I've been taking fish oil tablets for about a month now, and pantothenic acid pills, but only one of each per day. So far I don't really see any results. In fact, my breakouts are becoming much worse (this time of year always seems to do it to me though, perhaps due to the change in weather)

One quick question. I found the brand your were talking about http://www.vitaminsh....jsp?id=CU-1030 It says to take 2 doses of 480 mg twice daily, and triple the amount in times of enviromental or physical stress. Does it only work for your son if you give him upwards of 2880 mg a day? And if so, are there any negative side effects that come with such high doses?

#28 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Trail running, cooking and eating wholesome + nutritious food, guitar, piano, music, riding my bicycle

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

So I went to my local health shop and picked up a bottle of the Symbiotics Colostrum Plus Powder. They only had the 2oz container for like $23, so not the cheapest... But I will try it for a month or so, and if things go well, I am going to order the 21oz tub from vitacost.

I am going to start with 1 teaspoon twice daily and adjust accordingly. I have some high hopes for this stuff. I will update for whomever is interested.
Exercise, eat and live like you are constantly trying to get into the best shape of your life, and it will show, inside and out.

#29 kickingacne

kickingacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

This sounds promising, I'm a big believer in diet affecting acne as I managed to get mine under control with a very strict diet. I'm from England so getting the brand you recommend isn't possible as it will cost loads to bring it to England with postage charges. I'm going to try it in tablet form from an english company, it says 35 igG so hopefully it'll be ok.

I started the regime a week ago, thought it was working so had a slice of cake... BIG mistake! I've got a spot the size of a mountain under my mouth, its actually a collection of 4-5 in one small area, so the inflammation is laughably bad! I guess its one of those you have to laugh else you'd probably cry!

I'll let you know how I get on with these tablets. Quick question, how many grams worth of colostrum should I consume a day?
I'm praying this works for me, I'd do anything to have a 'normal' diet again without severe outbreaks!

#30 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (kickingacne @ Dec 1 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds promising, I'm a big believer in diet affecting acne as I managed to get mine under control with a very strict diet. I'm from England so getting the brand you recommend isn't possible as it will cost loads to bring it to England with postage charges. I'm going to try it in tablet form from an english company, it says 35 igG so hopefully it'll be ok.

I started the regime a week ago, thought it was working so had a slice of cake... BIG mistake! I've got a spot the size of a mountain under my mouth, its actually a collection of 4-5 in one small area, so the inflammation is laughably bad! I guess its one of those you have to laugh else you'd probably cry!

I'll let you know how I get on with these tablets. Quick question, how many grams worth of colostrum should I consume a day?
I'm praying this works for me, I'd do anything to have a 'normal' diet again without severe outbreaks!

Is the pill just as effective as taking the powder? If so i might go with the pill since it will be quick and easy. Also do you just mix the powder in water and drink it that way? Thanks Denise btw for taking time and answering all of our questions, its really appreciated!! biggrin.gif
My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

#31 Skiz

Skiz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Denise for answering the questions. One more though:

If you think this heals the gut, do you ever plan on him stopping it for a little to see if it actually healed it or just covered up the problem?

#32 Skiz

Skiz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hmm...I didn't realize this was actually a workout booster like Whey. Does that mean this is high in protein or does it just work because of the other good stuff it does?

I'll probably pick some up tommorrow since i'm using whey daily now, and while it doesn't break me out surprisingly, I might as well try this to see if it can help. (And yes, food sensitivities are why I breakout..certain fats more than sugars. Sugars certainly don't help, but what I get from it won't turn cystic like certain fats.) I won't megadose though.

Hmm..Vitamine shoppe seems to only offer capsules. Torn on whether to get that or order the powder online.

Edited by Skiz, 01 December 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#33 Sahartar

Sahartar

Dedicated Follower of Culture

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I'm a bit concerned with using something that's apparently loaded with a hormone that everyone agrees aggravates acne as an acne cure.

I guess I don't understand enough about all the intricacies of acne to make an informed decision here...... is it really possible that every case of acne is caused by a gut dysbiosis problem as you claim? If so, why do most people just outgrow acne?

I'm not criticizing you at all. I honestly just want to be educated on this.

#34 steve.n

steve.n

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

I'm really want to try this but, I really wanna know if Symbiotic is the best product. Is there any other products that you can recommend? And can you also explain why you choose Symbiotic over the other colostrum products except the fact that it saves money? Thanks a lot!
시작이 반이다. - Starting is half the task.

#35 Skiz

Skiz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

Maybe it's just me, but i'm kind of skeptical about it curing the gut disbiosis thing. Denise, if you almost everything else to help that out, and nothing ever showed improvement, I think it might be something else that colustrum is improving or preventing (or at least should be considered) since it deals with so many things.

#36 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

You guys have a lot of questions. I'll try to answer them in a concise format.

1. I would take 3-4 times the recommended doseage of colostrum. My son took the recommended doseage of other colostrums but didn't have a great result.
2. I recommend Symbiotics brand because as I said before....they coat it to ensure it goes into the small intestine and it seemed to work better than the other two brands we tried. Of course you can try any brand you want, but I would increase the doseage.
3. Hormone balance is directly related to gut dysbiosis in that hormone balance is directly related in particular to the intake and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. Excess hormones are pulled out of the body by a healthy diet full of fiber. When they aren't pulled out of the body and bowel through plenty of fiber, they keep circulating through the bloodsteam and liver, wreaking havoc on the endocrine system.
4. Hormones from colostrum don't seem to cause anyone any problems. If you aren't taking HRT, it shouldn't be a problem.
5. Because I'm perimenopausal, I use a pregesterone cream topically and colostrum doesn't cause me any problems whatsoever.

Here is a q&a for you all to read. Please continue to do your own research and read the research and testimonials. If it doesn't feel right to you, don't take it. This is mainly for people who are at the end of their rope and have tried a strict diet but don't seem to be making headway.

http://colostrumplus.com/

Edited by Denise2, 02 December 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#37 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Skiz @ Dec 2 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's just me, but i'm kind of skeptical about it curing the gut disbiosis thing. Denise, if you almost everything else to help that out, and nothing ever showed improvement, I think it might be something else that colustrum is improving or preventing (or at least should be considered) since it deals with so many things.

I said in my very first post that it does many things. But for my son, it seems to have healed his leaky gut just like it does with people with IBS, Chronic Fatigue, Coloitis, etc...... I know that's what it did because he didn't have a candida problem. There was no candida to kill.

I'm here just trying to help people.

I have provided a lot of information, links, etc....people don't have to take anything they don't want to. People can be skeptical if they want to. People can go on Accutane and risk losing their hearing, eyesight, and then going on Accutane 10 times in their life if they want.

I came here to provide a missing puzzle piece because I thought people might want some information that I had never seen discussed before.

But again....remain skeptical if you want. I'm not a medical professional but I did cure my own severe acne and now my son. I do know that acne is always a gut problem. I don't care what anyone says. That's just a fact. Cure the gut (intestine, liver, etc.....), cure the acne.

I'm not going to get into an endless debate about this.

If you want to take colostrum, I would use higher-than-recommended doses until you see improvement. You MIGHT have issues with breakouts at first as you are getting healed or you may be killing candida that is deeply burrowed into your intestinal tract. Whichever it is, take it for a few months at higher doses, read and study about it and again...do what feels right to you and then let people know what happens.

Good luck everyone!

#38 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

I wonder if there is human colostrum on sale. I know there are milk banks for human milk now for people with health issues. I am thinking that human colostrum would not have such a high pus count as the cow milk is known for because of filthy factory farm conditions and bad diet. But, there are shortages sometimes of human colostrum at the banks, unlike with cows because they can keep them pregnant night and day so there is always excess.

Just a fleeting thought: It is kinda sad that the little calves aren't even allowed to drink the very first three days of their mother's milk, but are taken.

And this promising new acne treatment lies in the horror of it all, LOL.

Btw, it doesn't sound like it is a cure. It is a treatment. Just like antibiotics, only it is the cow's body producing the antibiotics.

Edited by Dotty1, 02 December 2009 - 10:20 AM.

"It takes 20 minutes to turn a live steer into a hamburger. One-third of cattle are blinking, looking around and mooing as their tails are cut off, their hooves removed, their hides pulled off and their bellies ripped open. It is happening all over North America. Veterinarians feel its out of control but the government says there is nothing they can do about it." --The Washington Post's "They Die Piece By Piece" (April 11, 2001)

There are 13 major slaughterhouses in the US. All 13 are "self-policed" for animal abuse. Each worker cuts the throat of about 309 cattle per hour. --Humane Society of America

It is legal in North America for male chicks to be thrown into grinders while alive for dog food companies.

"Poor animals! How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies... that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself." — T. Casey Brennan

#39 NTNS

NTNS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Denise, do you know if 650 MG tablet of colostrum okay to take?
Colostrum by Vitamin Wolrd

#40 kickingacne

kickingacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hi Denise, just saying thanks for the information and the time spent replying. I'm going to give it a go as I've tried everything else, might aswell try this. Also, my viewpoint is I couldn't care less about the physiology of why my acne may have stopped, if it stopped, its all good! Unfortunately it hasn't... not when eating 'normally' that is.