Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

215 posts in this topic

Well, I'm going to give colostrum a try to see if at least helps with my stomach issues. According to my own research, it sounds like there are no real dangerous side effects, except that people tend to feel shitty while their body is adjusting/detoxing when starting it.

By the way, let me just say how moving it is to hear about a mother who goes to such great extents to help her son with his acne. My parents won't even talk to me about my problems with acne, (though I appreciate their trying to spare me embarrassment, sometimes I wish I could tell them how painful it is) let alone spend hours on end researching and thousands of dollars to help me. It's understandable that they have their own busy lives to deal with and I'm not complaining, I just think lots of us on these forums come here because we are fighting this battle completely on our own. I'm a poor college student and can barely afford all these methods of treatment, but what choice do I have? I want to find out what is causing my body to turn against itself, so I can live a healthy normal life. Your son is really lucky to have such a caring mother.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with those of us who are at our wits end trying to figure out what's wrong inside.

Hey...when you have a bad acne problem, it consumes your life. :ninja: :wall:

I started breaking out at age 11 and continued to break out in my 30s horrifically and started scarring.

My son has scars (not just read marks).

Acne can be your worst nightmare.

My son is very handsome; BEAUTIFUL red hair, full lips, deep-set eyes....but his cysts were literally covering his face, and were starting to cover his back and shoulders.

I think it's my DUTY to help my son in any way possible.

I truly hope that this can really help some of you guys who are at the end of your rope. I know exactly how that feels. And to be honest, if you can take something that isn't expensive and don't have to alter your lifestyle in such a drastic way....why do it?

As for certain brands, that is up to each person to decide. I can only state what worked for us. I cannot make your buying decisions for you. You have to purchase what is available in your area. Some people live in rural areas with no access to a supplement store. Some people cannot afford much of anything. We are on a strict budget as I lost my job last July.

But for our family, this has been an amazing blessing and the fact that it can treat many factors that directly contribute to acne breakouts, I think it would be a real help to most if not all who post here.

I'll check back from time to time but everyone PLEEEEEEEEEEEAASE update the board to let everyone know how this works for you and remember to take HIGHER DOSES for a while to really deal with whatever is going on in your gut. Just see how it works but I would give it a good coupla months. :D

Well, I'm going to give colostrum a try to see if at least helps with my stomach issues. According to my own research, it sounds like there are no real dangerous side effects, except that people tend to feel shitty while their body is adjusting/detoxing when starting it.

By the way, let me just say how moving it is to hear about a mother who goes to such great extents to help her son with his acne. My parents won't even talk to me about my problems with acne, (though I appreciate their trying to spare me embarrassment, sometimes I wish I could tell them how painful it is) let alone spend hours on end researching and thousands of dollars to help me. It's understandable that they have their own busy lives to deal with and I'm not complaining, I just think lots of us on these forums come here because we are fighting this battle completely on our own. I'm a poor college student and can barely afford all these methods of treatment, but what choice do I have? I want to find out what is causing my body to turn against itself, so I can live a healthy normal life. Your son is really lucky to have such a caring mother.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with those of us who are at our wits end trying to figure out what's wrong inside.

depressed right now cuz i realized that what your saying is true. Never really looked at it like this. My dad only says it will go away when time passes and its not that big of deal. Both of my parents dont walk to talk about it.

But ehm if anyone tried this plz post the results... Im not going to buy something from the US untill i know that it prob works.

I dont agree with what I posted in the nutrition section anymore. I just think its not worth it. People worrying about food and acne all day in order to improve their life somehow while they are actually just digging a bigger hole for themselfs. The only reason to eat right should be to feel a bit better. Because the chances you will be able to reduce your acne in such an amount that its worth the effort instead of just trying a new topical is astronomicly low.

Basically get a low effort topical like differin or something more harsh if that doesnt work and just start living the life you want to live!

Retired!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Colostrum-t21566.html

old thread from the site on it that I came across from a google search, google has a few sites that say that its good for acne. Im also a little sketchy about the IGF-1, I may wait it out to see how some other members react but this sounds VERY interesting.

People need to stop hating on IGF-1. Sure you don't want to much of it but it is essential to growth! It's not like its entire function is to harm the body.

Please, use Retin-A. It has nearly eliminated my acne and continues to lighten my red marks.

Well i def plan on trying out the powder the OP uses and making a log of it. First though i have to check with my thyroid doctor on my appt 8 Dec. I read an article that if you have hyperthyroid/thyroiditis (which i was diagnosed with back in oct) that there are rare cases it made it worse and i def do not want that to happen being i am trying to gain weight which is really difficult. I also see my doc today about my acne and i am going to tell him i plan on taking this and ask what his thoughts are on it.

Anyways here is the article i read of some of the rare side effects:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Colostrum-Side-E...s&id=144228

My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

Well i def plan on trying out the powder the OP uses and making a log of it. First though i have to check with my thyroid doctor on my appt 8 Dec. I read an article that if you have hyperthyroid/thyroiditis (which i was diagnosed with back in oct) that there are rare cases it made it worse and i def do not want that to happen being i am trying to gain weight which is really difficult. I also see my doc today about my acne and i am going to tell him i plan on taking this and ask what his thoughts are on it.

Haha well i just got back from my doc appt and told him i planned on taking this and he looked at me like i was crazy :S. Said its something he has never heard of before as far as correlation in treating acne, but im not suprised. Anyway he did say that he is behind me in trying it and if it is something that doesnt work for me then he would refer me to a dermatlogist finally!

My Vitamin B5 Log

Is there proof that every single humanly known case of acne is caused by gut dysbiosis?

-If we could only live on good food like that...we wouldn't have the country full of rotten teeth and rotten guts.____Buck Mulligan, Ulysses

No sacrifice, No Victory - Sacrifice our resplendence, we fight for freedom___Hammerfall

Diet: Unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, water and coffee. No supplements.

Fitness: Exercise whenever the hell i want

Stop treating your personal experiences as universal facts. Please and thanks.

If you can't clear your skin through diet and overall health, you aren't doing it right.

Society's intellectual degeneration greatly disappoints me.

An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.

Im hyper myself so Im wondering how you do on it

Have you ordered yet? Keep me updated please

Just got my 21oz tub from VitaCost, came faster than expected.

Denise2

There is a 3 gram scoop, should I start with 1 scoop twice daily? The recommended dose is 1 gram twice daily.

Thanks,

P.S. My acne is fairly under control thanks to resveratrol, light wave CS, acnomel and limited sugar consumption with no milk, or COFFEE. I still get random pimples that tend to scar, or leave bad hyper pigmentation especially around my chin. SO even if I only have one pimple on my face it is really frustrating because I know it will stick around for a while. In my past I have been on accutane twice, the second time low dosing for close to a year.

I am fairly confident that my acne is related to digestion. Resveratrol got me pretty clear, but I am suspicious that its extreme laxative effect was what improved my skin. I also have low energy levels and inattentive ADD and I cant help but think all of these issues are intertwined.

If this supplement can clear me completely and allow me to eat what I want without feeling guilty, or self conscious then I owe you one to say the least. Restricted diets are not my style, I love food too much!

fingers crossed

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

Is there proof that every single humanly known case of acne is caused by gut dysbiosis?

Yeah....go on a 14 day fast and see if you get any breakouts after the first few days.

Betcha won't. :idea:

Just got my 21oz tub from VitaCost, came faster than expected.

Denise2

There is a 3 gram scoop, should I start with 1 scoop twice daily? The recommended dose is 1 gram twice daily.

Thanks,

P.S. My acne is fairly under control thanks to resveratrol, light wave CS, acnomel and limited sugar consumption with no milk, or COFFEE. I still get random pimples that tend to scar, or leave bad hyper pigmentation especially around my chin. SO even if I only have one pimple on my face it is really frustrating because I know it will stick around for a while. In my past I have been on accutane twice, the second time low dosing for close to a year.

I am fairly confident that my acne is related to digestion. Resveratrol got me pretty clear, but I am suspicious that its extreme laxative effect was what improved my skin. I also have low energy levels and inattentive ADD and I cant help but think all of these issues are intertwined.

If this supplement can clear me completely and allow me to eat what I want without feeling guilty, or self conscious then I owe you one to say the least. Restricted diets are not my style, I love food too much!

fingers crossed

I think you're right.

I heard a family physician who has gotten into natural theories explain it this way.

Sometimes we have 20 different symptoms but the root cause could be candida or gut dysbiosis. We get overwhelmed by all of these symptoms and if you put all of your trust in the average family physician, or in my case, the dermatologist, they just weren't taught about these matters, even though the science has been pretty much settled about it.

For example.....I have been into natural health since the early 90s and did my first candida cleanse back in '91. Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, probiotics was "controversial" to the medical establishment!! Can you believe it? Now, we have yogurt commercials advertising "active cultures"! When I would tell people that seratonin is mostly contained in their gut, AND that their immune system is generated in their gut, they would tell me I was a kook! Yet this is fact!

Believe me guys....the original medical doctor who wrote the very first book about candida, Dr. William Crook, was called every name in the book back in the late 80s.

Colostrum isn't a magic bullet, but if you have done pretty much everything and still have to eat restrictively, you should give it a shot. One great thing about it too is it greatly boosts seratonin levels and you feel fantastic while on it. I remember while first taking it and I had the biggest brain buzz. I just felt fantastic. I was looking at the sky and clouds just feeling so alive. It was really oddly refreshing. :dance: :wub: :D ;) I know that sounds weird but I was somewhat used to feeling tired all the time. To feel so radically different, happy, and alive...was just awesome. Like I said....I take it for many reasons; firstly immunity, but right up there is how good you feel emotionally while taking it. Oh! I started sleeping better, too! :clap:

I think you can start with a scoop a day. As you can see, one full serving is 1/3 of a scoop. There is over 600 servings in one cansiter. My son actually took 2 scoops a day at one time and is now down to the normal serving size.

Keep us updated and good luck.

I think Im just gonna take it myself, I dont really feel like waiting for others comments. Im gonna get the 6 oz one tho which is around 25$, I know the 50+ dollar one is ALOT better of a deal but I dont know if Im even gonna be finish out the 6 oz which has about a 3 month supply in it if I take 2 scoops a day... will be enough for me to tell

Im nervous still but whatever, I will be ordering tomorrow and will keep everyone posted. I really want to be able to eat more diverse

I think Im just gonna take it myself, I dont really feel like waiting for others comments. Im gonna get the 6 oz one tho which is around 25$, I know the 50+ dollar one is ALOT better of a deal but I dont know if Im even gonna be finish out the 6 oz which has about a 3 month supply in it if I take 2 scoops a day... will be enough for me to tell

Im nervous still but whatever, I will be ordering tomorrow and will keep everyone posted. I really want to be able to eat more diverse

I have an appt with my thyroid doctor on the 8th and i am gonna ask if its ok too. I will let ya know ;)

My Vitamin B5 Log

I have an appt with my thyroid doctor on the 8th and i am gonna ask if its ok too. I will let ya know ;)

thanks

whats really interesting is how hyper & leaky gut really go hand in hand. Ive felt that I had leaky gut for a long time now, this sounds really really intriguing to me

your sons problem seems exactly like mine. but where should i buy this stuff? and how long should one take it for?

Buy it from here and take it indefinitely from what I understand. At least its cheap.

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

your sons problem seems exactly like mine. but where should i buy this stuff? and how long should one take it for?

Couldn't you at least try to read the rest of the thread?

So I've been taking this for a couple days now, and so far so good. I have also been reading a lot about it, and am really excited to see how things go over the next couple weeks. Along with the 2-3x recommended dose of colostrum, I am stepping up the anti-fungals a bit- going to try and eat 1-2 raw cloves of garlic and a 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil throughout the day. I also take a good probiotic in the morning, and L-glutamine powder throughout the day. I think this could be it for me, as I've already got the diet/exercise/lifestyle down... *knocks on wood*

And oh yeah, it has already helped my "regularity" quite a bit in just 2-3 days of taking it.

Exercise, eat and live like you are constantly trying to get into the best shape of your life, and it will show, inside and out.

I'm going to order this tommorow, even though I've tried countless amount of supplements, I hope this is it (like every time). I just have a good feeling about this one because, it really seems to help with a lot of things that I have other than acne such as IBS. I've always had very weak stomach and nothing helped improve it. Although I'm about 80% free of acne, I hope this is the final nail in the coffin.

ì‹œìž‘ì´ ë°˜ì´ë‹¤. - Starting is half the task.

this seems a bit mad to be honest, although if its working.. its working !

Colostrum, which is also called first milk, is one of the oldest and most exceptional foods that can be found in nature. It is as old as motherhood itself, for colostrum is milk of any mammalian in the first 24 hours after birth. The effective substances that are present in the first milk are found nowhere else in nature in such high, perfectly balanced concentrations. Colostrum is important for the nutrition, growth and development of newborn infants and contributes to the immunologic defense. Colostrum is used for its immunity defence benefits and is produced from the first milk of a lactating cow (within 24 hours of giving birth).

which is the info i found on it.

how can it help? its like super milk lol! ! all those hormones!!

but for those in uk >> http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/b/28/...um_capsules.htm

£10.99

from a good company. i buy my bodybuild supps from reflex.

another great one for all the UK'ERS >> http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/he...strum-%28nz%29/

probably better than the reflex stuff !! take a look

so people... has this helped you? im very very intrigued

also i found this info >> http://www.hgh.info/whatisigf1.html

they make it sound rather iffy at best

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose.

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug.

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice. You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum.

I'm gonna buy some Refex Colostrum today. How much should I take? 2-4 capsules is the daily recommended. 450mg of Colostrum per Cap. Also, is it better to take them all together or with separate meals?

I'm gonna buy some Refex Colostrum today. How much should I take? 2-4 capsules is the daily recommended. 450mg of Colostrum per Cap. Also, is it better to take them all together or with separate meals?

have you looked into the myprotein one i link to aswell bud?

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/he...strum-%28nz%29/

best take it as directed. i think its different for each product

My Regimen.. accutane

If anyone cares to read this and I manage to stop 1 person to avoid going on Accutane, then its served its purpose.

PM me if you'd like to chat. ACNE is ENTIRELY curable through natural ways. Please don't feel pushed or pressured or helpless that you think you must resort to this drug.

I'm not a crazy natural person (nut job lol) just a 27 year old guy who has been through it all and can offer genuinely good advice. You can see by my profile how long i've been around this forum.

Is colostrum is suitable for people who are lactose intolerant? (I don't know if I am or not)

Bovine Colostrum Side Effects

Colostrum is food and should be thought of as such. There have been no significant side effects from supplementation with bovine colostrum reported in the literature. Although colostrum contains lactose, the amount is small. It depends on the degree of lactose intolerance and the amount of colostrum ingested whether symptoms will appear in the lactose intolerant.

My Regimen.. accutane

OK, so I did some research too. Apparently the powder form seems to be much better than capsules. Unfortunately I can't get my hands on the powder yet, so I will have to take the capsules (10+ a day). Thanks want2beme.

no prob bud.

found this also > http://www.hgh.info/whatisigf1.html

is it really that bad? could you get BSC mad cow from it ? isnt that a little extreme?

the stuff at my protein looks like its ok

My Regimen.. accutane

no prob bud.

found this also > http://www.hgh.info/whatisigf1.html

is it really that bad? could you get BSC mad cow from it ? isnt that a little extreme?

the stuff at my protein looks like its ok

I noticed the one thats on myprotein is 20% igG whilst the reflex one is 35%. Not sure how major that difference is as i dont know much about the stuff, does anyone have any ideas?

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009