How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7129 replies to this topic

#1621 acneplzgo

acneplzgo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

jesus fuk im feeling so depressed right now, just a few days ago my acne was looking fine covering only 15% of my face, after I started applying apple cider vinegar, prolly didnt read the instructions properly my acne now covers at least 50% of my face from the pih, scars flaring up (both cheeks, temple, below chin)

and a huge ass cyst is forming on my nose (which was already scarred as fuk from hyperpigmentation red, etc) its about the size of half the tips of your fingers. what makes it worse was that it was fuking geting better before I did this sht and I have to come back from overseas soon, see my gf, friends, start uni, etc fml

surprisingly I have little acne on my forehead. ive had acne since I was 12, I can still remember thinking it would be better after puberty. well now im 18 and its the worst its ever been. jesus, both my cheeks are literally covered in red scars all over the place I want to cry.

just wanted to rant.

#1622 VitaminofLove333

VitaminofLove333

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:being with friends, my band, guitar, painting, piano, singing, lovingandliving life

Achievements

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

So forehead stauts= 90% clear. Pretty much clear cept for a few tiny ones.
But really dry.
And flaky.
Which does not look good with my makeup. And lotion doesnt relaly help me.
But Ill rejoice.
Because
Im pretty
much
CLEAR(:
Cheek status: Well, got 4 nice ones istting there, onyl ones really THAT noticeable. God, cheeks, you little craps. Theyve been clear since X-Mas and usddenly when i get rid of my forhead acne, they have to join thep arty. Theyre not that bad at all.
But still.

And my face is kinda dry.
Overall: hpapy for forehead, sitl hlatin' the dryness. Cheeks are a mehbutt. Mediocre.

#1623 surgicalshotgun

surgicalshotgun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Definitely feeling a little down today. For the past 2 weeks I haven't had any inflamed acne at all; all I've had to deal with is the post-inflamed red pigmentation which is surely easier, at least for me, to deal with than inflamed acne. Yesterday I woke up with 3-4 new whiteheads. I did my usual routine of cleansing, moisturizing, then applying some 2.5% BP; the whiteheads ended up coming off in the shower. This morning I woke up and the heads are all gone, but now my face is covered with really red marks; it also looks like the heads may come back. I'm just hoping that it'll sort itself out by the end of the weekend when I go back to school after a week break.

Having acne in university no matter how severe or mild is so frustrating and depressing at the same time. I only have like 4 or 5 active spots, but hell they're really red and it's really embarrassing. There's this girl that I was planning to ask out on a date when I got back since my acne had FINALLY started to recede, but it looks like that'll go on hold until this recent breakout fades.

I always like to end on a good note though--I'm about 90% sure that this outbreak was caused by drinking a ton of milk recently. So I'll definitely be mixing my protein shakes with water instead from now on that's for sure.

Edited by surgicalshotgun, 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#1624 IronBull

IronBull

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Playing sport, video games, working out, martial arts, hanging out with friends.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

Not good. I broke out again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I am still struggling with confidence and these break outs are certainly not helping my confidence one bit. I hate having acne. I really do. Ain't easy working out at the gym and finding out that you're the only one in the gym with acne. Acne blows.

#1625 Kittyx3

Kittyx3

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Tea & Gaming ;)

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Feeling good!
Not a blemish on my face & all my red marks are fading as well (albeit slowley)
Antibiotics are doing their thing <3

I've totally jinxed it now...Posted Image

Edited by Kittyx3, 24 February 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#1626 BriGriff

BriGriff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Definitely feeling a little down today. For the past 2 weeks I haven't had any inflamed acne at all; all I've had to deal with is the post-inflamed red pigmentation which is surely easier, at least for me, to deal with than inflamed acne. Yesterday I woke up with 3-4 new whiteheads. I did my usual routine of cleansing, moisturizing, then applying some 2.5% BP; the whiteheads ended up coming off in the shower. This morning I woke up and the heads are all gone, but now my face is covered with really red marks; it also looks like the heads may come back. I'm just hoping that it'll sort itself out by the end of the weekend when I go back to school after a week break.

Having acne in university no matter how severe or mild is so frustrating and depressing at the same time. I only have like 4 or 5 active spots, but hell they're really red and it's really embarrassing. There's this girl that I was planning to ask out on a date when I got back since my acne had FINALLY started to recede, but it looks like that'll go on hold until this recent breakout fades.

I always like to end on a good note though--I'm about 90% sure that this outbreak was caused by drinking a ton of milk recently. So I'll definitely be mixing my protein shakes with water instead from now on that's for sure.

Heyy I just read this and it kinda makes me really frustrated! I think you should ask that girl out! Because if she likes you she won't care about your skin! I know it might be hard but if you have a good personality (which is kinda cheesy I know) but I know I like a guy way more if he confident about who he is. My doctor recommended visualizing what you want your skin to look like throughout the day and eventually you start to forget about it. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it definitely helps me get through uni + talking to new people! I'm going to a big uni party tonight and I have a lot of red marks but I'm going to go cause I hate acne holding me back all the time. I really hope you your skin clears Posted Image GOOD LUCK!

#1627 poi6

poi6

Giggity...lol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Snowboarding , Longboarding ,Hockey ,Guitair ..

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I feel fucking brutal because my newish girlfriend has never seen me with bad acne yet because I've been clear for like two weeks......so now I feel as if she's just going to lose attraction to me.....whatever I'm just to depressed right now to care. It just keeps fucking coming.......Fuck this.....I don't think I'm aloud to swear this much in this forum...

#1628 pugrocker

pugrocker

VAN HALEN ROCKS!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Drums and Drumming, and Animal Wellfare. Love Animals, They Just Rock And They Certainly Dont Care If Your Face Is Full Of Pimples!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Feeling good!

Hey Kittyx3, what antibiotics are ya taking and whats the dosage? Thanks!Posted Image Posted Image

#1629 Kittyx3

Kittyx3

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Tea & Gaming ;)

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

Feeling good!

Hey Kittyx3, what antibiotics are ya taking and whats the dosage? Thanks!Posted Image Posted Image

I'm trying Erythromycin 250mg a day. Apparntly they work fast (but don't work for long, like 3-4 months)
Doc said I should have seen results by a week, why I was excited my skin was clear yesterday. But alas, I woke up today and poked my face & now its a mess.
WHY do I do this to myself? :\
Maybe I should start a skin picking log to try and stop the temptation.

Day 12 and counting..

Edited by Kittyx3, 25 February 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#1630 poi6

poi6

Giggity...lol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

meh...Posted Image

#1631 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm having a breakout yet again (mainly below my jawline). Posted Image One week I'm fine then a breakout. Then it's fine. Then a breakout. etc. I'm so fed up with this! I started antibiotics this week, am I breaking out because of that? Maybe it's the shampoo? Maybe because I stopped eating that multivitamin? Maybe because of my moisturizer?? Who knows. It's all a lame mystery that is driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel like I'm dr. House and I am my own patient lol

edit: I think I will start taking 50mg zinc (chelated). Or maybe some other form...arghhh so many...I don't know which is best...

Edited by makethatchange, 25 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#1632 joanni

joanni

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm feeling sad, as always. Most of my acne is on my forehead, and I have a bit on my chin too. I've started crying everyday because of my face. I can't help it, I just automatically start to cry when I look in the mirror. I feel so pathetic when I'm with my friends. They all have clear skin..

Right now I'm using something called DALACIN. It made a lot of my acne go away, but now it just kind of stopped. I'm also using Neutrogena and Stioxyl. I really want everything to go away. I know it's impossible, but I want to enjoy my life! I'm constantly thinking about my acne, trying to cover it up with my hands and my hair.. It's ruining my life Posted Image

#1633 poi6

poi6

Giggity...lol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image i feel nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1634 Guillermo Cheque

Guillermo Cheque

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm feeling pretty bad, but I'm going on a walk soon so hopefully I'll start feeling better.

#1635 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Feeling quite good lately, no active zits on my face at all! It feels really smooth and soft to the touch, esp with the help of my moisturizing mask. Makeup is going on better than ever, blends very well and smoothly and makes my spots virtually disappear. I can definitely the red marks fading, and it's all very exciting and hopeful. I know by the summer my skin's going to look a lot better!

#1636 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'm having a breakout yet again (mainly below my jawline). Posted Image One week I'm fine then a breakout. Then it's fine. Then a breakout. etc. I'm so fed up with this! I started antibiotics this week, am I breaking out because of that? Maybe it's the shampoo? Maybe because I stopped eating that multivitamin? Maybe because of my moisturizer?? Who knows. It's all a lame mystery that is driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel like I'm dr. House and I am my own patient lol

edit: I think I will start taking 50mg zinc (chelated). Or maybe some other form...arghhh so many...I don't know which is best...

I know the feeling all too well. My face is breaking out like crazy, and this time the breakouts are itchy. They're really annoying me.

I feel like scratching my chin, and overall, just ripping it apart because I'm having a hard time being positive.

I hate breaking out everyday...it feels like I'll never get things in control.

Posted Image

#1637 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I know the feeling all too well. My face is breaking out like crazy, and this time the breakouts are itchy. They're really annoying me.

I feel like scratching my chin, and overall, just ripping it apart because I'm having a hard time being positive.

Posted Image

I got 2 pimples today and they itched like crazy! What is this? And also same thing happened last Saturday. It's really weird...but I put Avene cicalfate on those and the itching stopped so I love that cream.
Well today I feel even worse because I am still breaking out a bit. I started taking antibiotics last Tuesday so I don't understand. My skin should be getting better not worse, no? Maybe I shouldn't take the antibiotics anymore? :S

#1638 Vince Is A Stud Muffin

Vince Is A Stud Muffin

Everything I touch turns to Ashes...

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me
  • Interests:alcohol, girls, sports, marketing, being happy one day

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Posted Image

Breakout's suck we all know this too well, but it's going to get better. You are just making yourself think you look worse than you really do. Trust me I know I do this all the time, but I BET YOU LOOK GREAT EVEN IF YOU AREN'T FEELING THAT WAY. Keep ur chin up!

#1639 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

Breakout's suck we all know this too well, but it's going to get better. You are just making yourself think you look worse than you really do. Trust me I know I do this all the time, but I BET YOU LOOK GREAT EVEN IF YOU AREN'T FEELING THAT WAY. Keep ur chin up!

Believe me, I know. I've tried saying countless times that it isn't all that bad, and I'm making more worse than it seems...it's not helping. But thanks.

@makethatchange: I'm on antibiotics as well (minocycline), and the itching for me is getting annoying. My face constantly is itchy. I didn't have problems at all the first few months, but now I am. I also never had problems breaking out on my neck, and now I am. Maybe you should talk to your dermatologist about the antibiotic. I know I am going to when I mine in 11 days. Posted Image

#1640 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Really not feeling good. The red marks are getting me down so much and it feels like I am in an unending battle. I feel so ridiculously ugly.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users