How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7409 replies to this topic

#7401 treonaut77

treonaut77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

Its been more than a month since I started taking daily probiotic supplements and I am definitely seeing improvements. I am by no means cured, but the frequency and severity of my acne has definitely gone down. I know what works for one person may not work for another, but if you haven't given probiotics a shot, please try it. It may help you too. (I am taking Bifilac three times a day on an empty stomach with lots of water).

#7402 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

@marbleartist & TemperateCent - please keep your posts "on topic" in the forums.  If you wish to continue your discourse then I suggest you do so via PM.  Any further posts made along this subject matter will be deleted including the ones already made.

AyeAye - Acne.org Moderating Team

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#7403 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

The mod has spoken. Stop with the off-topic posts.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#7404 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:video games, reading, the paranormal, computers, animals/pets, fairies/unicorns, hiking, nature, perfume, aromatherapy, Final Fantasy series, Zelda, Linux, herbal tea, stuffed animals, ethnic cuisine, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, Myers Briggs Personality Tests (I'm an INFP!), religion, spirituality, conspiracy theories (no, I don't believe most of them, I just like researching them), long walks on the beach at night, nightime in general, Jean Auel's books, world travel (though I haven't been able to yet!), Showtime's Dexter, alone time, gemstones/geology, caving, dog parks, trance/electronica, museums & historical centers, and the list goes on.
    Feel free to add me if you want to! I need friends who understand what I'm going through with my acne :(

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

The emotional trauma starts again. I'm a few months pregnant and my acne has flared up with a vengeance. It's even worse than when I went on Accutane 10 years ago, except this time, Accutane and most other options for severe cystic acne are not options while pregnant. I have many huge, bright red cysts all over my face

#7405 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

The emotional trauma starts again. I'm a few months pregnant and my acne has flared up with a vengeance. It's even worse than when I went on Accutane 10 years ago, except this time, Accutane and most other options for severe cystic acne are not options while pregnant. I have many huge, bright red cysts all over my face

I am so sorry that you're struggling during a time that you sould be enjoying your pregnancy.  There are some topicals that are approved for use during this time so contact your derm, eat as healthy as you can and try to refocus your attentions elsewhere.  Hopefully you have a supportive partner, family and friends.

Feeling annoyed with my skin.  My acne is definitely changing and I haven't seen any improvements yet from my naturopath or derm.  I'm still early in treatment though so not giving up yet.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#7406 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

I feel like crap! My derm bumped my Spiro from 50mg to 75mg and now I got another IB !!! My whole lower face has a lot of white heads that have turned into cysts! Its so painful. I went to my derm this morning to get all of them injected, I felt so embarrassed to walk around with my face so swollen and bloody! So now my dermatologist has prescribed me 100mgs, im scared to even take it!!!!!!!

Edited by leelowe1, 19 December 2014 - 03:30 PM.

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#7407 KimchiiMonsturr

KimchiiMonsturr

Student CRNA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anesthesiology, Dermatology, science, tea, and reading.

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

UGHGHHHH... LOL, finals is stressing me out to the max; myriads of abstruse concepts I have to absorb in a short amount of time. My skin is feeling inflamed and warm right now. I feel like an ominous break out is bound to happen! I need to RELAX! 

I've been in the library for 5 hours now! I need some coffee... :/

Edited by KimchiiMonsturr, 16 December 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Skin care Regimen:

-Cleanser: Kojie San kojic acid soap.

-Moisturizer: Nature's Pearl Muscadine 20™ Ultra Rich Lotion

-Serum: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

-Toner: HADA LABO Shiro-jyun Clear Lotion

-Moisturizing Oil: Camellia Oil

-Creme: PUREBESS Snail School Recovery Gel Cream

-Sunscreen: Eltamd UV clear SPF 46

Supplements:

- Astaxanthin
- Muscadine grape seeds
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- Organic vitamin D3
- Matcha powder
- White tea

Diet:

-Organic foods only ( Vegetables and fruits ).
- No GMOs.
- No processed foods.
- 0.5 to 1 gallon of water.
- Lots of fish ( good source of healthy fats ).

Exercise:

-Exercise everyday for 45-60 minutes.

Stress Management:

- Reading books, listening to classical music, self-reflect.

“One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
     -Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr

私は決してあきらめないだろう。

#7408 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

2015 is going to be another horrible year with bad skin.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#7409 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

Skin wise, my weekend is off to a crappy start.  Differin is definitely purging me something awful, especially around my hairline (where i rarely break out) and around my mouth/chin.  I am seriously bummed.  On top of that, the acne is red and itches on and off.  I'm not even up to using it every night and I don't know if i'll get to that point.  I also added Evening Prim Rose and a Probiotic to my list of supplements so who knows how that will effect the mix.  My skin is just so bloody awfuleusa_wall.gif.  Aczone seems to help with some bumps but not most so I don't know.  I know it's still really early in treatment and that I need to be patient but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with, especially with the holidays around the corner.

God is holding me up though, i know that for a FACT!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#7410 paigers

paigers

- - - - - - - - -

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Today, 01:10 AM

Haven't posted here in a long time. Last I posted I was taking antibiotics my doc prescribed. 3 weeks into medication and I broke out in terrible, painful hives all over my body. Had to stop taking them. About two weeks ago I had another really bad breakout, big cystic zits all over my cheeks and chin. Mostly cleared up now, but the scars they're leaving behind are destroying me.. I don't even mess with my acne. I let it run its course, yet every time a pimple goes away it leaves behind a giant dark red mark. Ugh. My whole face looks like it's broken out despite being relatively clear due to these things...

Upped my water intake, changed toothpastes, avoiding dairy like the plague, bought the entire Regimen kit instead of just the face wash (it arrives tomorrow, hoping this clears my face up for good) and started using some korean bee venom + snail slime extract for scarring. I'm so pissed that my acne has begun appearing on my cheeks now instead of just my chin. Eh. Hoping I have a clear face for the road trip my boyfriend and I are taking Monday to see my parents. Until then, I'm going to avoid any natural light and weep quietly in the corner. ;____;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users