How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7370 replies to this topic

#7361 marbleartist

marbleartist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

The regimen is actually getting rid of all of my acne... So I am happy about that. 

As for everything else, things could be better. I am tackling things one at a time. I am trying to, at least. 

Everyone here should read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values and The Alchemist. It will pick you up a bit. 

#7362 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

I feel like I'm running out of steam. Even taking my dog for a walk requires a lot of mental prepping. I'm supposed to go shopping with friends tomorrow but im thinking of excuses to get out of it. Also considering not going home for thanksgiving. I was doing so well for a while, taking it day by day, but I'm done. I want off this ride already.

All I can do is dust myself off and keep moving forward I guess. But I just wish it wasn't consuming so much of my life.

I can relate to this so much. Trying to get through everyday as if you feel/look like everyone else.  It can get frustrating and overwhelming at times but i'm here to tell you to keep on keeping on.  Life is way too short for us to give up and give in to our skin issues and that is coming from someone who is CURRENTLY dealing with acne.  Definitely go be with the fam on Thanksgiving because they love and accept you with or without acne.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#7363 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

Had to go get some photos taken today for a license I'm applying for. The photos upset me so much that I had to come home straight away. Red marks that I didn't even realise existed managed to show up, so I am feeling terrible. I just want to curl up and go to sleep to escape it all. Can't believe that my day can be ruined so quickly.

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

View my blog here

#7364 hamdinger

hamdinger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

^ This reminds me of when I had to get passport photos taken and the computer's automatic red eye reduction feature turned some of my red marks and zits into black spots. The lady felt bad and tried a few times, but I just ended up with a passport photo with black speckles on my face -_-

#7365 Novelist

Novelist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Self-publishing, FanFic, Drawing and Painting, Tea, Vegetarian/Pescatarian Cuisine, Cooking, Over-using the phrase "And whatnot."

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hey, everybody. I thought this would be a good thread in which to introduce myself. :)

Well, my latest inflammation is slowly dying down, the pigmentation is starting to fade due to liberal applications of petroleum jelly, and today I'm feeling pretty good about my face. To be honest, I wish I felt so good about other "flaws" as I'm feeling about my acne right now. Although, on the other hand . . .

It is frustrating. At 27, having started breaking out at age 10, I'm feeling a bit like Danny Glover in Lethan Weapon--I'm too old for this sh**! In addition, I find the timing of my flareups rather frustrating. Aren't women supposed to be more attractive while ovulating? It's like my face somehow can't handle all the sexy I'm feeling and just explodes. Oh, well.

I have to say, though, these forums usually cheer me up when I'm feeling like an outcast due to my skin. That's mainly why I decided to finally create an account instead of lurking forever. It's nice to be in the company of (mostly) supportive folks who share a common bane, haha.

Lots of good wishes to you all.

#7366 marbleartist

marbleartist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

The regimen is doing absolute wonders, but I am keeping up other healthy habits as well.

#7367 Mandarine

Mandarine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

I have to say, though, these forums usually cheer me up when I'm feeling like an outcast due to my skin. That's mainly why I finally decide to create an account instead of lurking forever. It's nice to be in the company of (mostly) supportive folks who share a common bane, haha.

That's also why I'm here!

Aren't women supposed to be more attractive while ovulating?

My whole body doesn't want me to be more attractive, it's like all my spots were saying to a common voice, all together: "NO, we disagree" haha.

#7368 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

This week has started out crazy.  I got into a car accident on Monday and my car got broken into on Tuesday.  Mentally, i am exhausted.  My acne is flaring....again and nothing is improving.  I am not depressed or upset by any of these things but a small part of me is annoyed.  A break from everything would be appreciated.  God is good though because while i'm waiting, life otherwise has been great

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#7369 paigers

paigers

- - - - - - - - -

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

omg, I'm starting to actually see results. been on antibiotics for about two weeks now. i've been getting less breakouts than normal, and currently only have one cystic zit on my jaw. my cheeks are completely clear, the whole left and middle of my chin and jaw are clear. just three little pimples + a large cystic one on my right side jaw and chin. I actually can barely believe it. i'm ovulating this week, too, and I usually get HUGE breakouts during this time. 

i'm so happy that i'm seeing results. i have A LOT of scarring to take care of, though. but omg! i actually feel pretty good about my skin today. so strange!

#7370 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

My face hasn't had acne apart from the odd spot for ages but my right cheek is a mess at the moment :(

I'm not sure if it's something in the air as a few people in work seem to have broken out that never have acne!

#7371 Rorschach

Rorschach

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 01:12 AM

My acne is terrible right now. I mean, not my cystic teenage-self bad, but worse than it's been in years. I'm 27, why won't it go away. So frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users