How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7329 replies to this topic

#7321 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

@TemperateCent ; Everytime i read a topic on the emotional and psychological effects of acne, there you are being mean and disrespectful to other people. The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

I didn't realize people have medical problems because of how they behave on the Internet. I guess if I'm nicer to people my acne will magically go away! You should post about this finding on the holistic message board on here.

<p>My friend sent a text and it said &quot;acne&quot; instead of &quot;can&quot; in a sentence. He then sent another text saying &quot;stupid auto correct.&quot;&nbsp;</p>
<p>Even though I know for a fact that it was auto correct, it didn't stop me from obsessing for about an hour of whether or not he was making fun of my acne. Two decades of having people blatantly make fun of and insult me because of my acne has made me so paranoid that I now think some people are making fun of me when they're not.</p>

Get over it.

If she really has a paranoid personality disorder, then it is absolutely useless to say stuff like that. You don't get over some personality disorders. They are part of who you are.

At least you were civil about this and didn't insult me. I don't like when people are mean to me online.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#7322 paigers

paigers

- - - - - - - - -

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

not so good, having a really bad breakout right now. started just on my chin and now it's spreading onto my cheek. really stressed about it and i think it's causing more breakouts :C

#7323 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Life goes on with acne or not.  My last resort was a dud and I am back to square one.  By the grace of God though I am making the most of each day and actually enjoying my life.  All this in spite of cystic acne.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#7324 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

i saw this girl today in the train, she had no makeup on and she had very bad scarring. worse than mine. really make me feel sad.

#7325 paigers

paigers

- - - - - - - - -

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

my skin is the worst it's ever been at the moment, and I"m not just saying that. I've never really had a breakout on my cheeks, but as of yesterday i have three big cyst-y ones, and about 8 more on my chin and jaw. and they're all huge and pulsing, i think the pain is actually giving me mild headaches. it's really bumming me out, never thought my skin could get any worse and it's managed to prove me wrong. eughhh. 

#7326 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

Skin is definitely getting worse lately. I've been using less BP though so that's definitely contributing to it. I'm wanting to stop BP because I'm paranoid about it making my skin more sensitive to the sun and causing sun damage. I'm already careful with the sun because of already being pale.... It sucks that most of the topical options out there (as far as I know) make your skin more photosensitive. 

I had been emotionally managing my skin well lately - my skin hasn't been great but it wasn't getting to me. Today is the first day in a while where it is getting to me a bit and I just feel ugly. I'd love to stay home and not let anyone see me / have to face anyone but I've got things to do so I'll have to just deal with it. 

Hope you're all doing well comfort.gif

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#7327 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Skin is definitely getting worse lately. I've been using less BP though so that's definitely contributing to it. I'm wanting to stop BP because I'm paranoid about it making my skin more sensitive to the sun and causing sun damage. I'm already careful with the sun because of already being pale.... It sucks that most of the topical options out there (as far as I know) make your skin more photosensitive. 

I had been emotionally managing my skin well lately - my skin hasn't been great but it wasn't getting to me. Today is the first day in a while where it is getting to me a bit and I just feel ugly. I'd love to stay home and not let anyone see me / have to face anyone but I've got things to do so I'll have to just deal with it. 

Hope you're all doing well 

Hey Lilly,

Don't lose your positivity! Just try to avoid mirrors and keep busy when you are feeling low about yourself. Being productive is usually the best antidote. That or watching great movies at home to take your mind off things :)

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#7328 marbleartist

marbleartist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

The state of my acne became much worse a few days ago, despite my healthy eating habits and strenuous exercise routines. And so I have just been washing up every morning and night while consuming several ClearZine pills, designed to eradicate the acne from the inside out. 

The ClearZIne pills were actually doing wonders for my skin two weeks ago. It almost cleared everything up. However, I ran out and had to wait another week for the next shipment to come in, and by the time they came in my acne flared up again. 

Fastforward a few days, today, it has gotten a little better, but I am not overall happy with the product and the general state of affairs. Luckily, I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week and so I have something to look forward to. 

Sometimes my feelings about my acne become so negative and hate-filled I cannot take it, and extreme thoughts of self-violence aren't far from my mind...

But this is fine. It is all transitory, right? 

#7329 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

Well it looks like after months of no acne worries Im gradually starting to break out around my menstral cycle again so my derm bumped up my Spiro from 50mg to 75mg so I'm really hoping I don't get another IB :( I'll be staring the 75mg tomorrow.

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#7330 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted Yesterday, 04:25 AM

October's one of the worst months for me skin, and now that it's getting colder, dryness kicks in as well! What i've noticed (which havent before), it's like acne epidemy here in Stockholm. I see many people (mostly girls and women) with really bad acne everyday. Most people have some flaws, or scars, or breakouts. I wonder what is happening with people's lifestyles, eating and sleeping habbits, seems like everyone is so into their smartphones (including me), stressed, busy, eating a lot of shitty foods... Never have i realized so many have acne in this city...

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day