How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7272 replies to this topic

#7261 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

Feeling resigned to living with this disease for a long time

#7262 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

not understanding why this cyst or nodule is still there. 1 week now!

#7263 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

woke up nd just started to cry even before looked into mirror.

another shit day of shit life with shit face...

nd yesterday had somekinda dream n i was ugly with weird breakouts n other shit on my face even there. there is no rest nywhere nd when we will die i dnt believe it will happen either. they just wont let me in heaven with such face.

eternal suffering.

#7264 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

I want to cry today.
I woke up with a large whitehead and it popped on it's own, which happens to me sometimes with facial movements/whatever, and now I have a hole and I'm just -- ugh. I've been breaking out off and on lately which I think is from the heat - my creams are always melting off. It's just one of those days when you remember you'll probably have acne for the rest of your life -those days always bum me out.

#7265 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:video games, reading, the paranormal, computers, animals/pets, fairies/unicorns, hiking, nature, perfume, aromatherapy, Final Fantasy series, Zelda, Linux, herbal tea, stuffed animals, ethnic cuisine, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, Myers Briggs Personality Tests (I'm an INFP!), religion, spirituality, conspiracy theories (no, I don't believe most of them, I just like researching them), long walks on the beach at night, nightime in general, Jean Auel's books, world travel (though I haven't been able to yet!), Showtime's Dexter, alone time, gemstones/geology, caving, dog parks, trance/electronica, museums & historical centers, and the list goes on.
    Feel free to add me if you want to! I need friends who understand what I'm going through with my acne :(

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

You know what's embarrassing? Seeing bleach stains from Benzoyl peroxide on your significant other's black dress shirt that you know was caused by you laying your head on their chest while cuddling. Eek. He didn't say anything about it, but I'm pretty sure that he must know that it was caused by me.

Breaking out a lot lately! Mostly across my jaw but some on my cheeks too :/ It's annoying but it's slowly getting better again. Still dealing with loads of red marks too. Overall my skin is probably the worst it's been in a while. But still loads better than pre-regimen. I've been super lazy with the regimen lately and also tried to reduce the amount of BP I use but obviously my skin doesn't like that. So that, combined with a bit of stress and a few other things going on are probably all creating this breakout.
I'm making an appointment to see a derm soon, really just to see what he says and find out what other things I can try. The regimen has been great for me but it's time consuming - and it's hard for me to maintain good results on it when I don't have the time to apply BP in the mornings. It keeps my skin under control, but doesn't keep my skin clear by only using it once a day. I'm also only using about 1 to 1 1/2 pumps at the moment. If I use 2 pumps that obviously gives me better results.

I've been carpooling with some girls from my uni to our 'work experience' / placement, and the other day on our drive, somehow the topic of skin / acne came up. My first reaction was to freeze - I don't talk about this stuff with people face-to-face. But it ended up being a great little conversation - we all swapped stories about how shitty acne can be and all the treatments we've tried, what helped, what didn't etc. A couple had taken accutane in the past. And I would never have guessed their skin bothered them now. Their  skin looks 'normal' to me. Yeah, they'll have a little breakout now and then but to me it looks minor / mild and I've never thought anything of it. I had one of them comment the same to me - that they don't notice my skin (I find that hard to accept / believe but it was nice to hear). Anyway, it was nice to just openly chat about it a bit and have some people "in-real-life" who just get it. It actually made me feel a bit more self-confident, and weirdly, like I wasn't 'hiding a secret' or something like that...

Guys my activity around here has dropped off significantly in the past year (mostly due to being really busy) but I'm going to try to get back to a point where I check in at least once every few days. This forum helped me a lot  during some rough times and I know how low the constant acne struggle can make someone feel.

A little update on me: I'm still on the Regimen. I use it only during the night and it's been the most effective treatment I have EVER used for my acne aside from a few semi-successful antibiotic treatments from the derm years ago. The Regimen is not a cure...but it definitely helps keep my acne under control and to the point where it's manageable. As I type this I have a pretty big spot on the upper side of my nose (a spot where the BP never goes) and a few small spots along my chin and upper lip. My chin has always been kind of a "hot spot" for me in terms of acne so even on the Regimen I get a fair amount of acne there.

I've had no major side effects to speak of from the Regimen (aside from the occasional itchy area of skin if I use too much BP on a certain section of skin) and I'm interested to hear if some of the people I used to talk to on here are still using the Regimen? How effective has it been for you guys? Any updates?

But yeah, my thoughts are with anyone who is struggling right now...I've been there and I know how hard it is.

Hey Randall - good to see you around again

That's great the regimen seems to still be working well for you. I agree that it's been one of the most effective treatments I've tried for my acne and I'd recommended it to people. I am still using it, albeit lazily, as I mentioned above. When I'm it more religiously and using the full 2 pumps once a day, then my skin is a lot more under control.

Do you see yourself sticking with it for the time being? 

Im feeling suicidal. Before taking doxy i had mild acne, 4 active spots or so. 4 pills after, i have around 12, including cyst is both my cheeks, where i havent had a pimple in my whole life, and those red marks are going to stay there for at least 2 months.

Im going to stop taking it, but im so afraid about quitting doxy in the middle of the initial breakout, i feel like my skin is gonna go crazy or something.

I had already told my parents that ill be probably skipping college this year, and they understood, so imagine how bad my skin is looking right now. My only chance is stop taking doxy and hope that this breakout calms down in around 2 weeks, but my skin is gonna look worse anyway just because of the red marks.

I still cant believe im going to lose one year of my life staying at my parents house because of acne

Sorry to hear that 
How are you doing now? Hope you're feeling better and the breakout is starting to improve. Did you end up stopping doxy?

I know the feeling of wanting to skip out on college / hide away because of your skin. But I also feel like you can't put your life on hold because of acne. I know I let myself miss out on things in the past because I let my skin 'control me' like that, but I really try not to do that now. It's easier said than done, but it's worth it.  And remember you are more than your skin!  

I'm so depressed. The Regimen was working amazingly for me. I went several months zit free (a miracle!), but then I had to make a lifestyle change that made it all go to shit. For financial reasons, I had to go from living in an apartment alone to renting a room in someone's house. There's like 8 people and only 1 bathroom. I try to cut corners while doing the Regimen because I can hear people complaining that I'm taking too long in the bathroom. I stopped letting my face dry between steps, etc... Some nights I can't even do the Regimen because I can't get more than a minute or so in the bathroom without people banging on the door to go pee. Now my face had gone to shit again. Huge zits. I can't really afford to get an apartment right to have my own bathroom. I don't know what to do. So deppressed. I finally found a cure after 2 decades of acne, and I can't figure out how to fit it into my life anymore.

Sorry to hear about this too
I also struggle with getting the regimen to fit in with my life - I just don't have the time in the mornings to go through it all. And when I have had the time, I can't manage to get makeup to work over the top of it. And I feel like I need foundation too much to just not wear it...
Do you have your own room where you're staying? Could you get a mirror for there and apply the BP and moisturiser there, out of the bathroom? Even if it's a shared bedroom, you could just apply it there anyway. Who cares what they think? :P If anyone asks, just tell them you like having time to 'pamper your skin' or you like sticking to a skin routine and this happens to be yours and that it's not big deal. And really it isn't, all you're doing it applying some creams :) I find that if you say something confidently to someone, then that's how they feel about it too, if that makes sense. Anyway, hope you figure out a way to fit the regimen back in to your day, seeing as you said it worked so well for you :)

Hang in there everyone - You're definitely not alone in what you're going through or in how you're feeling. comfort.gif

Thank you for your feedback. I'm going to try your idea of applying the benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer in my room. I won't be able to wash my hands between steps, but this will be better than not doing the Regimen at all. :)

#7266 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

omg i just need to rehab center.............

Edited by AcneWonderland, 16 September 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#7267 greenboi

greenboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

huge breakout in forehead, about 7 pimples, two of them very painful.

One cyst in the chin, feels like burning all the time and it hurts badly when i open my mouth.

I cant believe that about 3 months i had clear skin, didnt even care about washing my face. Now my face looks disgusting and i cant look people in the eyes. Im fucking 20 years old and never had acne during my teen years, why now??!!!

Im thinkin about going back to college next week just so i have not to bear with my parents telling me to go outside and keep my head up and all that shit.

I forgot to vent about red marks. fuck them too. On the bright side im thinking about getting a tattoo of Taz from the Looney tunes. It would be nice to have something else on the skin apart from pimples.

#7268 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

On September 1st I moved to a new house. The water pressure in the shower is much stronger. I've been running it directly on my face for a couple minutes, once a day. I don't use any cleanser, haven't for years (any time I do I break out immediately). I've also started patting my face dry, instead of letting it air dry. The result? My skin is extremely dry and flakey, it looks pretty rough and a little bumpy. But! No breakouts. And I had just recently convinced myself that dry skin leads to damaged skin, more oil production, and more acne. But my skin stays tight and dry for 24+ hours. At this point I don't know what to do though... I don't want it to look rough and bumpy, but I don't want to go back to oiliness and whiteheads either. Hmmmmm

On the bright side im thinking about getting a tattoo of Taz from the Looney tunes. It would be nice to have something else on the skin apart from pimples.

This is extremely freaky. I've been thinking of getting my first tattoo as well, of Kurt Vonnegut's self-portrait/autograph. I never ever think about Taz or the Looney Tunes. But last night I had a dream that I accidentally got a tattoo of Taz instead of Vonnegut. I forgot all about it until I read your post. What the hell....

Edited by Exister, 16 September 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#7269 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

defeated.  Not sure of its worth it to fight anymore

#7270 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

im just so motherfuckng wasted, ruined nd absolutely used up from this fucking disease and disfigurations none hv slightest idea tht i dnt belive i will ever get a decent life even if i somehow finally will manage to fix all of my shit bcs im literally worn out n just fucking uuuused up! damage tht has been done is just too great, sucks to b me way too much. all i ever will be is scraps nd leftovers from this disease thruthfully nd i dnt need such crap. 

i so ever wished i could experiment with looks n do somekinda creative things, im kind of a artist a bit bt uknow all of my inspiration is dead for life after torture ive been tru nd all i ever will experiment with is gonna b this gayass fagne nd trials of somekinda pills to improve regularity of ur bowls so ur stupid arse can go nd nt send those signals or wtv to ur face or some lameass shit like tht

i dunno how much longer nymore

#7271 1017christian

1017christian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

It's still horrible and I still get stared at I'm still scared of mirrors cameras and any reflective surface

#7272 MyLifeIsPain

MyLifeIsPain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

Probably the worst in a month or so. Horrible breakout.

#7273 greenboi

greenboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

This is extremely freaky. I've been thinking of getting my first tattoo as well, of Kurt Vonnegut's self-portrait/autograph. I never ever think about Taz or the Looney Tunes. But last night I had a dream that I accidentally got a tattoo of Taz instead of Vonnegut. I forgot all about it until I read your post. What the hell....

Nice to hear that the tattoo im getting is other's people nightmare tattoo hahahah.

My face is making me stay at home all fucking day, red marks look like actual acne, and tonight i got 3 little whiteheads. Im thinking about asking for that accutane, but the idea of having an initial breakout plus not being able to drink for months... 

Some months ago i was smoking all day long, eating junk food, stressed about exams yet my skin was normal. And now that im somewhat on a healthy livestyle ive got the chin and jawline covered in acne. 

When i go back to college people is going to think that i spent the whole summer rubbing shit in my face. Only plausible explanation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users