How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7216 replies to this topic

#7201 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I feel ok - My acne is the worst it has ever been and I don't know what else to try.  It's not worth it to me anymore.

#7202 Turn0ver

Turn0ver

licensed esthetician 2004- acne free today!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:In 30 days, I cured my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Chinese blood toning herbs. My core routine is Proactiv Deep/KAVI coral sulfur soap, hyaluronic acid/vitamin serum when dry, clay mask/pearl powder when oily, plenty of MSM, Omega 3,6&9, and A-E&K.

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Getting better each day with my products, supplements and depression therapy...  I truly love checking in here while I'm at work. It's a much better compulsion than mirror obsessing and stressing. 

I feel ok - My acne is the worst it has ever been and I don't know what else to try.  It's not worth it to me anymore.

I hate hearing that someone is unhappy and giving up.  The cure is next to the wound.  Please keep going! I see that you have faith, don't lose that, it's more than most of us have!  Have you tried megadosing Vitamin A and D, under the supervision of an MD or nutritionist?  Homeopathic eczema pills? There are so many on the market- herbal antibiotics made a night/day difference on my skin.   Have you tried Spiranolactone from a dermatologist? It's truly miraculous for hormonal acne. 

#7203 =shiki

=shiki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

weird

like month ago i made this avatar of me in anime pic maker nd i put a patch on my nose there, with idea behind it being: my skin is bad, it hurts, i dont look good  (just to hint im somewhat fuked up nd far from perfect) 

and now im here sitting with a real patch on exactly that same place on my nose bcs large bump actually grew there...

#7204 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

breaking out on/near lip line and for me, those are the worst (anything near the mouth is bad), but they hurt so much. I don't know what I'm doing differently, maybe a little more sloppy with toothpaste... but other than that I don't know.

#7205 wallbutterfly

wallbutterfly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Forget my face, I have a spot ON my eyelid. Fair to say I am quite confused.

#7206 =shiki

=shiki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

had a mental breakdown. 
i just cant deal with this anymore. 
it feels like i cant repair the damage that has been done. nothing works.
so superdepressed just dont wanna do anything anymore, only eat and sleep. 
kinda feels like saying farewell to life.

#7207 greenboi

greenboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

The other day a friend from college came to my city, so i had to went out at night to party, got drunk and then we ate the most greasy food ever, from fried calamari baguette to octopus, french fries etc . Now my skin is paying the price. 

#7208 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hot Mess

#7209 wallbutterfly

wallbutterfly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thought my face was getting better. Maybe it was. Not anymore though! Looking dreadful. Again.

Woohoo!

#7210 Josh*

Josh*

Acne free,finally happy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm in wub.png wub.png wub.png wub.png

#7211 LookingForward

LookingForward

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

I feel accepting. I haven't been on here for a long time because with the help of birth control pills, oil cleansing, and the Regimen's BP and AHA, I have accepted that acne is something I'll always have to manage but I can manage it.

There are days where I still wish I didn't have to take chemicals to control my hormones or put chemicals on my skin to control oil and clogged pores. But I'm okay with managing it. I don't expect it to be perfect.

I'm grateful I found Dan's Regimen and that my own version of it and BCPs have cleared up my face, back, and the cysts in my scalp to the point where I feel comfortable with my body again.

Hang in there, everyone. I'm pulling for you to find what works for you. We're all different.

#7212 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Feeling very down about the state of my skin.  Can't believe the rapid deterioration in 3 months.  I can barely look myself in the mirror and worst yet is that they hurt are inflammed and there are dozens of them.  There is no light at the end of this tunnel.

#7213 Francopld

Francopld

Cool Argentinian Dude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Film maker, Video Edition

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Feeling very down about the state of my skin.  Can't believe the rapid deterioration in 3 months.  I can barely look myself in the mirror and worst yet is that they hurt are inflammed and there are dozens of them.  There is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Don't give up please,keep fighting.

There are always hope.

#7214 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Don't give up please,keep fighting.

There are always hope.

For this - there is none.  I've been trying for the pat 16 years

#7215 QuietJamie14

QuietJamie14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Completely lost and hopeless. Not a day goes by without some sort of breakdown, or fit of anger, followed by long bouts of depression. It's becoming difficult to leave the house. None of the help or advice out there seems to help.

#7216 =shiki

=shiki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 AM

morpheus_zpsc1b71ae2.jpg

#7217 treonaut77

treonaut77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Hi, I've been visiting this thread for a while now, but this is my first post. My acne problems started when I was about 14 in high school where I was easily one of the worst five acne sufferers in the whole school. It was really depressing as you all would understand and I felt really helpless. I didn't get much support from my parents and my father was convinced that I have acne because I don't wash my face properly. He was actually ashamed of me at social events which did wonders for my self-esteem. They never took me to see a dermatologist. I started off treating myself with over the counter BP and then started to use Erythromycin topical solution which helped dry out acne faster but they did nothing to prevent new ones from popping up. It was like playing whack-a-mole. (I am in a developing country where you can buy almost any medication without a prescription)

Then I moved on to college and there was no sign of improvement. My high school was all boys, but college had girls which made me more self-conscious about my acne.  

After I graduated and got a job, the problem definitely became less severe, but it never went away. I am in my 40's now and I still have acne. It any given time there are at least 3-4 small zits on my face, but I don't let them bother me anymore. What really gets me is that once every month or so, I get a real whopper. A bit fat cystic zit on my cheek that takes weeks to heal and months for the hyperpigmentation to fade. I frequently have to talk in front of a group of people at work in a nicely lit boardroom and these zits makes me feel horrible. I've been struggling with this for more than 25 years now. I'm tired.

I've never tried Accutane or oral antibiotics and I don't want to. But over the years, here are some things I have figured out about my acne:

1) Taking multivitamins everyday with extra zinc helps a LOT!!!
2) Heat and humidity makes it worse (more sweat?)
3) Eating a healthy diet helps a little
4) Any kind of face cream or moisturizer makes it worse 
5) Stress levels seem to have little or no effect
6) I almost never get a new zit overnight. They always appear during the day.

The internet is a great resource. I wish I had this when I was a teenager. My best wishes to all. I will continue to visit this thread and will try to post regularly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users