How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7127 replies to this topic

#7121 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Struggling with my skin lately. It's been about a month - maybe a bit more than that - of not really using BP. I did start to use a new treatment system with glycolic acid and salicylic acid actives in it recently. I thought it would work well because once I added a product that had AHA and BHA to the acne.org regimen, that's when I saw the best results with the regimen.

I've only used this new system for about a week, so I know it's early to quit something, but I'm breaking out like crazy and feel like I need to go back to something that I know will help (BP). I've got loads of tiny whiteheads everywhere (couldn't even try to count them) and clogged pores. Really gross and my skin texture is a mess. Only 2 larger spots though.

I've just wanted to stay in bed these past few days and I'm dreading going back to uni with skin like this. I've had a rough month or so with other things on my mind regarding my health and the health of other family members too, so dealing with my skin getting worse on top of all that has honestly been really hard to manage / cope with. 

I'm going to start with the regimen again at night but use this glycolic/SA stuff in the mornings (because it's quicker than the regimen and I can still wear makeup over the top). And at least I know BP works for my skin so hopefully I start seeing improvements soon. 

Keep your head up Lily.  Quitting BP has been a nightmare for me too and have been off it for almost 3 months.  I go to my derm tomorrow as she wants me to try  a salycic acid based system since BP and pretty much all retinoids aggravate my BP induced eczema.

Keep us posted and good luck!

#7122 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Struggling with my skin lately. It's been about a month - maybe a bit more than that - of not really using BP. I did start to use a new treatment system with glycolic acid and salicylic acid actives in it recently. I thought it would work well because once I added a product that had AHA and BHA to the acne.org regimen, that's when I saw the best results with the regimen.

I've only used this new system for about a week, so I know it's early to quit something, but I'm breaking out like crazy and feel like I need to go back to something that I know will help (BP). I've got loads of tiny whiteheads everywhere (couldn't even try to count them) and clogged pores. Really gross and my skin texture is a mess. Only 2 larger spots though.

I've just wanted to stay in bed these past few days and I'm dreading going back to uni with skin like this. I've had a rough month or so with other things on my mind regarding my health and the health of other family members too, so dealing with my skin getting worse on top of all that has honestly been really hard to manage / cope with. 

I'm going to start with the regimen again at night but use this glycolic/SA stuff in the mornings (because it's quicker than the regimen and I can still wear makeup over the top). And at least I know BP works for my skin so hopefully I start seeing improvements soon. 

Keep your head up Lily.  Quitting BP has been a nightmare for me too and have been off it for almost 3 months.  I go to my derm tomorrow as she wants me to try  a salycic acid based system since BP and pretty much all retinoids aggravate my BP induced eczema.

Keep us posted and good luck!

I've been through quitting BP before and it was just as bad to go through then. I don't think I can manage it right now with uni starting up again so that's why I'll go back on it for the time being. 

Hope the SA system works well for you and you're seeing improvements with your skin soon! 

#7123 Josh*

Josh*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm feeling glad my hair is grown out and I can hide the upper portion of my forehead for a few days..

#7124 wallbutterfly

wallbutterfly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Terrible. I am currently quite upset. I went out today and caught a glimpse of myself at one point and i just instantly felt my heart drop. The acne is now everywhere in my t-zone. My forehead has even spread up to my hairline. I just look so ugly.

I got home and took a shower, and took a look at my face and I just feel so hopeless now.

I have 4 days until I have to do something which is important to me and I now know for sure that my skin is either going to get worse, or stay the same, and I really don't know how to deal with this. I just want it to clear up, even just a bit.

As well as that, the zyneryt is making my skin so dry that I felt it was necessary to moisturise, even though that never helps my skin acne wise, and the moisturiser didn't work, so worse ance for nothing.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I just wanted to share my suffering slightly.

#7125 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 03:15 AM

breaking out a tiny bit, I think because my period next week and have been a bit lazy with the regimen.
I was doing quite well and kind of forgot about breakouts and now it's like 'ohyeah, right'

#7126 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Today, 04:06 AM

Still not feeling great about my skin - no improvements yet but at least it isn't too much worse. The texture is just horrible though - I hate having my entire forehead covered in all these bumps (plus the rest of my face having breakouts too). Having to feel it when cleansing / applying creams etc is upsetting too... I'd forgotten that things like that get to me when breaking out this much. I'd had enough time with better skin on the regimen to actually forget that...

But despite not feeling great, I still went out the other night to a comedy show with my brother (glad I went - it was a great night out and I needed a good laugh). And I've been out shopping for things I need for uni. -included clothes shopping - which I never find fun when my skin is breaking out. The last thing I want to do is be in front of a mirror. I've also been putting off getting my hair cut (which it really needs) because of the mirror thing too - but maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

#7127 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted Today, 07:14 AM

Still not feeling great about my skin - no improvements yet but at least it isn't too much worse. The texture is just horrible though - I hate having my entire forehead covered in all these bumps (plus the rest of my face having breakouts too). Having to feel it when cleansing / applying creams etc is upsetting too... I'd forgotten that things like that get to me when breaking out this much. I'd had enough time with better skin on the regimen to actually forget that...

But despite not feeling great, I still went out the other night to a comedy show with my brother (glad I went - it was a great night out and I needed a good laugh). And I've been out shopping for things I need for uni. -included clothes shopping - which I never find fun when my skin is breaking out. The last thing I want to do is be in front of a mirror. I've also been putting off getting my hair cut (which it really needs) because of the mirror thing too - but maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Lilly, its great that you're still getting out and living, you deserve it!  As you continue to use BP, your skin should begin to heal and not be so broken out.

Good Luck!

#7128 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Today, 03:45 PM

Adding an extra moisturizer to my routine seems to be working. I'm feeling hopeful.

Also had a fun day at the beach, I'm just hoping that the sunscreen did its job. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users