How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7117 replies to this topic

#7101 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Feeling annoyed!!!!!!!!!  But my day must go on.  Speaking life into a negative set of circumstances.

#7102 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Feeling annoyed!!!!!!!!!  But my day must go on.  Speaking life into a negative set of circumstances.

Stay positive! Your positivity is motivating to others including myself. :)

#7103 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Stay positive! Your positivity is motivating to others including myself. smile.png

Thanks hun!  Looking back at photos before my last accutane course (2012), I notice that I have identical mouth/chin acne that I had then.    Pretty depressing thought.

#7104 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

I just saw myself in the most unflattering lighting ever. It was a punch in the face. I asked my mother if my closed comedones stood out more in the sun, she said 'not really', but what cheered my up again was my brother saying that they aren't very noticeable (basically it's very uncommon for my brother and me to tell something positive about each other, so I know that it was true this time). Later today I went running and after a shower I inspected my face in the mirror and everything looked nice again and clogged pores seemed a lot better. Strange how much lighting can do right?

#7105 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

Like Crap

#7106 kool2k00

kool2k00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Not so great cry.gif

Yesterday I caught a glance of myself in a mirror before lunch with coworkers. Really brought me down.

Started the day talking to a coworker about being on Accutane - she was so kind, but it still left me feeling raw. 

That afternoon I was introduced to people, then yelled at. Both seemed so much worse because of my skin.

I feel like my acne has gotten so bad. It's nothing I can hide with makeup anymore. It's obvious, and distracting. I'm only just now facing it, really facing it. In the past few months my skin has really gone downhill, and it's been hard adjusting my self-image accordingly. I just want to hide!

#7107 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

Feeling good. Partied with friends, at one point my friend showed interest in the girl dancing next to us. He didn't really have the confidence to talk to her, so i helped a bit by talking to her first. Eventually she gave her number to my friend but then she also gave it to me and ended up talking to me for a while. The flashing lights were terrible, even some flaws showed up on my perfect-skinned friends, so i couldn't even imagine my own face.However i was happy the entire night and acted confident and it must've shown. Just the fact that some pretty girl took some spontaneous interest in my life made me feel a lot better. Pathetic? Yes. But still a huge win for me in my mental struggle with skin issues.

Edited by scco, 18 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#7108 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

My face is simply horrid.  This is how it started to look before I got on accutane in October 2012.  I am so ashamed and disgusted with my skin and I am embarrased.   I can no longer deny that things are worsening.  My anxiety over this has gone up and I just want to hide away.  I give such awesome advice and yet I still suffer.  My 31 st birthday is on Tuesday and this will make the 4th year with acne.    At an all time low

#7109 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

@leelowe1 :( Don't let it isolate you. Things will get better! You have my support.

For me these last days of partying, hot sweaty weather, low sleep, less water, more alcohol, and sun (even with sunscreen) have taken their toll on my skin. Existing blemishes are more noticeable and some new ones popped up. It's a shame that I need to 'pay the price' for a couple of fun days, but I comfort myself with the thought that the blemishes will fade but that the memories will remain :) The bad thing is that there are more parties soon and more hot weather, I need to give my skin some rest but I won't let my skin stop me from going outside.

I need to see a dermatologist on August 12th for the peeling, if the peeling doesn't remove all the blemishes I'm also going to ask for Retin-A, I will probably break out again because of it, but I refuse to accept my current skin state.

Edited by scco, 20 July 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#7110 Sydboi

Sydboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, dance, reading, curing scars (internal and external).
    Also looking for fellow sufferers in Australia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

My face is simply horrid.  This is how it started to look before I got on accutane in October 2012.  I am so ashamed and disgusted with my skin and I am embarrased.   I can no longer deny that things are worsening.  My anxiety over this has gone up and I just want to hide away.  I give such awesome advice and yet I still suffer.  My 31 st birthday is on Tuesday and this will make the 4th year with acne.    At an all time low

I'm not going to say chin up, because I know that at such times these platitudes are not exactly helpful. I am going to say the following:

1) what do you think is causing the increase in your breakouts?
2) what about your face/body/self do you like? What is your standout quality? Instead of thinking another year and another birthday with acne, celebrate another year of YOU as a whole, focusing on that stand out quality/ies. I wish I had had the strength to do this three weeks agin on my Birthday. The regret is just as worse when you let it ruin that day. That one day is for YOU and all of YOU.
3) you do give awesome advice, and inspire others. That is another stand out quality.

And finally, if you need to take time to cry and hide away, give yourself some time to do so. When it becomes your only avenue though, that is when you need to focus on the other stuff that makes you unique ( and ironically, I finish this with another cliche and platitude lol-they are inevitable sometimes I guess, especially here...the virtual equivalent of a physical hug).

Relating to your all time low- being only a relatively new member here, I have had to stop signing in for a few days, because this site did make me feel worse. When I head over to the scar thread, or acne thread, and see people posting about their skin troubles-whilst all valid and relative to the individual- it made me feel worse because they complain, but their skin is better than mine. The I remember my skin is probably better than some others, so.....

The only thing is, I now am actively avoiding threads or topics that have pics of people with scars because when I click on there, and their skin looks healthier than mine, then I feel worse. Sigh. I'm a bitter person.

Anyway I'm not used to venting my stuff, especially on a public forum, so this is new to me.

#7111 brainfreze27

brainfreze27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 AM

Some days I feel good and other days I feel awful. Lately I've been feeling bad because my acne seems to be kicking up again and school will be starting soon. I guess the reason I've really been feeling down is because there's this girl that I really really like and we are good friends and stuff but whenever I am around her I feel awful because of my acne she says it doesn't bother her but I know my chances with her would be a lot better if I had clear skin. Some days my acne isn't that bad others days it's bad

#7112 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 AM

I'm not going to say chin up, because I know that at such times these platitudes are not exactly helpful. I am going to say the following:

1) what do you think is causing the increase in your breakouts?
2) what about your face/body/self do you like? What is your standout quality? Instead of thinking another year and another birthday with acne, celebrate another year of YOU as a whole, focusing on that stand out quality/ies. I wish I had had the strength to do this three weeks agin on my Birthday. The regret is just as worse when you let it ruin that day. That one day is for YOU and all of YOU.
3) you do give awesome advice, and inspire others. That is another stand out quality.

And finally, if you need to take time to cry and hide away, give yourself some time to do so. When it becomes your only avenue though, that is when you need to focus on the other stuff that makes you unique ( and ironically, I finish this with another cliche and platitude lol-they are inevitable sometimes I guess, especially here...the virtual equivalent of a physical hug).

Relating to your all time low- being only a relatively new member here, I have had to stop signing in for a few days, because this site did make me feel worse. When I head over to the scar thread, or acne thread, and see people posting about their skin troubles-whilst all valid and relative to the individual- it made me feel worse because they complain, but their skin is better than mine. The I remember my skin is probably better than some others, so.....

The only thing is, I now am actively avoiding threads or topics that have pics of people with scars because when I click on there, and their skin looks healthier than mine, then I feel worse. Sigh. I'm a bitter person.

Anyway I'm not used to venting my stuff, especially on a public forum, so this is new to me.

Thanks so much for the uplifting words!  I have many standout things about me that have nothing to do with looks.  It's just that this is frustrating.  I quit BP cold turkey in May so the increase in breakouts is probably the famous rebound effect period but this never seems to end.  I still have acne on my face from 2 weeks ago and i continue to get 2-3 inflamed bumps daily so do the math.

I've exhausted most dermatological options so.....

Good Luck with your skin and finding something that works for you.  It's a struggle but most people can eventually find something that works for them. 

#7113 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 AM

Some days I feel good and other days I feel awful. Lately I've been feeling bad because my acne seems to be kicking up again and school will be starting soon. I guess the reason I've really been feeling down is because there's this girl that I really really like and we are good friends and stuff but whenever I am around her I feel awful because of my acne she says it doesn't bother her but I know my chances with her would be a lot better if I had clear skin. Some days my acne isn't that bad others days it's bad

I'm in the same situation, however I've noticed that some people just really don't care. Go for it man! I have the exact same feeling that my chances would be better with clear skin, but see it as a test: if skin is the only thing standing between you and her she might not be the right girl for you.

I'm doing OK I guess, some of my clogged pores are surfacing into tiny pimples and I'm kinda happy about it. These clogged pores have been there for more than a month but once they turn into a pimple I can get rid of them in 2 days with my trusted effaclar duo. I'm just hoping that they don't all decide to surface at once!

But I'm feeling confident. If you've read my previous post from july 19th in this topic:that girl keeps texting me all the time, I'm not interested because I'm in love with someone else, but it feels good knowing that some people see more than just a skin. I sent her a snapchat with my acne clearly visible and the caption "acne sucks!", she responded "who cares, you're awesome". That made my day.

These last days have been terrible for my skin, but I'd instantly do it all over again. :)

#7114 brainfreze27

brainfreze27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 01:36 PM

I'm in the same situation, however I've noticed that some people just really don't care. Go for it man! I have the exact same feeling that my chances would be better with clear skin, but see it as a test: if skin is the only thing standing between you and her she might not be the right girl for you.

I'm doing OK I guess, some of my clogged pores are surfacing into tiny pimples and I'm kinda happy about it. These clogged pores have been there for more than a month but once they turn into a pimple I can get rid of them in 2 days with my trusted effaclar duo. I'm just hoping that they don't all decide to surface at once!
But I'm feeling confident. If you've read my previous post from july 19th in this topic:that girl keeps texting me all the time, I'm not interested because I'm in love with someone else, but it feels good knowing that some people see more than just a skin. I sent her a snapchat with my acne clearly visible and the caption "acne sucks!", she responded "who cares, you're awesome". That made my day.
These last days have been terrible for my skin, but I'd instantly do it all over again. :)
You know man you're right like I've said she said it does not bother her so when school starts ill definitely start trying to get with her again :)

#7115 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lord of the rings, anime and manga, guinea pigs, God, Rachel's Challenge and finding a cure for acne

Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

Yesterday I went to the zoo with some close friends and their kids (one of them being my godchild). It was a very hot day, temperatures being about 33° Celsius. So I was unsure about wearing foundation. When it's that hot I can't put on my powder on top of it to hide my oil glance, because it feels like the skin is suffocating under it. But when I wear foundation only I can't wipe the oil away or refresh my face with water. That's why I made the bold decision to go completely make-up free. Of course I felt slightly nervous all day but I tried to forget about it and enjoy the day like everyone else with their perfect skin. On our way back one (male) friend suddenly looks at me and says: "Whoa, now everybody notices your face." I didn't understand what he meant, because except for one spot I luckily have no active acne at the moment, although my skin is very oily and my skin texture is extremely irregular through years of acne. Then another friend said: "I guess it was because of the sun." At that moment I realized that my face must look bright red. I could have just died on the spot. Although it was a hot day it was CLOUDY and the sun didn't shine directly. My face was bright red simply because of my f**** skin. That's what I get for daring to think I look alright without make-up. I don't and I never will, I AM AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!

Now I'll just spend the rest of the summer like the years before - alone in my room.

#7116 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Yesterday I went to the zoo with some close friends and their kids (one of them being my godchild). It was a very hot day, temperatures being about 33° Celsius. So I was unsure about wearing foundation. When it's that hot I can't put on my powder on top of it to hide my oil glance, because it feels like the skin is suffocating under it. But when I wear foundation only I can't wipe the oil away or refresh my face with water. That's why I made the bold decision to go completely make-up free. Of course I felt slightly nervous all day but I tried to forget about it and enjoy the day like everyone else with their perfect skin. On our way back one (male) friend suddenly looks at me and says: "Whoa, now everybody notices your face." I didn't understand what he meant, because except for one spot I luckily have no active acne at the moment, although my skin is very oily and my skin texture is extremely irregular through years of acne. Then another friend said: "I guess it was because of the sun." At that moment I realized that my face must look bright red. I could have just died on the spot. Although it was a hot day it was CLOUDY and the sun didn't shine directly. My face was bright red simply because of my f**** skin. That's what I get for daring to think I look alright without make-up. I don't and I never will, I AM AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!

Now I'll just spend the rest of the summer like the years before - alone in my room.

Your friend is an ass and rude to boot.   No one has the right to make comments that you didn't ask for.  Ignore him and do you.    True friends will accept you as is.

#7117 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

No you're not an abomination! Your 'friend'  was very rude and disrespectful. Don't let your skin stop you from doing things, you're awesome!

My skin is looking great, but I have no idea how I did it:

I had a party at my place because I was home alone, I drink waaaaaay too much liquor and then everything turned black. I woke up this morning on my couch, not remembering a thing. I called my friend and apparently I've been lying in the grass for a long time (while vomiting...) and for some reason I might have eaten some grass. Anyways my clogged pores are a lot better suddenly, most of them are gone. Grass acne treatment CONFIRMED :D

However the entire left side of my face is red and feels sore and I have some wound on the right side of my forehead. I have no idea how those things got there but I don't really care, finally some better skin!

EDIT: Ok, I just realized something, this is gross, but it's the only possible explanation (don't read this while eating): acid can remove some dead skin layers, the fluid in your stomach is acid, while vomiting it comes out. I don't remember lying in my own vomit but it seems like the only possible explanation

Edited by scco, Today, 12:43 AM.

#7118 =shiki

=shiki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted Today, 12:41 AM

i just cant wait for perfect skin anymore and if i wont get it perfect i dont fuking need it! mad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users