How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7288 replies to this topic

#6981 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Spent the day with the Fam at a christening and it was cool.  Didn't think of my skin at all.  I snuck a peek at the mirror this morning but now i'm back on my no mirrors fast.  It really has helped ease my anxiety with my skin.  I know i have acne, no need got visual confirmation.

God bless everyone and may you all find the peace that you deserve

#6982 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

For a hot minute i was getting excited about not having whiteheads and then out pop three.  To be fair though, one has been growing for a week or two.  I hate acne so much but there is not much i can do.  I am trying to eat the best that i can and it will get easier once i go on summer vacation.  My stress levels should also stabalize then.  It still sucks though.  On a side note, i discovered today that part of what stresses me out is the expectations i have of others.  I expect consideration, kindness, tolerance and fairness which it seems is too much for some people.  From this point on, i will make a concentrated effort to not expect the same level of respect and basic human decency so that way, i won't be disappointed with selfish people.  If you can't give me what i deserve, then you'll end up at the bottom of my priority list. 

#6983 Sepphy

Sepphy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

I've been clear of acne for the past 6 months now. I started the regimen (with my own otc products) exactly one year ago today. Looking back, I'm really happy that I trusted the regimen and more importantly, myself. It was a tough battle both emotionally and psychologically but I'm glad that I got over the hump. As I read your posts, it reminds me of how I used to feel. I know how tough it is, I've been there, but I don't want you to give up. Finding a solution isn't easy but I assure you, it's all worth it in the end. To whoever's reading this, good luck in your battles, be strong. I'm sure you can overcome it! :)

#6984 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Feeling frustrated with my acne.  Breaking out in inflamed acne which is under the skin and others which have pus.  Avoiding mirrors is helping but there is always the moment when i look up and there is the monster looking back at me.  I realize that if I truly love God, then I love all that he has made including me, acne and all.    I know i'll overcome this both mentally and physically but its just a matter of when.  I don't want to be in my later 30's and 40's and still dealing with this.  The funny thing is that everyone in my family has grown out of this phase except me- sucks to be the only one with that distinction.

#6985 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:video games, reading, the paranormal, computers, animals/pets, fairies/unicorns, hiking, nature, perfume, aromatherapy, Final Fantasy series, Zelda, Linux, herbal tea, stuffed animals, ethnic cuisine, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, Myers Briggs Personality Tests (I'm an INFP!), religion, spirituality, conspiracy theories (no, I don't believe most of them, I just like researching them), long walks on the beach at night, nightime in general, Jean Auel's books, world travel (though I haven't been able to yet!), Showtime's Dexter, alone time, gemstones/geology, caving, dog parks, trance/electronica, museums & historical centers, and the list goes on.
    Feel free to add me if you want to! I need friends who understand what I'm going through with my acne :(

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

I feel like shit. I look like shit. When will it end? I've been plagued for 20 years already...

#6986 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:video games, reading, the paranormal, computers, animals/pets, fairies/unicorns, hiking, nature, perfume, aromatherapy, Final Fantasy series, Zelda, Linux, herbal tea, stuffed animals, ethnic cuisine, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, Myers Briggs Personality Tests (I'm an INFP!), religion, spirituality, conspiracy theories (no, I don't believe most of them, I just like researching them), long walks on the beach at night, nightime in general, Jean Auel's books, world travel (though I haven't been able to yet!), Showtime's Dexter, alone time, gemstones/geology, caving, dog parks, trance/electronica, museums & historical centers, and the list goes on.
    Feel free to add me if you want to! I need friends who understand what I'm going through with my acne :(

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Feeling hopeful. Just received my regimen trial kit. After years of stalking these forums I'm ready! Accutane and others meds didn't work. I'm feeling hopeful for the Regimen regardless and am thankful for the free trial.

#6987 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Some of the hard pimples are going down but alas new ones are coming up.  Been stressed lately with a coworker so no doubt it will show in my skin soon.  Started juicing and even though its messy, i like it.  People say it will help with the body to help with the skin, we'll see.  I am also going to the gym for cardio 5 days a week and its my fav part of the day, just me, my music and sweating my frustrations away.  One  good thing that i've started doing is making plans REGARDLESS of what my skin is doing.   The goal is to love myself and treat myself right even when my skin and body don't return the favor.

#6988 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

let's play a game. You aren't a very outgoing person. Basically you just go out twice a week to attend your lessons. You also decide to order some books online but go pick them from the store-it costs less that way. So you combine the 2 to save time. You also know that you have a clogged pore on your chin and that your clogged pores always inflame. Guess when it will decide it's time to do it.

#6989 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

<p>I don't want to jinx myself, but I woke up with clearer than usual skin after day 1 of the Regimen :) Feeling hopeful.</p>

#6990 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Feeling a bit crappy today. I've got very little crap on my face, but one of the things I've got is so ugly. It's all compounded by the fact I have a very big event to go to next week.

#6991 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

So all that stressing finally paid off!  Acne on top of acne on top of acne.  I never really believed in the stress acne connection but i now know for a fact that my stress levels in the last few weeks have broken me out.  All around my chin/mouth area on both sides have inflamed pimples, pus filled pimples and incoming pimples.  My inner cheeks are also breaking out.  My natural inclination was to cry but i think i won't.  I wanted to hide and not go to the gym tomorrow - well- not doing that either.  I'm tired of letting this non sense run my life, so tired of it.  My new juicer is supposed to come tomorrow so excited to start with that.  Nothing to do now but wait and see.  11 more days of school and then i can start this diet shift hardcore.  Praying for a positive change but not expecting much so that way i won't be disappointed if nothing comes to pass.  

Stay strong my fellow acne sufferers.  We are all beautiful and will be made struggle because of our struggles. Go out and show the world that even with acne, you can still enjoy life.   

#6992 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

And the worsening continues.  Not looking forward to the next few months but acne won't stop me from getting out and about and enjoying my summer.  No sirree.  I got my new Breville juicer and it is amazing.  best $100 i ever spent.  Plan to juice everyday on addition to smoothies.

#6993 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

Ok I'm sold. I'll be buying the full kit soon. The trial kit is working wonderfully for me. I'm still bummed that I don't look good without makeup yet. 10+ years of hiding behing foundation. Sigh. But things are improving. I now think that acne itself is not the problem. It's society's judgment of it. People don't look down on stuff like someone with bug bites on their arms...but if it's acne, some people suddenly start judging you...telling you it's your fault for not eating healthy or not washing your face. Little do they know acne sufferers are often way more on the ball with hygiene and diet than most. We can't control it. And also there are those who stick up for burn victims and other people who are conventionally less attractive due  to no fault of their own, but don't show the same empathy towards acne sufferers. 

#6994 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

I recognized something today.  How I look does not have to correlate to how I feel and approach life and people.  For too long, I have allowed the condition of my skin to dictate when i go out, what i do, how i feel, etc.  Today that stops.  I have made summer plans knowing that acne is getting worse and you know what, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

#6995 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

About a week into the Regimen and I'm clearer than I've been in forever, a miracle especially considering that it's PMS week! At this rate, I should be totally clear by the 4 month mark. I'm feeling better than usual of course.

#6996 Michael001001

Michael001001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Obviously, I feel like shit. thx for asking though.

#6997 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

I've seen a lot of improvement since starting the regimen, about a month ago.
It's slow and mostly I just see some red marks that are fading (I haven't incorporated aha/bha). I was avoiding BP between my eyebrows to keep the area around my eyes from getting dry and of course I have a pimple forming right on the bridge of my nose, it hurts. I wonder why acne has to hurt, when it's bad enough having it in the first place.

#6998 Josh*

Josh*

Acne free,finally happy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Fine with face but random bacne is really getting old.

#6999 OllieJR

OllieJR

Sir

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

Like someone saw me asleep and decided to wake me up by booting me in the balls.

#7000 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

Ahhhh I ran out of my trial kit and my full kit doesn't arrive for another few days. Must hit up Walgreens for the next best thing to get me through the next few days...Neutrogena on the Spot, etc... I only have about 3 zits (which is MUCH less than usual)...so I'm happy that it's working and I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users