How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7135 replies to this topic

#6921 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Feeling discouraged.. Face is splotchy red after light BP use.  Don't know what to do.

#6922 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hey everyone. Not sure if the same people are still hanging out here, but I wanted to drop in and report that I am happily still clear. :) The scars and discolorations have faded quite a bit within the past year thanks to argan oil, grapeseed oil and the AHA lotion. I still have some pretty bad scarring around the edges of my mouth where I always got the huge cysts, but it's getting better. I might try the needling thing one day, but I'm not sure.

Also, I ended my toxic relationship with my ex and have a wonderful new boyfriend! I left North Carolina and am currently living in gorgeous Denver Colorado, the stoner capital of the world! lol... Life is great and I just wanted to remind everyone to keep hope, always try new medications and never give up. When I first began the regimen, my skin was a red, peeling mess. I have better skin than most people I know now, and I actually get complimented on my "pretty soft skin!"

DON'T GIVE UP! :)

ps. For those who don't know me, I had VERY severe cystic acne.

#6923 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hey everyone. Not sure if the same people are still hanging out here, but I wanted to drop in and report that I am happily still clear. smile.png The scars and discolorations have faded quite a bit within the past year thanks to argan oil, grapeseed oil and the AHA lotion. I still have some pretty bad scarring around the edges of my mouth where I always got the huge cysts, but it's getting better. I might try the needling thing one day, but I'm not sure.

Also, I ended my toxic relationship with my ex and have a wonderful new boyfriend! I left North Carolina and am currently living in gorgeous Denver Colorado, the stoner capital of the world! lol... Life is great and I just wanted to remind everyone to keep hope, always try new medications and never give up. When I first began the regimen, my skin was a red, peeling mess. I have better skin than most people I know now, and I actually get complimented on my "pretty soft skin!"

DON'T GIVE UP! smile.png

Deja!  I was just thinking about you the other day.  SO happy to hear that things are going well - you deserve it!

#6924 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

well i still have scars but compare to couple months ago i would say it got way better , sometimes i feel discourage and want to give up but then i think i gotten this far and thats what keeps me going :)

#6925 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Feeling defeated.eusa_shifty.gif

#6926 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

discouraged. Yet another of these boil like pimple surfaced. I messed with it and I'm left with an absolute red disaster.

#6927 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

discouraged. Yet another of these boil like pimple surfaced. I messed with it and I'm left with an absolute red disaster.

Keep your head up.  Try not to mess with them.  How has your diet and lifestyle been? For some people that's like liquid gold.....lol.  You fixed your skin once, you can do it again.

#6928 Josh*

Josh*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Good for once O_O

#6929 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm feeling great and I haven't been able to say that for a few years! This is first time that I did not get a break out after starting my menstrual cycle, thank you Spiro and Ortho Tri-Cyclen!

#6930 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Keep your head up.  Try not to mess with them.  How has your diet and lifestyle been? For some people that's like liquid gold.....lol.  You fixed your skin once, you can do it again.

Trying to keep head up but I shouldn't have mess with it. It's turning purple now and it's very visible on my face.

I'm thinking my soap might be the culprit though it seems to help other parts of my sin. I'm using Avene gel.

I wish I had clear skin again. I just have this bright red area on the middle of my cheek and another boil popped up last night. Nothing works on these. Alcohol, benzoyl peroxide, Fucidin, Eryfluid, Tee Tree Oil. Nothing stops them from growing!! And when I mess with them, I'm getting the disaster I'm having now. Bright red skin all around!

#6931 QuietJamie14

QuietJamie14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:23 AM

Frustrated that everyone I know who had acne gets over it sooner or later, regains their confidence, and everyone, everyone, eventually finds love. Apart from me. There is no end in sight.

Trying to be a better person. Trying to feel happy for others. Trying to concentrate on the good things I do have in life, rather than on all the things acne has taken away from me. But some days are harder than others. I find the summer months especially difficult, when everyone else seems so happy and beautiful and alive.

#6932 panicjack

panicjack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

Oh no way... Seriously, I feel like I can't go on anymore...

#6933 panicjack

panicjack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hey everyone. Not sure if the same people are still hanging out here, but I wanted to drop in and report that I am happily still clear. smile.png The scars and discolorations have faded quite a bit within the past year thanks to argan oil, grapeseed oil and the AHA lotion. I still have some pretty bad scarring around the edges of my mouth where I always got the huge cysts, but it's getting better. I might try the needling thing one day, but I'm not sure.

DON'T GIVE UP! smile.png

You are a loyal member of this site lol. You have been here since 2004, that year I was in my elementary school and NEVER got a single acne at all! I used to spend my time playing with other friends and going out in public place without feeling insecurity. Now, everything is turning over since I had my acne that forming scars. Are you serious acne scars will get better over the time? I'm so desperate knowing that acne scars are permanent and unfortunately, I have tons craters on my face, they are red and the texture of my skin is horrible. I always wonder why the hell I should spend a lot of products if I can't help my scars better. With those products didn't I just waste of my money? 

#6934 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Frustrated that everyone I know who had acne gets over it sooner or later, regains their confidence, and everyone, everyone, eventually finds love. Apart from me. There is no end in sight.

Trying to be a better person. Trying to feel happy for others. Trying to concentrate on the good things I do have in life, rather than on all the things acne has taken away from me. But some days are harder than others. I find the summer months especially difficult, when everyone else seems so happy and beautiful and alive.

Jamie, i go through that too.  It's a mindset thing.  just recognize that you are not alone in your struggle and that you deserve happiness just like everyone else.

Meh - breaking out.  I know it happens when suddenly stopping BP abruptly but it sucks regardless.

#6935 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Feeling discouraged.. Face is splotchy red after light BP use.  Don't know what to do.

Keep your head up too. Have you tried to sauna your skin clear? I've been there today. I still have redness and that big pustule, but it felt good to 'detox'.

Maybe that's what's needed after using harsh chemicals on our faces?

#6936 Josh*

Josh*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Got sun burnt.

asdfae4rtw45yy54wy745w27

#6937 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Keep your head up too. Have you tried to sauna your skin clear? I've been there today. I still have redness and that big pustule, but it felt good to 'detox'.

I hate saunas and they've never been good for my skin at all unfortunately.  The redness and eczema went away so i know for a fact that i am now either allergic or sensitive to BP....sucks for me. 

#6938 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:18 AM

I hate saunas and they've never been good for my skin at all unfortunately.  The redness and eczema went away so i know for a fact that i am now either allergic or sensitive to BP....sucks for me. 

I tried infra sauna yesterday. Results are good. Haven't tried removing the bandaids offed my popped pimple yet. Looking ok with the bandaids on. Do not want to see the red mess under......

#6939 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Woah, it's been so long!  I cleared up 2-3 years ago and stopped visiting this site. 

Now I am starting to get frustrated about my acne scars, but I don't breakout anymore!

I'm happy because I am finally in a relationship, it is my first one. Don't care about my skin. 

I miss this forum ^^

#6940 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Been reminding myself lately that in the 'grand scheme of things' I'm lucky that it's only acne and the effects of acne that I'm dealing with (opposed to some horrible directly life threatening illness / condition)... and I know that's true - but it doesn't always help me feel any better about it or put things in perspective like it usually does for me. Lately it's just been making me feel bad about feeling upset by something like my skin which is 'trivial' in comparison to so many things.

I guess I have a few other things stressing me out lately too which just makes it worse... mostly to do with uni and wondering whether I'm studying the right thing / going down the right career path. I probably just need a break from study at the moment. I've been thinking that studying my masters right after finishing my undergrad (before even the official graduation actually...) was just setting myself up for burn out. Hoping I can keep it together and get through the last month or so of the semester so I can enjoy a break from it and then feel ready to get back into it... (sorry none of that's acne related - sometimes just helps to vent / think out loud)

I was thinking that the other week myself. I feel like it's been another year of having dealt with acne and another year of being 'behind' everyone else. I know I still have plenty of time to meet someone and have a relationship (you do too, everyone does - it's not something a time frame should be put on really..) but at times I still feel like it's not going to happen ever. I think / hope I'm just having a very pessimistic week haha 

Just have to have hope that somehow things work out

I think it's a good thing to remind yourself of all the good things you have in life, like you said.

I also agree with what leelowe1 said about you not being alone in this and that everyone is so deserving happiness!  

Hang in there,- all the best comfort.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users