#6502 chriz00

chriz00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:AUTO RACING !!!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

^^hang in there brotha!

I've recently had my acne come back after a good year of anti-biotics. Strangely though, most of my acne is concentrated around the jawline. Thinking it has to do something with "candida overgrowth" or something. 

Nonetheless, not happy. :*(

Will be seeing a derm in 2 weeks, in the mean time though, I ordered some "pau d'arco tea" and will be drinking that religiously in hopes it does something for my gut. 

Grrr, I HATE YOU ACNE! :(

#6503 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Not good

#6504 k3tchup

k3tchup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cardiac and Intensive Care Nursing, A crazy ED, Patient care most of all

Movies;music;making friends;socializing

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

no acne, but sick as hell. One or the other... really :(

#6505 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

not good and not going to work until a couple of pustules are less inflammed........

#6506 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Not turning on the bathroom light has helped tremendously in the last couple days. I bet my makeup looks wonky, but I don't care-- I'm really and truly breaking my picking habit!

#6507 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

There is hope! I should finally get to try a low dose of isotretinoin in January if everything goes to plan!!! :D *fingers crossed*

#6508 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

There is hope! I should finally get to try a low dose of isotretinoin in January if everything goes to plan!!! biggrin.png *fingers crossed*

Hooray! I'm so happy for you :D

#6509 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hooray! I'm so happy for you biggrin.png

Aw thank you! I won't believe it till it happens, but at least now I have something to hope for in my life. :)

#6510 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hooray! I'm so happy for you biggrin.png

Aw thank you! I won't believe it till it happens, but at least now I have something to hope for in my life. smile.png

Well I wish you all the best! 

#6511 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

skin feels better after sauna. Trying to go out of the house today!

#6512 skinnie

skinnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would never have thought that I would ever be this consistently clear. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png  It's the trio of Clarisonic, BP, and Tazorac. Of course, if I miss even one of these things for more than one day, I get a pimple. Makes camping tough.

I've been soo MIA from this forum. Med school apps and general craziness...

My hair is still falling out. It's been 6- 7 months since it started. o.O

HOWEVER I got into med school!!! It's hard to feel bad about anything now, lol. My life goals/dreams are finally coming true!!!!

I haven't changed anything about how I do the regimen - but I've been breaking out a whole lot more than normal lately. It's really annoying. Today was the first time in a while where I felt embarrassed about my skin / didn't want other people to see it. 

I guess the past week has been a bit stressful and disrupted (haven't slept much or well). It's been exciting too though. I started my masters degree last monday (and graduate from my bachelor degree next tuesday - so hoping my skin clears up a bit by then). It's quite a full on degree  - long days and early starts - but I'll adjust to that soon enough and hopefully my skin will too. I think lack of sleep might be contributing to the break outs. 

It's annoying though to be dealing with 'problem' skin now though as I want to be making a good impression on other people in my degree and feel like I can't when my skin is a bit of a mess...

I have met some nice people though and everyone seems friendly so far. I am the youngest in the degree though which is fine. But most of the people I've been talking too are 25 - 28 or a little older - and majority of people are either in long term relationships or married... which makes it awkward for me (or makes me feel awkward) when at lunch or whenever, and they'll be talking about their partners in one way or another. I'm just hoping they don't ask me about whether I'm in a relationship or have past relationships etc because my answer will be no. And I don't want to have to answer anything like that 

I still feel weird or stupid or something for being 20 and not having had a relationship of any sort. I feel like 20 is still pretty young though but in comparison to majority of people my age, I feel behind. And I know there's no point to 'worrying' over it / there's nothing I can do - but I wish there was some way to avoid the topic coming up in conversation tongue.png I'll just have to hope they don't ask. 

I'm 21, and I've never been in a relationship either... My friend is 22 and she's never been in a relationship. It's really not as uncommon as you would think, I promise. A lot of my friends had their first relationships at 21, 22 years old. This is not the age that most people tie themselves down into relationships anyway.

You know, you might be breaking out because of dryness. My skin gets cloggy because of dryness. Are you flaking? Try scrubbing gently with a clean wash cloth when you're washing your face to get the flakes off and then moisturize. I find that I have to change up my medication regimen a bit during the winters/seasonal change.

Congrats on your masters program!!! That's great!

Also, IDK if you've tried the clarisonic, but I'm totally plugging it. I'm so impressed with what its done for my skin... it's mad my whole regimen more effective.

Edited by skinnie, 07 December 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#6513 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

I would never have thought that I would ever be this consistently clear. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png  It's the trio of Clarisonic, BP, and Tazorac. Of course, if I miss even one of these things for more than one day, I get a pimple. Makes camping tough.

I've been soo MIA from this forum. Med school apps and general craziness...

My hair is still falling out. It's been 6- 7 months since it started. o.O

HOWEVER I got into med school!!! It's hard to feel bad about anything now, lol. My life goals/dreams are finally coming true!!!!

I haven't changed anything about how I do the regimen - but I've been breaking out a whole lot more than normal lately. It's really annoying. Today was the first time in a while where I felt embarrassed about my skin / didn't want other people to see it. 

I guess the past week has been a bit stressful and disrupted (haven't slept much or well). It's been exciting too though. I started my masters degree last monday (and graduate from my bachelor degree next tuesday - so hoping my skin clears up a bit by then). It's quite a full on degree  - long days and early starts - but I'll adjust to that soon enough and hopefully my skin will too. I think lack of sleep might be contributing to the break outs. 

It's annoying though to be dealing with 'problem' skin now though as I want to be making a good impression on other people in my degree and feel like I can't when my skin is a bit of a mess...

I have met some nice people though and everyone seems friendly so far. I am the youngest in the degree though which is fine. But most of the people I've been talking too are 25 - 28 or a little older - and majority of people are either in long term relationships or married... which makes it awkward for me (or makes me feel awkward) when at lunch or whenever, and they'll be talking about their partners in one way or another. I'm just hoping they don't ask me about whether I'm in a relationship or have past relationships etc because my answer will be no. And I don't want to have to answer anything like that 

I still feel weird or stupid or something for being 20 and not having had a relationship of any sort. I feel like 20 is still pretty young though but in comparison to majority of people my age, I feel behind. And I know there's no point to 'worrying' over it / there's nothing I can do - but I wish there was some way to avoid the topic coming up in conversation tongue.png I'll just have to hope they don't ask. 

I'm 21, and I've never been in a relationship either... My friend is 22 and she's never been in a relationship. It's really not as uncommon as you would think, I promise. A lot of my friends had their first relationships at 21, 22 years old. This is not the age that most people tie themselves down into relationships anyway.

You know, you might be breaking out because of dryness. My skin gets cloggy because of dryness. Are you flaking? Try scrubbing gently with a clean wash cloth when you're washing your face to get the flakes off and then moisturize. I find that I have to change up my medication regimen a bit during the winters/seasonal change.

Congrats on your masters program!!! That's great!

Also, IDK if you've tried the clarisonic, but I'm totally plugging it. I'm so impressed with what its done for my skin... it's mad my whole regimen more effective.

Congrats on getting into med school!! That's so great to hear! :D

And thank you - the masters program is hectic but I'm liking it so far!

Yeah you're right, it is more common than I realise and I always forget that... 

Luckily so far no one has asked about relationships or anything... it will be great if it stays like that!

And that's a good thought about dryness causing the breakouts... I get flaky / most dry around my chin / mouth and that's where breakouts are worse. I think it might be a combination of hormones, stress and dryness now actually...

I do like to use a wash cloth to gently exfoliate but haven't been doing that as often lately so will have to try doing that again and see if that helps.

I haven't tried the Clarisonic. I've heard mixed things about it so I'm still not sure about it! But I'll keep it in mind - it could make all the difference :P

#6514 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Congratulations on getting into med school! That's amazing!! And at 21, too! Fantastic! :D

Also, I've been using the Olay Pro-X brush that's similar, but not as good, as Clarisonic. Even though I've read that it's not quite as effective, it's still really helping me. Maybe one day I'll splurge and get the Clarisonic! :D

#6515 k3tchup

k3tchup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cardiac and Intensive Care Nursing, A crazy ED, Patient care most of all

Movies;music;making friends;socializing

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

Nice job on getting into med school. Definitely think about it myself, but I've had enough craziness I just want to work:save lives, see crazy things, and have fun. 

I need to get well when people say that I don't look enthused to be here [job]. Being sick sucks it makes you all crabby and not really caring about what the @$%^ happens as long as you can breath through your nose and swallow without gagging from the scratchiness. I would also like my voice back :)

Acne= on vacation. 

#6516 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, running, creative projects, the sims games

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

I have one of those spots on my jawline that starts out painful then ends up really, really itchy. Not touching it is a nightmare.

#6517 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have my graduation ceremony today - But of course I have some rather ugly spots around my chin. And one on my cheek but that's not so noticeable as the chin ones. I do wish my skin looked better for today but I just have to hope I can get makeup to work nicely today and just try and forget about my skin. I am paranoid about having to wear the cap and that possibly irritating / breaking out my skin rolleyes.gif

#6518 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Really low self esteem . My skin is getting really dry and red from the cold. Any moisturizer recommendations? I'm usually really oily but now just dry.

#6519 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Really low self esteem . My skin is getting really dry and red from the cold. Any moisturizer recommendations? I'm usually really oily but now just dry.

What moisturiser do you currently use? Have you ever tried jojoba oil or adding it to your moisturiser? I find it really does help with the dryness I get from the regimen but I only use jojoba oil at night (with cetaphil). In the morning I use cetaphil and neutrogena oil free spf 15 moisturiser. Cetaphil can be a bit greasy I think (it's not my favourite moisturiser but it's great with really dry skin I think).

Hope you're feeling better soon - Hang in there comfort.gif

#6520 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

It's funny how when your skin is clearing...one zit can freak you out and make you think you're completely regressing! -- When before...5-6 new zits would be just another day. I've got one under my chin that came up after putting Mint Julep mask on it over night. That stuff really makes the spot come to a head. Anyway, I posted another picture in my gallery-- 19 days of trying not to pick and my new regimen. smile.png

Edited by heitea, 11 December 2013 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users