#6301 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I went to a party last night for my dad's birthday - so a lot of people there I didn't know / haven't seen in years and their kids who are around my age. I hate situations like that because I feel like I'm being compared to the other people, particularly girls there, who are my age or near it. And of course my skin broke out yesterday morning - so I was worried about my skin.

It wasn't so bad until I was about to leave. I was wearing a sleeveless top and I knew I had two small spots on my shoulder, but decided I wasn't going to worry about it and wear it anyway. But then my mum comments about it saying I should cover my back... and the way she said it! Put me into a depressed, self-conscious mood instantly. I felt like saying - 'so I should cover my face with a paper bag then too right!?' - because my face not only has a couple of active spots, but also a tonne of PIH marks that are very visable even through makeup in different lights. I went and changed what I was wearing after that.

Took me a while to snap out of that feeling. But thankfully no one said anything about my skin during the night and I was able to relax a bit and have a good time. Sort of glad it's over now though...

Hope you're all doing well :)

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#6302 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

I went to a party last night for my dad's birthday - so a lot of people there I didn't know / haven't seen in years and their kids who are around my age. I hate situations like that because I feel like I'm being compared to the other people, particularly girls there, who are my age or near it. And of course my skin broke out yesterday morning - so I was worried about my skin.

It wasn't so bad until I was about to leave. I was wearing a sleeveless top and I knew I had two small spots on my shoulder, but decided I wasn't going to worry about it and wear it anyway. But then my mum comments about it saying I should cover my back... and the way she said it! Put me into a depressed, self-conscious mood instantly. I felt like saying - 'so I should cover my face with a paper bag then too right!?' - because my face not only has a couple of active spots, but also a tonne of PIH marks that are very visable even through makeup in different lights. I went and changed what I was wearing after that.

Took me a while to snap out of that feeling. But thankfully no one said anything about my skin during the night and I was able to relax a bit and have a good time. Sort of glad it's over now though...

Hope you're all doing well smile.png

That sucks...I hate social situations like this one too. Sometimes our parents, esp. mothers, can be our worst critic, so you shouldn't worry about it too much. If anything, it should make you more determined to clear your skin grinwink.gif  I'm glad noone else made you feel bad at the party. Most of the time, people are so self-centered that they don't even notice unless we point out our flaws to them. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#6303 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

What im worried about is how they'll react when the see my face full of marks and some active acne.

They won't care about it, I swear.

But I know it's hard, and that in your head it must sound like "I'm just an ugly and huge spot walking on the street". But you're no

>Never going to have a girlfriend with the way I look.

There are plenty of people here who have acne AND a BF or GF.

Clear skin can bring self-confidence, I cannot deny it does (and trust me I'm not on this forum for nothing...), but, still, it's not what will make someone like you or not.

And by the way, I deeply understand what you've just said...

My personality hasn't changed, but no one will go out with me anymore. I'm not any less confident than I was. It must depend on which age you are in. People do judge you by how you look.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#6304 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

When I walk around the city or go by subway, I feel like there's a spot as visible as that old-fashioned red fire alarm and everybody sees it from afar wondering, what happening to that girl's face. But yesterday, when I met a friend and complained about my cysts, she looked closer and said - "Ah, I see them now. Though I haven't noticed until you said it".
We're too harsh on ourselves sometimes.   

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#6305 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I hate my skin so much right now. All I want is to look vaguely human like everybody else. Why is that so much to ask?!!

My Current Treatment Plan

Morning: Lymecycline

Evening: Dianette + Epiduo

Diet: eliminated dairy

My Log: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331567-diary-of-a-three-pronged-attack-my-mission-to-get-clear-skin-and-avoid-roaccutane/#entry3369787 

Acne status: essentially clear and just waiting for hyperpigmentation to fade

"I would rather learn what it feels like to burn than feel nothing at all." ~ Ron Pope

#6306 CookieJ

CookieJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I feel great now. Back at uni and a new friend said that he didn't notice anything wrong with my skin. He didn't believe that I'd had acne problems in the past. Yet in August I had pretty bad skin. Only thing is I have to be strict with what I do.

"Happiness is only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless

#6307 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

When I walk around the city or go by subway, I feel like there's a spot as visible as that old-fashioned red fire alarm and everybody sees it from afar wondering, what happening to that girl's face. But yesterday, when I met a friend and complained about my cysts, she looked closer and said - "Ah, I see them now. Though I haven't noticed until you said it".

You're lucky, every week some douchebag brings up my acne. I was excited to see some girl I knew in the past (that I liked, and haven't seen in over a year) and the first thing she said to me was "wow, what happened to your face?" How stupid can they be? What do they think happened?

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#6308 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, running, creative projects, the sims games

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm finally at the stage now where I can get a spot and not have to worry about it all day or cover it up with makeup. 

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.

#6309 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

You're lucky, every week some douchebag brings up my acne. I was excited to see some girl I knew in the past (that I liked, and haven't seen in over a year) and the first thing she said to me was "wow, what happened to your face?" How stupid can they be? What do they think happened?

It's just plain ignorance and lack of common sense from her side. 
Well, I'm almost 25 now so people in my circle are adults who have discretion not to bring up questions about appearance. Also, in Sweden everyone's very very careful with what they say and to whom (except immigrants who haven't yet absorbed this type of culture, but neither are their intentions bad, if they bring up acne - they only try to give some advice, without realizing how annoying that might be). So yeah, almost nobody ever mentions my face if I don't start talking about it myself. 

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#6310 Mugisha

Mugisha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy training , good food and learning new methods to beat Acne.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

My skin across my body is usually pretty bad but for some unknown reason I have been almost completely clear on my face for the past week!. Regardless of how bad or good my skin maybe next week I am grateful for the almost clear couple of days that I have had. I'm feeling Awesome cool.png  

#6311 acl94536

acl94536

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Not feelin' so great. I'll be the first to admit that I used to be vain. I was never mean. I never pointed out if anyone had an acne problem, or a big nose, or maybe needed to lose a few pounds. I was considered ugly all throughout middle school and then I got pretty. It's wrong I know, but being pretty and being a model was my only sense of self-worth. Now, that's all been taken away. I used to be able to have any guy I wanted, now no guys even give me a second glance. I would never sweat worrying if a boyfriend left me because I knew I'd find someone else. If that were to happen now and my boyfriend left me, I'd never get a new boyfriend because I'm so ugly. Right now I have two small pimples on my forehead and one on my lower right cheek. The left side of my face is a mess with a big painful zit on my upper cheek and my lower jawline near my chin, not to mention that weird rash that will not go away. The nodule between my brows is a lot less red and it isn't as painful, but it's still there. I didn't wear any makeup today and I feel like complete garbage. Only 2 days left of fall break and I'm afraid to go back to school. I'd give anything to look like a normal human being again. 

#6312 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Not feelin' so great. I'll be the first to admit that I used to be vain. I was never mean. I never pointed out if anyone had an acne problem, or a big nose, or maybe needed to lose a few pounds. I was considered ugly all throughout middle school and then I got pretty. It's wrong I know, but being pretty and being a model was my only sense of self-worth. Now, that's all been taken away. I used to be able to have any guy I wanted, now no guys even give me a second glance. I would never sweat worrying if a boyfriend left me because I knew I'd find someone else. If that were to happen now and my boyfriend left me, I'd never get a new boyfriend because I'm so ugly. Right now I have two small pimples on my forehead and one on my lower right cheek. The left side of my face is a mess with a big painful zit on my upper cheek and my lower jawline near my chin, not to mention that weird rash that will not go away. The nodule between my brows is a lot less red and it isn't as painful, but it's still there. I didn't wear any makeup today and I feel like complete garbage. Only 2 days left of fall break and I'm afraid to go back to school. I'd give anything to look like a normal human being again. 

I feel the same as you do. I considered myself ugly untill 2 years ago, when spiro cleared me completely. Well it was the first time in my life i could feel some confidence. And six months ago these b@stards-sorry but this is really the way i feel- discontinued it. There is no generic here, just the original aldactone. However i didn't break out at first.. so when it became available again the stupid idea crossed my mind: that perhaps my skin just decided to be normal. Then it started breaking out with dairy and i was even more stupid to think that it's alright, i will just exclude milk. It worked at first.. then the same with nuts, then something else.. and here i am now, with all this pain again, all the red marks that took months or years to disappear are here again. I started again spiro, it's been a month now and guess what... i don't think it's working like the first time! I break out every other day even though i try to eat as healthy as i can when the first time i would eat ice cream or chocolate and the next day there was nothing or maybe one pimple but tiny. What was i thinking? It's me, i know me, i will never be normal at anything. I wonder how and why i was so lucky (or rather unlucky) not to have some serious lethal problem as a fetus or infant.

My Msc started today and i went without make up, i tried to hide as much as possible and thankfully noone asked what happend to my skin. I hope your schoolmates will be discreet as well. We will find the way..

By the way does somebody know if AHA 10% is suitable for active acne and unclogging pores?

What clears my acne:

Spironolactone 100 mg + limiting dairy

indoxyl (duac) gel + aha + baby brush for comedones.

3hnd.jpg

#6313 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I feel the same as you do. I considered myself ugly untill 2 years ago, when spiro cleared me completely. Well it was the first time in my life i could feel some confidence. And six months ago these b@stards-sorry but this is really the way i feel- discontinued it. There is no generic here, just the original aldactone. However i didn't break out at first.. so when it became available again the stupid idea crossed my mind: that perhaps my skin just decided to be normal. Then it started breaking out with dairy and i was even more stupid to think that it's alright, i will just exclude milk. It worked at first.. then the same with nuts, then something else.. and here i am now, with all this pain again, all the red marks that took months or years to disappear are here again. I started again spiro, it's been a month now and guess what... i don't think it's working like the first time! I break out every other day even though i try to eat as healthy as i can when the first time i would eat ice cream or chocolate and the next day there was nothing or maybe one pimple but tiny. What was i thinking? It's me, i know me, i will never be normal at anything. I wonder how and why i was so lucky (or rather unlucky) not to have some serious lethal problem as a fetus or infant.

My Msc started today and i went without make up, i tried to hide as much as possible and thankfully noone asked what happend to my skin. I hope your schoolmates will be discreet as well. We will find the way..

By the way does somebody know if AHA 10% is suitable for active acne and unclogging pores?

They say BHA is better for actually unclogging pores, but I've found AHA somewhat helpful with active acne. It seems to dry it out or bring it to a head quicker.

#6314 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lord of the rings, anime and manga, guinea pigs, God, Rachel's Challenge and finding a cure for acne

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Due to my acne and how I was treated at school I have developed social phobia and now I cannot approach people anymore. I have no friends right now (have only 12 friends on facebook and that's all family) and I am in psychiatric care. I'm just so scared that this situation is never gonna change again and I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. Sorry of burdening you with my worries, but I could really use some support :(

tumblr_meiqj3bp781ryhzupo2_500.jpg

#6315 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Acne has also taken away my confidence, if I ever had some. There were few short episodes in my life when I had developed some self-esteem and everything just seemed to go so well in all spheres of my life. I started singing lessons, went on auditions, modelled a bit for commercials (one of them was on tv! Everyone was so impressed by me and I used to get comments on my facebook, that I live such an interesting life). But all that has been taken away from me by cystic acne. Right now I feel ugly no matter what, even if I get clear moments, I have no social life, am extremely lonely and my lack of confidence always threatens my relationship with the person I love. 
I'm going to Brasil tomorrow, to meet my boyfriend and all his friends, and there are two nodular cysts on my cheek. I feel so crushed and don't want to go... I don't want to be compared with those Brasilian beauties, I hate them all..

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#6316 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

They say BHA is better for actually unclogging pores, but I've found AHA somewhat helpful with active acne. It seems to dry it out or bring it to a head quicker.

Thanks for the reply, i have a cream with sal. acid (bha) but there is an ingredient that may be comedogenic (there are two with the same name, one comedogenic and one not and some indicator to differenciate them but they don't specify that indicator) so i am affraid to use it.. I found a non comedogenic avene cream with aha and bha but sal. acid is only 1% and i don't know if it is enough. Then there is freazydem 10% aha-bha but i don't know if it is comedogenic..

Due to my acne and how I was treated at school I have developed social phobia and now I cannot approach people anymore. I have no friends right now (have only 12 friends on facebook and that's all family) and I am in psychiatric care. I'm just so scared that this situation is never gonna change again and I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. Sorry of burdening you with my worries, but I could really use some support sad.png

We all have our worries and need support, that's why we are here.. there is no need to apologise about it! There are many people out there who feel the same as you do.. you are not alone!

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#6317 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, i have a cream with sal. acid (bha) but there is an ingredient that may be comedogenic (there are two with the same name, one comedogenic and one not and some indicator to differenciate them but they don't specify that indicator) so i am affraid to use it.. I found a non comedogenic avene cream with aha and bha but sal. acid is only 1% and i don't know if it is enough. Then there is freazydem 10% aha-bha but i don't know if it is comedogenic..

>Due to my acne and how I was treated at school I have developed social phobia and now I cannot approach people anymore. I have no friends right now (have only 12 friends on facebook and that's all family) and I am in psychiatric care. I'm just so scared that this situation is never gonna change again and I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. Sorry of burdening you with my worries, but I could really use some support sad.png

We all have our worries and need support, that's why we are here.. there is no need to apologise about it! There are many people out there who feel the same as you do.. you are not alone!

Maybe check out Paula's Choice BHA and AHA products. I'm not sure if they do a combination of the two in one product, but they are all well formulated, no comedogenic ingredients.. etc. I have her BHA acne toner and it is good. It lasts a long time too.

#6318 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

>Due to my acne and how I was treated at school I have developed social phobia and now I cannot approach people anymore. I have no friends right now (have only 12 friends on facebook and that's all family) and I am in psychiatric care. I'm just so scared that this situation is never gonna change again and I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. Sorry of burdening you with my worries, but I could really use some support sad.png

Maybe check out Paula's Choice BHA and AHA products. I'm not sure if they do a combination of the two in one product, but they are all well formulated, no comedogenic ingredients.. etc. I have her BHA acne toner and it is good. It lasts a long time too.

Unfortunately they don't ship in my country or rather they do but they don't take responsibility for the time of delivery (knowing my country, this could take really long time).. so i am searching for alternatives and i think i will try avene.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

#6319 Zach Zach

Zach Zach

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Due to my acne and how I was treated at school I have developed social phobia and now I cannot approach people anymore. I have no friends right now (have only 12 friends on facebook and that's all family) and I am in psychiatric care. I'm just so scared that this situation is never gonna change again and I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. Sorry of burdening you with my worries, but I could really use some support sad.png

You have all the support in the world from me! It is a tough road and people can be brutal, but remember, there are more than just people in this world. When I feel down about basically anything (people, life, acne, etc.), I go outside and try to enjoy nature.

You're faced with a challenge. A sports coach puts a player into a game when the coach feels the player can overcome the challenge. If you're faced with a huge challenge, that just means the coach thinks you can handle it. Best wishes.

~ Ask lots of questions. Learn lots of things. ~

#6320 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

If i don't break out tomorrow i am gonna be happy.

What clears my acne:

3hnd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users