7376 replies to this topic

#5861 lizardanne

lizardanne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well I was feeling more positive for most of the day. My skin is clearing up a bit with all the treatments I'm using and getting flatter and smoother everyday but it still looks absolutely horrific in the mirror because most of it is covered in really bad hyperpigmentation along with all the active stuff.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of watching a romantic film on the TV this evening and it reminded me how it's going to be totally impossible for anybody to ever love me with a face like mine. I'm destined to be alone my whole life. Now I'm sitting in my room crying in front of a computer like a pathetic little loser. When will this cycle of misery ever end?!!

Aw, I'm the same way.  My skin is slowly clearing but BP has left so many marks on my face, it's ridiculous.  I've stopped wearing makeup every day, too.  Some days are really challenging.  Just remember that you're not alone, and you're beautiful smile.png You can pull through.  When you get the results you want you'll be so glad you did!  It just takes time and patience.

Glad to hear your skin is clearing but yeh the BP does seem to make red marks last longer unfortunately. I suppose at least it's easier to cover up than active acne, though unfortunately I've still got a load of that as well at the moment. Good job on not wearing make-up every day! I literally cannot leave the house without foundation and haven't done so in 8 years. I feel self-conscious even with it on because of all the bumps and redness that can't be covered up properly so can't even contemplate going out bare faced. I'd love to be able to some day though, just to feel the wind and rain on my skin! 

Thanks for the support smile.png I always think I will be glad when I get the results but unfortunately that day has never yet come for me. Pretty much lost hope that that will ever change but am going to keep trying treatments anyway! There must be something out there that can clear my skin! 

Oh man, I have to wear makeup on the weekends because of my performance-based job, and I can't STAND how active acne looks underneath foundation.  It's the worst.  I could spend hours just looking at those nude-colored bumps in the light with disgust.  If there's ever an opportunity, I remove whiteheads to help flatten my skin a bit.

You'll definitely find something :)  Have you tried the Regimen?  I was super skeptical but it's the best treatment I've done so far, and I've tried so many things.  Also,  it sounds weird, especially since you've struggled for so long, but many people do grow out of acne.  I've heard of it happening pretty late, too, like anywhere from mid-20s to early-mid 30s.  I'm not sure how old you are haha.  But acne isn't for life.  I know that doesn't help much...when my dermatologist told me it was just a human condition and was curable it didn't change the fact that I was really upset and embarrassed.  But basically, you'll find something <3 just stay positive, attitude is a really important part of healing your acne.

#5862 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well I was feeling more positive for most of the day. My skin is clearing up a bit with all the treatments I'm using and getting flatter and smoother everyday but it still looks absolutely horrific in the mirror because most of it is covered in really bad hyperpigmentation along with all the active stuff.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of watching a romantic film on the TV this evening and it reminded me how it's going to be totally impossible for anybody to ever love me with a face like mine. I'm destined to be alone my whole life. Now I'm sitting in my room crying in front of a computer like a pathetic little loser. When will this cycle of misery ever end?!!

Aw, I'm the same way.  My skin is slowly clearing but BP has left so many marks on my face, it's ridiculous.  I've stopped wearing makeup every day, too.  Some days are really challenging.  Just remember that you're not alone, and you're beautiful smile.png You can pull through.  When you get the results you want you'll be so glad you did!  It just takes time and patience.

Glad to hear your skin is clearing but yeh the BP does seem to make red marks last longer unfortunately. I suppose at least it's easier to cover up than active acne, though unfortunately I've still got a load of that as well at the moment. Good job on not wearing make-up every day! I literally cannot leave the house without foundation and haven't done so in 8 years. I feel self-conscious even with it on because of all the bumps and redness that can't be covered up properly so can't even contemplate going out bare faced. I'd love to be able to some day though, just to feel the wind and rain on my skin! 

Thanks for the support smile.png I always think I will be glad when I get the results but unfortunately that day has never yet come for me. Pretty much lost hope that that will ever change but am going to keep trying treatments anyway! There must be something out there that can clear my skin! 

Oh man, I have to wear makeup on the weekends because of my performance-based job, and I can't STAND how active acne looks underneath foundation.  It's the worst.  I could spend hours just looking at those nude-colored bumps in the light with disgust.  If there's ever an opportunity, I remove whiteheads to help flatten my skin a bit.

You'll definitely find something smile.png  Have you tried the Regimen?  I was super skeptical but it's the best treatment I've done so far, and I've tried so many things.  Also,  it sounds weird, especially since you've struggled for so long, but many people do grow out of acne.  I've heard of it happening pretty late, too, like anywhere from mid-20s to early-mid 30s.  I'm not sure how old you are haha.  But acne isn't for life.  I know that doesn't help much...when my dermatologist told me it was just a human condition and was curable it didn't change the fact that I was really upset and embarrassed.  But basically, you'll find something <3 just stay positive, attitude is a really important part of healing your acne.

I know, bumps under foundation is the worst! Especially if it doesn't even disguise the redness fully. 

I used the Regimen for a year and a half but it just made my skin far too irritated - we're talking tomato colour and soreness for the whole one and a half years, it never went away despite massive amounts of moisturiser and jojoba oil and it continued to stay so dry I could barely open my mouth so I just had to quit it in the end. I guess my skin's just really sensitive because this was without even using the full amount of recommended BP.

I'm now using a mix of birth control, antibiotics and Epiduo but it's too early for me to really know if it's going to work well or not. I'm 21 and have been hoping for years that I might just grow out of it but it hasn't happened yet! But as you say there's still time for it to. It just doesn't feel "temporary" and "curable" to me after having it for so long and trying so many different things. I'm really bad at keeping a positive attitude as you can probably tell... haha. Just have to wait and see if what I'm trying now will have any effect. 

Glad you're having success with the Regimen though and good luck with it! :)

My Current Treatment Plan

Morning: Lymecycline

Evening: Dianette + Epiduo

Diet: eliminated dairy

My Log: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331567-diary-of-a-three-pronged-attack-my-mission-to-get-clear-skin-and-avoid-roaccutane/#entry3369787 

Acne status: essentially clear and just waiting for hyperpigmentation to fade

"I would rather learn what it feels like to burn than feel nothing at all." ~ Ron Pope

#5863 isaacNeedsHelp

isaacNeedsHelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:i Like Food ,
    Animals,
    Dancing,
    Females,
    Hate pimples >.<t !
    I like to give advice ^.^

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

You'll definitely find something smile.png  Have you tried the Regimen?  I was super skeptical but it's the best treatment I've done so far, and I've tried so many things.  Also,  it sounds weird, especially since you've struggled for so long, but many people do grow out of acne.  I've heard of it happening pretty late, too, like anywhere from mid-20s to early-mid 30s.  I'm not sure how old you are haha.  But acne isn't for life.  I know that doesn't help much...when my dermatologist told me it was just a human condition and was curable it didn't change the fact that I was really upset and embarrassed.  But basically, you'll find something <3 just stay positive, attitude is a really important part of healing your acne.

Feel the same ways sometimes never lose your confident & keep a open mind ! ^.^

Bla bla bla bla post of the day !

My acne not so bad got those darks spots thoe pain in the butt -.-t
                                  but so far for me i seen lots of improvement ^.^ 

#5864 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I feel better today...I got my blood tests back and I don't have diabetes, so that's good. Still couldn't find the cause of my numbness, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with both my hands numb, and sometimes my feet and back of my head. Scary.  I'm starting a mega dose of D2 as the doctor prescribed to see if that will help my skin and the other symptoms. If the numbness doesn't subside, then I have to see a neurologist....I'm really hoping it's all stress related and nothing more. 

Other than that, life is still a mess but I'm doing my best and that's all I can do. 

Hope everyone is doing well

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#5865 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

I feel better today...I got my blood tests back and I don't have diabetes, so that's good. Still couldn't find the cause of my numbness, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with
both my hands numb, and sometimes my feet
and back of my head. Scary.  I'm starting a
mega dose of D2 as the doctor prescribed to
see if that will help my skin and the other
symptoms. If the numbness doesn't subside,
then I have to see a neurologist....I'm really
hoping it's all stress related and nothing more. 

Other than that, life is still a mess but I'm doing my best and that's all I can do. 

That happens to me as well waking up with my arms,hands and legs numb. It is strange usually takes awhile for the feeling to come back, never thought it was related to diabeties tho. It may be stress related cause im pretty sure I have chronic stress. Damn it now I'm paranoid about diabetes.

#5866 Wcs

Wcs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Disgusted and extremely ugly! Off out to buy saw palmetto later, and also hoping that turmeric helps on certain pimples.

#5867 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

My skin is at it's best right now. Especially after spending a week in the village, eating ecological food right from the garden, breathing fresh unpolluted air and getting plenty of sun. 

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#5868 Mandarine

Mandarine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Not good. At my CBT session today, I explained that I was feeling anxious due to the cyst that I have on my right cheekbone and the breakout on the right side of my neck. The therapist suggested that she take a photo with her mobile phone to prove that it isn`t as bad as I think and also to try to highlight other features and characteristics of my profile other than the "acne".

Even though I was anxious, I agreed to let her take a photo of the right side of my face and neck. The theory being that by looking at the photo afterwards, I would see that I don`t look that bad and my anxiety would reduce.

Big mistake! The photo made me look hideous - the cyst and the breakout on my neck just looked red, inflamed, bumpy and disgusting! The therapist tried to highlight other areas and features like my jawline and the contours of my face that other people may consider to be attractive but all I could see was disgusting "acne".

All in all, the session was a complete disaster and has made me feel even worse. What`s more, she still has that photo on her phone. I hope she deletes it because I don`t want to see it ever again!

You must feel repulsive and ugly, but you should not.

You are not a cyst walking on the street, you're a man with cyst, so what?

People could not care less about it!

And by the way, every people, at least the ones with a brain, won't judge you because of breakouts.

But I know it's hard, let's be brave, man!

#5869 Bodie81

Bodie81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Not good. At my CBT session today, I explained that I was feeling anxious due to the cyst that I have on my right cheekbone and the breakout on the right side of my neck. The therapist suggested that she take a photo with her mobile phone to prove that it isn`t as bad as I think and also to try to highlight other features and characteristics of my profile other than the "acne".

Even though I was anxious, I agreed to let her take a photo of the right side of my face and neck. The theory being that by looking at the photo afterwards, I would see that I don`t look that bad and my anxiety would reduce.

Big mistake! The photo made me look hideous - the cyst and the breakout on my neck just looked red, inflamed, bumpy and disgusting! The therapist tried to highlight other areas and features like my jawline and the contours of my face that other people may consider to be attractive but all I could see was disgusting "acne".

All in all, the session was a complete disaster and has made me feel even worse. What`s more, she still has that photo on her phone. I hope she deletes it because I don`t want to see it ever again!

You must feel repulsive and ugly, but you should not.

You are not a cyst walking on the street, you're a man with cyst, so what?

People could not care less about it!

And by the way, every people, at least the ones with a brain, won't judge you because of breakouts.

But I know it's hard, let's be brave, man!

Everything you say Mandarine is 100% correct - but it is easier said than done when you try to apply that logic to yourself. CBT on Tuesday wasn`t a pleasant experience but just got to put that behind me now.

Skinwise, I`m a little better but still a bit broken out on my neck. The cyst on my cheek shows no sign of going anytime soon. It`s that big and noticeable that it could have it`s own post code (zip code)! Painful to touch too.

More importantly, I feel more positive than I did a couple of days ago.

#5870 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Scars have infested my face.They live in colonies and feed on my skin.They are like little rats.Rolling scars are the ministers.Box scars are the working class.With ice scars being the rich businessmen.The ministers being corrupt,i want to get rid of rolling scars...I want my face free of infestations of any kind :(...

I'm getting hallucinations.

# Scarface

#5871 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

I stopped taking Vitamin C because I read about how almost all ascorbic acid comes from the same source in the States, and is derived from genetically modified corn. Also that ascorbic acid is only one component of Vitamin C and taking just it throws off the balance and confuses the body.

I've also been using high pressure, warm to hot water directly on my face in the shower for a minute or more every day.

My skin is looking better and better every day. Still needs improvement though.

#5872 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

One source of major stress in my life has been lifted, hopefully things will look up from now on. I'm about to megadose on Vitamin D2, as per my new doctor's instructions. She's one of the highest rated holistic & western doctors in my area and has helped many people, so I decided to trust her. But I won't take 50,000IU in one sitting...I'll try to puncture the capsule and empty half of it so that I'll only take 25,000, which still seems like a lot for a small person like me. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#5873 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Feeling slightly better today! It's stopped hurting now which probably helps. My face looks quite red with hyperpigmentation but it's all gone flat now with the exception of my forehead where I'm still battling the bumps a bit. Here's hoping for no backwards steps now! I'm hoping I might even be able to cover it properly with make-up soon and actually go out. It would be so nice to rejoin the human race! smile.png

Edited by MoonlitRiver, 01 August 2013 - 01:04 PM.

My Current Treatment Plan

Morning: Lymecycline

Evening: Dianette + Epiduo

Diet: eliminated dairy

My Log: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331567-diary-of-a-three-pronged-attack-my-mission-to-get-clear-skin-and-avoid-roaccutane/#entry3369787 

Acne status: essentially clear and just waiting for hyperpigmentation to fade

"I would rather learn what it feels like to burn than feel nothing at all." ~ Ron Pope

#5874 Bodie81

Bodie81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Left side of my face is clear apart from one or two fading blemishes. However the right side of my face and neck is still a bit of a problem. The cyst on my cheek is still going strong and is now taking on a deep shade of purple. I know from past experience that these critters take a long time to go and leave hp for weeks afterwards. Still got one or two active zits on my neck as well.

Looking forward to tomorrow. It is Brighton Pride day and on a Saturday afternoon, I do voluntary work in a charity shop for a local charity. The shop is in a road where there are a lot of events taking place so should be fun and we should have one or two "interesting" customers. Quite a big turnaround for me as earlier in the week, there was no way I was going to go into work tomorrow.

I know I don`t look great right now but at least I`m feeling less anxious than I did earlier in the week. It`s hard but sometimes you just have to be brave, put yourself out there and crack on with things.

#5875 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi guys. I don't post much anymore because things are mostly the same. But I wanted to report that I didn't break out AT ALL this past month, including with ovulation and before/during my period. I don't think that has happened....ever?

An entire month with zero acne? And I ate whatever I wanted this month, including sour cream, potatoes, etc. Things that always broke me out in the past. I even had a few bites of a gluten-free pizza from a restaurant that has gluten...something I never would have done. Nothing happened.

I think my eating disorder must have just weakened my digestion so bad that I couldn't digest anything for a long time, and this made me react to food and get acne. It's crazy but once I started eating everything again, my body slowly began learning how to process stuff. I guess this is why so many people who constantly eat junk seem to always have clear skin and so many people who are giving up food groups to heal end up with more acne. I don't know exactly what the answer is... but for me, eating a little bit of a huge variety of foods and not worrying about it seems to be the answer.... Along with properly medicating my skin, of  course. But I think it's only a small part of it because in the past, I still always reacted to foods and broke out even while using the regimen... now... honestly this is the most perfect-looking skin I've ever had. I'm not trying to brag about it, but it's amazing and I used to have such horrible acne even 1 year ago. I can only pray it gives some of you guys hope.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#5876 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I feel better today...I got my blood tests back and I don't have diabetes, so that's good. Still couldn't find the cause of my numbness, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with
both my hands numb, and sometimes my feet
and back of my head. Scary.  I'm starting a
mega dose of D2 as the doctor prescribed to
see if that will help my skin and the other
symptoms. If the numbness doesn't subside,
then I have to see a neurologist....I'm really
hoping it's all stress related and nothing more. 

That happens to me as well waking up with my arms,hands and legs numb. It is strange usually takes awhile for the feeling to come back, never thought it was related to diabeties tho. It may be stress related cause im pretty sure I have chronic stress. Damn it now I'm paranoid about diabetes.

Maybe it's bad circulation? Mine has gotten worse lately...I'm guessing stress isn't helping at all. Have you tried any yoga positions before bed to get the blood flowing?

#5877 kevindreed

kevindreed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Im super happy with my skin. My whole life has changed dramatically. and I feel like a huge rock has been lifted off my shoulders.

#5878 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Felt great waking up this morning to only two active spots on my entire face! The rest of my face still has pigmentation but my skin is smooth apart from two relatively small spots! This is pretty much unheard of for me. I've never been so close to clear unless I took antibiotics for my skin. I'm only a little over a month on the regimen so I'm braced for breakouts to keep happening for a while longer, but I'm feeling great right now :) 

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#5879 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

One of my closest friend left our college for a semester abroad program to Dubai yesterday.They made it a whiskey night.He hugged me and said "For friendship's sake".I couldn't say no for obvious reasons.I ended up drinking 9 pegs.With a pathetic hangover i'm typing this.I'm going to have an even pathetic breakout now.Because i know it for a fact that alcohol sabotages my skin.How am i supposed to avoid such inevitable situations? :(

#5880 moodymoody

moodymoody

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

I have all things on my face.not good, cry over..but always smile outside cry inside err

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users