Photo

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7152 replies to this topic

#5401 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Sleep is good for my acne.But how can i sleep when there are ferocious cats purring in my neighborhood :/

#5402 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA
    Just things in general I guess

Being cool with people

Trying to get through this thing called life man

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

its whatever I'm used to being ugly. Actually I haven't broke out too bad for a while (just small stuff that goes away after a couple of days) I think because I cut out milk like 3 months ago. I love milk tho neutral.gif

#5403 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

2 weeks high intake of calories has gotten me almost
5 pounds , if I continue ill be able to reach 20 lb in
a 2 months period.

#5404 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

its whatever I'm used to being ugly. Actually I haven't broke out too bad for a while (just small stuff that goes away after a couple of days) I think because I cut out milk like 3 months ago. I love milk tho neutral.gif

You're too hard on yourself Frank.  There is in beauty in everyone, trust me

Oh dear. Don't even ask! 

Major breakout and happened so suddenly, must be going through my hormonal spike.

I need a new game plan. Nothing is working long-term and I need to clear this up, my confidence is slowly returning to 0.

Do I;

• Try the regimen again - I have never truly committed to the regimen and I never really followed it well. I used way too much BP, way too fast and the moisturiser I used contained SA and wasn't really moisturising at all.
  • Go see my doctor about being referred to a derm - I'm thinking low-dose accutane? I'm not sure.
  • Go natural
  • Give up

Help guys! smile.png

If you're gonna do the Regimen, you have to follow it 100% or you'll never know if it can work for you.  Also, you seem to change up your regimen a lot so stick with whatever you decide for at least 3 months (even longer if its natural).  I know how frustrating it can be so keep your head up.

Hating my acne as always.  Some days it seems to get better and other days it seems to be spiraling out of control.  Today the redness and acne was just too much.  Almost stayed home from work but changed my mind.  Gotta find ways to enjoy my life which is fabulous in its own way, even with acne.

#5405 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I feel two spots coming on and I started to spot treat right away. I still get really nervous about my skin because going of BC and having PCOS, I am more prone to having my acne come back. I'm a very anxious and nervous person so it is kinda stresses me out some times. I'm glad people have been really nice about it though by telling me great my skin looks. I just can't shake the feeling sometimes that it could come back. 

#5406 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I just got home from the 4 day festival I went to (Bonnaroo! :P )! It was super fun and my face literally became super clear after the first day. I'm not sure why.

Anyway....I felt so good not worrying about my skin and not looking at it in the mirror intensely for 4 days. It made me think that I need to stop coming to acne.org. I need a break. I'm going to take it off of my bookmarks. I need to stop thinking about it so much. I start eating whole-food vegan tomorrow (I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now), and I'm excited about a new step in my life. My goals are to run a half marathon by next year and to read more books and just be more productive in general. Acne pulls me down and I let it. My life is much more than my face and positivity is so important for my overall happiness. I can't focus on my acne so much anymore. So, maybe I'll be back one day but I must move on for now. Bye ya'll! :D Good luck with everything! You're all beautiful and deserve to feel that way!

#5407 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

I just got home from the 4 day festival I went to (Bonnaroo! tongue.png )! It was super fun and my face literally became super clear after the first day. I'm not sure why.

Anyway....I felt so good not worrying about my skin and not looking at it in the mirror intensely for 4 days. It made me think that I need to stop coming to acne.org. I need a break. I'm going to take it off of my bookmarks. I need to stop thinking about it so much. I start eating whole-food vegan tomorrow (I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now), and I'm excited about a new step in my life. My goals are to run a half marathon by next year and to read more books and just be more productive in general. Acne pulls me down and I let it. My life is much more than my face and positivity is so important for my overall happiness. I can't focus on my acne so much anymore. So, maybe I'll be back one day but I must move on for now. Bye ya'll! biggrin.png Good luck with everything! You're all beautiful and deserve to feel that way!

Aw, this is sad news. :( I wish you the best with your journey, you'll definitely be missed here! 

#5408 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

I find myself in this thread too often, but here it goes again, rant time!

For the past few days I've noticed a few small pustules around my lips, ugh. I'm going to blame that on a new baking soda toothpaste I use, because I've never had these before.

Also my 'truly gentle' cleanser is awful. In consistency and how my face feels afterwards. There's definitely something in there that's drying. Pretty sure my skin doesn't like foaming cleansers at all. Back to Cetaphil!

Going to order Dan's BP as soon as I find a decent enough moisturiser...which is hard for me.

#5409 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I just got home from the 4 day festival I went to (Bonnaroo! tongue.png )! It was super fun and my face literally became super clear after the first day. I'm not sure why.

Anyway....I felt so good not worrying about my skin and not looking at it in the mirror intensely for 4 days. It made me think that I need to stop coming to acne.org. I need a break. I'm going to take it off of my bookmarks. I need to stop thinking about it so much. I start eating whole-food vegan tomorrow (I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now), and I'm excited about a new step in my life. My goals are to run a half marathon by next year and to read more books and just be more productive in general. Acne pulls me down and I let it. My life is much more than my face and positivity is so important for my overall happiness. I can't focus on my acne so much anymore. So, maybe I'll be back one day but I must move on for now. Bye ya'll! biggrin.png Good luck with everything! You're all beautiful and deserve to feel that way!

Aww. Byes. :(

#5410 NinjaDino4

NinjaDino4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Acne sucks. I wasn't all the conscious about it until my little brother brought it up. AGAIN. I was just sitting on the couch trying to watch TV. My whole entire family was in the room;my sister, 2 brothers and my mom. He walks up to me and says "What is that on your face? Pimple, Pimple, Pimple. He then proceeds to laugh. He does that crap all the time. Then my mom is like 'you should really go see a doctor and get that fixed.' I get she wants to be helpful, but I have a terrible self esteem and hate talking about this kind of stuff. She has no damn right pointing it out in my view, she has never had acne except maybe one or two now at age 33. Then they start talking about my acne. I couldn't handle it so I started telling my mom how it was bothering me on how they were commenting on it, especially my brother. I started crying because it hurt me so much. She said "he is only eight years old, he doesn't know better." Bull crap. I don't have to deal with this at school, why should I have to deal with it at home?

#5411 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

One pimple on my forehead.

#5412 AbstractFactory

AbstractFactory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Acne sucks. I wasn't all the conscious about it until my little brother brought it up. AGAIN. I was just sitting on the couch trying to watch TV. My whole entire family was in the room;my sister, 2 brothers and my mom. He walks up to me and says "What is that on your face? Pimple, Pimple, Pimple. He then proceeds to laugh. He does that crap all the time. Then my mom is like 'you should really go see a doctor and get that fixed.' I get she wants to be helpful, but I have a terrible self esteem and hate talking about this kind of stuff. She has no damn right pointing it out in my view, she has never had acne except maybe one or two now at age 33. Then they start talking about my acne. I couldn't handle it so I started telling my mom how it was bothering me on how they were commenting on it, especially my brother. I started crying because it hurt me so much. She said "he is only eight years old, he doesn't know better." Bull crap. I don't have to deal with this at school, why should I have to deal with it at home?

Next time he starts just flush his head down the toilet.

#5413 AmbitiousOne

AmbitiousOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, listening to music, being surrounded by positivity and helping others

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Feeling good! Will be going on Eurotrip for three months!!! :) Will be MIA from this forum for quite a while, I guess :)!

HUGS!!!

#5414 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

Glad you are feeling much better about yourself, a shame you are leaving the site now though, have really appreciated all your support with regards to telling my husband what I'm going through with acne. Best of luck for the future lovely lady :)

#5415 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks guys, :D I may be back, but for now, life must go on! haha You have all been so helpful to me and I'm so grateful for that. Ibiza, I'm glad I could help you. Support is what it's all about!

#5416 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I feel two spots coming on and I started to spot treat right away. I still get really nervous about my skin because going of BC and having PCOS, I am more prone to having my acne come back. I'm a very anxious and nervous person so it is kinda stresses me out some times. I'm glad people have been really nice about it though by telling me great my skin looks. I just can't shake the feeling sometimes that it could come back. 

I hear ya girl.  It's like a vicious cycle and sometimes the emotional side of acne can be almost as bad as the phsyical.  You are beautiful either way as your inside is a blessing to others.

Don't Worry

#5417 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

No offense, but it sounds like your mom is making excuses because she's too lazy to properly parent your little brother. If that was her attitude about his behavior then it doesn't surprise me that he acts like this--he hasn't been taught better. Eight years old is more than old enough to understand love and compassion. He needs to be taught these things. If I were you, I would ask your Mom to sit down with you and talk to him about how to be more sensitive and caring. Ask him how he would feel if someone was mean to him and hurt his feelings. Explain that acne is a painful medical condition, like a rash, that many people feel sensitive about. It may not seem like you're getting through to him at first, but as long as he's a relatively normal kid (and not a sociopath), these conversations will stick with him and help shape him into a better person over time.

Me: I'm breaking out a little but nothing bad at all. I'm nearing the end of my California trip and it's been a really awesome trip so far! I saw the ocean, I got a lot of sunshine, I saw friends and family and had some really special times with two of my best friends... today one of them took me shooting and I got to shoot an AR15 assault rifle. :D HELLS YES. If you guys want to feel more powerful than you've ever felt, get a freaking assault rifle. My friend knows a lot about guns and has a whole bunch of awesome ones. He gave me a whole safety course and taught me about loading and basic weaponry...it was one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. I think it kind of relates to acne too in a way, because we all feel so powerless and out of control and when you're shooting a gun (especially a big, bad ass war machine like that) for a second the world is under YOUR control...you could take anyone out who stands in your way...no one and nothing can stop you or make you do anything. YOU have the power. It's amazing.

Here's a picture of me with my new love if you're interested, lol

http://25.media.tumb...oqnpoo1_500.jpg

Seriously considering saving up my money and getting me one of these babies before too long here... especially considering the bastard government might make them illegal at some point. Jeez, people change so much. I used to be this peaceful little hippie who was against hunting and guns and all of that. I'm like the total opposite now and I'm LOVING the way it makes me feel. I've been through a lot of shit and I'm a hell of a lot tougher for it!

Anyways back to skin... the reason I'm breaking out a little is I've stopped being very cautious since I've been on this trip. I decided (reaffirmed, rather) that nothing is more important than getting over this eating disorder that I have. I've been pushing recovery more and more and every time I get comfortable I start pushing again. On this trip I ate potatoes without giving a shit if they break me out (they do, but it's mild and totally worth it), I ate a regular corn chip that wasn't organic or even guaranteed to be gluten free...decided I just don't care anymore. Nothing much happened. I ate REGULAR, non organic/special storebought salsa and hot sauce... SCREW IT. I am a bad ass bitch. :) (lol this stuff is NOT bad ass and no one probably understands unless you've had an ED but to me it's HUGE). My main goal now is to be able to eat at some restaurants again. I'm planning on trying some of those gluten-digesting enzymes that are supposed to help break down gluten in case you accidentally ingest some. I'll always eat gluten free, but my goal is now to be able to eat at restaurants without worrying about cross contamination. I'm hoping taking some of these enzymes before/after the meal will deal with any trace gluten that might get in. So hopefully, I can be somewhat normal and not have to live in fear anymore.

Either way, it's kind of amazing how far the "fuck it" attitude can take you. ;) I'm serious though. When you say screw it, it's worth it and don't care about the consequences, you release yourself from so much stress and half the time that seems to stop the breakouts somehow anyway. Maybe it's a manifestation thing, I don't know. I think a lot just depends on how your body is doing that day, how well you digest something.

But yeah, it's crazy how much I've changed. I'm a completely different person than I was a year ago. The fact that such change can happen and that you are always free to become someone new gives me more hope for life than anything else.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 18 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#5418 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

I recently came to our other home with my parents because of some work of my dad's .And only the next day i have a new inflammation on my left temple.Is it because of the hot weather here? Or is it because of the air conditioners we run here? I HATE COMING TO THIS CITY :(

#5419 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Oh god. I'm literally in breakout city right now. One whitehead comes up, one goes down, one gets bigger and it's just a never ending cycle!

I don't know what to do...I've almost gone into a mode of ignorance when it comes to them..

AND as I make this post a 'Freederm' commercial comes on about their new spot treatment and all of the actors in it have the most flawless skin. -_-

Edited by LewisS, 19 June 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#5420 AbstractFactory

AbstractFactory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Here's a picture of me with my new love if you're interested, lol

http://25.media.tumb...oqnpoo1_500.jpg

Seriously considering saving up my money and getting me one of these babies before too long here... especially considering the bastard government might make them illegal at some point. Jeez, people change so much. I used to be this peaceful little hippie who was against hunting and guns and all of that. I'm like the total opposite now and I'm LOVING the way it makes me feel. I've been through a lot of shit and I'm a hell of a lot tougher for it!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. How could you get one of those after what's happened in your schools over there I don't know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users