#5103 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

I am posting way too much on this board. Procrastination....

Lilly75, what about topicals? Tazorac worked miracles for my cystic acne! I am glad that at least my acne isn't painful anymore...

Also, I don't know how many of you are under 25, but good news! I just found out that adult acne is over 25 only, and there's still a chance that my hormones will balance out and acne will stop being a problem within the next couple of years. That's so exciting! I hope I don't have adult acne :\

Haha I waste too much time on here too sometimes...

I didn't actually talk to my doctor about topicals... I've used Duac in the past and other BP based products / gels - they did help but I was only ever clear completely if I used them with antibiotics. My skin doesn't seem to respond as well to SA as it does to BP. But I'll remember to ask about other topicals when I see my GP again in a few weeks. (Thanks for reminding me! :P

#5104 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Feel utterly miserable with my skin, as well as totally disgusted and ashamed. Have been suffering for 20 years, wondering if there will be an end to it. Even my make up looks a mess due to unevenness of my complexion, wondering when I will be able to look in the mirror and feel happy. Thinking if the scars were removed that would be a start, although at age 31 I am still having loads of active acne plus ridiculously greasy skin :(

Also constantly torturing myself about my husband's potential thoughts about my skin: whether he thinks it's my fault I have this condition, whether he's thinking I am not helping myself, whether he finds my skin disgusting. Yet I can't face talking to him about the problem because I'm terrified he will say something I don't want to hear. In the past my family rejected me and made me feel unlovable due to my skin, so it really would be the end of the world if my husband did the same. Just want to cry but trying to be strong as I am staying with some friends today.

#5105 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

I got a lot of breakouts from eating corn and bread.... they got worse overnight. :( It's REALLY hard not to go back to my eating disorder when there are real consequences from enjoying food like this.

#5106 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Feel utterly miserable with my skin, as well as totally disgusted and ashamed. Have been suffering for 20 years, wondering if there will be an end to it. Even my make up looks a mess due to unevenness of my complexion, wondering when I will be able to look in the mirror and feel happy. Thinking if the scars were removed that would be a start, although at age 31 I am still having loads of active acne plus ridiculously greasy skin sad.png

Also constantly torturing myself about my husband's potential thoughts about my skin: whether he thinks it's my fault I have this condition, whether he's thinking I am not helping myself, whether he finds my skin disgusting. Yet I can't face talking to him about the problem because I'm terrified he will say something I don't want to hear. In the past my family rejected me and made me feel unlovable due to my skin, so it really would be the end of the world if my husband did the same. Just want to cry but trying to be strong as I am staying with some friends today.

Hey there :) I bet that you would be surprised at the level of support you can get from someone who loves you. I was afraid to bring up my skin to my boyfriend of 6 years and when I did, it was such a load off my mind. It's like getting rid of the elephant in the room. I hope you feel better :)

I got a lot of breakouts from eating corn and bread.... they got worse overnight. sad.png It's REALLY hard not to go back to my eating disorder when there are real consequences from enjoying food like this.

Eating disorders are far too easy to slip back into. It's happened to me quite a few times-- especially when you can rationalize the disorder with physical consequences such as acne. My obsession was also acne-based and then just generally "health" based. Little did I know that while my body was "healthy," my mind was so sick. I hope you overcome this.

Face update: Feeling...decent. While my overall skintone is "peaches and cream," it makes the red marks SO easy to see. All I want is for all of my pre-existing red marks to just fade away into nonexistence. Coconut oil is helping, though :) I just wish I could do absolutely NOTHING and it would all go away. Wishful thinking! haha

#5107 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Feel utterly miserable with my skin, as well as totally disgusted and ashamed. Have been suffering for 20 years, wondering if there will be an end to it. Even my make up looks a mess due to unevenness of my complexion, wondering when I will be able to look in the mirror and feel happy. Thinking if the scars were removed that would be a start, although at age 31 I am still having loads of active acne plus ridiculously greasy skin sad.png

Hey there smile.png I bet that you would be surprised at the level of support you can get from someone who loves you. I was afraid to bring up my skin to my boyfriend of 6 years and when I did, it was such a load off my mind. It's like getting rid of the elephant in the room. I hope you feel better smile.png

>I got a lot of breakouts from eating corn and bread.... they got worse overnight. sad.png It's REALLY hard not to go back to my eating disorder when there are real consequences from enjoying food like this.

Eating disorders are far too easy to slip back into. It's happened to me quite a few times-- especially when you can rationalize the disorder with physical consequences such as acne. My obsession was also acne-based and then just generally "health" based. Little did I know that while my body was "healthy," my mind was so sick. I hope you overcome this.

Face update: Feeling...decent. While my overall skintone is "peaches and cream," it makes the red marks SO easy to see. All I want is for all of my pre-existing red marks to just fade away into nonexistence. Coconut oil is helping, though smile.png I just wish I could do absolutely NOTHING and it would all go away. Wishful thinking! haha

Hi there,

Thanks for responding to my rant! I hate wallowing in self pity but acne (plus a nasty family) just all gets too much sometimes.

You are lovely looking, actually saw your photos the other day and remember thinking you cover your acne so well! Not that your skin is even bad, but with make up it seriously looks flawless! You have that lovely skin tone, mine is very olive/yellow so find it hard to find the right foundation shades for me. Plus foundation seems to settle into my large pores/minimal scars. Hate it, and it's disturbing to think that other people might be thinking I am crap at applying my make up and that I could do better. Urgh.

But yeah, it's going to be tough having the talk with my husband because if he reacts badly then it will be horrendous for me. But I'm sick and tired of there being an elephant in the room so I guess an hour or two of severe emotional pain whilst I tell him will be worth having it out in the open, plus he will understand why I act 'weird' sometimes. Like covering myself with my hair and not sitting near him during a bad outbreak. Oh, and sex with the lights off so he can't see my face! Crazy, when most people do that due to thinking they're fat - for me the thought of him looking at my bad skin is just too much but I'm totally okay with my body!

I am scared of hearing him admit whether he does notice my awful skin, and whether it bothers him. Also, whether he thinks I'm doing something to myself to have bad skin. At least he can't blame my diet though as he knows I am a fruit & veg o-holic! Hopefully like your man, he will be supportive when I tell him.

#5108 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

To the acne fraternity,

Had to attend my cousin's wedding so i'm in this new town where the temperature is inhumane! It was 49 degrees celsius today.I sweated a lot and it has made my skin crap again.I was really jovial all this time because of my clear skin.My happiness is never long lasting.I am just a month shy of 21,everyday i wonder when my ordeal is going to end.Everyday i go out and look around myself,i see people working under the unforgiving sun and still having perfect blemish free skin.I mean this is ridiculous! Seems nature has a grudge against me :/ . Recently, insensitive comments from my other wise sensitive parents added not only insult to injury but FIRE to my injury.I was drying my face with a towel so my mother said "Make sure it is clean,because then you'll complain about acne".AS IF I AM NOT PARTICULAR ABOUT MY CLEANLINESS! ARGHH IT gets on my nerves. When it comes to hygiene i am immaculate. 

I know all i do is crib and cry about my acne.But this place is an amazing place to vent out your frustration.I feel happy when i type posts here.The people here form an adorable family of considerate members :).The only message i have for my dear acne sufferer friends is "Hold tight,slog,be patient.We'll be through and through" :)

Love ya all :)

#5109 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

But I'm NOT healthy. How could a healthy body not even be able to handle a little ground corn or pizza crust without getting red puss-filled sores all over the face?

#5110 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

But I'm NOT healthy. How could a healthy body not even be able to handle a little ground corn or pizza crust without getting red puss-filled sores all over the face?

I suppose that's why I put "healthy" in quotes...but just because your body doesn't like certain foods, doesn't mean it's unhealthy. It's an allergy... someone who is allergic to peanuts isn't unhealthy. Corn is hard for us to digest...all that cellulose is hard on our bodies. Some of us have more E. coli to help us digest it better. I wish I knew the answer as to why it causes your breakouts, though.  I know how frustrating it can be when you feel like you're finally clear and then it goes to crap again.

#5111 skinnie

skinnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

I got a clarisonic mia today! My MCAT is on Thursday; I really hope I do well. (So much more important than my acne, ya'll. I've been studying for almost a year!) 

#5112 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Drunk all day

#5113 Ries

Ries

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Video games

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

My acne is still bad but I'm not gonna mourn about it

It just kinda pisses me off that when my mom and I watched TV one day, she made a remark how this one singer would be so beautiful if it weren't for her weight problems. I didn't react at all but I was offended by that because it's like someone told me that I would be handsome if I have no acne.

Thanks for crushing my confidence mom

#5114 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

I got a clarisonic mia today! My MCAT is on Thursday; I really hope I do well. (So much more important than my acne, ya'll. I've been studying for almost a year!) 

Good luck with your MCAT!!

A couple of my friends recently sat their GAMSAT (similar to MCAT I guess) so I've been with them through it and seen how long they'd been studying and the stress it created at times. We all went out to dinner after their exam to celebrate it being over :) 

Hope it goes well for you!

#5115 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

I've been feeling horrible lately.  It's really frustrating because I thought I had the regimen working perfectly but then they decide they want to come back worse than ever.  Now I'm in a panic trying other stuff and nothing is working!  Working in public sucks!  I need a new job where I see nobody.

#5116 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

I'm gonna be taking Androcur together with Diane-35. It's supposed to be a bigger dose of cyproterone, a steroidal anti-androgen. Otherwise, my face is a mess now and on the top of that I got a rib bone fracture which hurts like hell whatever movement I make. Couldn't even put on my own socks this morning. 

#5117 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for responding to my rant! I hate wallowing in self pity but acne (plus a nasty family) just all gets too much sometimes.

You are lovely looking, actually saw your photos the other day and remember thinking you cover your acne so well! Not that your skin is even bad, but with make up it seriously looks flawless! You have that lovely skin tone, mine is very olive/yellow so find it hard to find the right foundation shades for me. Plus foundation seems to settle into my large pores/minimal scars. Hate it, and it's disturbing to think that other people might be thinking I am crap at applying my make up and that I could do better. Urgh.

But yeah, it's going to be tough having the talk with my husband because if he reacts badly then it will be horrendous for me. But I'm sick and tired of there being an elephant in the room so I guess an hour or two of severe emotional pain whilst I tell him will be worth having it out in the open, plus he will understand why I act 'weird' sometimes. Like covering myself with my hair and not sitting near him during a bad outbreak. Oh, and sex with the lights off so he can't see my face! Crazy, when most people do that due to thinking they're fat - for me the thought of him looking at my bad skin is just too much but I'm totally okay with my body!

I am scared of hearing him admit whether he does notice my awful skin, and whether it bothers him. Also, whether he thinks I'm doing something to myself to have bad skin. At least he can't blame my diet though as he knows I am a fruit & veg o-holic! Hopefully like your man, he will be supportive when I tell him.

I turn the lights off too if I've already washed my makeup off! It's embarrassing...especially because I'm 22 and should be all about having sex with the lights on. Oh well :( haha

Even if he does notice your skin, he probably looks right past it. It's just like noticing that someone's hair is messed up or that they have a birthmark. It doesn't change the actual person, and it's really easy to look past. At least that's how I feel when I see someone with acne. Even if I know it's there-- especially if it's on someone I love-- I literally don't even notice it after a while. Something that may make your husband notice it even more is the fact that you've never talked about it. Sometimes talking about something makes it not such a big deal and it's easier to move on and focus on other things. I hope it goes well for you!! :D

#5118 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hi there,

I turn the lights off too if I've already washed my makeup off! It's embarrassing...especially because I'm 22 and should be all about having sex with the lights on. Oh well sad.png haha

Even if he does notice your skin, he probably looks right past it. It's just like noticing that someone's hair is messed up or that they have a birthmark. It doesn't change the actual person, and it's really easy to look past. At least that's how I feel when I see someone with acne. Even if I know it's there-- especially if it's on someone I love-- I literally don't even notice it after a while. Something that may make your husband notice it even more is the fact that you've never talked about it. Sometimes talking about something makes it not such a big deal and it's easier to move on and focus on other things. I hope it goes well for you!! biggrin.png

Yes, I try to tell myself he wouldn't have married me if he was THAT bothered by my acne. The shame and humiliation when you have skin issues is just overwhelming sometimes though. Other people's past reactions to it are why I am like this - my family, 'friends', school kids, work colleagues etc would all make me feel bad for having acne, some bullied me severely. My husband is a good guy though, but the fact is no matter how nice he is lets face it - acne is never an attractive thing, also there are just so many myths out there as to what causes spots and even the most intelligent people believe these. Such as the bad diet thing - that's the one that irks me most as my diet is very clean but looking at my skin you'd think I ate at McDonalds daily and was a meth addict :(.

But yeah it sucks having to turn the lights off, another thing I hate is if my husband comes in the bathroom and sees me after I've just washed my face, everything tends to go really red after a shower, oh the shame! 

#5119 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

My acne is still bad but I'm not gonna mourn about it

It just kinda pisses me off that when my mom and I watched TV one day, she made a remark how this one singer would be so beautiful if it weren't for her weight problems. I didn't react at all but I was offended by that because it's like someone told me that I would be handsome if I have no acne.

Thanks for crushing my confidence mom

Ugh. I hate when people say things like that. A beautiful person is a beautiful person, PERIOD.

I'm gonna be taking Androcur together with Diane-35. It's supposed to be a bigger dose of cyproterone, a steroidal anti-androgen. Otherwise, my face is a mess now and on the top of that I got a rib bone fracture which hurts like hell whatever movement I make. Couldn't even put on my own socks this morning. 

Ouch! How did that happen? I'm sorry, I hurt my neck a while back and could barely move. Totally understand how frustrating that is. I hope you feel better quick.

#5120 Gillianbb

Gillianbb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I really get lost:( people around me cant understand the feeling of having acnes. I didnt go to sch and gym today.I dunno wht the hell I m doing.

I thought regime can help me to clear it, but it seems no improvement.Acnes come back again.I hate myself and I hate my acnes.I dunno what I should do.

I really have lots of stress, sch , career, social life and also my outlook.I sometimes feel the world is so bad and the reality is so evil.I cant stop my depressed and I

dunno what to do. I feel alone to face acne.It seems everyone's skin is better than mine.And I am not ugliest person is this reality. I visited the dermologist

before.What they want is money and sell the expensive products to you.Hey acne is also a kind of skin disease.Why you guys can be so realistic and can you guys

called yourself as a doctor??If I got a cold, I can get medicine to recover.But, if I got acnes,I cant get anything but the expensive products and useless antibiotic.I

just wondered what the lesson God wanna teach me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users