Photo

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7151 replies to this topic

#4981 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

I sure do! I've enjoyed the show so far, but I agree that the books are far more detailed and there's just SO much content to work with there, so I think they're doing a good job of weaving the narratives together. My favorites characters in the books and the show are Tyrion Lannister & Daenerys Targaryen. I just finished reading A Dance with Dragons a few months ago, and there were so many cliffhangers at the end it just left me craving more ASAP, haha. I can't wait until the new book Winds of Winter comes out. Personally I wanna see a Targaryen sit the Iron Throne tongue.png

It will probably take a while, until G R R Martin finishes it, think if he actually dies and we'll never find out what happens next biggrin.png
My favourites are Jaime and Tyrion Lannisters, Arya Stark, Daenerys too, but I'm not sure if I want her to sit the Iron Throne - I generally don't like the idea of conquerors coming with superior weapons you can't defence against (dragons) and forcing you bend the knee, though there probably would be some people loyal to Targaryens supporting her. But I don't really think the throne is hers by the right, her father was hated and ousted by the will of people, so I think that it actually belongs to a Baratheon, in this case, Stannis. Also, there's always a risk Dany has the Targaryen madness in her, which would show more with older age. She enjoys burning people too, doesn't she biggrin.png
Well, but to choose from Cersei and Dany it's obvious who wins biggrin.png Though I like the little Tommen, poor boy.

Oops when it comes to GoT I can start babbling and get too much into it biggrin.png

Edited by Pianina, 07 May 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#4982 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I sure do! I've enjoyed the show so far, but I agree that the books are far more detailed and there's just SO much content to work with there, so I think they're doing a good job of weaving the narratives together. My favorites characters in the books and the show are Tyrion Lannister & Daenerys Targaryen. I just finished reading A Dance with Dragons a few months ago, and there were so many cliffhangers at the end it just left me craving more ASAP, haha. I can't wait until the new book Winds of Winter comes out. Personally I wanna see a Targaryen sit the Iron Throne tongue.png

It will probably take a while, until G R R Martin finishes it, think if he actually dies and we'll never find out what happens next biggrin.png
My favourites are Jaime and Tyrion Lannisters, Arya Stark, Daenerys too, but I'm not sure if I want her to sit the Iron Throne - I generally don't like the idea of conquerors coming with superior weapons you can't defence against (dragons) and forcing you bend the knee, though there probably would be some people loyal to Targaryens supporting her. But I don't really think the throne is hers by the right, her father was hated and ousted by the will of people, so I think that it actually belongs to a Baratheon, in this case, Stannis. Also, there's always a risk Dany has the Targaryen madness in her, which would show more with older age. She enjoys burning people too, doesn't she biggrin.png
Well, but to choose from Cersei and Dany it's obvious who wins biggrin.png Though I like the little Tommen, poor boy.

Oops when it comes to GoT I can start babbling and get too much into it biggrin.png

haha don't feel bad, I could talk about GoT all day too, it brings out my inner nerd tongue.png I used to hate Jamie's arrogance, but after his capture he's become such a fully realized character, like I love his path of redemption and the way he's developed an unlikely friendship with Brienne. I guess the reason I like Targaryens so much is because Daenerys has beaten the odds in so many ways. Viserys was such a little scumball and The Mad King's reputation precedes him, but Daenerys has this sense of honor that makes her really easy to sympathize with, and to see her kinda restore glory to the Targaryen name is something I can get behind. You make a good point though, the Targaryen madness might strike her as she gets older...you never know with the house of Fire & Blood tongue.png

Stannis's storyline is another favorite of mine. The grim brother that no one really wants as their king, and yet he still perseveres out of his sense of duty to the realm. He's got some natural badass characteristics, too. 

haha I agree about Cersei too. I think it comes back to that quote from Tyrion "Your only redeeming quality is the fact that you love your children. That...and your cheekbones." tongue.png

Skin update: Got my BP today! wooo. can't wait to start the Regimen tonight.

Edited by FlaggLives, 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#4983 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

haha don't feel bad, I could talk about GoT all day too, it brings out my inner nerd tongue.png I used to hate Jamie's arrogance, but after his capture he's become such a fully realized character, like I love his path of redemption and the way he's developed an unlikely friendship with Brienne. I guess the reason I like Targaryens so much is because Daenerys has beaten the odds in so many ways. Viserys was such a little scumball and The Mad King's reputation precedes him, but Daenerys has this sense of honor that makes her really easy to sympathize with, and to see her kinda restore glory to the Targaryen name is something I can get behind. You make a good point though, the Targaryen madness might strike her as she gets older...you never know with the house of Fire & Blood tongue.png

Stannis's storyline is another favorite of mine. The grim brother that no one really wants as their king, and yet he still perseveres out of his sense of duty to the realm. He's got some natural badass characteristics, too. 

haha I agree about Cersei too. I think it comes back to that quote from Tyrion "Your only redeeming quality is the fact that you love your children. That...and your cheekbones." tongue.png

Nicely said about each of them, especially Daenerys! That is very much like I perceive these characters too, though I can't put it so well in words. 
Btw, a random thing - my boyfriend doesn't read the books, only follows the series. He's all cheering for Robb and lately he's very worried about him and hopes that he'll makes some better moves towards kicking Lannister's ass. I try to keep a poker face on, but inside I'm all like "muhahaha, soon you shall see" rubbing my hands with an evil grin on my face :D Just can't wait to see boyfriend's face and a jaw drop... You probably know when :D 

#4984 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nicely said about each of them, especially Daenerys! That is very much like I perceive these characters too, though I can't put it so well in words. 
Btw, a random thing - my boyfriend doesn't read the books, only follows the series. He's all cheering for Robb and lately he's very worried about him and hopes that he'll makes some better moves towards kicking Lannister's ass. I try to keep a poker face on, but inside I'm all like "muhahaha, soon you shall see" rubbing my hands with an evil grin on my face biggrin.png Just can't wait to see boyfriend's face and a jaw drop... You probably know when biggrin.png 

haha oh no! He'll probably be surprised when that happens. It shocked me to my core when I read that part. Those damned dirty Freys! *shakes fist* lol 

#4985 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Happy Birthday, Lily! smile.png

Finally, warm weather reached Sweden! I was sitting in the sun after my lectures, read Song of Ice and Fire 4th book and ate ice-cream. Perfect day!

Thank you :)

Also - that sounds like such a lovely day!

#4986 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA
    Just things in general I guess

Being cool with people

Trying to get through this thing called life man

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Broke out a little on my cheek and I don't know why but my scars seem to look worse today. WTF

#4987 S davina

S davina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Pretty horrible. Starting on a new gel which has caused me to break out horribly.. Cystic acne mostly covering the my chin jaw line a bit on my cheeks and for head as well. Haven't been out since Saturday... Missed work today and too he quite honest I don't think I'm going in tomorrow.. Feeling discouraged.

#4988 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Made an appointment to see my GP next week... I guess I'll ask about what I can do for my skin and just see what she says and take her advice on board... Don't know if I should be asking anything specific... I'm actually a little worried about it because as much as I want help with this, I also don't want to talk about it because it's hard for me...

Oh well - it's a little while away still. No use worrying.

#4989 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

I have been getting an hour or two of sun every day for the past few days, and my skin is clear and the red marks are much harder to see due to the tan. Woo!

Note: I have close to an "olive" skin tone, and don't burn. So I can lay in the sun for two hours and not burn, but tan really well. 'spose I'm lucky in that way.

Edited by Exister, 08 May 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#4990 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

I have been getting an hour or two of sun every day for the past few days, and my skin is clear and the red marks are much harder to see due to the tan. Woo!

Note: I have close to an "olive" skin tone, and don't burn. So I can lay in the sun for two hours and not burn, but tan really well. 'spose I'm lucky in that way.

So lucky! If I laid in the sun for two hours, my skin would probably just shrivel up and fall off my body. haha But the sun always helps my skin, too! Which is why I take vitamin D on days that I don't get much. biggrin.png But a tan on my legs usually helps hide any sort of stretch marks that I got during the fun times of puberty-- so I totally understand how a tan would help hide red marks! tongue.png Cool!

Skin update: I've been removing my makeup with oil at night and just rinsing with water in the morning-- and my overall texture is so lovely :D But I've broken out a little more than I usually do with some whiteheads. booo.. I thought that all my blackheads were gone from using Paula's Choice BHA...but every time I use the oil on my face, I can feel more of the plugs coming out and leaving me with very soft skin where usually I have rough patches. Anyway, not sure if anyone reads my posts....it seems like there's just a few people who respond to each other on this thread. haha My words kind of drift off in the wind here... :P

Edited by heitea, 08 May 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#4991 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

So lucky! If I laid in the sun for two hours, my skin would probably just shrivel up and fall off my body. haha But the sun always helps my skin, too! Which is why I take vitamin D on days that I don't get much. biggrin.png But a tan on my legs usually helps hide any sort of stretch marks that I got during the fun times of puberty-- so I totally understand how a tan would help hide red marks! tongue.png Cool!

Skin update: I've been removing my makeup with oil at night and just rinsing with water in the morning-- and my overall texture is so lovely biggrin.png But I've broken out a little more than I usually do with some whiteheads. booo.. I thought that all my blackheads were gone from using Paula's Choice BHA...but every time I use the oil on my face, I can feel more of the plugs coming out and leaving me with very soft skin where usually I have rough patches. Anyway, not sure if anyone reads my posts....it seems like there's just a few people who respond to each other on this thread. haha My words kind of drift off in the wind here... tongue.png

I read them! :) When I'm on anyway. Be careful with oil cleansing. That totally ruined my skin after a week or two. At first the results were amazing, but then I broke out horribly and started getting these really bad infections in my face. I personally think you need to wash your face with soap (you as in, everyone not just YOU lol) but that's just me. Different things work for different people but personally I would never try oil cleansing again after my horrid experience with it.

My skin: Doing okay. Still having the breakout from the kefir. Never touching it again as long as I live. I feel like shit right now because I'm in the process of applying for this writing job for SEARS (big company woohoo) and it's very well paying but sooo stressful. Seriously, I'm doing my app and I almost threw up from the stress. Having to write a large, well-executed piece on the subject of "back up batteries" is enough to make a person want to blow their brains out. So why am I applying to do it as my job again? lol

Oh well... at least they pay you (a measly amount) for the application itself so my time isn't totally wasted if I don't get it.

#4992 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

How am i feeling about my acne.Today? GREAT! Washing with just water has healed my acne! I love the healthy oil on my face! Also iv'e been eating a lot of fish everyday.So perhaps the omega 3 fatty acids are repairing my skin? Yes the high mercury level of the fish is an issue...but to an acne sufferer a zit is mightier than anything!

#4993 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm feeling really optimistic about my skin today. I started the Regimen last night, and I was expecting some possible new breakouts this morning from the BP and such, but my skin hasn't broken out with anything new yet. PLUS that big ugly new one I got on my chin is healing really nicely, I think the Regimen BP jump-started the process too. I hope things continue to go like this!

#4994 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm feeling really optimistic about my skin today. I started the Regimen last night, and I was expecting some possible new breakouts this morning from the BP and such, but my skin hasn't broken out with anything new yet. PLUS that big ugly new one I got on my chin is healing really nicely, I think the Regimen BP jump-started the process too. I hope things continue to go like this!

Yay! So happy for you. Yes yes yes--get on the regimen train with me and sail off into the sunset of clearer skin. It's amazing. I will never put down BP again. I used to think it caused me wrinkles but I think it was just the acne that messed up the collagen in my skin more than anything. Now that I'm clearing up my skin looks a lot younger too. Eat tons of carrots--I swear that helps. :)

ps--You doing a regimen log?

#4995 spartan32

spartan32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

While my regimen keeps me very clear for the most part, I am tired of being a slave to it.  I have been on MANY regimens in my life including Dan's and this 1 is just another bandaid.  If I slack on any part of it, I am prone to breaking out and getting deep cysts.  At almost 26, my acne is clearly never going away so I am saying fuck it and going on Accutane.  The side effects scare me but I think the mental stress and anxiety from acne is far worse than any potential side effects. While it isn't a cure for everyone, it is a cure for many people so I am hoping that I am in that category. A lifetime of dry skin, lips, and eyes >>> a lifetime of constant stress, regimens, and obsessing over when the next breakout is coming.  Hoping for a new beginning.

#4996 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yay! So happy for you. Yes yes yes--get on the regimen train with me and sail off into the sunset of clearer skin. It's amazing. I will never put down BP again. I used to think it caused me wrinkles but I think it was just the acne that messed up the collagen in my skin more than anything. Now that I'm clearing up my skin looks a lot younger too. Eat tons of carrots--I swear that helps. smile.png

ps--You doing a regimen log?

All aboard the Regimen train! :P I love me some carrots, so I'll definitely take your advice there. And yup my Regimen log is up in the Personal Logs section of the forum. I'll probably update again later tonight. That reminds me I should throw up a link to my log in my signature too.

#4997 CrimeinPartner

CrimeinPartner

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Acne, i don't like

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

So i'm getting bloodwork done tomorrow for Accutane. Kinda scared, but i'm just tired of this bullshit. I've been to the doctor before and he recommended it, but i refused because of the side effects. Since then i've tried Paleo diet for months, then i went to other doctors, taken many antibiotics , countless creams, home remedies, you name it at the age of 15. I know how young i am and how serious the drug but i'm sick of it all. This has been going on for 4 years now, please work Accutane.

#4998 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Skin update: I've been removing my makeup with oil at night and just rinsing with water in the morning-- and my overall texture is so lovely biggrin.png But I've broken out a little more than I usually do with some whiteheads. booo.. I thought that all my blackheads were gone from using Paula's Choice BHA...but every time I use the oil on my face, I can feel more of the plugs coming out and leaving me with very soft skin where usually I have rough patches. Anyway, not sure if anyone reads my posts....it seems like there's just a few people who respond to each other on this thread. haha My words kind of drift off in the wind here... tongue.png

haha my skin would do the same thing if I lay out in the sun! I don't go tan ever - just burn. But I've always been careful with sun exposure because of the fact I burn so easily... I don't know why people say the sun or vitamin D helps their skin (never really looked into it) but I usually notice a little improvement in my skin if I have been in the sun for a while. I just assumed the added redness from the sun was helping to hide all the red marks I have :P

Good to hear your skin is doing nicely - hope it continues to improve! I know what you mean about the 'overall' skin texture being nice but there being some problem areas still. Mine has been like that lately - but with A LOT of problem areas / active breakouts unfortunately. But I'm happy at the moment with the skin texture - I've been using a kaolin clay mask (with some other ingredients in there too) and I think that's helping. Besides, I think it's fun to use a mask now and then - like a mini spa / facial at home :P

(Also - I read your posts too! I might not always have something to add or to reply to people's posts but I read everyone's posts here).

#4999 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I read them! smile.png When I'm on anyway. Be careful with oil cleansing. That totally ruined my skin after a week or two. At first the results were amazing, but then I broke out horribly and started getting these really bad infections in my face. I personally think you need to wash your face with soap (you as in, everyone not just YOU lol) but that's just me. Different things work for different people but personally I would never try oil cleansing again after my horrid experience with it.

My skin: Doing okay. Still having the breakout from the kefir. Never touching it again as long as I live. I feel like shit right now because I'm in the process of applying for this writing job for SEARS (big company woohoo) and it's very well paying but sooo stressful. Seriously, I'm doing my app and I almost threw up from the stress. Having to write a large, well-executed piece on the subject of "back up batteries" is enough to make a person want to blow their brains out. So why am I applying to do it as my job again? lol

Oh well... at least they pay you (a measly amount) for the application itself so my time isn't totally wasted if I don't get it.

Oh geez! I hope I don't get any infections! That sounds scary....

I just wish I didn't have to do anything to my face...and oil sounds like the best thing "natural" thing to get my makeup off, I guess...I don't know. So far, I'm liking the results but if it ends up in a broken out, infected mess, I'll go insane and then go back to Paula's Choice. :P

Good luck with your application! That does sound stressful! I'm applying to Army Officer Candidate School to become an Officer in the Army all while teaching biology and environmental science at the high school level.... and I'm super stressed right now, too. And thanks for the acknowledgement....haha now reading back on that, it sounds a bit like a cry for attention on my part. My bad... haha

haha my skin would do the same thing if I lay out in the sun! I don't go tan ever - just burn. But I've always been careful with sun exposure because of the fact I burn so easily... I don't know why people say the sun or vitamin D helps their skin (never really looked into it) but I usually notice a little improvement in my skin if I have been in the sun for a while. I just assumed the added redness from the sun was helping to hide all the red marks I have tongue.png

Good to hear your skin is doing nicely - hope it continues to improve! I know what you mean about the 'overall' skin texture being nice but there being some problem areas still. Mine has been like that lately - but with A LOT of problem areas / active breakouts unfortunately. But I'm happy at the moment with the skin texture - I've been using a kaolin clay mask (with some other ingredients in there too) and I think that's helping. Besides, I think it's fun to use a mask now and then - like a mini spa / facial at home tongue.png

(Also - I read your posts too! I might not always have something to add or to reply to people's posts but I read everyone's posts here).

Thanks Lily!! I tan after I burn, but still...the burn is not a good experience.

But yeah, I've got four active spots, which freaks me out because I haven't been breaking out at all lately. But my skin is still glowy and soft. I love masks too! I do them sometimes when I get home from my job (I'm a high school teacher), and it just helps me feel pampered after being stressed all day haha. And even if it doesn't help my acne, it's fun to pretend :P

And I suppose I do the same thing-- read everyone's posts and think about them, but don't always reply. :)

#5000 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say that I read your posts too! Sometimes I forget to reply, but I'm always thinking about the people who post in this thread and hoping they're finding success with whatever skin-care regimen they're using.  Glad to hear you're happy with the texture of your skin! :] I hope things continue to improve for you, the fact that you mentioned your skin is soft and glowing is definitely a good sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users