Photo

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7156 replies to this topic

#4921 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yea, I'm in Europe and there's no way I can afford the products because of the ridiculous shipping prices. If I wanted it at least a bit cheaper, would have to wait for up to 5 weeks or something. 

#4922 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

okay!

i sudden feel depressed and stupid abt feeling depressed.

could u guys check this please http://www.acne.org/...-matter-to-him/

i've a trip in 2 days and i am freaking out.

i'm normally calm and everything but i feel so depressed for suddenly i have this tiny but red spot.

i've been waiting for this trip for mnths and taking every step possible but just before the moment i'm left feeling so low.

now i could dismiss the trip and anyway trips aint fun anymore in my life with all the tension i take.

look at the stupid sudden attack.http://www.acne.org/...a-zitacne-asap/

take care guys!

#4923 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Surfing the web x; Movies and tv x; Family x; My fiance x; Nursing (dedicated student :P)

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

I havent had a pimple in almost a week.. It's a freakin' miracle.....

#4924 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Shipping always costs me at least $10. WTF. :(

http://25.media.tumb...oqnpoo1_500.jpg

^A semi-recent pic that isn't retouched. It's from a couple of weeks ago and my scars have faded some since then. I have BB cream on.

#4925 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm feeling okay today. The breakout that I had was definitely due to stress....and now the right side of my face is back to its spotless self and the left just has a few red marks.

I've actually stopped using my Paula's Choice products for the past 3 days...and have started cleansing my face with grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and tea tree oil. After I wash it all off with a warm washcloth, I put on some coconut oil (at night). I figured I was having such great results with coconut oil, that I'd use oil for everything. I suppose this is similar to the Oil Cleansing Method...but not classically-- I'm not using Castor Oil or Olive Oil.

I'm nervous that I'll ruin my face (despite my already great results)...but Paula's Choice is getting expensive....meh.

Also, I may or may not be going to Basic Combat Training this summer (depends on if I get into Officer Candidate School for the Army....fingers crossed), but I'm nervous about not wearing makeup over my red marks.

#4926 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Shipping always costs me at least $10. WTF. sad.png

^A semi-recent pic that isn't retouched. It's from a couple of weeks ago and my scars have faded some since then. I have BB cream on.

You look amazing!!! I don't see any blemish anywhere.

But what's those square marks, ike matt thing on your face? Is it just the shadow? :D

#4927 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Feeling down about my skin.  My skin is not me but it is apart of the package and right now, the package is torn and some what broken. I feel like there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

#4928 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

You look amazing!!! I don't see any blemish anywhere.

But what's those square marks, ike matt thing on your face? Is it just the shadow? biggrin.png

I was taking a pic in the light coming in through the window and the screen made a shadow on me. And thanks! :)

#4929 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Lookin' gorgeous, Deja! Makes me excited to get the Regimen supplies so I can start myself, lol 

#4930 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Anyone has heard or tried taking pueraria mirifica supplements? It contains phytoestrogens, which are similar to female's estrogens and can help to maintain some female functions in the body. Any information would be very appreciated! 

Edited by Pianina, 03 May 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#4931 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Feeling like shit!  I am a week into The Regimen and my chin/mouth/lip area has exploded with acne (had small amounts in those areas).  Feeling discouraged.  I know i am stronger than this but i can't seem to break free from this mindset. If this doesn't work for me, i don't know where else i'll turncry.gif

#4932 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I don't even get regular acne anymore, nothing but big ass blister looking tumor size plastic under the skin hybrid cysts. I don't know what the fuck to even try anymore.

Im lost.

#4933 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm happy it's Saturday and the weekend here. The stress of the past week is behind me and I actually have a little time to relax. Not a lot though - still have other assessment to get into...

Seeing as the regimen might not be an option for me because of the cost, and I don't know of a good BP that I can buy in stores that will work well with the regimen method, I've been looking more into different birth controls and spironolactone. I'd rather not take either... but I need to do something and don't know what other options there are. I can't handle waking up to new blemishes everyday and still seeing the old ones and hyper-pigmentation there too. I don't have time really in the next few weeks to make a doctors appointment to talk about it all, so I'll just have to continue with what I've been doing lately. 

It's a little ironic though that I convinced myself to try the regimen now... It was about this time last year that I quit BP (i remember because it was a little before my birthday so my skin wasn't great for my birthday), went through the bad breakout because of coming off it, and thought that I'd never go back to using BP again. In that time I've used BP in a cleanser but not as a gel or cream. And now I can't afford to order the BP I wanted to try - maybe it's a sign I shouldn't use the regimen just yet? :P haha

#4934 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm happy it's Saturday and the weekend here. The stress of the past week is behind me and I actually have a little time to relax. Not a lot though - still have other assessment to get into...

Seeing as the regimen might not be an option for me because of the cost, and I don't know of a good BP that I can buy in stores that will work well with the regimen method, I've been looking more into different birth controls and spironolactone. I'd rather not take either... but I need to do something and don't know what other options there are. I can't handle waking up to new blemishes everyday and still seeing the old ones and hyper-pigmentation there too. I don't have time really in the next few weeks to make a doctors appointment to talk about it all, so I'll just have to continue with what I've been doing lately. 
It's a little ironic though that I convinced myself to try the regimen now... It was about this time last year that I quit BP (i remember because it was a little before my birthday so my skin wasn't great for my birthday), went through the bad breakout because of coming off it, and thought that I'd never go back to using BP again. In that time I've used BP in a cleanser but not as a gel or cream. And now I can't afford to order the BP I wanted to try - maybe it's a sign I shouldn't use the regimen just yet? :P haha

Saturday?
Is still Friday here in the US

#4935 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

My skin is actually looking pretty good today. The stuff on my chin has healed, forehead and cheeks remain clear, only have one little blemish on my nose that will take no time at all to heal. It's funny because just when I'm about to start the Regimen my skin is going through a rare "clear" period, but I know these clear periods never last long. There are some studies out there that say that some acne sufferers stop getting acne at about age 25, and I turn 25 in four months, so it sure would be crazy if I'm starting to clear up naturally just when I'm days away from going on the Regimen :P I'm also wondering if my clearness has anything to do with reading some of the Regimen tips on shaving. It seems like every time I shave I get new pimples along my upper lip and bottom of my chin, but I've been using that Regimen shaving method lately to reduce irritation...been using just a basic two blade razor and the foam from my cleanser to shave with, PLUS I'm shaving almost every day now because it says if you wait longer that leads to more irritation when you shave. Usually I'd wait like a week to shave and just rock the stubble, so maybe these little changes are helping me? 

In other news, got the confirmation email today that my BP has been shipped, so I should be able to start my Regimen log next week. 

It's a little ironic though that I convinced myself to try the regimen now... It was about this time last year that I quit BP (i remember because it was a little before my birthday so my skin wasn't great for my birthday), went through the bad breakout because of coming off it, and thought that I'd never go back to using BP again. In that time I've used BP in a cleanser but not as a gel or cream. And now I can't afford to order the BP I wanted to try - maybe it's a sign I shouldn't use the regimen just yet? tongue.png haha

I hope you find something that works for you if you can't get the Regimen, Lily. Sorry to hear about those ridiculous shipping costs. :( I know there are quite a few girls on this site who have had great success in clearing up via Spiro. 

#4936 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Saturday?
Is still Friday here in the US

Yep - that's how different time zones work :P 

My skin is actually looking pretty good today. The stuff on my chin has healed, forehead and cheeks remain clear, only have one little blemish on my nose that will take no time at all to heal. It's funny because just when I'm about to start the Regimen my skin is going through a rare "clear" period, but I know these clear periods never last long. There are some studies out there that say that some acne sufferers stop getting acne at about age 25, and I turn 25 in four months, so it sure would be crazy if I'm starting to clear up naturally just when I'm days away from going on the Regimen tongue.png I'm also wondering if my clearness has anything to do with reading some of the Regimen tips on shaving. It seems like every time I shave I get new pimples along my upper lip and bottom of my chin, but I've been using that Regimen shaving method lately to reduce irritation...been using just a basic two blade razor and the foam from my cleanser to shave with, PLUS I'm shaving almost every day now because it says if you wait longer that leads to more irritation when you shave. Usually I'd wait like a week to shave and just rock the stubble, so maybe these little changes are helping me? 

In other news, got the confirmation email today that my BP has been shipped, so I should be able to start my Regimen log next week. 

It's a little ironic though that I convinced myself to try the regimen now... It was about this time last year that I quit BP (i remember because it was a little before my birthday so my skin wasn't great for my birthday), went through the bad breakout because of coming off it, and thought that I'd never go back to using BP again. In that time I've used BP in a cleanser but not as a gel or cream. And now I can't afford to order the BP I wanted to try - maybe it's a sign I shouldn't use the regimen just yet? tongue.png haha

I hope you find something that works for you if you can't get the Regimen, Lily. Sorry to hear about those ridiculous shipping costs. sad.png I know there are quite a few girls on this site who have had great success in clearing up via Spiro. 

Thanks :) Spiro's been in the back of my mind as an option for a while after coming across a few people here who seem to swear by it. I'll have to find out more about it though first.

And good to hear the BP is on the way - and that you skin seems to be doing well right now. Good luck with the regimen when you start! Hope it does work out well for you!

#4937 skinnie

skinnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have these 3 HUGE whiteheads/inflamed pimples on my left cheek, the like of which I haven't had since before I started tazorac. It's the middle of exams, so it's extremely discouraging. I feel like this monster/ freak of nature. The people at my school are really beautiful, so I almost always feel subpar in the looks department, but this is BAD. :( I really need to focus on studying, but I can just feel these pimples. They're itchy and heavy and big and red and look like they're some sort of outgrowth on my face.  If it weren't so bad... I don't wanna pop them, because these pimples are here because I popped the last two for two days in a row. If I'd left them alone, my face wouldn't look like this. ARGH. 

#4938 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Anyone has heard or tried taking pueraria mirifica supplements? It contains phytoestrogens, which are similar to female's estrogens and can help to maintain some female functions in the body. Any information would be very appreciated! 

I heard of them but haven't taken them. Some women take them to enlarge their breasts, but anything with phytoestrogens might be risky because it can lead to estrogen dominance in the body. Are you on diane-35? When I took it years ago, the gynecologist also prescribed androcur because diane contains a combination of progestin and estrogen to balance excess androgens but does not directly suppress androgens. Androcur is supposed to suppress excess androgens and can be taken in conjunction with diane, but this combination can really mess up your body's natural ability to regulate hormones in the long run. If you are already taking something estrogenic like diane, then maybe it's not a good idea to further boost your estrogen. Not sure what your specific hormonal imbalance is, though.

#4939 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Surfing the web x; Movies and tv x; Family x; My fiance x; Nursing (dedicated student :P)

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

I spoke too soon, got 4 pimples this morning and 2 are those deep pimples that no matter how many times you pop it it comes back eusa_wall.gif

#4940 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

I spoke too soon, got 4 pimples this morning and 2 are those deep pimples that no matter how many times you pop it it comes back eusa_wall.gif

That's annoying :( 

If you can though, try and not pop them. I used to have these deep pimples that repeatedly came up in the same spot on my cheek. And I swear that's why they always came back in the same spot - because I would mess with them instead of letting them heal on there own. When I left them alone and let them go through their 'life cycle' (?) they healed completely and I haven't had acne pop up in that exact spot since then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users