How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7327 replies to this topic

#4681 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

My skin is clear (all but one annoying whitehead), but it's just so itchy and feels icky. I do think it's psychological because I'm constantly thinking about it an aware of every little itch on my face.

I just want skin that's clear and I can touch without feeling it needs to be washed immediately. UGH! 

#4682 khaltire

khaltire

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

adult acne really sucks.. especially when you look around and everyone has clear skin, like its never even been an issue or something they had to deal with. i really thought i would have outgrown it by now. i had a period of a year of good skin, but now im having one of the worst breakouts ever, and its just on one side of my face. im so embarassed i cant be myself because of it :(

#4683 witzel

witzel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm feeling awful.

My skin feels like sand paper. There isn't a single clear spot besides the nose. 

I really don't know how it came to this, it seems like it's gettin worse. I'm turning 20... how long is it still going to take? =(

Edited by witzel, 08 April 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#4684 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

TODAY IS THE DAY!

#4685 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

I realised this morning, that I have ONLY 1 ACTIVE BREAKOUT ON MY ENTIRE FACE. It's the long-healing cyst.
So why I am not happy..?

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#4686 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I used the AHA+ full strength last night and I have to say, this STUFF IS WIN! :D I woke up this morning with the smoothest skin I've ever seen. It's actually giving me better results than the chemical peels I was doing a while ago! And no peeling/burning or irritation at all. I've only used it 4-5 times so far and it's a BIG difference. I can't to see how my skin looks after a month or more of using it.

I'm so glad I started the regimen when I did. There's so much scarring and dark marks and it would have just gotten worse.

I also side cut my dreads! Cut off 3 dreads total so I have it super short on the sides and long dreads in the back. It makes me look a lot more tough/cool and less hippy/flower child (which I like). Having clear skin makes me feel confident enough to pull off really "different" hair. Plus cutting my hair on the sides was really symbolic for me... feel like I've kind of been hiding behind my long messy hair for a while now...

I'm just really happy. I hope things stay this good.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#4687 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Aargh.. I have one big zit that hurts when I touch it I. mostly touch it when I apply tea tree oil. I need to stop applying chemical peel on zits ... it makes it worse. I only apply chemical peeling once every 2-3 week. Now we have bed bugs because my stupid sister's ex bf brought them here a long time ago, so sometimes it is hard to tell if it is a bed bug bite or actual pimples. My skin is still very smooth which is good. My right side of the cheek looks great and the redness is all gone.. acne scars reduced greatly! but they're stilll noticeable. The left side is red.. probably bed bug bite along with one big pimple .

I used the AHA+ full strength last night and I have to say, this STUFF IS WIN! biggrin.png I woke up this morning with the smoothest skin I've ever seen. It's actually giving me better results than the chemical peels I was doing a while ago! And no peeling/burning or irritation at all. I've only used it 4-5 times so far and it's a BIG difference. I can't to see how my skin looks after a month or more of using it.

I'm so glad I started the regimen when I did. There's so much scarring and dark marks and it would have just gotten worse.

I also side cut my dreads! Cut off 3 dreads total so I have it super short on the sides and long dreads in the back. It makes me look a lot more tough/cool and less hippy/flower child (which I like). Having clear skin makes me feel confident enough to pull off really "different" hair. Plus cutting my hair on the sides was really symbolic for me... feel like I've kind of been hiding behind my long messy hair for a while now...

Nice! If your skin is very smooth, that's  a good sign !  Maybe you're close to be done with acne. It is happening to me. My skin has been very smooth for months which I've been acne-free with occasional zits.. no biggie.

adult acne really sucks.. especially when you look around and everyone has clear skin, like its never even been an issue or something they had to deal with. i really thought i would have outgrown it by now. i had a period of a year of good skin, but now im having one of the worst breakouts ever, and its just on one side of my face. im so embarassed i cant be myself because of it sad.png

Sorry to hear sad.png I thought I was so close to outgrown acne, but I am still getting some zits. My skin is looks really nice though. I only have one active big pimple, but it bothers me because I keep getting one or two pimples every other week which means more acne scars. I am glad I haven't broke out badly. The last time it got worse, was like a year ago.. it was a nightmare.

Edited by Ghostunit, 09 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#4688 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Try the AHA+ instead of chemical peels. It's better!

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#4689 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Last night and this morning my flare ups were really noticeable even with makeup. Came home from work, and the swelling has gone down. I guess my acne only behaves when noone is around to see it. saywhat.gif

Edited by WishClean, 09 April 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#4690 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I don't understand what in the fuck I'm doing wrong or what the fuck I did to deserve this I'm really starting to think that some witch cursed me or something, one of my piece of shit aunts was known for witchcraft, this shit on my face is not fucking normal. I always feel zoned the fuck
out and can't even concentrate when somebody else talks to me or try to study, I'm going to stone that bitch.

Edited by Sum1killme, 09 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#4691 Jamie Mascall

Jamie Mascall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Today, I felt okay about my acne because at least there wasn't any inflammatory pimples but just left with clogged pores under the skin, like little flesh coloured bumps which I just cannot get rid of which is just so annoying, because I really want to get rid of them but I can't it's so difficult too, maybe a facial will get rid of them clogged pores, so anyway woke up today looked in the mirror and had no new pimples so I was impressed, I'll keep you posted how my acne is

#4692 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

So now a whole month without a single pimple... B5 works for me, I'm now lowering my dose to 5 grams this month (april) and next month ( May) to 3 grams.

#4693 Daphnis

Daphnis

C'mon get happy.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me
  • Interests:photography

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm going insane with my acne right now. Go away inflammation!!!

"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." - Michael Masser

#4694 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

I used the AHA+ full strength last night and I have to say, this STUFF IS WIN! biggrin.png I woke up this morning with the smoothest skin I've ever seen. It's actually giving me better results than the chemical peels I was doing a while ago! And no peeling/burning or irritation at all. I've only used it 4-5 times so far and it's a BIG difference. I can't to see how my skin looks after a month or more of using it.

Awesome, Deja! Glad to hear you're happy with the improvements you're seeing :)

Update: My movie night went great. Evil Dead was a really fun, bloody movie...I had a lot of fun with the girl from work. I didn't think about my skin the whole night, and if she noticed anything, she didn't mention it at all...just seemed to be legit enjoying herself. We were just cracking jokes and having a good time, and she even mentioned that we should hang out again soon. I think my sense of humor made up for my scarred looks.

Skin is kinda "meh" atm. Every time I shave I seem to get new breakouts, mostly small stuff. Been getting a few whiteheads on my upper lip. Cheeks are pretty clear, forehead is still clear, and my chin is doing much better. We'll see if things continue to improve with warm weather on the way. It was freezing a few nights ago but today it was in the 80s! Felt like summer lol

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#4695 kyou

kyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Looks like my cream is starting to work!!! proud.gif

#4696 scov93

scov93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:sport, exercise and my dvd collection :)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Just started a new cream called quinoderm

I really hope it works.

As for how im feeling not so great because my left cheek and chin hates me right now.

that shit used to burn like crazy when i first used it, and it fucking stinks. not a bad product for mild to moderate acne though, unfortunately my acne was in the moderate to severe category by then and i only had minimal results 

#4697 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Because I've ran out of the cleanser I was using I've been using a BP cleanser again that my brother used for a few weeks and then stopped using. It cleared his skin and he hasn't had an issue since - maybe an odd pimple now and then but that's all. I wish I had skin like that! But I think the cleanser has been helping me a little so I might stick with it for a while and see what happens... Things look a little calmer/less inflamed but I have quite a few particular breakouts that hurt right now...

Edit - also been having trouble leaving my face alone lately... I'm picking at it more than I have in quite a while...  just finding it hard to stop lately  :( I know it just makes things worse though. I think the habit of skin picking is worse when I see my acne has become worse / when I have more acne 

Edited by Lilly75, 10 April 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#4698 SimonUKOX

SimonUKOX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

The worst feeling in the world is having just picked the hell out of your skin, seen the damage and feel like there is nothing you can do to reverse it. Uh acne is full of so many double-edged swords.

#4699 Bodie81

Bodie81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I tend not to come on to acne.org too much these days. I`ve been trying forget all issues acne and skin and avoiding anything that is a reminder. I`ve been doing really well lately and my skin has more or less been fine. Today however I`m not feeling so good as I have broken out in my right sideburn/cheek area. My diet, exercise and cleansing routines have not changed at all but I have however been drinking on average one cappuccino per day for the past couple of weeks. I don`t drink coffee in excess but unfortunately it does seem to have a negative impact on my skin. It is the only treat/vice that I have so although I am loathe to give it up, don`t suppose that I have that much option.

Attached Thumbnails

• DISGUSTING SKIN 001.JPG

#4700 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Interesting that so many of us seem to be triggered by caffeine. I think my health is progressively getting better since giving it up.

Morning:

Evening:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users