How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7272 replies to this topic

#4641 D90

D90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

still feeling as crappy as always... i just hate it when people look at me coz i start thinking every negative thoughts that there is....

This is what fucks my confidence up too. People very rarely comment on my face or ask me what's wrong directly to me. But I KNOW that even if they're not saying it, they're definitely thinking it. And even probably talk about it with other people when I'm not with them sad.png

You should be on stage bruv , mind reader you'd be as prosperous as Switzerland the amount of money you'd make! 

#4642 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

My acne is up and down, but overall, getting better by the week. I'm a little over 6 weeks on the regimen today, and my skin is doing well. One semi-painful breakout on my forehead (but relatively small compared to how it was before I was on the regime) a few tiny whiteheads and a few "regular" (not too cystic) sort of pimples. I'm honestly not surprised about this breakout though. I had a lot of caffeine on Easter sunday, then I barely ate anything from Sunday until Monday evening because I was sick with worry about our cat, and then I've been grieving his loss since then. I'm barely starting to get a normal appetite back. So I think a lot of my current breakouts are stress related. I want to take a "mental health" week here pretty soon, where I just relax and spend time with people I love and watch movies and don't work too much. Hopefully it will help my skin.

Oh and this is random, but are there any horror movie fans here? EVIL DEAD (the remake) comes out this week and it's getting great reviews. Looks like the most gory movie of human history. We're going to see it on Sunday and are super excited. :)

#4643 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I just want to look like a regular goddamnmotherfucking human being, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

#4644 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

My acne is up and down, but overall, getting better by the week. I'm a little over 6 weeks on the regimen today, and my skin is doing well. One semi-painful breakout on my forehead (but relatively small compared to how it was before I was on the regime) a few tiny whiteheads and a few "regular" (not too cystic) sort of pimples. I'm honestly not surprised about this breakout though. I had a lot of caffeine on Easter sunday, then I barely ate anything from Sunday until Monday evening because I was sick with worry about our cat, and then I've been grieving his loss since then. I'm barely starting to get a normal appetite back. So I think a lot of my current breakouts are stress related. I want to take a "mental health" week here pretty soon, where I just relax and spend time with people I love and watch movies and don't work too much. Hopefully it will help my skin.

Oh and this is random, but are there any horror movie fans here? EVIL DEAD (the remake) comes out this week and it's getting great reviews. Looks like the most gory movie of human history. We're going to see it on Sunday and are super excited. smile.png

I'm a HUGE horror movie fan....like to the point where I'm practically addicted to scary movies, haha. I've been counting the days until the new Evil Dead comes out, because the trailer looks so badass. That scene where she forks her own tongue with the utility knife? CHILLING, lol. Another movie I'm really looking forward to this year is Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem. It looks pretty damn spooky too.

Skin update: Things are looking up. Forehead and cheeks are still pretty clear aside from scarring, and my chin has finally calmed down. Had a pretty rough chin breakout, but everything has dried out and subsided now. Just one small active left down there.

Edited by FlaggLives, 03 April 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#4645 okaythen

okaythen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm frustrated. Clear for about a year from eating right, strengthening my body from the inside, using the right products. Most of my dark spots had faded and all was well.

Then I binged on a bottle of cheap red wine last month. The breakout has cleared, but these new dark spots are driving me insane. I'm so angry with myself! I even got one on my left cheek. That's my clear cheek!

Alcohol = BAD. But I knew that already. Hmpf.

#4646 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Bad. My acne is very moderate right now, but why do I look so fucking disgusting? I removed all the pictures from our Easter dinner where I was present... Maybe I should just wear a mask on half of my face, like Phantom of the Opera? It's scarred from the previous cysts, there's this giant red cyst which doesn't shrink or go away, and dozen of dark red spots... It was impossible to look at myself in the pictures and I had no wish to retouch them as I usually do. What's the point in presenting a lie? As soon my acne gets reduced from the bcp and vitamin A + D I'm using now (with really good results so far) I'm going for chemical peals or Fraxel. I just can't live like this anymore, hiding one side of my face... 

People, please I beg for you advice how to reduce the side of a giant cyst, with pus clogged beneath, never coming to head! It looks like some mini tumor, I think it's the biggest cyst I've ever had. It's on the lower part of my right cheek, right after the "laughing wrinkle". Hurts when I smile. I warmed it as most of the websites advice, but it increased in size. Tried to ice it but it just got more angry red. I can't look at it anymore, if there is no other way, I'll cut it open myself and release the pus... But this will result in one more scar.... Help me :((((( 

#4647 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Bad. My acne is very moderate right now, but why do I look so fucking disgusting? I removed all the pictures from our Easter dinner where I was present... Maybe I should just wear a mask on half of my face, like Phantom of the Opera? It's scarred from the previous cysts, there's this giant red cyst which doesn't shrink or go away, and dozen of dark red spots... It was impossible to look at myself in the pictures and I had no wish to retouch them as I usually do. What's the point in presenting a lie? As soon my acne gets reduced from the bcp and vitamin A + D I'm using now (with really good results so far) I'm going for chemical peals or Fraxel. I just can't live like this anymore, hiding one side of my face... 

People, please I beg for you advice how to reduce the side of a giant cyst, with pus clogged beneath, never coming to head! It looks like some mini tumor, I think it's the biggest cyst I've ever had. It's on the lower part of my right cheek, right after the "laughing wrinkle". Hurts when I smile. I warmed it as most of the websites advice, but it increased in size. Tried to ice it but it just got more angry red. I can't look at it anymore, if there is no other way, I'll cut it open myself and release the pus... But this will result in one more scar.... Help me sad.png(((( 

Hey Pianina,

I had a big BIG cyst under my jawline last week. I just started using coconut oil on my face around the same time, too. I was really afraid to use coconut oil on my face because well, it's oil and that seemed gross. So, instead of smearing the oil all over my face, I just put it on my cyst, and in the morning, it was pretty much flattened, but not completely so. It wasn't a miracle, but it was DEFINITELY helpful. Now it's completely gone smile.png Then, two days ago, I got a little mini-cyst on my chin and I put coconut oil on it overnight. In the morning, there was a little white head, so I popped it and now it's gone except for a little red mark.

I got expeller-pressed virgin coconut oil (it's white and solid, but when you rub it in your hands, it melts instantly). It may not work miracles, but it doesn't break me out, helps with redness, reduces cysts and moisturizes beautifully at night.

As for how I'm feeling about my acne:  I still have some tiny blackheads, which are finally going away due to a facial brush I got (similar to Clarisonic, but manual--only cost $5, not $150! lol). But the redness is pretty much gone, and the red marks are fading. It takes me 15 minutes to do my makeup instead of an hour. I feel so much better about myself-- even when I get a zit, I feel "okay" with it. It's both a change in attitude and in my actual physical state.

Edited by heitea, 04 April 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#4648 okaythen

okaythen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

So happy to hear where you're at, Heitea. :)

#4649 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I hate inside.

#4650 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thank you okaythen :)

I hate inside.

Sum1killme, I'm so sorry :( I read your posts and know the pain you're in. We all understand how frustrating it is to wake up day after day with more acne. It really hurts. Just be diligent and know that one day it will be better and that we're all here for you and each other.

#4651 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Heitea, unfortunately I'm allergic to coconut :( Do you know if some other oil would have the same effect? 

#4652 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Pianina, sorry! I think rosehip oil and jojoba oil have a similar effect to coconut oil, but I don't think they're as moisturizing. You could try either of them out :)

#4653 Ries

Ries

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Video games

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I barely have active acne right now, but the scars from my previous inflamations are still there. Discolorations and rolling scars

#4654 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I feel so much better now that my two active spots have gone down and the redness has gone away. Pretty amazed with AHA and using it as a spot treatment. :)

#4655 cindy2013

cindy2013

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

People, please I beg for you advice how to reduce the side of a giant cyst, with pus clogged beneath, never coming to head! It looks like some mini tumor, I think it's the biggest cyst I've ever had. It's on the lower part of my right cheek, right after the "laughing wrinkle". Hurts when I smile. I warmed it as most of the websites advice, but it increased in size. Tried to ice it but it just got more angry red. I can't look at it anymore, if there is no other way, I'll cut it open myself and release the pus... But this will result in one more scar.... Help me sad.png(((( 

Hey Pianna,

Have the pores on your body reduced since taking Vitamin a?

I read on here that some people get very smooth skin from it have u noticed that too?

oh and what brand are u taking?

(sorry for asking on here I pm'd you but you didnt reply)

#4656 soulivan7

soulivan7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Addicted to tweeting

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I feel much better today, i feel like it's improving

#4657 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I feel so much better now that my two active spots have gone down and the redness has gone away. Pretty amazed with AHA and using it as a spot treatment. smile.png

I used it for the first time last night. It burned, but I kind of liked the burn. I imagined it removing the dead skin cells as I was burning, hehe. :D I haven't tried it as a spot treatment, but for now I'm going to use it every other night on my whole face.

My skin is doing okay at the moment. The forehead breakout is slowly getting less painful but still doesn't look great. I'm at a point now where I can go out with BB cream on and feel/look like a normal person, and I'm thankful for that. I can look people in the eye when I talk to them and I haven't been able to do that in a LONG time. I can check out at the grocery store and be friendly with the cashier...before I would just stare at the ground or mess with my phone as an excuse not to interact...And I always felt pathetic buying all my super healthy food and still looking diseased.

I hope and pray that it continues to get better!

#4658 Aka*Tom

Aka*Tom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

How do you know such things? Can you read their minds? Even then, who cares that they do that anyway? I think that people talk about me too, but that does not stop me from being outgoing, because they are not avoiding me even when they think negative about me.

This is what fucks my confidence up too. People very rarely comment on my face or ask me what's wrong directly to me. But I KNOW that even if they're not saying it, they're definitely thinking it. And even probably talk about it with other people when I'm not with them sad.png

It is a problem when large groups of people are avoiding you, because then you are being bullied. That is when you have to get out of there and search for new people.

Not many people know this, but I am actually the World's most efficient mind-reader. I could even tell the forum what you're thinking right now, but I won't go into that smile.png

Anyway, this week I've been feeling good and confident about myself. I'm on what I like to call a peak, but inevitably it will change soon and I'll be on a downer soon, so gonna enjoy it while it lasts smile.png

Why does it go down soon?

Why? I think's it's pretty obvious. I've not been able to sustain a period of being confident about my skin for longer than a few weeks in years. If it starts to look better, I don't get my hopes up because I know it'll soon look horrible.

And would you look at that, it's exactly what just happened. I had a good week with not many problems and I felt good. I said this in tuesday. Thursday night I went to bed feeling good, woke up in the morning, the SAME PROBLEM had returned. Big red patch of itchy skin that covers the whole one side of mouth. Appears for absolutely no reason, and I literally look like I had a disease of some sort. In fact I'm starting to think I do actually have something genuinely wrong with me. 

#4659 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

How do you know such things? Can you read their minds? Even then, who cares that they do that anyway? I think that people talk about me too, but that does not stop me from being outgoing, because they are not avoiding me even when they think negative about me.

It is a problem when large groups of people are avoiding you, because then you are being bullied. That is when you have to get out of there and search for new people.

Not many people know this, but I am actually the World's most efficient mind-reader. I could even tell the forum what you're thinking right now, but I won't go into that smile.png

Anyway, this week I've been feeling good and confident about myself. I'm on what I like to call a peak, but inevitably it will change soon and I'll be on a downer soon, so gonna enjoy it while it lasts smile.png

Why does it go down soon?

Why? I think's it's pretty obvious. I've not been able to sustain a period of being confident about my skin for longer than a few weeks in years. If it starts to look better, I don't get my hopes up because I know it'll soon look horrible.

And would you look at that, it's exactly what just happened. I had a good week with not many problems and I felt good. I said this in tuesday. Thursday night I went to bed feeling good, woke up in the morning, the SAME PROBLEM had returned. Big red patch of itchy skin that covers the whole one side of mouth. Appears for absolutely no reason, and I literally look like I had a disease of some sort. In fact I'm starting to think I do actually have something genuinely wrong with me. 

Lets see what the doctor has to say about it.

#4660 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Being a grown ass man with acne is fucking horrible. Starting to figure out I probably have some psychological disorders as well, a life llike this will eventually self destruct, rebuild, self destruct, rebuild, and repeat until there is no more workers willing to rebuild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users