~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Progress Pic!

Forgot to upload this earlier:

Snapshot_20130319_zpscaffd325.jpg

I'm posting this because I wanted to show you guys that this is the absolute worst of my acne right now. As in, the rest of my entire face is basically clear, aside from one small healing spot on my forehead! I wouldn't say that I feel GOOD about how this looks exactly, but considering I'm clear aside from these breakouts (and one entire side of my face is clear right now! ) I would say that I am super happy with how the regimen is going. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I began following the regimen exactly and I was using BP for another couple weeks before that, so I'm about a month in. I was just watching a video today of a girl's regimen logs and she ended up with completely clear, gorgeous skin after about 3-4 months and she looked a lot worse at 1 month than I do. So I'm incredibly hopeful! :)

The best news is that my skin seems to be adjusting to the BP and my redness and flakiness are going down a lot. I think adding good organic oils in with the lotion helped so much. Grapeseed and argan oil are simply more healing and moisturizing than the lotion alone. But I do love the soothing nature of the lotion and have found that combining the two is ideal.

I can't even explain how much the regimen is helping me, not only as far as clearing but also emotionally. It has basically stopped my obsession. I only look in the mirror a few times a day now, because I have the peace of mind that the medicine is constantly on my skin, always working to heal it. Where as before, it was a constant state of anxiety, checking how it looked, wondering if I should apply tea tree oil or whatever other natural treatment. With this, it's a set schedule. There isn't room for obsessive face washing, scrubbing or treatments. I get to focus intensely on my skin 2x per day, and the rest of the time I just get to go about my life. :)

If there is anyone who hasn't tried this yet, I highly recommend it!

#4542 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I feel at least.

#4543 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I had a sizable pimple show up on my cheek yesterday morning. It went away overnight. That seems to be what most of them are doing lately, and I'm starting to think they're allergic reactions, not typical pimples. Because taking an anti-histamine every day lately has helped a lot, with oiliness and everything. That's actually all I'm taking. And yesterday I took two, trying to see if the pimple would go away, and it did. So.

#4544 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Still brekaing out but feeling chilled out about it.  I go on vacation in 4 more days - woot woot!  So ready to be off TANE and on to The Regimen

#4545 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

I feel happier that the two red bumps on my forehead are gettng smaller everyday. I also invested in some concealer to help hide them or any future bumps.

Going to the beach in a couple of days so I am excited to see some sun and get in the ocean. :)

#4546 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

I hate the weather here. It's still deep freaking winter. It's 20th of March, but there are no signs of spring whatsoever. The wind's ice cold and my face gets frozen and dry everytime I go out, I'm still wearing my thickest winter jacket and shoes, need gloves and big scarf to keep warm. Winter here usually takes 5-6 months and my skin is usually the worst at that time, when it's sunny and mild, it immediately gets better, especially in summer. I live in the wrong place...

#4547 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

I'm feeling depressed today. My hormones are so bad and it's just frustrating. I've been waiting for my period for a week now and every day has been hell. The PMDD (really bad PMS) I get are life-altering. It's difficult to get through work because I break down crying.

#4548 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Complete desperation, each day Im starting to realize more and more that it's never going away, the thought of that is like taking a bullet in the head.

#4549 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Complete desperation, each day Im starting to realize more and more that it's never going away, the thought of that is like taking a bullet in the head.

I know the feeling. *hugs* We're all here for you.

#4550 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I've been feeling really good lately even though my skin hasn't improved much.

Last night my mum and I went for a night out - dinner then off to see  a musical. It was a great night. I felt so good / really happy and confident - maybe it was because I got dressed up and wore new heels I found for $9 (bargain! :P) I don't know what it was - but if I could somehow manage to feel like that all the time, I don't think I'd care about my skin anywhere near as much as I do now. I didn't think about my skin at all last night - I just had a really good night. My skin might not thank me for it though - I did break my gluten free thing at dinner - and I felt the difference later by feeling a little bloated - and I had one drink which is usually enough for my skin to react but I haven't seen any change today so that's good :)

We hung around for a bit after the show and were able to meet, get photos with a few of the cast members which was great too :) (Also - maybe I'll go back to the restaurant we had dinner at - the waiter was cute haha :P)

I had to give a presentation at uni today and I think it went well. I didn't think about my skin either - despite being in front of a lot of people and under bright lights. Again I wore a dress I like - I actually think this helps me feel more confident - when I dress up a little more than normal -  It's still casual but I think wearing a skirt or dress somehow makes me feel better :P 

So yeah... hope I can get this feeling / way of thinking to last a while :) It's a lot better than feeling upset or down like I'm sort of used to feeling about my skin...

#4551 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm feeling great about my skin.. I really need to try something else for my acne scarring 'cause the Derma roller ain't doing it! I do apply chemical peels on affected area, but still nothing. I will continue to do this and hope for the best!

Progress Pic!

Forgot to upload this earlier:

I'm posting this because I wanted to show you guys that this is the absolute worst of my acne right now. As in, the rest of my entire face is basically clear, aside from one small healing spot on my forehead! I wouldn't say that I feel GOOD about how this looks exactly, but considering I'm clear aside from these breakouts (and one entire side of my face is clear right now! ) I would say that I am super happy with how the regimen is going. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I began following the regimen exactly and I was using BP for another couple weeks before that, so I'm about a month in. I was just watching a video today of a girl's regimen logs and she ended up with completely clear, gorgeous skin after about 3-4 months and she looked a lot worse at 1 month than I do. So I'm incredibly hopeful! smile.png

The best news is that my skin seems to be adjusting to the BP and my redness and flakiness are going down a lot. I think adding good organic oils in with the lotion helped so much. Grapeseed and argan oil are simply more healing and moisturizing than the lotion alone. But I do love the soothing nature of the lotion and have found that combining the two is ideal.

I can't even explain how much the regimen is helping me, not only as far as clearing but also emotionally. It has basically stopped my obsession. I only look in the mirror a few times a day now, because I have the peace of mind that the medicine is constantly on my skin, always working to heal it. Where as before, it was a constant state of anxiety, checking how it looked, wondering if I should apply tea tree oil or whatever other natural treatment. With this, it's a set schedule. There isn't room for obsessive face washing, scrubbing or treatments. I get to focus intensely on my skin 2x per day, and the rest of the time I just get to go about my life. smile.png

If there is anyone who hasn't tried this yet, I highly recommend it!

Your skin doesn't look that bad! You don't even have acne scars at all.. You're lucky that you might not deal with bad acne scars... Once those acne are gone.. you'll have nice skin.

#4552 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

feeling defeated today....will try hard to be positive tomorrow saywhat.gif

#4553 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't know why the heck I am getting all this small zits... It scares me.  This just never ends....

#4554 Mythos

Mythos

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Filmmaking

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I feel like fucking shit. I'm now on week 4 of the regimen and my skin looks exactly the same. YES, I will continue the regimen for another month but if nothing changes I don't know what I'm going to do. I get so pissed looking at my face in the morning seeing an ugly, scarred piece of shit. And I feel pissed off when I read this thread and see beautiful people who, for no fucking reason, were given moderate/severe acne. They didn't do a goddamn thing in their lives that made them deserve to have a fucking disease on their face. There is no reason we shouldn't be enjoying our lives like everyone else who was just born with clear skin. No fucking reason. Why the hell do I have to suffer with this in the "prime" of the life? I'm a freshman in college and I know no girl who would come near me so I don't even try. Not because of who I am but because of a fucking disease on my face that I have for NO FUCKING REASON! And I don't blame any of those girls either, I'm the ugly one. I often wish I could be in a relationship with a girl who has moderately severe acne like me just so we could understand each other problems and sympathize and not let it get in the way of anything.

/rant

#4555 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

I feel like fucking shit. I'm now on week 4 of the regimen and my skin looks exactly the same. YES, I will continue the regimen for another month but if nothing changes I don't know what I'm going to do. I get so pissed looking at my face in the morning seeing an ugly, scarred piece of shit. And I feel pissed off when I read this thread and see beautiful people who, for no fucking reason, were given moderate/severe acne. They didn't do a goddamn thing in their lives that made them deserve to have a fucking disease on their face. There is no reason we shouldn't be enjoying our lives like everyone else who was just born with clear skin. No fucking reason. Why the hell do I have to suffer with this in the "prime" of the life? I'm a freshman in college and I know no girl who would come near me so I don't even try. Not because of who I am but because of a fucking disease on my face that I have for NO FUCKING REASON! And I don't blame any of those girls either, I'm the ugly one. I often wish I could be in a relationship with a girl who has moderately severe acne like me just so we could understand each other problems and sympathize and not let it get in the way of anything.

/rant

Don't worry about the girls! They're so freaking complicated to me. I am happy being single with just a few female friends. I know how it feels :( I have acne scars and I feel fugly! It sucks that I will need to do the laser treatment in the future.

#4556 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm feeling depressed today. My hormones are so bad and it's just frustrating. I've been waiting for my period for a week now and every day has been hell. The PMDD (really bad PMS) I get are life-altering. It's difficult to get through work because I break down crying.

Deja, keep your head up.  It will get better - just takes lots of time.

Tired.  I really hate the cycle of acne: getting better - ha ha fooled ya- getting better - ha ha fooled ya.....well you get the drill.  I wonder what my personality would be like without acne........what a life!

But seriously, feeling blah - my vacation starts tomorrow and i'm broken out - seemed to come on over night too. Gotta keep o trucking i suppose

#4557 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I see people talking with each other seeming to enjoy life, couples holding hands sitting with each other, groups of people laughing, studying, all they see is a freak walking by.

#4558 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Have had a shocking headache all day! Pain killers are helping dull it a little but it hasn't gone away. I think I just need a really good sleep. But that will have to wait... I'm meeting with some friends from uni (and one of their families) to celebrate / congratulate them on completing a big exam they've been studying for for ages to see if they can get into medicine. I'm a little 'worried' (for lack of better a word) about one friend's family being there as I've only met them once briefly - but it's nice of them to invite me along to celebrate with them. Should be a nice night. I haven't been stressing over my skin today which is good - I just want this headache gone!

#4559 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

The initial breakout is over it seems. My acne is not bad at the moment, some small pimples, clogged pores and one deep painful cist close to the jaw line. This one is gonna stay there forever and eventually leave a scar, I know the pattern.

#4560 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Headache went away in time for dinner thankfully! (I'm just home now - about to head to bed i think). It was a good night again. Lots of laughs - and laughter is the best medicine right? :P I did get a little self conscious of my skin at one point when I noticed how clear my friends skin is and her sisters too. Not a touch of makeup on any of them and they really do have perfect skin. Somehow I managed to forget about it and get on with the night and have a good time. It's weird how sometimes I can manage to do that and other times I really can't...

Hope you're all doing well - hang in there :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users