How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7288 replies to this topic

#4441 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I was feeling depressed about my skin lately. Today my skin felt like it was cracking, and I have been getting some spontaneous scarring in places that have no acne. Anyway, I was feeling miserable until I walked by a girl who had a leg impediment and couldn't walk straight. She was limping but she had a smile on her face. That put everything into perspective for me, and I felt instantly thankful for all the positive things in my life. On my way home, I walked past a homeless man sleeping on a bench in the cold. Another wake up call to feel grateful for everything I have, and not get fixated on what I don't have (clear skin) because some people have less and are still content with their lives.

#4442 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yesterday I sat in train together with my boyfriend when another couple sat themselves right in front of us. I'm used to communicating in English with my bf, so the dumbass girl assumed we are foreigners and don't understand any Swedish. She whispered to her guy: "Look at her cheek". I looked at her and demonstratively pulled my scarf on the cheek, but she didn't seem to be ashamed, her guy grinned at me.
Later in the night we came back home and I saw that I have a giant hole on my cheek (didn't check myself in a mirror throughout the whole day). I have recently had a new cyst right next to a deep scar left by another cyst a year ago. After popping that new one it formed a scar during one day (WTF??) and joing the old scar into one huge deep scar.... :((((((( I just want to cry.     

#4443 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Breakout has calmed down! My left cheek looks pretty good right now. The one small zit that showed up yesterday was ready to be popped within a day, so now it's gone. And the two PIH marks from past pimples this week don't look very dark at all. The only zit right now is this stupid painful one on my right jaw. Thankfully it's not huge, and it's not in a noticeable place, but it hurts a lot. I tried to pop it last night and some stuff came out, but it's still a bump/painful today :/ I just iced it and it feels a bit better. I just hope it goes away soon. But I'm trying not to worry about it. I don't think it's a cyst because it's not that hard and it formed a head last night, so yeah. Maybe it'll form another head again soon and then it'll go away once and for all.

#4444 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me
  • Interests:Bugger off..... fighting ACNE!

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

well.... am breaking out...still.... after the previous one sorta goes away, another batch comes up again.....

ugh...i'm sooo tired of having to deal with this..... been crying a lot lately again!!!!!

i just want to scream at the top of my lungs " W T F....!!!!!!!"

#4445 kyou

kyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I feel really good. I've been clearing up lately!!! c:

Acne is a battle we shouldn't loose.

#4446 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. BOOK NERD. ENJOY MULTITUDES OF SPORTS. OUTSPOKEN, FRIENDLY GIRL.
    I PASSIONATELY DETEST ACNE !!!!!!!!!!!
    BE BLESSED OR DIE TRYING IS MY MANTRA ;D

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I still have acne here and there but school and work really keep my mind at peace . They both coexist In harmony for me :)
Trying to focus more on what's important . For example, like living in the moment. I realized that my acne will take years to subside and my face will take some years as well to heal from the cystic acne damage, but that doesn't mean I will hibernate, seclude myself an isolate myself. I have to explore the platitudes, the sorrow and the warmth of the sun . I laugh at the face of acne because it hasn't defeated me . NEVER WILL.

#4447 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm starting to see some major improvements. Skin is getting smoother, and when I do get active stuff, it seems to be fairly small. I'm wondering if it's due to this new cleanser I'm trying out. For a few years I washed my face with just strictly water because I heard that most soaps can be super drying and they can strip natural oils away from the skin, but ever since I introduced this cleanser into my regimen it seems like I'm seeing better results. Still plenty old scars, but not too many new blemishes. I'm super cynical about my skin though so knowing my luck it probably won't last, but I'm crossing my fingers anyways! 

#4448 Aka*Tom

Aka*Tom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yesterday I was kind of feeling alright for the first time in ages. I have this big red mark right under the corner of my mouth but I thought it was starting to heal. But this morning I woke up with 2 spots right by my mouth on the same side, and the inflammation has made this red mark look big and aggravated again. 

I'm supposed to be going to a house party tomorrow night, what a barrel of laughs that's gonna be; constantly looking away from people, making no eye contact, worrying about how bad my face looks...

#4449 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm starting to see some major improvements. Skin is getting smoother, and when I do get active stuff, it seems to be fairly small. I'm wondering if it's due to this new cleanser I'm trying out. For a few years I washed my face with just strictly water because I heard that most soaps can be super drying and they can strip natural oils away from the skin, but ever since I introduced this cleanser into my regimen it seems like I'm seeing better results. Still plenty old scars, but not too many new blemishes. I'm super cynical about my skin though so knowing my luck it probably won't last, but I'm crossing my fingers anyways! 

All of those not washing your face, oil cleansing or water-only methods were TERRIBLE for me. Worst breakouts ever and they only got more and more infected until my face was one big sore... I don't believe in any of that bull anymore. You need to wash your face with a cleanser when you are acne prone.

#4450 greatsite18

greatsite18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I feel really calm about my skin today, but haha, the rest of my life is absolute chaos!! If only you knew

#4451 solce

solce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I am having one of the worst weeks of my life, but the one solace I had was that my acne is getting a lot better and I'm very close to being clear. However yesterday  I got a zit right in the middle of my cheek and i can't stand it.  

#4452 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

That's great you're seeing improvements :) What cleanser are you using? I'm nearly out of  the one I've been using - it's ok but not great so I'm looking for new ideas 

Yesterday I was kind of feeling alright for the first time in ages. I have this big red mark right under the corner of my mouth but I thought it was starting to heal. But this morning I woke up with 2 spots right by my mouth on the same side, and the inflammation has made this red mark look big and aggravated again. 

I'm supposed to be going to a house party tomorrow night, what a barrel of laughs that's gonna be; constantly looking away from people, making no eye contact, worrying about how bad my face looks...

Sorry you're breaking out right now but try and have fun at the party - it'll be good for you to have some fun and not worry/stress (which we know aren't great for acne anyway). Maybe even treat the party as a 'confidence building test' :P

Try and have a good time :)

#4453 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

That's great you're seeing improvements smile.png What cleanser are you using? I'm nearly out of  the one I've been using - it's ok but not great so I'm looking for new ideas 

It's a pretty basic cleanser I got for about 4 bucks here in the states. Clean & Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. I haven't used a cleanser in ages but this one seems to be helping me, so I'd say it's worth a try. 

#4454 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

That's great you're seeing improvements smile.png What cleanser are you using? I'm nearly out of  the one I've been using - it's ok but not great so I'm looking for new ideas 

It's a pretty basic cleanser I got for about 4 bucks here in the states. Clean & Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. I haven't used a cleanser in ages but this one seems to be helping me, so I'd say it's worth a try. 

Haha I've actually used that one before :P I think I found it a little drying but it's been ages since I used it I can't be sure if that's why I stopped... they might have changed the formula of it since then too. From memory, it actually worked better for my brother than for me - so maybe it just works better for guys? :P Either way - still good it's going well for you 

#4455 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me
  • Interests:Bugger off..... fighting ACNE!

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

still CRAP....is all............... been crying myself to sleep this whole week...what the heck is up with that?

#4456 Aka*Tom

Aka*Tom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

>Yesterday I was kind of feeling alright for the first time in ages. I have this big red mark right under the corner of my mouth but I thought it was starting to heal. But this morning I woke up with 2 spots right by my mouth on the same side, and the inflammation has made this red mark look big and aggravated again. 

Sorry you're breaking out right now but try and have fun at the party - it'll be good for you to have some fun and not worry/stress (which we know aren't great for acne anyway). Maybe even treat the party as a 'confidence building test' tongue.png

Try and have a good time smile.png

I knoww, I'm gonna try. It's easier said that done though as we all now. I have 4 or 5 spots all around the corner of my mouth, and this is aswell as a patch of red/brown skin there which makes them look fuckin' awful. 

I'm gonna go, and I'm gonna try and have fun. I would rather curl up in bed and treat my face though. 

#4457 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I literally hate my acne scarring! I will need to save up in the future for a laser treatments. I don't get zits at all which is good and my skin is very smooth..

#4458 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I was close to tears yesterday as I ended up talking to my mum a bit about my skin. It started cause she asked if I'd heard of AHA before - I said I had and that it was part of the products acne.org sells... And then from there it just snowballed into me talking about how frustrating it is still having acne (I think it's about 7 or 8 years straight now - with only a few months clear...) and also how confusing it can be trying to pick the next thing to try that actually sounds like it might help. She suggested I go to my GP and see about going to a derm (which I've actually never done - I've never been to a derm for my skin - just my GP - I don't know what more a derm can do than my GP because I don't want accutane...) she also suggested seeing a naturopath as an option too... I think she's just really starting to see how hard acne is for me and is now trying to help somehow. I didn't go into everything though... didn't talk about how it can effect me emotionally/mentally but just basically talked about trying to treat it and how hard that is. I'd guess she has some idea of the emotional effects but I highly doubt she'd guess the full extent without having gone through it or me telling her... 

Anyway, in other news - The ebay seller of the sulfur product I ordered (that arrived broken/unusable) is going to replace the product for me! :) So I hope nothing goes wrong this time. My skin is breaking out quite a lot - I can't classify any part of my skin as 'almost clear' at all anymore - crazy how quickly things change with your skin... And I'm not even sure why exactly...

I've also been doing a bit of research into gluten and acne so I hope to start going gluten free in the next few days. I guess I'll try for about a month at first to see how it goes... I don't know how long it takes to see a difference though if gluten is a cause/trigger for acne. I'm also stepping up how often I'm exercising - been a little hard lately as it has been pretty much non-stop rain for 2 weeks at least but i've found an exercise app (it's called 'Zombies, Run!' ) which I think is pretty clever idea - so I'm keen to use it (and get my money's worth!). I've used it a few times now and I like it - pretty fun I think :) 

#4459 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

I was close to tears yesterday as I ended up talking to my mum a bit about my skin. It started cause she asked if I'd heard of AHA before - I said I had and that it was part of the products acne.org sells... And then from there it just snowballed into me talking about how frustrating it is still having acne (I think it's about 7 or 8 years straight now - with only a few months clear...) and also how confusing it can be trying to pick the next thing to try that actually sounds like it might help. She suggested I go to my GP and see about going to a derm (which I've actually never done - I've never been to a derm for my skin - just my GP - I don't know what more a derm can do than my GP because I don't want accutane...) she also suggested seeing a naturopath as an option too... I think she's just really starting to see how hard acne is for me and is now trying to help somehow. I didn't go into everything though... didn't talk about how it can effect me emotionally/mentally but just basically talked about trying to treat it and how hard that is. I'd guess she has some idea of the emotional effects but I highly doubt she'd guess the full extent without having gone through it or me telling her... 

I understand where you're coming from on that, Lily. I always feel weirdly vulnerable when I talk to my parents about my skin (which is rarely)...definitely gets the emotions running high. I hope the gluten free method works for you, and that zombie app sounds like fun. biggrin.png

Update on me: I had one preexisting blemish by my nose become super inflamed today, I think because it's pushing further up outta the skin. It looks like I have a clogged pore on my forehead too, but I hope that doesn't turn into a significant pimple.  The cleanser seems to be working well still and I like how clean and fresh my skin feels after having used it.

#4460 hedgecore

hedgecore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:skatboards. coffee. my friends. music!.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

my acne fuckin sux everyday ...i remember when i was a teen and having clear skin and girls loveed me....now i feel like some dude i used to tease back in high school...
hahha karma is a bitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users