How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,806 posts in this topic

Definitely feeling a little down today. For the past 2 weeks I haven't had any inflamed acne at all; all I've had to deal with is the post-inflamed red pigmentation which is surely easier, at least for me, to deal with than inflamed acne. Yesterday I woke up with 3-4 new whiteheads. I did my usual routine of cleansing, moisturizing, then applying some 2.5% BP; the whiteheads ended up coming off in the shower. This morning I woke up and the heads are all gone, but now my face is covered with really red marks; it also looks like the heads may come back. I'm just hoping that it'll sort itself out by the end of the weekend when I go back to school after a week break.

Having acne in university no matter how severe or mild is so frustrating and depressing at the same time. I only have like 4 or 5 active spots, but hell they're really red and it's really embarrassing. There's this girl that I was planning to ask out on a date when I got back since my acne had FINALLY started to recede, but it looks like that'll go on hold until this recent breakout fades.

I always like to end on a good note though--I'm about 90% sure that this outbreak was caused by drinking a ton of milk recently. So I'll definitely be mixing my protein shakes with water instead from now on that's for sure.

Heyy I just read this and it kinda makes me really frustrated! I think you should ask that girl out! Because if she likes you she won't care about your skin! I know it might be hard but if you have a good personality (which is kinda cheesy I know) but I know I like a guy way more if he confident about who he is. My doctor recommended visualizing what you want your skin to look like throughout the day and eventually you start to forget about it. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it definitely helps me get through uni + talking to new people! I'm going to a big uni party tonight and I have a lot of red marks but I'm going to go cause I hate acne holding me back all the time. I really hope you your skin clears teehee.gif GOOD LUCK!

I feel fucking brutal because my newish girlfriend has never seen me with bad acne yet because I've been clear for like two weeks......so now I feel as if she's just going to lose attraction to me.....whatever I'm just to depressed right now to care. It just keeps fucking coming.......Fuck this.....I don't think I'm aloud to swear this much in this forum...

Feeling good!

Not a blemish on my face & all my red marks are fading as well (albeit slowley)

Antibiotics are doing their thing <3

I've totally jinxed it now...eusa_think.gif

Hey Kittyx3, what antibiotics are ya taking and whats the dosage? Thanks!shifty.gifeusa_think.gif

Feeling good!

Not a blemish on my face & all my red marks are fading as well (albeit slowley)

Antibiotics are doing their thing <3

I've totally jinxed it now...eusa_think.gif

Hey Kittyx3, what antibiotics are ya taking and whats the dosage? Thanks!shifty.gifeusa_think.gif

I'm trying Erythromycin 250mg a day. Apparntly they work fast (but don't work for long, like 3-4 months)

Doc said I should have seen results by a week, why I was excited my skin was clear yesterday. But alas, I woke up today and poked my face & now its a mess.

WHY do I do this to myself? :\

Maybe I should start a skin picking log to try and stop the temptation.

Day 12 and counting..

Edited by Kittyx3

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness."

I'm having a breakout yet again (mainly below my jawline). sad.png One week I'm fine then a breakout. Then it's fine. Then a breakout. etc. I'm so fed up with this! I started antibiotics this week, am I breaking out because of that? Maybe it's the shampoo? Maybe because I stopped eating that multivitamin? Maybe because of my moisturizer?? Who knows. It's all a lame mystery that is driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel like I'm dr. House and I am my own patient lol

edit: I think I will start taking 50mg zinc (chelated). Or maybe some other form...arghhh so many...I don't know which is best...

Edited by makethatchange

I'm feeling sad, as always. Most of my acne is on my forehead, and I have a bit on my chin too. I've started crying everyday because of my face. I can't help it, I just automatically start to cry when I look in the mirror. I feel so pathetic when I'm with my friends. They all have clear skin..

Right now I'm using something called DALACIN. It made a lot of my acne go away, but now it just kind of stopped. I'm also using Neutrogena and Stioxyl. I really want everything to go away. I know it's impossible, but I want to enjoy my life! I'm constantly thinking about my acne, trying to cover it up with my hands and my hair.. It's ruining my life mad.gif

Feeling quite good lately, no active zits on my face at all! It feels really smooth and soft to the touch, esp with the help of my moisturizing mask. Makeup is going on better than ever, blends very well and smoothly and makes my spots virtually disappear. I can definitely the red marks fading, and it's all very exciting and hopeful. I know by the summer my skin's going to look a lot better!

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone)

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

I'm having a breakout yet again (mainly below my jawline). sad.png One week I'm fine then a breakout. Then it's fine. Then a breakout. etc. I'm so fed up with this! I started antibiotics this week, am I breaking out because of that? Maybe it's the shampoo? Maybe because I stopped eating that multivitamin? Maybe because of my moisturizer?? Who knows. It's all a lame mystery that is driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel like I'm dr. House and I am my own patient lol

edit: I think I will start taking 50mg zinc (chelated). Or maybe some other form...arghhh so many...I don't know which is best...

I know the feeling all too well. My face is breaking out like crazy, and this time the breakouts are itchy. They're really annoying me.

I feel like scratching my chin, and overall, just ripping it apart because I'm having a hard time being positive.

I hate breaking out everyday...it feels like I'll never get things in control.

neutral.gif

I know the feeling all too well. My face is breaking out like crazy, and this time the breakouts are itchy. They're really annoying me.

I feel like scratching my chin, and overall, just ripping it apart because I'm having a hard time being positive.

neutral.gif

I got 2 pimples today and they itched like crazy! What is this? And also same thing happened last Saturday. It's really weird...but I put Avene cicalfate on those and the itching stopped so I love that cream.

Well today I feel even worse because I am still breaking out a bit. I started taking antibiotics last Tuesday so I don't understand. My skin should be getting better not worse, no? Maybe I shouldn't take the antibiotics anymore? :S

neutral.gif

Breakout's suck we all know this too well, but it's going to get better. You are just making yourself think you look worse than you really do. Trust me I know I do this all the time, but I BET YOU LOOK GREAT EVEN IF YOU AREN'T FEELING THAT WAY. Keep ur chin up!

1 person likes this

Bleeding soul - I feel I'm dying

I persist - I persist - I think I'm hiding

I've lost my soul - No happiness

I FEEL SO...

Are you ashamed

- of what you've become

You call my name ---

You call my name --- I try to run

I've lost my soul --- no happiness

I FEEL SO...

Check out my accutane progress pics http://acne.org/gallery/view_album.php?set...bumName=album14

neutral.gif

Breakout's suck we all know this too well, but it's going to get better. You are just making yourself think you look worse than you really do. Trust me I know I do this all the time, but I BET YOU LOOK GREAT EVEN IF YOU AREN'T FEELING THAT WAY. Keep ur chin up!

Believe me, I know. I've tried saying countless times that it isn't all that bad, and I'm making more worse than it seems...it's not helping. But thanks.

@makethatchange: I'm on antibiotics as well (minocycline), and the itching for me is getting annoying. My face constantly is itchy. I didn't have problems at all the first few months, but now I am. I also never had problems breaking out on my neck, and now I am. Maybe you should talk to your dermatologist about the antibiotic. I know I am going to when I mine in 11 days. neutral.gif

Really not feeling good. The red marks are getting me down so much and it feels like I am in an unending battle. I feel so ridiculously ugly.

finacea log

vegan.

avoiding gluten, tomatoes, caffeine, sodium, citrus fruits, apples and soya.

My breakout has stopped so I feel much better! I started drinking multivitamin again, maybe that helped. I am 100% sure my problem is internal.

I think I post too much here but I really don't have anyone to talk to when I feel down about my acne :(. I don't have anyone close to me who has this problem. They all have great skin which makes me feel even worse, you know?

1 person likes this

My breakout has stopped so I feel much better! I started drinking multivitamin again, maybe that helped. I am 100% sure my problem is internal.

I think I post too much here but I really don't have anyone to talk to when I feel down about my acne :(. I don't have anyone close to me who has this problem. They all have great skin which makes me feel even worse, you know?

Lol yeah we all have this issue : / it sucks how we always find people just like us on the internet but they end up living in freaking narnia! Hundreds of miles away XD

it sucks how we always find people just like us on the internet but they end up living in freaking narnia! Hundreds of miles away XD

I reckon it would be great to live in Narnia! If ever I win millions on the lottery, I'll be looking for an island. Org Island - you're all welcome! biggrin.png

You know, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting here frequently, as long as we're being pro-active about treating our skin too. I must admit though that I got the balance wrong for several months last year. I think I started posting regularly around January 2011 and I was in here all the time being all negative about my skin. In fact, I don't doubt that there are some massive emo rants from me in this very thread, although I don't dare look back! lol.gif I suppose it was all the emotions I'd built up over thirteen years of struggling with acne and never talking to anyone about them. It did me good to let all that out and it was even better when I started working on my skin too. So I reckon as long as we get the balance right, it's perfectly fine to post away. Get to help and support each other along the way too so it's a win-win situation! smile.png

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

Absolutely fucking shit...pardon my language, it feels better when I curse. Like in comparison to my skin in the summer I should be over the moon, but the more you improve the harder it is for you to take it when your skin gets a little worse.

TheComeUp's Regimen & Log

"Everyday life's destined to change forever, but some things are never better than their predecessors"

One Life ~ One Love ~ One Chance

"Don't slip...don't fall...just get a grip and hold on. Don't Lose Your Balance. Dont be losing your balance"

Peace & Love

I feel really hopeful about it today. I recently had three nasty pimples; two on the side of my face, and the other one on my thigh. The redness on all of them went down, and they seem to be healing now thanks to my cleanser, Dalacin T medicine & moisturizer that I put on them. I even went and bought Bio-Oil today due to my doctors recommendation. It's supposed to help with old acne scars, which is exactly my problem. I'm going to use this product for the next 3 months and see if it makes any improvement on my skin. :)

Cheeks clear! Face clear. Forehead WAS totally clear (and still rpetty much is) Except for one litlte stubborn red one in the middle. Just one. Two weeks ago it was thirty of them. Duac is a miracle. And I no longer experience flaking. So hopefully this one will tone down in a few days. Everyone gets the occasional zit still. Ive gone form liek 35 zits to one. I have some mild pigmentation left, which isnt visible in ALL lighting. But whatever, that'll heal up. Im growingo ut my bangs and ive been wearing my face hair free with some lgiht makeup. This one zit is like right in the middle so its annoying. But hooray! Acnes pretty much GONE. Duac, please give it a try.

My Regimen:

A.M.

Wash with warm wash cloth gently, than cold splash of water (no facial wash)

Mousturize with Clinique Dramatically different Mousurizer.

Apply makeup and yaddah-yaddah.

P.M.

(Showers)

Wash with Aveeno Clear Complexion Face Wash.

Clinque Darmatic. Diff. Moust.

Spot treat with TTO

(currently looking for a better spot treatment, perhaps Duac? or AHA? Message me if you have any ideas)

Well, okay. The one on my forehead started to go down later yesterday and is almost gone....but I got another pimple non cheek, its actually realtively flat, kinda red though, looks like it may be another one of those 3 day MAX ones. Lets hope. I am now using Duac all over my face. Its less irritating than TTO in most cases. What I mean by all voer is not I put it ecerywhere. Ita just where I have acne. I rub it in though.

My Regimen:

A.M.

Wash with warm wash cloth gently, than cold splash of water (no facial wash)

Mousturize with Clinique Dramatically different Mousurizer.

Apply makeup and yaddah-yaddah.

P.M.

(Showers)

Wash with Aveeno Clear Complexion Face Wash.

Clinque Darmatic. Diff. Moust.

Spot treat with TTO

(currently looking for a better spot treatment, perhaps Duac? or AHA? Message me if you have any ideas)

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

ha. well, first.... it's not "my" acne.... lol... (just acne on the body i am in)

also, things can always be a lot worse.... so i am grateful for the few and minor break outs right now.... may they leave as quickly as they arrived :)

I'm feeling okay. Even though I didn't manage to go to work without makeup (and embrace my horrific skin) I feel good. I'm taking pro-active steps to help myself.

finacea log

vegan.

avoiding gluten, tomatoes, caffeine, sodium, citrus fruits, apples and soya.