Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,835 posts in this topic

I have to say, that having suffered with acne since age 12 (I'm in my forties now), all the maintenance, trips to the derm, always looking for a better product, sunblock, etc., always having had people comment on my skin, especially insensitive family members . . . it's certainly taken its toll me.  I'm worn out by it.  It has added greatly to my anxiety.  Sure, bp has helped greatly over the years.  But when I've been ill, or just couldn't sleep, bp has never worked.  Anytime I've been in school or had to be up early for work, bp has also been ineffective.  I've actually had to use blue light therapy for an extra boost or instead of bp.  I'm tired of putting something sticky on my face, worrying about bleaching my clothes.  I still apply the basic principles of the regimen, the gentleness and spreading bp evenly over my whole face.  I'm just sick and tired of the emphasis on superficial looks.   I also come here when I'm feeling down, not just for my face but in general.  I'm glad this site's still here.

hope everyone is doing the best they can with the holidays rolling around. I know it can be difficult going to social gatherings and seeing family, the comments and trying to not compare yourself to others.

2 people like this

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

I have a gazillion little white heads all over my forehead, alone my nose bridge, and above my lips. I have a giant white head next to my nose. I can't even go out. I feel so dirty. 

Broke out sooo badly from the B vitamins that I have to take for my neuralgia. Aghhhhh. Face hurts.

My acne has caused me to feel horrible about myself. I'm hiding from the outside world and just trying my best to clear it up. I've been checking this site a lot lately because it's kind of nice to know that there are people out there who I can relate to and a community here that is always encouraging each other to keep trying and not give up despite their own struggles with the same issues. It can be so emotionally debilitating. I hope everybody finds a solution for their skin problems and that some day soon and we will all be confident and truly happy. Wishing everybody a good holiday season.

I've been on this site for a bit over three months. I come here almost everyday for comfort. My skin has been on a rollercoaster ride for months. I'm so emotionally drained because of this. I'm feeling terrible now because I just did a whitehead extraction at a salon and my face looks angry and disgusting. I don't know what do to anymore... I never really know what to do with my horrible genetics. My mom told me that she used to have the shittiest skin in her twenties and thirties. Now I'm 21 and my face is a wreck. Thanks mom for letting me know that I may suffer for up to 30 years... given the fact that my acne started when I was 13. 

I have accepted who I am, though it is a struggle every day, am hopeful that one day I will have clear skin. The must be a solution for me out there

I have mixed feelings about my acne today. Half of my face is moderately clear sans scars, while the other half is being problematic. Just trying to keep my head up.