How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,808 posts in this topic

Diet never made a huge difference for me, the only thing that I noticed more breakouts after eating is dairy and extremely sugary stuff like sodas. I'm on Spiro, only 50 mg along with yaz and its helping a lot...it scares me to gear that people plateau. Is your skin oily still or not?

6 hours ago, madeupdreams said:
Nope :/ I've honestly never noticed a direct correlation between my diet and my breakouts though. I know a lot of people on here are adamant about there being a connection but I can't say that's ever been the case with me. I keep a healthy diet regardless because I think it's important in general but my acne doesn't seem to take notice one way or the other, heh.

In my case it's not eating healthy,I can eat fried food 3 x a day 7 days a week,it's finding out what your body rejects as a poison, for me it's chemical additives
1 person likes this

On 7/18/2016 at 6:44 PM, snarkygirl said:

Diet never made a huge difference for me, the only thing that I noticed more breakouts after eating is dairy and extremely sugary stuff like sodas. I'm on Spiro, only 50 mg along with yaz and its helping a lot...it scares me to gear that people plateau. Is your skin oily still or not?

Don't get me wrong, my skin has made a HUGE improvement since I went on Spiro. It's way less oily and my breakouts are much milder than they were before. It's just hard having these stretches of crystal clear skin and finally starting to feel happy and confident, only to get knocked down by another breakout that comes out of nowhere. I really shouldn't complain too much though, my results on this medication have still been pretty great. I'm glad to hear it's been helping you as well!
1 person likes this

I'm so fucking angry right now, I'm about to go outside and throw a brick threw my car window. The actual acne is gone but I still have some redness and red marks and I can't get over the realization that I got screwed over in life because of acne.

1 person likes this

I feel pretty depressed about my acne today. Lots of red scars on my cheeks that have been there for a few months, have quite a few pimples here and there. I thought my acne was doing better a few weeks ago and then all these bumps pop up. I can't stop focusing on all the scars and pimples whenever I look into a mirror. All the feelings I had bottled up for the past couple of weeks finally spilled and I cried uncontrollably for a good hour. Sigh. I can't wait until the day when all of this gets better.

Hey all, first post here. 
I've been reading through this website pretty much daily for the last little while. I stopped taking birth control about 6 months ago and my face always seems like such a mess. Depending on where the pimples are, I can get away with feeling ok when I wear makeup (lots)... but I still avoid people coming close to me and sunlight, because they'll see all the awful bumps.

Today is my third day using glycolic acid, alongside oxy with benzoyl peroxide, and I feel annoyed because yes, some of the redness from scarring is leaving, but the bumps are still quite bad. I just washed off my first attempt at makeup in the hopes that I can do a better job after my zits stop leaking (cuz I'm stupid and picked!)

...I'm just getting so sick of struggling with this EVERY DAY. And its not exactly a problem you can talk about with most people.
Overall, I'm feeling lousy. And I have a big lab exam to make matters even worse.
Really wondering if this will every get any easier...

13 hours ago, lulrenx said:

Hey all, first post here. 
I've been reading through this website pretty much daily for the last little while. I stopped taking birth control about 6 months ago and my face always seems like such a mess. Depending on where the pimples are, I can get away with feeling ok when I wear makeup (lots)... but I still avoid people coming close to me and sunlight, because they'll see all the awful bumps.

Today is my third day using glycolic acid, alongside oxy with benzoyl peroxide, and I feel annoyed because yes, some of the redness from scarring is leaving, but the bumps are still quite bad. I just washed off my first attempt at makeup in the hopes that I can do a better job after my zits stop leaking (cuz I'm stupid and picked!)

...I'm just getting so sick of struggling with this EVERY DAY. And its not exactly a problem you can talk about with most people.
Overall, I'm feeling lousy. And I have a big lab exam to make matters even worse.
Really wondering if this will every get any easier...

It will get better

My Accutane Log - 17M - Pictures

Still waiting for zay wop