How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,808 posts in this topic

Feel a little down today. Had a nastyish spot bubble up throughout the day. Not going to be a giant spot, but it's very red and won't disappear overnight.

Hopefully it's just a little stumbling stone...

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

What's the point?  Every new breakout is worse than the one before......not depressed, just incredibly frustrated and wondering why even bother with treatments that don't work.  Dealing with over a dozen papules.  I'm 32!  Never thought I'd still be in this position.  4 months of Spiro and almost as bad as when I started.  

1 person likes this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Not had anything new (well, nothing worth noticing) since Tuesday, but felt really bad today. Couple of things on my face and it's all too much.

Today I feel so fooking done with my face. I emotionally can't handle my acne and ingrown hairs and every fkn hair on my cheeks anymore. I just want to cut my skin off 

I'm bitter.
I've had acne since I was about 12/13, now I'll be 27 this year. I've had very brief, veeery brief times of decent skin [not clear mind you] through a combination of ways that didn't last. Here I am now, still struggling very much and y'know what? I am seeing wrinkles, in the places where I'd heavily break out, and apply creams. No, not just dry patches, wrinkles. So I went from acne out the wahzoo to aging along with. No nice skin times for me. It makes me angry, I can't deny it. Hell in 10 years, how will I look then??

1 person likes this

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

I'm tired of wearing my mask! :(
I wear it to hide my acne and I'm tired of the comments I'm receiving! I've gotten comments like "You're Going to Die", "EBOLA", "She Has Ebola, Stay Away From Her", "You Have AIDS"... 
I know better to ignore it but sometimes I just get so frustrated I want to say something!!!
i hate acne. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I know I have to be patient and that it'll hopefully get better in time... :( 
Those comments make me think about the people around me..

Edited by Luke89

Been feeling good for the last 10 days or so about my acne. It's really calmed down.

Just got a couple of very faded red marks and one dying spot which never really came up!

I'm happy, obviously, but still well aware that I had a 10 week run of good skin last year and it all went to crap after that.

Paranoia persists!

1 person likes this

Desperate. Hopeless. Tired. Ugly. Worthless. Accutane is not working, Azithromycin is not working, birth control is not working, healthy diet is not working. There is nothing else i can do. I just want to sleep for months until my skin is clear again. 

1 person likes this

it's my first day on yasmin and my first day of using Erytromicyn. Can't wait for the results (: have been breaking out badly, time for some positivity 

I'm so over my shitty skin. I hate it more intensely than I have ever hated anything in my life. I just want to look normal. I've suffered with acne long enough, why won't it just go the fuck away?

3 people like this

Currently on day 160 of isotretinoin and no active acne :new_smiley_8:

My hair however, is paying the price right now. :new_smiley_17:

My skin is now definitely better than last week but it's still not good. My chin is where i'm breaking out the most. Right now i have 4 pimples extremely close to one another which makes my chin look super red. The guy i'm dating came back from a 2 weeks trip and i absolutely don't feel like seeing him this weekend. Last time i saw him my skin was doing pretty good. I can't wait for this to be over, i'm so tired of feeling like the only girl who has acne (i know it's not true, but thats how i feel) and postponing things.

Update: Why even bother???? Thought i was on the right path but i just looked in the mirror and saw 3 new spots. Awesome. Feel so stupid for actually thinking  my skin would get better. Everytime i think my skin is looking good i start breaking out again, don't know i even have hope. There is NOTHING  i can do to make it go away, i already did everything i could. Sometimes i wonder if the life that i'm living is really worth living... always hiding myself, not going out, thinking about my skin 24/7, avoiding mirrors (any reflective surface actually)...  it's  a shitty life in a shitty world where you have to look "polished" all the time. IMPOSSIBLE to look polished if you have acne. I'm using the world polished because i'm  not even asking to look beautiful, just polished to be able to go out. Sometimes i think i'm being to harsh on myself but then i look in the mirror and change my  mind right away. How can you live a normal life if you can't stand your own image?

Edited by jasminevt

Got the courage to go out.

covered my zits in makeup (im a guy so thats embarrassing enough). Went to the toilet, saw a new CYST had formed on my right cheek, had a panic attack and came home.

fantastic night. Fantastic life.

Edited by Lore91

Today is the first day that I just broke down and I haven't cried in a while. My acne isn't SEVERE but we all know it still sucks to not be comfortable in your own skin and have to look at it everyday. :(  I have a bunch of new pimples showing up on my cheeks for some reason?? 

I am embarrassed to go out and feeling depressed.  I hate it when my mum & my cousins stare at my acne and I don't like the way they say about what went wrong on my face then I feel more insecure instead of comforting me. My face is improving little by little  but my self-esteem does not.

As for today i feel really depressed. Making the wrong move of applying grapeseed oil to my face and ended with comedonal acne. Been crying a lot even though i know it is mild. But it's different when you made the wrong decision of products to use. I have whiteheads and blackheads all over my face. After years of not having this issue it came back just because of gso. I feel like i dont want to do anything. Ive been obsessed with my face and don't know what to do with my face. I have used many products but they seem not to work. I just went backnto using my old soap which solved my problem years ago. But now i dont know even uncertain if it will work. I felt bad making the wrong choice of using gso. Huhuhu

I just want normal skin that is clear and free of blemishes. I've been on isotretinoin for about 24 weeks and it has stopped my acne, but the damage has been done. My skin just looks dull and blemished, it doesn't look right. Other guys my age have clear skin that just looks "normal". I don't know how else to describe it. When will it be my turn? I am sick of wasting time and effort on my skin. I've been self concious about my skin from 11 years of age and I need a fucking break.

1 person likes this

I has a severe panic attack.

got a very itchy spot past night ok my collarbone. Woke up at 8am this morning because of the unbearable itchyness. Look in the mirror and I have a huge rash from my collabone up to my jawline...

This is the third time in two months i've had some kind of rash appear (the first two appearing behind my ears). I'm taking antihistamines but they don't seek to help... But surely this is an allergy to something? But nothing touches these areas! Clothes maybe? It's unbearable.. One thing after another it never ends

Strange enough I'm feeling pretty good even tho Yasmin breaks me out like crazy. I'm so positive because if it will stop breaking me out in 3-4 months I'll have for the first time clear skin during the summervacation! And if it's not gone I hope I still feel as comfortable as I do now.  Yay

1 person likes this

Currently wishing that these things on my face would go down. Not world ending spots, but damn they're red and make me look scabby along with my other red marks.

Feeling uncertain. Some days Im feeling great. I know Im improving. This past Monday I felt not pretty, not good but downright GORGEOUS. My skin was damn near flawless. I even caught a male co worker staring my way. Another co worker complimented and said he liked my whole look. I know I was looking good. A guy behind me in line at the deli counter was flirting when the cashier accidentally thought we were ordering together. He didnt get repulsed and yell, "Nah Im not with HER are you kidding me ?" He just joked about me not knowing him..yet. By Thursday I was feeling ugly again. Same old same old. My boss must have rubbed his face a million times while talking to me. So much for feeling pretty. I know its because the usual time of my period is coming. Overall I do see alot of improvement. I wear my hair in a high ponytail. You can really see how much my skin has improved but its not consistently nice yet and I still get alot of dark marks. The bumps go away faster but the dark marks dont heal.

@jasminevt Please dont give up. Ive been using birth control (Junel) clindamycin and tretinoin.  Its been working out pretty well. I got really upset in the beginning because my skin got really dry. I felt so old and ugly. I was glad when my skin started looking oily again lol. When I looked at my skin I see overall that its improving. Heck it even looks clear from far away or less than harsh lighting. Before even in the lowest lighting  it looked horrible.  

well lets see for about 2 years of my life from 7-9 I've had to deal with these upper lip acne dark marks. But recently within the past 5 months it was beginning to clear up. For the first time in 2 years i could look in the mirror and not feel like there was so pedphile staring back at me. But in the last 3 days all that hardwork of eating clean and trying to keep my face clean went to heck bc i broke out. 5 months of hard work..... and i still end up looking the same..... words do not describe how frustrated i am. words do not describe how done i am.

1 person likes this