Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,826 posts in this topic

Incredibly frustrated and upset today. I'm 100% consistent with using both my oral (spirinolactone, which I've been on for almost six months) and topical (tretenoin and clindamycin) medications, and some weeks my skin will be amazingly clear but then the next week I'll have another breakout. My skin looked great last week, and this week it looks like absolute shit. I'm in the middle of a horrific, painful breakout covering my left jawline and left side of my neck. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I feel like giving up. 

2 people like this

Showing small signs of progress at least for today. My children are willingly kissing and touching my face. They rarely do. People are smiling at me. Not a pity smile but a genuine "its nice to see you" smile.  People still rub their faces and I still feel like a freak at work, but there are signs of improvement ..at least for today.

1 person likes this

On 31/12/2015, 01:28:52, madeupdreams said:

Incredibly frustrated and upset today. I'm 100% consistent with using both my oral (spirinolactone, which I've been on for almost six months) and topical (tretenoin and clindamycin) medications, and some weeks my skin will be amazingly clear but then the next week I'll have another breakout. My skin looked great last week, and this week it looks like absolute shit. I'm in the middle of a horrific, painful breakout covering my left jawline and left side of my neck. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I feel like giving up. 

I don't have breakouts of the same severity, but this is pretty much my life at the moment! No consistency to the state of my skin!

However, I've only had two mild-ish spots in the last two weeks, so fingers crossed it becomes 2.5 weeks and then 3 weeks!

1 person likes this

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

On December 30, 2015 at 8:28:52 PM, madeupdreams said:

Please don't.  Keep on keeping on no matter what

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Almost 4 month on Spiro (the first month @ 50 mg and the last 2 1/2 at 100 mg) and my skin is on the downward slope again....grrrr.  I am trying so hard to not let it affect me but in all honesty, it does.   I've been facing my fears and tracking the process with pictures so I do see improvement but it is so inconsistent .  On Thursday I was dealing with closed comedones and two days later I am dealing with 10 plus active pimples, some with pus.  This year i want to track if there is a correlation with my period and severity of breakouts as well as diet.

Back to juicing and unprocessed stuff.  I'm going through a stressful financial time so trying to keep my stress low.

1 person likes this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I just hate it how I let my skin condition control my feelings..  

2 people like this

Kinda average. Have this one spot which just doesn't want to die. It's been there for four days and even though it went down after the first day it's still hanging around. Just have to keep reminding myself that it's mild compared to other acne I've had recently...

As of right now I am feeling good about my acne it is the best it has been in a month:rolleyes: 

1 person likes this

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
- Exodus 23:25

My acne is less visible which makes me happy today although my old scaring are still visible depending on lighting.

New resolution this year don't sweet aabout small stuff

1 person likes this

Im  feeling the same as many of you its inconsistent. Saturday I felt so pretty. I thought my skin actually looked pretty. Today I feel that I looked so ugly. Not so much the break outs but my face looked dry and dull. Cracked and old looking. I felt really upset. 

Skin is very dry and flaky due to the winter, but I'm scared to use any moisturizer since they tend to make me break out. The flip side is reduced acne due to less oily skin. Overall, I've been happy about my skin the past month. 

1 person likes this

I made the worst decision to do a lemon detox >.<  I'm breaking out all over my cheeks. Discolouration on my forehead isn't fading either

Feeling pretty good. A looot of hyperpigmentation on my forehead and cheeks, but my pimples are rapidly going away. 

3 New pimples today:strongsad: Other ones healing:rolleyes:

Edited by -John-

I got a cyst in my ear and it's so painful :(  Such a weird place, never had one before in my ear

Very bad breakout today trying apple cider vinegar. 

I don't know whats going on or maybe I do.  Both sides of my lower face have broken out in red bumps, some as big as a pencil eraser.  They are so red and inflamed and I don't know what else I need to do.  I saw my derm Wed and she was happy with the progress (though my breakouts weren't that intense then).  I do see some improvement but on weeks like what I have been having, it seems that for every couple of days of less breakouts is followed by WEEKS of inflamed acne ranging from 6-12 pimples at any given time.  Right now I have well over 12 inflamed pimples and I am so discouraged.

i have been eating so much better, juicing full force and taking my meds like crazy.  What else can I do?  My stress and sleep has been pretty bad but the fact of the matter is that I can't control all the factors.  At almost four months in, I want to give up.  I'm giving Spiro to the 6 month mark then I will increase the dosage to 150 and if I don't see good enough improvement...well....I don't know what other options will be left for me.

for the first time in a long time I want to cry over my skin.  

Feeling pretty good after many years of misery. At age 37 I am finally clear of acne, fixing my scars with dermapen and subcision/suction and my hydradenitis is clearing up on rifampicin/clindamycin combination

1 person likes this

Acne is healing no new ones :dance:So far so good using apple cider vinegar.:)

1 person likes this

Bit annoyed about my skin at the minute. Every now and then I think that it's getting better, but then I'll find something new on my face. At the moment it feels like acne will be neverending.

1 person likes this

Surprisingly better. My skin is still FAR from being okay (I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and horrendous atrophic scarring) but at least it doesn't hurt to sleep or make out anymore. I don't get reminded of my acne ever so often because my face doesn't sting when I so much as smile. I guess that's so much better. :) 

3 people like this

Morning:
Wash face with Cetaphil
Spot treat with Onexton or Use 10% Mandelic Acid Serum (twice a week only)
Moisturize with Cerave AM Moisturizer

Evening: 
Wash face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Wait 30 minutes for skin to dry
Use 0.1% Tretinoin cream

Oral: 100mg Spironolactone, Culturelle Probiotic supplement, Zinc 50mg, Vitamin C with rosehips 1000mg & Fish Oil

Edited by Luke89

Feeling good as I've had 3 - 4 days on the trot with no new skin issues. Only have one real nasty thing on my face and that's going down.