How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,808 posts in this topic

I actually have clear skin with the help of the Regimen, however, feeling sad as I can't seem to connect with anyone... Also, I have been isolating myself a lot when I had acne.. Which I shouldn't have... I still do now. So it's really hard for me to make friends since I lost most of them. Wish I could have friends or just one. I want to be more social like when I didn't have acne. Having acne was hard... but now not having acne is also hard..

Go live life before it's too late. You only have one life. You'll regret it. Go live life to the fullest.

Edited by KimchiiMonsturr

Skin care Regimen:

-Cleanser: Kojie San kojic acid soap.

-Moisturizer: Nature's Pearl Muscadine 20™ Ultra Rich Lotion

-Serum: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

-Toner: HADA LABO Shiro-jyun Clear Lotion

-Moisturizing Oil: Camellia Oil
-Creme: PUREBESS Snail School Recovery Gel Cream
-Sunscreen: Eltamd UV clear SPF 46
Supplements:
- Astaxanthin
- Muscadine grape seeds
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- Organic vitamin D3
- Matcha powder
- White tea
Diet:
-Organic foods only ( Vegetables and fruits ).
- No GMOs.
- No processed foods.
- 0.5 to 1 gallon of water.
- Lots of fish ( good source of healthy fats ).
Exercise:
-Exercise everyday for 45-60 minutes.
Stress Management:
- Reading books, listening to classical music, self-reflect.

“One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
私は決してあきらめないだろう。

I actually have clear skin with the help of the Regimen, however, feeling sad as I can't seem to connect with anyone... Also, I have been isolating myself a lot when I had acne.. Which I shouldn't have... I still do now. So it's really hard for me to make friends since I lost most of them. Wish I could have friends or just one. I want to be more social like when I didn't have acne. Having acne was hard... but now not having acne is also hard..

Go live life before it's too late. You only have one life. You'll regret it. Go live life to the fullest.

That makes it even worse knowing that because our looks are completely destroyed for the rest of our lives. Even if they got better at one point (which they won't) the years we are supposed to look best (20's) are ruined because we actually look shitty while the majority of people get to enjoy their best looking years. It can also prevent you from getting married or significantly lower you chances in getting married/starting a family/etc. You will have to most likely settle with someone you don't want who is also probably rejected by society for a bad reason or have no one (latter option is more likely).

I just read a website that said that bad skin is a repellent to women and I agree with it. The fuckers that wrote it try to make it sound like getting rid of acne is so easy, though.

"Here’s another thing that is so easy to do, and so many guys don’t even think about it. Clear skin is so attractive to women, and bad skin is incredibly repellant. It’s not hard to avoid acne, and it’s really easy to have good skin if you eat well and wash your face every now and then."

That alone shows you how ignorant society is about acne and proves that you should not show empathy towards other people.

Every thread you post in you always include something about women being repelled by acne. Obviously. Acne is not pretty. It is not beautiful. It maims the flesh, leaving it with red splotches and scars. You do not need a random source to tell you this truth.

Let me tell you something. Men are repulsed by acne as well. In fact, women always get it worse when they have bad looking skin. Especially during pre-teen and adolescent years. Girls are taught growing up to fit a mold of beauty, and when they are unable to look like the princesses on the television or the models on the magazines they develop ideas that they are worthless.

They are taught that the sole measure of their worth is beauty, and that they do not have beauty.

Stop typecasting women into this idea that they are solely interested in good looks. Good looks are a huge part of it, because we are a visual species. It is basic biology. But that is not always the case. You are being a sexist prick. I am not trying to put you down, but you are being a massive sexist prick.

I agree with you about the acne stigma. People push it off as if it is easier to cure than it is.

Stop your sexist bullshit, though. Men are exactly the same. Thanks.

Feel awful. I stopped taking birth control and spiro because my husband and I were going to try to conceive and my face has exploded with acne! Silly me to think that maybe acne was behind me :(

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

Its been more than a month since I started taking daily probiotic supplements and I am definitely seeing improvements. I am by no means cured, but the frequency and severity of my acne has definitely gone down. I know what works for one person may not work for another, but if you haven't given probiotics a shot, please try it. It may help you too. (I am taking Bifilac three times a day on an empty stomach with lots of water).

@marbleartist & TemperateCent - please keep your posts "on topic" in the forums. If you wish to continue your discourse then I suggest you do so via PM. Any further posts made along this subject matter will be deleted including the ones already made.

AyeAye - Acne.org Moderating Team

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

The emotional trauma starts again. I'm a few months pregnant and my acne has flared up with a vengeance. It's even worse than when I went on Accutane 10 years ago, except this time, Accutane and most other options for severe cystic acne are not options while pregnant. I have many huge, bright red cysts all over my face

The emotional trauma starts again. I'm a few months pregnant and my acne has flared up with a vengeance. It's even worse than when I went on Accutane 10 years ago, except this time, Accutane and most other options for severe cystic acne are not options while pregnant. I have many huge, bright red cysts all over my face

I am so sorry that you're struggling during a time that you sould be enjoying your pregnancy. There are some topicals that are approved for use during this time so contact your derm, eat as healthy as you can and try to refocus your attentions elsewhere. Hopefully you have a supportive partner, family and friends.

Feeling annoyed with my skin. My acne is definitely changing and I haven't seen any improvements yet from my naturopath or derm. I'm still early in treatment though so not giving up yet.

1 person likes this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I feel like crap! My derm bumped my Spiro from 50mg to 75mg and now I got another IB !!! My whole lower face has a lot of white heads that have turned into cysts! Its so painful. I went to my derm this morning to get all of them injected, I felt so embarrassed to walk around with my face so swollen and bloody! So now my dermatologist has prescribed me 100mgs, im scared to even take it!!!!!!!

Edited by leelowe1

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

UGHGHHHH... LOL, finals is stressing me out to the max; myriads of abstruse concepts I have to absorb in a short amount of time. My skin is feeling inflamed and warm right now. I feel like an ominous break out is bound to happen! I need to RELAX!

I've been in the library for 5 hours now! I need some coffee... :/

Edited by KimchiiMonsturr

Skin care Regimen:

-Cleanser: Kojie San kojic acid soap.

-Moisturizer: Nature's Pearl Muscadine 20™ Ultra Rich Lotion

-Serum: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

-Toner: HADA LABO Shiro-jyun Clear Lotion

-Moisturizing Oil: Camellia Oil
-Creme: PUREBESS Snail School Recovery Gel Cream
-Sunscreen: Eltamd UV clear SPF 46
Supplements:
- Astaxanthin
- Muscadine grape seeds
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- Organic vitamin D3
- Matcha powder
- White tea
Diet:
-Organic foods only ( Vegetables and fruits ).
- No GMOs.
- No processed foods.
- 0.5 to 1 gallon of water.
- Lots of fish ( good source of healthy fats ).
Exercise:
-Exercise everyday for 45-60 minutes.
Stress Management:
- Reading books, listening to classical music, self-reflect.

“One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
私は決してあきらめないだろう。

Skin wise, my weekend is off to a crappy start. Differin is definitely purging me something awful, especially around my hairline (where i rarely break out) and around my mouth/chin. I am seriously bummed. On top of that, the acne is red and itches on and off. I'm not even up to using it every night and I don't know if i'll get to that point. I also added Evening Prim Rose and a Probiotic to my list of supplements so who knows how that will effect the mix. My skin is just so bloody awful. Aczone seems to help with some bumps but not most so I don't know. I know it's still really early in treatment and that I need to be patient but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with, especially with the holidays around the corner.

God is holding me up though, i know that for a FACT!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Haven't posted here in a long time. Last I posted I was taking antibiotics my doc prescribed. 3 weeks into medication and I broke out in terrible, painful hives all over my body. Had to stop taking them. About two weeks ago I had another really bad breakout, big cystic zits all over my cheeks and chin. Mostly cleared up now, but the scars they're leaving behind are destroying me.. I don't even mess with my acne. I let it run its course, yet every time a pimple goes away it leaves behind a giant dark red mark. Ugh. My whole face looks like it's broken out despite being relatively clear due to these things...

Upped my water intake, changed toothpastes, avoiding dairy like the plague, bought the entire Regimen kit instead of just the face wash (it arrives tomorrow, hoping this clears my face up for good) and started using some korean bee venom + snail slime extract for scarring. I'm so pissed that my acne has begun appearing on my cheeks now instead of just my chin. Eh. Hoping I have a clear face for the road trip my boyfriend and I are taking Monday to see my parents. Until then, I'm going to avoid any natural light and weep quietly in the corner. ;____;

I came back home for christmas in the middle of one of the worst breakouts ive had in the last couple months. My chin looks inflammed and it hurts, yet all the people is telling me that i look way more handsome now than i did in the summer. And i am not talking about my grandma telling me im the most handsome boy in the world, im talking about friends, acquitances...

I guess its because i gained 4 kg (i was quite skinny) and i my new hairstyle suits me better and etc

I feel quite ugly right now because of my breakout, but nobody seems to notice my acne. Im the only person who notices my pimples, and it doesnt surprise me. I remember a year ago when i had porcelain skin, i never cared about people's acne, so why would clear people care about my acne now

I came back home for christmas in the middle of one of the worst breakouts ive had in the last couple months. My chin looks inflammed and it hurts, yet all the people is telling me that i look way more handsome now than i did in the summer. And i am not talking about my grandma telling me im the most handsome boy in the world, im talking about friends, acquitances...

I guess its because i gained 4 kg (i was quite skinny) and i my new hairstyle suits me better and etc

I feel quite ugly right now because of my breakout, but nobody seems to notice my acne. Im the only person who notices my pimples, and it doesnt surprise me. I remember a year ago when i had porcelain skin, i never cared about people's acne, so why would clear people care about my acne now

Do you have acne because you deserve it?

What kind of question is that. No one deserves acne.

Edited by paigems
1 person likes this

I have come to realize that no matter how much we try to convince ourselves that people don't notice our skin and that its not as bad as we think, it's all wishful thinking. I've been having a much better attitude about my skin lately despite the continuous deep breakouts. I at some point had almost convinced myself that it wasn't as bad as I thought and then my co-worker gave me a tea tree set from the body shop thats 'good for skin'. It's an awkward gift to get from someone who is not a friend and I definitely know that her heart was in the right place but still - it made me pause. I hate being known as the girl with the bad skin, especially when there are so many wonderful attributes to me.

Feeling pretty much done with life. Never, ever in my 19 year struggle with acne have I felt so low. Finishing up third course of acctuane which has failed me. Using tretinoin for the past 3 weeks and I have on confidence or faith it will work. I no longer have any stomach or resilience left for this neverending fight :( Wish I wasn't here.

Feeling pretty much done with life. Never, ever in my 19 year struggle with acne have I felt so low. Finishing up third course of acctuane which has failed me. Using tretinoin for the past 3 weeks and I have on confidence or faith it will work. I no longer have any stomach or resilience left for this neverending fight Wish I wasn't here.

JJ, we all get into these funks but like all things in life, there is a season for everything. Some seasons may seems exceptionally long but they don't last for ever. I'm still fighting the good fight like you and I have done 4 courses of accutane to no avail. I try to live each day well and it has given me perspective. I still think having acne sucks but I try to find little kernels of happiness because I deserve it and so do you.

Enjoy this holiday season and all the best for 2015

1 person likes this

Feeling pretty much done with life. Never, ever in my 19 year struggle with acne have I felt so low. Finishing up third course of acctuane which has failed me. Using tretinoin for the past 3 weeks and I have on confidence or faith it will work. I no longer have any stomach or resilience left for this neverending fight Wish I wasn't here.

Hold stong. As a longtime sufferer I hope you can maybe remember times you've felt at your lowest, but pressed forward and managed to climb out of it. Grasp onto anything to make you fee better, even small things like music or a hobby that brings a little light. Just hearing this small part of your story, I'm glad you're here.

I attempted suicide 6 years ago on my birthday because my skin was relentlessly fighting me on top of other life issues. I'm still here battling this shit, at a new low, but I'm glad I failed. The lows are going to happen, but they never last.

Thanks for the support. It's so, so hard for me at the moment and I just don't see a positive future outcome :(

I think my skin is paying the price of all of the hypercaloric christmas food.

I was somewhat confident in my skin despite being broken out in the chin, but my latest breakout is just too much.

Today i woke with a giant cyst in the middle of the cheek, rock-solid, and bright red, a huge whitehead in the middle of the chin, and small-medium sized pimples along the jawline.

Looking at the mirror makes me feel utterly depressed, at the moment i can't even look people in the eyes, i feel disgusting.

breaking out and feeling bad

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

I dont know why, but this last week my skin has erupted. My cheeks, usually acne-free, are broken out with lots of cyst. It hurts to move my face, it itches a lot, both my cheeks are very irritated...

My skin is right now at the worst it has ever been, and its not even close.

I've got exams but i cant even study, i spend the whole day sleeping because i dont want to be awake with the current state of my skin.

1 person likes this

still breaking out

but here's to 2015 and accepting our skin and not giving up!

2 people like this

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

Hey everyone, I missed you! Happy new year! The past few months have been very difficult for me...I moved my entire life halfway across the world towards an uncertain future, and life threw some curveballs at me. Basically, I had some of my lowest and weakest moments in the past couple of months. The worst thing was not the things that happened in my life - it was how I dealt with them and how I mentally made them worse than they were initially. I lost my positive outlook and felt completely broken and discouraged. At my lowest point, I tried to remember those less fortunate and feel grateful for even the simple things I take for granted every day.

The only positive thing that came out of this strife was that I stopped obsessing about my skin because I had much bigger problems to worry about. Once I stopped obsessing, my skin became more controllable and, ironically, clearer. Having clear skin did not improve my life. Having a positive and cheerful outlook is what will improve it, and hopefully the rest will fall into place. I'm starting the new year with a more positive outlook and ready to contribute more to this community through research & experience. I try to keep myself busy every day, reduce stress, and remove toxic things from my life. I hope everyone here does the same.

On a more practical note, I'm working on new research regarding inflammation, histamines, and how to control them, if anyone is interested.

3 people like this

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

My acne isn't even that bad today but my skin is dry and flaky from BP and negative temperatures. I tried to wear foundation today and it just flaked off. I cried in the bathroom today at work. I'm so sick of feeling like this. I play a 12 year old in a show opening this week and I know the audience won't be that close to my face and stage lights will wash it out but I want them to see a happy, healthy little girl on stage, not a 23 year old woman with a mustache (can't wax it because there's acne nearby), red marks, and dry flaky skin.

Current status: CLEAR. Hyperpigmentation. Redness. Occasional Pimple. Clogged pores between eyebrows. Meh.

Current skin-care regimen:
Simple Micellar Water on a few cotton rounds, AM/PM.
Artistry Youth Xtend Protecting Cream (AM/PM)
Artistry Youth Xtend Eye Cream (PM)

Breathing. Sleeping. Exercising. Doing/Eating things that make me happy. Not obsessing about my skin.

How I got clear (between Jan and April, 2015):

Morning:

Panoxyl Creamy Wash 4% BP

Clindamycin 1%

Artistry Youth Xtend Protecting Cream - SPF 15

Evening:

Cerave Hydrating Cleanser

Differin (Adapalene) (every other night or so)

Artistry Youth Xtend Enriching Cream

Birth Control:

Loryna. Switched from Yaz, 6/1/15