How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,774 posts in this topic

The regimen is doing absolute wonders, but I am keeping up other healthy habits as well.

I have to say, though, these forums usually cheer me up when I'm feeling like an outcast due to my skin. That's mainly why I finally decide to create an account instead of lurking forever. It's nice to be in the company of (mostly) supportive folks who share a common bane, haha.

That's also why I'm here!

Aren't women supposed to be more attractive while ovulating?

My whole body doesn't want me to be more attractive, it's like all my spots were saying to a common voice, all together: "NO, we disagree" haha.

3 people like this

This week has started out crazy. I got into a car accident on Monday and my car got broken into on Tuesday. Mentally, i am exhausted. My acne is flaring....again and nothing is improving. I am not depressed or upset by any of these things but a small part of me is annoyed. A break from everything would be appreciated. God is good though because while i'm waiting, life otherwise has been great

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

omg, I'm starting to actually see results. been on antibiotics for about two weeks now. i've been getting less breakouts than normal, and currently only have one cystic zit on my jaw. my cheeks are completely clear, the whole left and middle of my chin and jaw are clear. just three little pimples + a large cystic one on my right side jaw and chin. I actually can barely believe it. i'm ovulating this week, too, and I usually get HUGE breakouts during this time.

i'm so happy that i'm seeing results. i have A LOT of scarring to take care of, though. but omg! i actually feel pretty good about my skin today. so strange!

My face hasn't had acne apart from the odd spot for ages but my right cheek is a mess at the moment :(

I'm not sure if it's something in the air as a few people in work seem to have broken out that never have acne!

My acne is terrible right now. I mean, not my cystic teenage-self bad, but worse than it's been in years. I'm 27, why won't it go away. So frustrating.

yesterday i shaved, and even thought i havent had any active acne in the cheeks since a couple years, ive got a lot of red marks, making it look like theres pimples everywhere.

My chin is a mess, ive been eating poorly for the last month and its definitely showing.

Im thinking about going to the derm to talk about red marks, it cant be normal for red marks to last over a year, every pimple ive had since summer, there's still a red mark

sorry for my bad english but im quite tired and depressed and dont feel like paying too much attention to the construction of this paragraphs, just wanted to vent.

Stress this week and missed one night sleep before a big day and now I'm breaking out. I haven't broken out really in months... wah

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

My face hurts due to the inflammation - ouch! Hating my acne now more than ever.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Im thinking about going to the derm to talk about red marks, it cant be normal for red marks to last over a year, every pimple ive had since summer, there's still a red mark.

I've got some red marks that has been on my face for about two years now. Just saying so that you dont feel alone :)
1 person likes this

Diagnosed with PCOS

Occasional acne + rolling scars

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control
- Spironolactone 37,5mg going 25mg
- Inositol powder 2 times/day before meal

Skincare:

- Hemp oil

yesterday i shaved, and even thought i havent had any active acne in the cheeks since a couple years, ive got a lot of red marks, making it look like theres pimples everywhere.

My chin is a mess, ive been eating poorly for the last month and its definitely showing.

Im thinking about going to the derm to talk about red marks, it cant be normal for red marks to last over a year, every pimple ive had since summer, there's still a red mark

sorry for my bad english but im quite tired and depressed and dont feel like paying too much attention to the construction of this paragraphs, just wanted to vent.

Don't worry, the more years you have acne the more permanent red marks and scars you'll have all over your face. My skin is completely destroyed from years of acne. It's not enough that I looked hideous for years, now I have indented scars in my skin. It's gotten to the point where I don't even like to look in the mirror anymore because I'm so hideous.

not true red marks goes in time ...scars are another thing

Edited by fouzi94
1 person likes this

accutane first course 4 months (10 and 20 mg)

face was clear half way trough the 4th mounth ....stopped accutane due to blood test (which i think they were high due to weight lifting not accutane)

===============

tried the diet thing ...helped with acne but never total clear plus lost a lot of weight (not good for me)

===================================

NOW

starting accutane second course

10 mg a day for 74 day (done)

jumping to 20 mg/day ever since 8 may 2015

follow my blog for my journey's updates and other fun posts

Don't worry, the more years you have acne the more permanent red marks and scars you'll have all over your face. My skin is completely destroyed from years of acne. It's not enough that I looked hideous for years, now I have indented scars in my skin. It's gotten to the point where I don't even like to look in the mirror anymore because I'm so hideous.

not true red marks goes in time ...scars are another thing

They'll fade years from now when you look old and shitty anyway.

usually 6 months to a year for red marks to go away completely ....i noticed that myself ...but one should prevent new ones from forming ....prevention is the key

1 person likes this

accutane first course 4 months (10 and 20 mg)

face was clear half way trough the 4th mounth ....stopped accutane due to blood test (which i think they were high due to weight lifting not accutane)

===============

tried the diet thing ...helped with acne but never total clear plus lost a lot of weight (not good for me)

===================================

NOW

starting accutane second course

10 mg a day for 74 day (done)

jumping to 20 mg/day ever since 8 may 2015

follow my blog for my journey's updates and other fun posts

Feeling like if this second round of Accutane doesn't work I'm moving to a secluded island and living off of the land, never to see or speak to anybody ever again.

My acne is allowing me to develop the patience of JOB. It's painful, deep, red, cystic and there is multiples of it. Not seeing an end in sight.....

It's finals week and my stress meter is off the charts. I've been studying 6-7 hours a day for my didactic portion of my nurse anesthetist program, not including clinicals, and barely getting enough sleep. It's a miracle how I haven't developed one zit yet. Hopefully my skin survives all the bombardment of stressors this week.

Having a positive outlook ! ! :D

Skin care Regimen:

-Cleanser: Kojie San kojic acid soap.

-Moisturizer: Nature's Pearl Muscadine 20™ Ultra Rich Lotion

-Serum: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

-Toner: HADA LABO Shiro-jyun Clear Lotion

-Moisturizing Oil: Camellia Oil
-Creme: PUREBESS Snail School Recovery Gel Cream
-Sunscreen: Eltamd UV clear SPF 46
Supplements:
- Astaxanthin
- Muscadine grape seeds
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- Organic vitamin D3
- Matcha powder
- White tea
Diet:
-Organic foods only ( Vegetables and fruits ).
- No GMOs.
- No processed foods.
- 0.5 to 1 gallon of water.
- Lots of fish ( good source of healthy fats ).
Exercise:
-Exercise everyday for 45-60 minutes.
Stress Management:
- Reading books, listening to classical music, self-reflect.

“One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
私は決してあきらめないだろう。

Did my third Fraxel re:store on Monday, so it means a week with a nasty crust on my cheek and angry bright redness, ew. Hope it goes away as smoothly as other 2 times.

Diagnosed with PCOS

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control

Skincare:

- Hemp oil

Just wanted to sign in and share with everyone how appreciative I am for this board and helping me in achieving clear skin. It was a lifelong battle and finally was diagnosed with PCOS and started Spironolactone and Ocella (generic Yasmin) last year, Dec 30th to be exact. What followed were 4+ months of worsening skin, depression, anxiety and I almost gave up. Then the medicine finally started working.

Medicine may not be right for everyone, but I can say that it changed my life. I dreamed of clear skin, not worrying about my skin, living a carefree life. It took 33 years, but I was able to find this. To all the ladies that have hormonal concerns and considering, I am happy to share my experience and urge you to continue to look into testing- hormones, endocrinologist, etc. I continue to be thankful and pray on a daily and weekly basis for all the support and information you all provided me. I am feeling thankful and sending love to all of you on here.

2 people like this

12/30/2013- Started Spironolactone 50mg then up to 75mg with Yas
2/2015 stopped BCP due to Aphasia/Migraines
2/2015 Spiro upped  to 100mg no BCP
1/2016 Spiro upped  to 125mg no BCP

2/2016- starting Berberine 500mg 3x day

Daily skin care routine from Makeup Artists Choice

MUAC Mandelic Acid Cleanser

MUAC Mandelic Acid Toner
BP Dan's
Cerave PM- mix in Dan's AHA at night

Exfoliation- MUAC Mandelic and Lactic Acid Peels

I don't usually get acne anymore but over the last month or so it has been really bad. Why can't we just have normal skin :(

hey, I'm 14 and from Norway. my acne is bad. u have just small pimpels do, but I am red so red. my pimpels are small but a lot, my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, my chin, back and neck. another huh?

I think that I was 12 when I got it. I cind of saw it comming, my sister and brother hAve a lot of acne, pluss my mom and dad said that they had a lot when they where teenageer's. I think a lot about run away from everybody I know so I can have a lot of makeup on and not be jugde if I have acne or to much makeup on cus nobody nows who I am.

a lot of people that I have met have acne, then say that their parents are so annoying. "My mom always want me to go too the doctor ", they say. all I want is to have my parents to care!They always are gon because they have a meeting, or some job stuff.

god, to be honest, I think that I need to go too a therapist

Just wanted to sign in and share with everyone how appreciative I am for this board and helping me in achieving clear skin. It was a lifelong battle and finally was diagnosed with PCOS and started Spironolactone and Ocella (generic Yasmin) last year, Dec 30th to be exact. What followed were 4+ months of worsening skin, depression, anxiety and I almost gave up. Then the medicine finally started working.

Medicine may not be right for everyone, but I can say that it changed my life. I dreamed of clear skin, not worrying about my skin, living a carefree life. It took 33 years, but I was able to find this. To all the ladies that have hormonal concerns and considering, I am happy to share my experience and urge you to continue to look into testing- hormones, endocrinologist, etc. I continue to be thankful and pray on a daily and weekly basis for all the support and information you all provided me. I am feeling thankful and sending love to all of you on here.

Same here. I'm clear and happy thanks to Spironolactone and Yasmin. These two changed my life :)

Diagnosed with PCOS

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control

Skincare:

- Hemp oil

**sighs*** acne suxxx!!! why do they haveee to be on the face out of all placesss argg...

Anyways my bad sucks today because of my stupid acne.. nowadays i have such low self esteem i don't even wanna do anything see anyone. I'm just really embarrassed. My acne is now the worst its EVER been.. my older sister is so pretty takes so much selfie and when ever she wants to include me i want to punch her bad. its pretty much my fault for letting myself down so badly, but what can i do my acme is taking over my life. i wished my parents cared more and would take me to get my hormones tested. I am pretty sure i have very high androgen level for a female and that explains my acne, oily skin, masculine built, facial hair (VERY noticeable) and deep voice.. oh god life is hating on me good...

if ever my acne gets better i would cry my eyes out but......................until that day comes people..........

I'm 22. I've had pretty severe acne since I was 12. It certainly isn't as bad as it used to be, but every morning I look in the mirror and see a face full of scars staring back at me; an instant reminder of how painful the last 10 years have been.

It's Saturday. I've been playing video games, watching Netflix, and sleeping since I got home from work on Friday. I probably won't leave my apartment until Monday morning. I cherish this time alone, but at the same time I hate it.

I guess it's a normal day. I don't really have good days. Some days are just more bearable than others. I hope it gets easier. Every year feels like an eternity when you're not in control.

A girl i like told me that my "hash addiction" was making my skin to look bad. I completely lost my cool and told her that she had moustache and that she was a nerd. Neither its true, she looks like Taylor Swift and is quite intelligent, but she is by no meanings a nerd.

Now im angry that i told that to a girl i really liked, but who the f*ck she thinks she is to tell me that my skin looks bad. And one of the reasons i smoke so much hash is to cope with the fact that my skin looks bad.

Plus she talked about hash like if it was crack and i was a junkie. Now i feel like shit about my acne and just want to stay in my room forever. Stupid b*tch.