How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,775 posts in this topic

feel like shit like always, and its not the acne its the scars. i dont know how much more i can hold on.

I'm pretty depressed today. Yesterday morning my entire left side of my cheek and jaw was pulsing from whatever was going on under my skin, and today I woke up with about 5 giant zits in that area - and two extras on the right side. Thankfully they were almost all whiteheads when I woke up, so they'll be gone soon, but still. I'm going to blame this breakout on my period, since it starts Wednesday. And I have a huge red bump under my right eye and I'm not sure if it's going to be cystic or not yet. Either way, owwww, my face. x____x

Uggh! I have one pimple on my face! Well, it could be worse and I don't do anything alse but wash with a mild cleanser twice a day, so it's not all that bad..

I remember my roots, I was raised in mount olympus by my father Zeus.

Today I am the lowest I've been in my whole life. I cried about 7 times today, and could not smile or be happy for anything. Usually during a day, there are things I can joke and laugh about with my family, but today and the past few days, I have hardly spoken to them. All my friends keep sending me pictures of them enjoying themselves and I just sit at home and cry, cry and cry again. I would say I am beyond just depression. I have no motivation to do anything, not even make breakfast in the mornings. I wake up, cry, play videogames, cry, cry, have dinner, cry. That is my life. I can't see it changing anytime soon. I have a doctor's appointment in a few days and I'm praying that he will refer me to a derm, who can put me on accutane. I don't care about side effects, I would take anything over my current situation. I physically can't leave the house and my heart starts to race if I venture outside. I feel so low, I would give up everything just for a clear face.

Back to square 1 - I think i'm going to take a break from the site as it has become my second job.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

My skin is the worst its been in years.

Im going to the derma in a few days, i dont know if ill be taking accutane or an oral antibiotc, but i know im afraid of initial breakouts.

Sometimes i wish i had no family and friends, just so nobody would suffer if i decided to take my own life. That's how im feeling.

My skin is the worst its been in years.

Im going to the derma in a few days, i dont know if ill be taking accutane or an oral antibiotc, but i know im afraid of initial breakouts.

Sometimes i wish i had no family and friends, just so nobody would suffer if i decided to take my own life. That's how im feeling.

Don't wish that. We all go through seasons where we feel life is worthless and meaningless but remember even the longest seasons are not indefinite. You are loved and even though things hurt right now, it will get better in time.

In the interim, keep your head up, keep busy, keep uplifted and know that you have support. When i get down, i read the Book of Job and the story of Joseph (sold into slavery). If these men can overcome their circumstances, then so can we

2 people like this

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

feeling like fetid mushroom

Feeling rubbish. I've popped two of my mega zits today but they'll take a long time to go down and flatten out. Meanwhile I have at least 100 tiny closed comedone bumps under my skin which are all around my jaw on both sides. Will this only end after they've all erupted? blah

I think like most people here my skin has good days, and then really bad days. Recently I haven't had many active pimples, but strangely the redness and PIH from past flareups hasn't been going down as much as it used too. Also I have the remnants of a cyst on my cheek and it seems to have stopped absorbing back or going down, strange. Acne what a cruel and confusing ailment. But still gotta keep your hopes up! Besides in ~30 years all of our consciousness will be uploaded to the internet, then you can look like whoever you wish :). Clear Eyes, full hearts. CANT LOSE.

i got to see a friend i didnt see since last june, actually i have a huge crush on her. Anyways, we were dining and she goes and tells me that i was getting pimples.

She didnt say it in a mean way, and I played it cool like i didnt care, told her its because ive been partying hard and bad diet etc.

Now im all depressed, staring at the mirror continuosly, realising that acne has taken over my face in a span of 3 months.

it's been a week since I started taking some hormone pills for treating women's acne...and I haven't had a new breakout in three days!

still dealing with a few leftover zits, but overall I'm seeing improvement. my face has a tendency to clear up completely and then break out really bad, though, so...

Hi everyone...I've been MIA for over a month now, but now I'm back. I just want to say that if acne is your (and mine) biggest issue, then you will be fine. The reason I was absent from acne.org was because other life problems took up an enormous amount of energy and left me with no time to obsess about my skin. Which, in the end, was a positive thing because now I don't freak out if I get a breakout because I have bigger things to worry about. Not to say I'm not insecure at times, but I try to appreciate myself every day because if I don't, nobody will.

In terms of practical advice, the best thing I did for myself these past couple of months was simplify my life. I removed things and situations that were causing me unnecessary stress, such as financial issues, and I have to say that a huge load has been lifted. Not only am I sleeping better, my skin is regaining its glow and my allergic reactions have lessened significantly (could also be due to the fact that I left the land of preservatives and GMOs).

So, my advice would be to try and simplify your life. Cut out unnecessary stress and toxic relationships....life is too short for that.

3 people like this

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

my face is doing exactly what I figured it would do. clears up significantly and then proceeds to break out again. u___u hello, 3 new zits!

Hi everyone...I've been MIA for over a month now, but now I'm back. I just want to say that if acne is your (and mine) biggest issue, then you will be fine. The reason I was absent from acne.org was because other life problems took up an enormous amount of energy and left me with no time to obsess about my skin. Which, in the end, was a positive thing because now I don't freak out if I get a breakout because I have bigger things to worry about. Not to say I'm not insecure at times, but I try to appreciate myself every day because if I don't, nobody will.

In terms of practical advice, the best thing I did for myself these past couple of months was simplify my life. I removed things and situations that were causing me unnecessary stress, such as financial issues, and I have to say that a huge load has been lifted. Not only am I sleeping better, my skin is regaining its glow and my allergic reactions have lessened significantly (could also be due to the fact that I left the land of preservatives and GMOs).

So, my advice would be to try and simplify your life. Cut out unnecessary stress and toxic relationships....life is too short for that.

I can totally relate to this! I was worrying so much about my skin and then I had to have an emergency appendectomy and now I'm having a second surgery for complications tomorrow. Of course I still am worrying about my skin, but there really are worse things that can happen to you.

1 person likes this

I am so happy that what I have been doing is working! In the past, I dreaded touching my face to put on meds/moisturizer/sunscreen because of the perpetual lumpy bumpiness, but it is now so smooth! I still have lots of hyperpigmentation and some light scarring, but it is smooooth. Hallelujah. Now I love touching my skin. I can't stop! It's like I just turned a corner and my acne deflated all at once. Happy day

1 person likes this

After months of following the Regimen to the T, I finally started slipping. I've been sleeping with my makeup on for weekends because I can't bear the thought of my new BF seeing me without makeup when I visit on weekends. By some miracle, I haven't broken out from it yet.....but it's coming. I just know it is. Unless my decade+ of acne problems magically resolved itself, I will be majorly paying the price soon. I don't even want to date anymore. Hiding my face constantly is so exhausting. And no there is no convincing me to be seen without makeup. I need to be alone.

Edited by aeris7

Hey guys! Just wanted to share my experience with Fraxel re:store so far, treating my rolling scars left over by cystic acne. 1,5 weeks ago I got my first treatment done and I can't tell you how excited I am about the results!! No, my scars haven't magically disappeared yet, but I am very pleased with the improvement. Before going under the laser, I made sure I have realistic expectations from this treatment, maybe that's why it wasn't a disappointment. Fraxel re:store promises 15-20% improvement each time and that's exactly what I got. I noticed that the scars are not as deep and some smaller ones have become smoother. I haven't gotten any side effects! The Fraxel reviews are pretty low on this site, but I suspect that it's all about not having hopes that 1-2 treatments will solve it all. We'll see how it's gonna go later, but so far I'd recommend fraxel for sure. :)

2 people like this

Diagnosed with PCOS

Occasional acne + rolling scars

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control
- Spironolactone 37,5mg going 25mg
- Inositol powder 2 times/day before meal

Skincare:

- Hemp oil

I am having a good skin day. No zits. Too bad my good mood was ruined by "you look tired" comments" from others....there's no satisfying people...

^ Ugh I hate "you look tired" comments. I bet you look awesome...

And I'm happy you're having a good skin day! It is so nice to not have that layer of unhappiness on top of (all the other) pains and joys of life. Yay for good skin and for the weekend.

2 people like this

I can totally relate to this! I was worrying so much about my skin and then I had to have an emergency appendectomy and now I'm having a second surgery for complications tomorrow. Of course I still am worrying about my skin, but there really are worse things that can happen to you.

So sorry to hear this. Good luck! I hope everything works out for you! It really puts things into perspective, especially for people who are on here complaining about 1-2 little zits.

Edited by WishClean

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

<p>My friend sent a text and it said &quot;acne&quot; instead of &quot;can&quot; in a sentence. He then sent another text saying &quot;stupid auto correct.&quot;&nbsp;</p>

<p>Even though I know for a fact that it was auto correct, it didn't stop me from obsessing for about an hour of whether or not he was making fun of my acne. Two decades of having people blatantly make fun of and insult me because of my acne has made me so paranoid that I now think some people are making fun of me when they're not.</p>

Edited by aeris7

<p>My friend sent a text and it said &quot;acne&quot; instead of &quot;can&quot; in a sentence. He then sent another text saying &quot;stupid auto correct.&quot;&nbsp;</p>

<p>Even though I know for a fact that it was auto correct, it didn't stop me from obsessing for about an hour of whether or not he was making fun of my acne. Two decades of having people blatantly make fun of and insult me because of my acne has made me so paranoid that I now think some people are making fun of me when they're not.</p>

I know what you mean, but think of it this way. If anyone is making fun of something as superficial as acne, it says more about them than you.

1 person likes this

Grocery list:

TemperateCent, on 15 Oct 2014 - 14:33, said:

aeris7, on 14 Oct 2014 - 02:39, said:

&lt;p&gt;My friend sent a text and it said &amp;quot;acne&amp;quot; instead of &amp;quot;can&amp;quot; in a sentence. He then sent another text saying &amp;quot;stupid auto correct.&amp;quot;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

&lt;p&gt;Even though I know for a fact that it was auto correct, it didn't stop me from obsessing for about an hour of whether or not he was making fun of my acne. Two decades of having people blatantly make fun of and insult me because of my acne has made me so paranoid that I now think some people are making fun of me when they're not.&lt;/p&gt;

Get over it.

I am entitled to feel what I feel. This is the one place I won't hide my feelings.
2 people like this

^ Yeah, dude, back off. You are pretty... negative. This is a place to talk about feelings, and your comment was rude.

1 person likes this