How ya feelin' about your acne today?

7,808 posts in this topic

I really want clear skin like 98% of the population. It would be great. Feeling like I have been held back in life for too long, makes my fuckin stomach hurt just thinking about it.

I really want clear skin like 98% of the population. It would be great. Feeling like I have been held back in life for too long, makes my fuckin stomach hurt just thinking about it.

I was going through hell for the past 6 months. Cystic acne all over my face and was dealing with full time work as an on-site support and doing part-time uni. The amount of times I had to face people I was self-conscious every minute of the day wishing for it to end.

But now acne has cleared up dramatically and just dealing with PIH and 1 rather massive active pimple that sprung to life today :/

You just need to keep reminding yourself that better days are to come and while on the surface it may hold you back on some aspects of life, make sure it doesn't affect the more important things in life. (ie was close to skipping all lectures,tutes and failing. calling in sick to work so I don't need to face clients)

Now that I reflected back on my last 6 months, I feel I can cope with acne better mentally and don't let it control my life as much.

I am my own worst enemy

I don't feel like I can do this anymore.

Hey Savy, just wanted to tell you that you can do this! It's really hard and I know what it's like to go through really dark periods where you feel hopeless, but just remember if you keep your head up and keep moving forward you'll get through the worst parts of life and come out a stronger person as a result. Try and hang tough and just do the best you can. I read your blog and you're a very courageous and inspirational person, I'll keep you in my thoughts and I hope things get better soon. <3

2 people like this

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil

My Regimen Log:

Hey Savy, just wanted to tell you that you can do this! It's really hard and I know what it's like to go through really dark periods where you feel hopeless, but just remember if you keep your head up and keep moving forward you'll get through the worst parts of life and come out a stronger person as a result. Try and hang tough and just do the best you can. I read your blog and you're a very courageous and inspirational person, I'll keep you in my thoughts and I hope things get better soon. <3

Thank you! Reading this actually made me cry. I've been feeling suicidal again lately and I've been in a really dark, depressed place, and it's really scary. Your hopeful words and support have made me feel a little better and have encouraged me to stay strong. I'll try to hang in there. Thank you for being a friend. You are always so kind and sweet. <3

Thank you! Reading this actually made me cry. I've been feeling suicidal again lately and I've been in a really dark, depressed place, and it's really scary. Your hopeful words and support have made me feel a little better and have encouraged me to stay strong. I'll try to hang in there. Thank you for being a friend. You are always so kind and sweet. <3

'The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen' - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

4 people like this

'The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen' - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

very true and beautiful,really!

i'll make this my status for a while!

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

The last couple days have not been good. I've tried to "not care," I've tried saying, "F--- it, this is who I am," but it's hard to do that every. single. day. Every day is a fight and having the energy to put yourself out there in the world and pretend you look normal and ignore stares, pretend like they don't bother you, to just to go home and see you have yet another large cyst.

You try to eat the best you can everyday (no dairy, no simple carbs, no alcohol), you don't touch your face, you wash and treat your face exactly how your derm has instructed. You take the medications EXACTLY as prescribed, and even though they give you a wicked stomach ache, you say it's worth it because I will have less cysts some day. Then you wake up the next day only to find one, two or three more. You would like to enjoy a beer and have some pretzels on occasion, but I'll be darned if you would like to just have one GD meal where you can actually enjoy yourself and not worry if having a carb or ice cream cone will make you break out. Everything gets analyzed and assessed as to how it will affect your skin. Get sun, but not too much, wear sunscreen, but it may make you breakout. Before you know it, nothing is enjoyable anymore and all your time is spent wondering how things will affect your skin. Oh, and above all, don't stress out. Right. That's super easy.

Tell me how to fix this. I'll do it. But no one can.

There is so much advice out there on what to do, what not do that you try to remember all the advice and wonder if you forgot just the one tiny thing that is the "answer" to all of it! Is the Cod Liver Oil pills making it worse? Am I taking too much Zinc? Not enough? Should I take Zinc with food? Do I start taking Calcium too? What about D3? I've been told it's in the normal range, but that's supposed to help. Do I take that? Eat eggs, don't eat meat, ok, eat meat, but not too much. I could go on and on with advice I've read.

There is SO MUCH INFORMATION OUT THERE and I completely understand that causes of acne can vary. Totally get that. But it would be nice if some day someone could figure out the cause with a simple test that is clear and accurate. The test will immediately say causation is diet, hormones, whatever. All I know is it feels like there's one or two serious medications out there that seem to temporarily fix acne, but they are not full proof.

I hate feeling so down about this. There are people who are much worse conditions. I try to remember that when I get down. The fight gets harder when you feel like nothing is working.

Edited by MaskedOne

The last couple days have not been good. I've tried to "not care," I've tried saying, "F--- it, this is who I am," but it's hard to do that every. single. day. Every day is a fight and having the energy to put yourself out there in the world and pretend you look normal and ignore stares, pretend like they don't bother you, to just to go home and see you have yet another large cyst.

You try to eat the best you can everyday (no dairy, no simple carbs, no alcohol), you don't touch your face, you wash and treat your face exactly how your derm has instructed. You take the medications EXACTLY as prescribed, and even though they give you a wicked stomach ache, you say it's worth it because I will have less cysts some day. Then you wake up the next day only to find one, two or three more. You would like to enjoy a beer and have some pretzels on occasion, but I'll be darned if you would like to just have one GD meal where you can actually enjoy yourself and not worry if having a carb or ice cream cone will make you break out. Everything gets analyzed and assessed as to how it will affect your skin. Get sun, but not too much, wear sunscreen, but it may make you breakout. Before you know it, nothing is enjoyable anymore and all your time is spent wondering how things will affect your skin. Oh, and above all, don't stress out. Right. That's super easy.

Tell me how to fix this. I'll do it. But no one can.

There is so much advice out there on what to do, what not do that you try to remember all the advice and wonder if you forgot just the one tiny thing that is the "answer" to all of it! Is the Cod Liver Oil pills making it worse? Am I taking too much Zinc? Not enough? Should I take Zinc with food? Do I start taking Calcium too? What about D3? I've been told it's in the normal range, but that's supposed to help. Do I take that? Eat eggs, don't eat meat, ok, eat meat, but not too much. I could go on and on with advice I've read.

There is SO MUCH INFORMATION OUT THERE and I completely understand that causes of acne can vary. Totally get that. But it would be nice if some day someone could figure out the cause with a simple test that is clear and accurate. The test will immediately say causation is diet, hormones, whatever. All I know is it feels like there's one or two serious medications out there that seem to temporarily fix acne, but they are not full proof.

I hate feeling so down about this. There are people who are much worse conditions. I try to remember that when I get down. The fight gets harder when you feel like nothing is working.

You've summed it up! EVERYTHING becomes a problem; food & drink, cosmetics, temperature, exercise, PILLOWS. Ugh.

i read ur blog too!comfort.gif

am sorry u had to go through so much darling.but u know what?its just made u who u r.

its just made u realise the difference between being good and mean.

its made u beautiful inside and no one can change that.no one can beat that!

*hugs*

Edited by aanabill
1 person likes this

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

My problem neck area has broken out a bit again. Also, some critter/insect/mozzy has taken a liking to me and I`m currently sporting some lovely red bug bites on the inside of my right forearm. You will probably think I`m totally mad but I`m sooooo conscious anytime I get any sort of blemish - it makes me feel disfigured somehow. Hopefully they won`t last too long but in the meantime, I will be wearing long-sleeve shirts at work.

Savybanana, I have just read your blog and as Flagg has said, to have been through everything that you have and come through those times shows just how courageous and brave you are.

I don`t know you, probably have very little in common with you and I`m old enough to be your dad but I can totally relate to what it feels like to go through dark periods and feel hideous, worthless, hopeless and repulsive. I`m currently having CBT which helps but I still get days and times where the self-loathing thoughts and lack of self worth are too overpowering to challenge.

Really sorry that you are going through such a tough time right now. However, you CAN and you WILL get through this. You`ve done it before and you can do it again. There are lots of people on this forum who are rooting for you and I`m sure that you have loved ones around you who will support you in the best way that they can. You are a fantastic person inside and out and have everything to live for.

Look after yourself Savy - my thoughts are with you.

Edited by GUNNKE

feeling pretty good seeing as it is holiday and I aint got much to do, got some red marks on the right side of my face and 1 active on the left apart from that its good.

sometimes i feel so bad about some people here.i mean there are loads who are so warm and nice and understanding.

i thank them.

but i cant deny their are ignorant and ,lets say, irritating ones too.

it makes me think may be i too have hurt someone unintentionally.

so today i say 'sorry'.

sorry if i have ever hurt u and i have ever made u feel bad about anything.

u dont deserve it.

my bad.

Edited by aanabill
1 person likes this

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

Giant one near my nose coming in. Cool.

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

I kinda started the regimen again. not really, but kind of. I'm still using my tazorac at night, but in the mornings I'm covering my face with some of the clean and clear oil absorbing treatment and then around a quarter size amount of on-the-spot bp. Then CeraVe AM moisturizer. It's working quite well at preventing my acne! I hope it lasts.

Winter routine
AM

CeraVe Hydrating Bar

Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel

2 pumps CeraVe PM

CeraVe Cream everywhere but forehead

Vaseline on cheeks (can't emphasize enough)

MAC Studio Sculpt in NC42
*cover face with scarf outside

PM
Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad for makeup

Cool compress  
http://www.rch.org.au/uploadedFiles/Main/Content/derm/Wet_dressings_A3.pdf

CeraVe Hydrating Bar + clarisonic

2 pumps CeraVe PM
CeraVe cream everywhere + forehead 

Wait 30 minutes 

Tazorac gel 0.1% pea size

1.  Pop white heads with popping utensil. Leave popped pimple alone/a little vaseline

2. BP ONLY ONCE on any given pimple 

3. Use your HUMIDIFIER

Thank you all so much! I'm always so amazed at how kind and supportive everyone here is. You guys are wonderful. wub.png

i read ur blog too!comfort.gif

am sorry u had to go through so much darling.but u know what?its just made u who u r.

its just made u realise the difference between being good and mean.

its made u beautiful inside and no one can change that.no one can beat that!

*hugs*

Thank you! It feels really good to hear this. smile.png You have all been so warm and supportive.

Savybanana, I have just read your blog and as Flagg has said, to have been through everything that you have and come through those times shows just how courageous and brave you are.

I don`t know you, probably have very little in common with you and I`m old enough to be your dad but I can totally relate to what it feels like to go through dark periods and feel hideous, worthless, hopeless and repulsive. I`m currently having CBT which helps but I still get days and times where the self-loathing thoughts and lack of self worth are too overpowering to challenge.

Really sorry that you are going through such a tough time right now. However, you CAN and you WILL get through this. You`ve done it before and you can do it again. There are lots of people on this forum who are rooting for you and I`m sure that you have loved ones around you who will support you in the best way that they can. You are a fantastic person inside and out and have everything to live for.

Look after yourself Savy - my thoughts are with you.

Gosh, thank you! This just warmed my heart. wub.png I'm trying to push through. I'm really glad CBT has been helpful to you. I already feel better reading this.. so encouraging. Thanks. smile.png

Thank you all so much! I'm always so amazed at how kind and supportive everyone here is. You guys are wonderful. wub.png

Beautiful quote. Thank you! smile.png

Edited by TheSavyBanana
2 people like this

This place is full of beautiful people.I sometimes get overwhelmed by the goodness here.If everyone in this world becomes like people here then "heaven" wouldn't be a vague concept anymore. :)

1 person likes this

I just had a breakout and was pretty down but then I noticed ive been using expired BP (its been 6 months after the date), and I've been wondering why my pimples take so long to heal. Now i plan to get a new bottle of bp and feeling abit more optimistic :)

1 person likes this

i think am a lil' more attached to this whole forum and people ,most of whom clearly come,talk and forget all about it.

but i feel so bad when i genuinely feel bad for someone and say a thing.

i may be wrong.i may have made a mistake by missing some information somewhere.

(i think i must change this because it hurts me when i hear stuff here.i dnt think i've ever been this genuine and understanding with any stranger before.i feel bad when a few i follow have breakouts and wish they'd heal faster.i know it sounds all crazy because its probably kiddish)

its still okay if the op calls me stupid because i ask him to visit doc missing thepart where he says he's on accutane.

but for a complete nobody who joined last day to call me rude rudely when all i was doing was trying to help makes me feel so bad.this is again, kiddish i suppose.

i dnt know why i felt bad.

my relief= someone rooted for me.and i cant tell u guys how good that felt.

a.p, am not sure u visit this thread or will read this(i actually have no issues even if u dnt) because i had to just talk out loud here,for myself.

had a tiring day emotionally and i wanted to end the day in a positive way by thanking you.

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

Read your signature!!! You can do this, whatever this is. Just focus on something good, something or someone that you love. Talk to friends -- that always helps. Sometimes, I don't even have to tell them something is wrong. Just starting a conversation will help to cheer you up!

Winter routine
AM

CeraVe Hydrating Bar

Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel

2 pumps CeraVe PM

CeraVe Cream everywhere but forehead

Vaseline on cheeks (can't emphasize enough)

MAC Studio Sculpt in NC42
*cover face with scarf outside

PM
Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad for makeup

Cool compress  
http://www.rch.org.au/uploadedFiles/Main/Content/derm/Wet_dressings_A3.pdf

CeraVe Hydrating Bar + clarisonic

2 pumps CeraVe PM
CeraVe cream everywhere + forehead 

Wait 30 minutes 

Tazorac gel 0.1% pea size

1.  Pop white heads with popping utensil. Leave popped pimple alone/a little vaseline

2. BP ONLY ONCE on any given pimple 

3. Use your HUMIDIFIER

Been using rather warm (basically "hot") water on my face for a solid minute or more in the shower for the past couple days, and all my acne is drying up. Face isn't oily at all. Who'da thunk?

Read your signature!!! You can do this, whatever this is. Just focus on something good, something or someone that you love. Talk to friends -- that always helps. Sometimes, I don't even have to tell them something is wrong. Just starting a conversation will help to cheer you up!

Thank you!! wub.png

Been using rather warm (basically "hot") water on my face for a solid minute or more in the shower for the past couple days, and all my acne is drying up. Face isn't oily at all. Who'da thunk?

i would ask u to be careful mate.

hot water is actually working against the good sebum layer thats protective.

u dnt wanna lose it forever.

luke warm is alright but 'hot' -needs attention!

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

I never normally eat bread as it is something that causes me to break out. However yesterday, I ate an egg mayo and salad baguette and this morning I`ve a couple of zits on my cheeks. Physiologically, it is supposedly impossible for a spot to form withn 24 hours but I am convinced that if I eat certain foods/beverages, spots can appear within hours. Does anyone else experience this or am I completely mad?

I never normally eat bread as it is something that causes me to break out. However yesterday, I ate an egg mayo and salad baguette and this morning I`ve a couple of zits on my cheeks. Physiologically, it is supposedly impossible for a spot to form withn 24 hours but I am convinced that if I eat certain foods/beverages, spots can appear within hours. Does anyone else experience this or am I completely mad?

I always think that I'm over-thinking things when this happens because it seems crazy that a spot could form so quickly - but I'm sure that if I drink too much caffeine I'll have a few breakouts the next day. Same goes for too much dairy and alcohol. For coffee and dairy my skin overall seems worse the next day (breakouts could appear anywhere) but for alcohol I'll almost always have a spot on the bridge of my nose/between eyebrows the next day. These are all foods/drinks that I rarely consume anyway but I think I can tolerate a small amount without a reaction in my skin. It seems to be like a 'threshold' effect... a small amount is ok but get to or over the threshold then it shows on my skin...

Edited by Lilly75
1 person likes this

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

Friends always spell doom for me.They make stupid plans and i'm unfortunately a part of that unhealthy plan.Yesterday they went to New friend's colony (A place in New Delhi) and we had sweets...I never have sweets :( and today i have a red inflamed spot on my eye brow. I HATE THESE OUTINGS! but i always get carried away :(