Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waiting for scab to fall off

40 posts in this topic

Guys i've this scab on my face lol..if this fall off means theres a new layer of skin underneath it right?..healing process?..

Explain to me guys~

Appreciate it lots!

...whenever I get a scab I just try and sluff [sp?] or rub it off ...i don't know if that's good or not.

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

my esthetician said not to peel off the scab..if not it will leave scars..?..hmm..got few scabs..lol...

The scab is the skin healing after the skin cells broke and caused the scab. It'll fall off usually when moist, like in the shower. I'd keep an anti-bacterial cream on it just to speed up the process and make sure it doesn't get infected. It's not good to pick at scabs because it will slow down the process and just make it stay longer. It's also possible it could leave a scar.

The scab is the skin healing after the skin cells broke and caused the scab. It'll fall off usually when moist, like in the shower. I'd keep an anti-bacterial cream on it just to speed up the process and make sure it doesn't get infected. It's not good to pick at scabs because it will slow down the process and just make it stay longer. It's also possible it could leave a scar.

Thnks lyssa :D

I have this anti-bacterial cream it's called sebamed, it contains vitamin E and i heard vitamin E helps in healing right?..hmm..and it contains shea butter and jojoba oil to soothe and smooth the skin, concentrated phytosterols from rapsseed...It's okay to apply i guess?...

well i'm going to stop doin that then!! lol...sometimes they just come off though when i rub my face [which i shouldn't do but i get stressed]

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

Thnks lyssa :D

I have this anti-bacterial cream it's called sebamed, it contains vitamin E and i heard vitamin E helps in healing right?..hmm..and it contains shea butter and jojoba oil to soothe and smooth the skin, concentrated phytosterols from rapsseed...It's okay to apply i guess?...

Need some suggestions on this product...anyone?

I tend to leave any scabs and a few days later they fall off. :)

one of mine fell off today when i was applyin a topical with a Q-tip i said 'what the hell?!' cuz i thought it was part of the pimple since it looked gross, it just fell off

...now i have a red open sore =\ i put neosporin.

matt- yeah..im thinking of leaving the scabs alone..my biggest one is becoming hard and black...it's going to fall off right?

Geeking-yeah i heard bout neosporin it's good for wounds and cuts..it can minimize the chances of scarring..but don apply it on large areas...

But guys around my scabs are flaking..is this normal?..no more redness..

Replies please!! Thanks Guys! :D

Yeah flaking is normal! The dead skin will rub off on its own and then it will heal over. I have plenty of flaking at the moment where some of my scabs were too. :)

Thanks! mercyunbound..it's glad that you replied!...no new acne just waiting for the scabs to fall off... :D Best luck to you in healing of your scabs!

Today after showering..i found that one of my scab was not attached to the skin anymore..so i peel it off...theres just mark underneath the scab that i just peeled....alot flakiness..damn i hate it!!!..

:cry:

Do you use any moisturizer? It would most likely help to heal the flakiness a bit faster.

ahh..yeah..this morning i slap some moisturizer...oil free non-come...looks way better...:D...scab are falling!!...happy..hows yours?

ahh..yeah..this morning i slap some moisturizer...oil free non-come...looks way better...:D...scab are falling!!...happy..hows yours?

Haha that's good. Mine are much better too. :) Now there are just some red marks that need to fade away.

Yeah~ stubborn red marks huh...mine too...bunch of red marks...lol...the red marks are new skin right?..

Guys..does the flakiness of the skin clog pores?... :wacko: ...im moisturizing twice a day..no serious zits..just small small ones..is this okay?....

Need some answers!!!

Thanks guys..

About the Vitamin E - yes, that's very good to put on it. It helps heal the skin along and keeps it moisturized. I'd keep that on the marks that are dry and flaky if you have some, they just come in little capsules if you don't. :)

Finally someone replied.. Thanks..but im not going to use anything first..just cleanse and moisturize...im looking forward to the baby brush method...beneficial?..:D