Photo

how many g of sugar is considered a low amount?

3 replies to this topic

#1 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

people say to not eat too much sugar, but how many grams are in a low sugar diet (daily)?

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:49 PM

Hmm... the average person can survive off of 150g - 200g of Carbohydrates a day. However the average person tends to consume 2 - 5x that amount. Certain carbohydrates are healthier than others (get those with high fiber content), despite them being High on the Glycemic scale, so that isn't the sole means of determination, but it is a big player.

Did that help? ;-)
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#3 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:08 PM

Do you mean carbs in general or just simple sugars? With simple sugars the fewer the better. I think with an exeption with fructose. Fruits are good and they don't have that much sugar in them anyway.

With carbs in general that depends how much energy you need. If you are training for a marathon for example, you can and should consume a lot more carbs than an average person. I'd say anything under 150 grams is certainly low carb for most people. You probably won't go into ketosis with that amount, but it's pretty close.
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#4 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:17 PM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users