Photo

Accutane/Claravis Log! 21/f - starting @ 40mg.

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic is archived.
284 replies to this topic

#281 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (BorntoRun @ Dec 18 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wishin you luck!

Thanks a bunch!

#282 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

Derm appointment on Tuesday with a different derm here in NashVegas. Kind of shocking how many derms there AREN'T around here. I have tons of choices at Vanderbilt, but the wait is extremely long ... We're talkin' months and months.

Anyway... Just wanted to give an update.

Breakout is currently clearing up. I only have 1.5 actives. ....Haha, I say .5 because i think it'll be down by tomorrow. Now I'm just left with some red marks and dry patches. Does anyone else get this? I'm not sure what the dealio is ... but whenever my pimples heal, I get this little round patch of dry skin. I've been using cerave again and it's helping with that a little bit, but by the end of the day my makeup is literally flaking off of my skin in certain spots. At first I was SUPER self-conscious about it at work... but I've decided to not give a shit anymore. It's takes WAY too much energy for me to worry about crap like that all day at work on top of the ppl/projects I have to deal with anyway.

Not sure if I've mentioned this here or not, but this lady has a newish? boyfriend. We've been together for almost 6 months now and he's pretty much the best. We started dating when my skin was still amazingly clear from Accutane and about 2 months into it I started breaking out again. He knew I was upset and sent me flowers to work! wub.gif I basically just explained to him that it made me self conscious and I am ultra sensitive about my skin. So appreciative to have such supportive people in my life! smile.gif

Anyway... I hope everyone is doing well smile.gif I'll let everyone know what happens after my derm appt! Hopefully I'll have good news and and a bunch of iPledge shiz to do wink.gif

OH! AND... don't worry - there will be photos of my new baby kitten that I'm about to get at the beginning of next week. Ahhhh excitement.

#283 BorntoRun

BorntoRun

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Running, Reading, Watching TV, Hanging with Peeps :D

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

This sounds like such an exciting time in your life! yay! Congrats on the guy and that's aewsome that you could just decide to stop worrying about it smile.gif

#284 faithinhim

faithinhim

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

How did your derm appointment go? My face and chest are starting to break out again--so I'm debating whether I should set up an appointment with my derm. It takes like a month to get an appointment, though.

Visit my Accutane Log:
Focusing on JOY through Accutane

Accutane
Month 1: 40 mg Claravis, 500 mg Duricef (twice a day)
Month 2: 40 mg Claravis
Month 3: 40 mg Claravis
Month 4: 40 mg Claravis
Month 5: 40 mg Claravis
Month 6: 40 mg Claravis
Month 7: 40 mg Amnesteen

Update: 1/7/2011 Well, my acne is back. It's extremely mild, and I'm treating it and my previous acne scarring with ATRALIN.

#285 HereComesTheSun:)

HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hey Mallory! How did your derm appointment go?!
Ps you're boyfriend sounds like a keeper :)
(Age 18-19) Second Course
Feb. 14, 2012 -

(Age 16-17) Accutane Log
Dec '09 - Aug '10