Photo

Accutane/Claravis Log! 21/f - starting @ 40mg.

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic is archived.
207 replies to this topic

#201 S a r a

S a r a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

Happy Birthday!!

I feel like my log is doing the same thing. I figure that if we are all still sticking around and reading each other's logs at this point, is must be okay! Haha.

Start Date: 11/24/09

Claravis - 80 mg/day

>> My Accutane Log -- I'M FINISHED! <<

#202 readytosmileagain

readytosmileagain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED EVERY SECOND smile.gif

Edited by readytosmileagain, 03 February 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Am:
Cetaphil
ceraVe lotion

PM:
Cetaphil
ceraVe Lotion
Differin

wash my face with cetaphil before and after working out
sometimes add Glytone - mild gel wash to the regimen and then Glytone alphy hydroxy lotion at night

Finished my Accutane Course in August 2010!!

#203 Jezika

Jezika

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

It's your birthday? Well, happy birthday, little lady. Thanks for stopping by my log. You're a familiar face and I, too, cannot remember whether I've said hello before. So hello! And you're looking fantastic!

P.S. I heard something about "plastic surgery nightmare" for Gia, so I'm going to look that up tee hee. Also, didn't her mum seem SCARY in the clip they showed of the next episode?

Edited by Jezika, 03 February 2010 - 09:43 PM.

(touch me)----> My Journey With Accutane <----(touch me)
24 year old female, 142 lb
Started Accutane by Roche 6th Oct 2009
Week 1-2: 40mg
Week 2+: 80mg
Having a great time with Accutane. We're close.

#204 AhMyFace

AhMyFace

Sassypants

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

Happy birthday!

Sorry your guy acted like someone deserving of the "ex" in ex-boyfriend. Not cool.

But what IS cool is your skin is looking rather pretty these days. smile.gif

22/f/40mg of Claravis a day for 5 months, 60mg for the 6th month
What I used to get through it
Paula's Choice
One Step Face Cleanser
Skin Recovery Toner
Exfoliating 1% BHA lotion
Skin Recovery Moisturizer - evening

50mg of Zinc
Chopsaver lip balm
Alba oil-free aloe and green tea face cream - morning and evening
A healthy dose of humor

Accutane Log - I'm done!

#205 michellemac

michellemac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Happy Birthday!

Did you do anything special! smile.gif I hope it was awesome!

And for the record Geeks are so the new hot chick wink.gif lol And we're proud of it!
*** My Accutane Log ***

Regimen:

Morning:
Murad Clarifying Cleanser with 1.5% Sacylic Acid
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60 &
Kinerase Scar Therapy
Carmex Lip balm - Cherry Flavor
Vitamines: C, D, E, B, Biotin, Calcium, Magnesium, Glucosamine, Omega 3-6-9 & Iron

Night:
Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (LOVE!)
Kinerase Scar Therapy
Yaz birth control

#206 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

day 74

Heeeeeey all. Well, not really much to report. I haven't had any new spots since my last post. I've been taking 80mg for 3 days so far and everything seems about the same. My eyes might be a bit more dry, but that could really be caused by anything. I'm not updating as much because there's really not much to update about and I realize that could get really boring for all of you smile.gif It seems like my red marks are starting to fade FINALLY, so I'm pretty happy about that. When I got done at the gym today I looked in my rear view mirror and since my face was so red, it looked like my skin was clear. It was a glorious 5 minutes or so, Ha. Oh, my on and off hand rash became very ON yesterday.... on BOTH hands. Before bed I got out my trust Neosporin cream and it seemed to help a lot when I woke up this morning... lots better today!

Speaking of the gym, I think my joints just needed to get used to the intense workouts. I'm usually pretty active, but I wasn't running as much or as far as I am these days. I'm doing interval/distance training 5 days a week and I'm feeling "prettttty prettttty good" (another Larry David quote, sorry- dorky, I KNOW.) Anyway, what I'm really trying to say is that my joints seem to finally be getting used to all of the activity. I wish that it would warm up so I could start doing some biking or hiking, but we still have a couple of months for that, unfortunately. I have a feeling I am going to be snowed in for the whole weekend and that really sucks. The thing about where I live is that when it snows a lot, it's impossible for me to go see any of my friends or leave town... the town I'm in is basically completely surrounded by fields and country roads that aren't plowed. In my little civic, it's not exactly very safe. Such a bummer!

The ex tried calling me yesterday. I didn't answer, and haven't called back. The truth is, I'm not really ever planning to. Don't get me wrong - I really want to, but I just don't see the point. I still think about him a lot, but since the last time I talked to him, I just feel like it put the whole situation into perspective and now I'm just not really that sad about it. I'd hate to emotionally start over just to talk to him on the phone for 15 minutes. Not really worth it to me. So, as much as I'd love to talk to him and see how he's doing it's just not in the cards for me right now. Wah Wah Wah, poor Mallory. wink.gif Just kidding, I'm feeling pretty awesome about life lately.

!!! GOOD NEWS! As I was typing this I got an e-mail to my Blackberry... about the internship! I got it. smile.gif Even though it's just an internship A) it pays. ha. B) it's doing exactly what I love the most about graphic desing: Brand Planning. So yay! Thanks for the luck everyone, it must've worked.

Thirty&Hopeful Thanks again! Definitely something I'm looking into!

Melisy03 Put Neosporin on it! They were 75% better by morning. Haha, you know how much I love that Neosporin... They should be paying me or something for promoting it so much. wink.gif Thanks for the Bday wishes, girl!

faithinhim Thank youuu!

Gov't Guy 26 Thanks! You're so funny ... on your post you're trying to make a no-drinking pact with me... THEN, you negotiate it to 2 drinks, THEN on my log you're ASKING me to drink. Hahah.

Jacattack86 Thank you! And nooo, don't tell me that! wink.gif

S a r a Thanks, girl! And I agree about our logs smile.gif

readytosmileagain Thanks so much, I definitely did! smile.gif

Jezika After reading this post, I almost IMMEDIATELY googled, "Gia, plastic surgery nightmare." I really need to get a life! And yes, her mom seemed very scary and intense. I'm sadly looking forward to Monday. Do you like Tenley? Everyone loves her and I just don't understand. ...Stopping now. I could go on forever.

AhMyFace Thanks, lady! I've missed your posts! Ready to see how lovely I'm sure your skin is looking these days!

michellemac Thanks! I just hung out with some friends and family, nothing too wild! Hope you're better today!

EDIT: PICTURES! Just took these... You can kind of tell in certain spots that I broke out a bit last week, but for the most part they're smooth now. Enjoy my acne and wet wild hair.

http://i860.photobuc.../rsz_day_74.jpg

http://i860.photobuc...rsz_day74_2.jpg

Edited by mallory, 04 February 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#207 michellemac

michellemac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

YAY internship! smile.gif

You are so right about your ex! You know I don't think Boys understand the meaning and the consequences behind their actions sometimes. I mean they think oh ya it's just a casual call, no biggie. But to us girls it means an emotional investment and time spent analyzing and thinking about them tongue.gif Well you are definatly super strong for not calling him back! I wouldn't have been dialing before I had finished checking my phone lol but I clearly have no will power to speak of.

Otherwise your skin looks awesome! (Plus I love your glasses! they are sooo stylish!)

I'm defiantly going to try the Neosporin on my hands to see if I can get the rash to calm down a bit. It seems to be coming and going very similar to yours. It's fine when it's not visible but when it flares red it sucks! I look like a leper tongue.gif

Hope you have a great weekend and you go out and celebrate the job!
*** My Accutane Log ***

Regimen:

Morning:
Murad Clarifying Cleanser with 1.5% Sacylic Acid
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60 &
Kinerase Scar Therapy
Vitamines: C, D, E, B, Biotin, Calcium, Magnesium, Glucosamine, Omega 3-6-9 & Iron

Night:
Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (LOVE!)
Kinerase Scar Therapy
Yaz birth control

#208 KeepSmilingThrough

KeepSmilingThrough

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

I've been following your log loosely since before I started my own accutane journey! It's been so nice to read and keep up with biggrin.gif

Hope that skin keeps getting better and better!
My Regimen:

Accutane (Clavaris) Start Date: 1/25/2010
Month One: 40mg

---Taking suggestions on moisturizers!

Currently washing with Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar morning and night.

--> this would be my log. yeahh.

"A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you." ~Author Unknown

#209 S a r a

S a r a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

YAYYYY INTERNSHIP!! That's great! I'm so happy for you!

And props to you for not calling your ex. It's sooo hard! I don't think I have the willpower you have when it comes to these kinds of things, lol. Keep it up! Like you said, no need to start from square one.

And your skin is looking great! Can't believe we are this far into it...

Claravis - 80 mg/day

#210 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

day 79

Hey everyone! I'm not even going to try to think of reasons to tell you guys why I haven't been updating ... Haha, Honestly, I just don't have much going on skin-wise... and life-wise, either, I guess. wink.gif I've been taking the 80mg for just over a week and so far so good. I DEFINITELY notice that my lips, eyes, gross rashy hands, and nose are way more dry than they were when I was on 60mg, but they're not unbearable. Well, ok, maybe my nose is unbearable. This is a little gross, but when I blow my nose in the morning, I have bloody boogers, Ha. I actually told my mom about it this morning and I could tell she was uncomfortable for about .5 seconds... Hahaha. WELL, what's a sister to do?! I am so used to these gross things happening with my body by now that I feel like I can just tell people that kind of stuff. NOT TRUE, Mallory. Anyway, I've had a few really really small bumps (that of course I couldn't keep my hands off of) but nothing that's super noticeable. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now, even though I dont feel like I've been seeing much change in the last couple of weeks. It's almost like my red marks are even more noticeable in the morning for the last week or so, too. Not sure what this is all about. Overall, everything is going just fine (:

I've had the worst headache all day today since last night. It's a bummer. I used to get migraines when I was in High School, but they just miraculously stopped happening eventually. This is exactly what they used to feel like. I've pretty much been sleeping for the entire day. My mom keeps asking me all of these questions - I think because she secretly is afraid of Accutane, Haha. I don't think this has anything to do with it... I mean, I did up the dosage, but only by 20mg. Big deal!

I'm trying to get myself to go to the gym tonight. I've avoided it for the last 2 days, and it makes me feel guilty! Haha, stupid, I know.

Anyway... this is kind of why I've avoided posting lately - nothing's changed, I'll tell you about my bloody boogers, and I whine about the gym and headaches. eusa_whistle.gif Haha, sorry guys. Hope everyone's doing well ... by the look of the posts lately, looks like we are! Exciting!

michellemac Haha, I get the "flare ups" with my rashes, too. Geez, we sound like such babes! wink.gif The other day I was shopping and I had a "flare up" for the first time... My friend was like "umm... Mallory. Take care of that." Hahah. Oh well, not too much longer, right?! smile.gif

KeepSmilingThrough Aw, thanks! Glad you like reading... Always nice to hear that! I'll be sure to check yours out! Lots of luck with your course!

S a r a Thanks, girl! Me neither... it's flying by! Remember when we were complaining about how slow it was going?! Haha.

#211 sareliz

sareliz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:You are my interest ;D

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hey! : D I've been following your log and I have got to say that I really hope my (second) course goes as well as yours seems to be! Your skin looks SO GOOD already! I'm sure you'll be one of those people whose skin is literally flawless by the time you're finished.

Good luck! I'll definitely be checking in on you to see how it's going. :]

#212 S a r a

S a r a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:27 AM

I wouldn't be posting a lot of logs either because of the lack of change at this point (which is a great thing, I'm not complaining) but I needed an outlet to talk about my messed up love life, and I found it here. Haha!

I can't believe we are nearing out the end of Month 3. And we are looking damn good, too! I'm really happy for all of us! eusa_dance.gif

Claravis - 80 mg/day

#213 Jezika

Jezika

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

Hey girl-o. May I just say, I cannot believe how much will power you have, both in terms of being so dedicated to sport/exercise and in terms of doing the right thing regarding your ex. I tell myself I get enough exercise just by walking to walk (5 minute walk each way, although I do go at maximum speed) which, of course, is ridiculous.

Anyway, your face is looking great. Four months into my course, I am still struggling with the red marks. Actives are gone, which is great, but these red marks are proving incredibly stubborn. I don't thing we should be worried about it though. If they keep on disappearing even after our course is finished, then happy days.

Okay, okay, so what did you think of last week's Bachelor episode? I didn't think it was quite as exciting as they'd made out the previous week. I've heard that Vienna ends up winning. The whole thing's so ridiculous. I'm glad Allie made the decision she did. It would have been silly to risk her livelihood. Anyway, I still maintain that I would definitely never be interested in Jake. He doesn't even particularly appeal to me physically, but more than anything, he doesn't seem to have that "pezazz" in his personality, and his strong beliefs just annoy me. I don't think he'll end up committed to any of those women. It was funny at the end though when told Gia's mum that she was totally wrong about the tarot card reading.

(touch me)----> My Journey With Accutane <----(touch me)
24 year old female, 142 lb
Started Accutane by Roche 6th Oct 2009
Week 1-2: 40mg
Week 2+: 80mg
Having a great time with Accutane. We're close.

#214 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

day 86

Whoa, it's been awhile, huh?! Sorry everyone! Nothing to really update about, to be honest. Until today, anyway. I have a pimple. Yep, one. Do I zone in on it everytime I look in the mirror? Yes. Is it driving me NUTS? Yes. Am I wondering how I went through the past 3/4 years looking like this multiplied by 10? YES. Haha, ok, enough with the questions, but really, how did I deal with acne for that long without totally feeling like shit about myself?! Amazing. I probably made this one a little worse than it needs to be because of my gross picking habit. It's a red mark, but I have a feeling it won't be so bad by tomorrow or the next day. I've pretty much been clear since my last post. Some of my red marks are fading quite nicely, too! Others are lingering, but I'm quite the pro with concealer, so no biggie. My poor lips. They hurt, are a little raw, and sometimes I can even peel them off... Hot! Haha, they're about the only thing that took a hit from the 80mg. I can handle it.

I've been getting projects to work on this past week and I'm pretty excited about the way things are going! It's a nice change from sitting around the house all day clicking away on monster. Now that I have some money flow I've been looking at apartments downtown. I know I tried to do the responsible thing and save save save while living with my parents - but I'm not so sure it's going to work sanity-wise. They're great... but almost too great. Haha. Does that make sense? I just need some privacy and alone time. I found a great little apartment on craigslist earlier. I've been e-mailing back and forth with the owner about it and am going to go check it out sometime within the next couple of days. And just because I'm excited about it, I'll show you guys and hope you'll think it's just as cute as I do :

http://i860.photobuc...f4045e8131a.jpg

http://i860.photobuc...2a4df2af410.jpg

Pretty charming, eh? The glass door is a 3rd floor BALCONY! overlooking Talbott Street, which is an awesome area. Cool bars, restaurants, shops, etc. It's also in a really cool historical neighborhood with brick roads. It's much more hard to find cool old apartments here than it was in Chicago, so I'm going to consider this one a gem.

I'm going to Nashville this weekend with a bunch of friends. Kaley's boyfriend is moving there with his entire band into a cool old house that sits on a hill and faces the Nashville skyline. Ohhh yes. Our group of friends are going to help them move in and get settled. They're also playing their first show on Saturday... should be a cool weekend! Looking forward to getting out of town. Their going away party is tomorrow night at a local Brewery. Yep, I'm going to their going away party, then following them to their new home two days later, Haha. I'm mostly going for the good beer. eusa_whistle.gif

Alright, that's all for now. Face pictures soon!

sareliz Aw, thanks! Nice to hear things like that! I'll check in on you, as well. Lots of luck with your course!

S a r a I like living vicariously through you - Please keep talking about your "messed up" love life! Ha.

Jezika I can't believe how much willpower I have, either. Haha. No, but really, it's not like I don't want to call him - I'm actually quite neurotic about it! About the gym - Well, I am motivated by the fact that my jeans from September now look like I painted them on. Ha! That's all I have to say about that.

Okay, lets get down to business- The Bachelor. I'm going to write on your log.

#215 S a r a

S a r a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

The apartment is cute! I'm going to need to start apartment hunting soon, but I guess I need a job first. Haha

Claravis - 80 mg/day

#216 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

day 93

Hola friends!

Face is doing really well lately. I had a small breakout at the beginning of last week. I'm thinking it was just a delayed reaction from the 80mg/maybe a hormonal breakout. Not biggie. They've left behind a few red marks, but nothing I'm wiggin' out over. The texture of my face is awesome awesome awesome. Makeup is going on really smoothly. My Doctor told me that this would be the month of change, and I definitely am feeling good about things. My lips are still extreeeemely dry, but I can deal. That's really about all that's going on face-wise.

Sooo, I've been non-existant lately because I've been super busy with freelance gigs/internship/traveling. I went to Nashville over the weekend with my awesome group of friends. It was an absolute blast. Kaley and I left on Saturday around lunch time and got to Nashville in just under 5 hours. Pretty easy and really pretty drive from Indy. We have a super close knit group of about 5 people - 2 of them just moved to Nashville on Thursday so the other 3 of us decided to go up and help them move in/unpack/hang out. The 2 guys are musicians and had a gig on Saturday night, so we all went to that and had an awesome time. Lots of good music, good beer, and good southern comfort food was had, haha. The next morning we explored a little - checked out shops, ate more disgustingly delicious food, and went to a couple different neighborhoods. It was 65 degrees and sunny. Couldn't have asked for better weather for where we were at. Overall it was a great weekend and if you're ever in the Nashville area check out the Pancake Pantry. 'Nuff said.

I'm finally at ease about the ex situation and have realized that my world is not crumbling down around me because of a guy, Haha. I'm feeling good about it and I'm not thinking about him much at all. ...Ya know... In case anyone was wondering.

I have an apt. to look at an apartment building tomorrow. I really dig the apt. that I posted about earlier, but I'm just not sure that the neighborhood is right for me. The new one is located in the old North Side of the city, which I dig, but it can also get a little sketchy. Indy just kind of sucks, to be honest. Definitely not anything like Chicago, that's for sure. It's small and each block can be entirely different crime and safety-wise. We'll see!

Okay... picture time. I don't really notice a huge difference compared to my last pictures, but I figured it was about that time. Yes, I really look like this when I work from home. I'm not out of my pajamas and I've not touched my hair since last night before bed. Lucky for you all, you get to see what that looks like wink.gif

http://i860.photobuc.../rsz_day932.jpg

http://i860.photobuc.../rsz_day931.jpg

S a r a Haha, Yeah, I only have the internship and the freelance going for me ... Even though they both pay okay I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing! I've never been fully responsible for all of my payments. Things might be a bit tight for awhile, but I think it will definitely help my sanity. Haha. Going to go catch myself up on your log now!

#217 KeepSmilingThrough

KeepSmilingThrough

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yayy! Your skin is looking pretty freaking amazing! eusa_dance.gif

And yeah, I used to think guys could make my world absolutely fall apart too. But I am coming to the realization it won't. We are strong enough to make it on our own biggrin.gif
My Regimen:

Accutane (Clavaris) Start Date: 1/25/2010
Month One: 40mg

---Taking suggestions on moisturizers!

Currently washing with Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar morning and night.

--> this would be my log. yeahh.

"A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you." ~Author Unknown

#218 mallory

mallory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

KeepSmilingThrough Thanks, girl! I'm normally not like this with guys, but this one was just a little more heart wrenching and confusing than others, Haha. Glad that's over and we finally wisened up! wink.gif Just caught myself up on your log... things seem to be going well for you! You'll be clear before ya know it!

#219 fel_han

fel_han

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

mallory: U are making awesome progress here!! Its really a huge form of encouragement sometimes when i get to see all the positive progress ppl are making here... tells myself that i will make that same progress very soon (self-delusional again??? LOL)...
And yes, ur world will not crumble down because of a guy! There are many others who LOVES u!
take care! *hugs*

My Roaccutane info/log:
-female, 41.5kg
-roaccutane daily, 30mg
-prescribed duration: 6months

~Completed 1st course of roaccutane on 6th Jul~

Current status: ACNE IS BACK!! =((

Current Regime:
On 2nd course of low dose roaccutane:
- 10mg x 2times per week of roaccutane
- Cleanse, Antibiotic Gel, Repair serum to fade marks n heal zits, Collagen moisturiser, sunblock in the day and differin at night

My Roaccutane Log

#220 Gov't Guy 26

Gov't Guy 26

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:05 AM

Lookin' good biggrin.gif