Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

free acne book sample diet

12 posts in this topic

has anyone given this one a shot? at the start of the year i was on a really strict diet where i would rarely allow myself any processed foods/anything with flavourings/preservatives/etc. most dinners i had a salad, and i drank loads of water. my skin got better but i wasnt cured. so i have some evidence that diet affects my skin...but im not sure what foods. i have since strayed away from this diet because the results just werent radical enough for me to justify stressing about food all the time! but people keep mentioning freeacnebook.com and ive finally checked it out, and im gonna give it a try. smile.gif

previously ive tried botchlas and dans regimens (botchlas for 2 months, dans for 3 months), a tiny improvement on both, but again not enough to warrant the effort and expense (and crazy red flaking skin on dans). ive also done the raw garlic thing...lets not go there. not for me.

anyway to the point if anyone has any feedback on this diet, please post your experiences! i need motivation! :unsure:

Hello,

I'm on this diet and I'm on the 13 day. My face is really making a difference. I don't produce as much oil, my spots are healing, but keep in ming for me, it has taken some time to really clear up for me. I think I will keep continuing becuase i sleep so much better and have so much energy.

well make sure you start eating egg yolks, but first read her page on consuming egg yolk, that way you don't get salmonella poisoning. are there any places that make fresh squeezed orange juice? that helps a lot too.

thanks hobo. ive been having raw egg yolks and i actually find them quite delicious biggrin.gif i always have my eggs runny so it wasnt a big gross-out for me. i have a few kinds of apples, bananas, strawberries, grapefruit, oranges, rockmelon, avacado and lemons waiting to be consumed...and i plan on getting some kiwifruit, pears and passionfruit...(mmm) i cant find any kind of unshelled nut anywhere at the moment, so i have shelled, raw whole macadamias and brazil nuts from a health food company that i hope will be ok.

my 'hungry' phase has just ended...i think that was the processed food addiction! i feel fantastic now.

heres hoping this works out...

nienna,

if i might add some suggestions:

if you eat egg yolks, then you don't need to eat raw brazil nuts, since either or takes care of your protein, I prefer egg yolks since they are more filling!

Do you consume some fat after every peice of fruit you eat or when your done eating your fruit meal?

I ask these because i didn't do it right the first time and it was so hard, but now I realize what a great energy diet it is!

hey hobo, i take the egg yolks as breakfast, and then when im eating fruit i periodically have a couple unshelled almonds. this is how i interpreted i have to do it, correct me if im wrong!

i had something like 6 apples, 2 bananas, a big handful of strawberries, 3 kiwifruit, 3 oranges, 1/4 pineapple.....today. wai says to eat heaps, im pretty happy doing that and find i dont feel either full or hungry. normally i would be lucky if i consumed that much fruit in a whole week. and some of my friends...like a year!!! for the last few days i have felt bright, alert and energetic..normally i feel pretty lazy and slow. im not sure yet whether its hormones or the diet! tongue.gif

Hi,

If you dont mind my opinion, i dont think you should eat egg yolks, no matter who or what book recommends them.

They are very high in cholesterol, and eating too much cholesterol can cause a lot of bumps to form on your skin.

You should eat cooked egg whites. This is healthier, and contains a lot of protein, which is good for developing healthy skin.

If you dont mind my opinion, i dont think you should eat egg yolks, no matter who or what book recommends them.

Hi,

They are very high in cholesterol, and eating too much cholesterol can cause a lot of bumps to form on your skin.

You should eat cooked egg whites.  This is healthier, and contains a lot of protein, which is good for developing healthy skin.

serrelind,

check out those two links above, they say exactly what you say!

Choloeterol is only bad and harmful when heated, then it becomes a problem.

If you don't eat enough cholesterol, you could have sleeplessness, mood swings and depressions.