Photo

free acne book sample diet

garlic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:16 AM

has anyone given this one a shot? at the start of the year i was on a really strict diet where i would rarely allow myself any processed foods/anything with flavourings/preservatives/etc. most dinners i had a salad, and i drank loads of water. my skin got better but i wasnt cured. so i have some evidence that diet affects my skin...but im not sure what foods. i have since strayed away from this diet because the results just werent radical enough for me to justify stressing about food all the time! but people keep mentioning freeacnebook.com and ive finally checked it out, and im gonna give it a try. smile.gif

previously ive tried botchlas and dans regimens (botchlas for 2 months, dans for 3 months), a tiny improvement on both, but again not enough to warrant the effort and expense (and crazy red flaking skin on dans). ive also done the raw garlic thing...lets not go there. not for me.

anyway to the point if anyone has any feedback on this diet, please post your experiences! i need motivation! :unsure:

#2 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

Hello,

I'm on this diet and I'm on the 13 day. My face is really making a difference. I don't produce as much oil, my spots are healing, but keep in ming for me, it has taken some time to really clear up for me. I think I will keep continuing becuase i sleep so much better and have so much energy.

#3 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the response smile.gif Im at the end of day 1 and all i can think about is food....

#4 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

well make sure you start eating egg yolks, but first read her page on consuming egg yolk, that way you don't get salmonella poisoning. are there any places that make fresh squeezed orange juice? that helps a lot too.

#5 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:53 AM

thanks hobo. ive been having raw egg yolks and i actually find them quite delicious biggrin.gif i always have my eggs runny so it wasnt a big gross-out for me. i have a few kinds of apples, bananas, strawberries, grapefruit, oranges, rockmelon, avacado and lemons waiting to be consumed...and i plan on getting some kiwifruit, pears and passionfruit...(mmm) i cant find any kind of unshelled nut anywhere at the moment, so i have shelled, raw whole macadamias and brazil nuts from a health food company that i hope will be ok.

my 'hungry' phase has just ended...i think that was the processed food addiction! i feel fantastic now.

heres hoping this works out...

#6 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:00 AM

nienna,

if i might add some suggestions:

if you eat egg yolks, then you don't need to eat raw brazil nuts, since either or takes care of your protein, I prefer egg yolks since they are more filling!

Do you consume some fat after every peice of fruit you eat or when your done eating your fruit meal?

I ask these because i didn't do it right the first time and it was so hard, but now I realize what a great energy diet it is!

#7 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:35 AM

hey hobo, i take the egg yolks as breakfast, and then when im eating fruit i periodically have a couple unshelled almonds. this is how i interpreted i have to do it, correct me if im wrong!

i had something like 6 apples, 2 bananas, a big handful of strawberries, 3 kiwifruit, 3 oranges, 1/4 pineapple.....today. wai says to eat heaps, im pretty happy doing that and find i dont feel either full or hungry. normally i would be lucky if i consumed that much fruit in a whole week. and some of my friends...like a year!!! for the last few days i have felt bright, alert and energetic..normally i feel pretty lazy and slow. im not sure yet whether its hormones or the diet! tongue.gif

#8 a good friend

a good friend

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:38 AM

Hi,

If you dont mind my opinion, i dont think you should eat egg yolks, no matter who or what book recommends them.

They are very high in cholesterol, and eating too much cholesterol can cause a lot of bumps to form on your skin.

You should eat cooked egg whites. This is healthier, and contains a lot of protein, which is good for developing healthy skin.

#9 nienna

nienna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

If you dont mind my opinion, i dont think you should eat egg yolks, no matter who or what book recommends them.

yeah np ur entitled to ur opinion smile.gif

i havent run into any trouble with this so far, and if i do ill take this into consideration. in any case this has to be way less cholesterol than i normally consume...ill do some more reading on the subject.

im not really sure who or what to believe when it comes to nutrition. There are a few versions of the food pyramid, the version I best remember is the one I used to stare at each morning in high school when I had my breakfast (cornflakes...cocopops...etc). According to Kelloggs, a person should consume 4-6 or more cereal/grain servings a day (duh, being a cereal company).....

have humans evolved to eat all this (delicious i know, but) manufactured crap? because i know for a fact that animals do better eating a natural, species specific diet.

oh btw day 6 and still going ok (dont think i could take another apple tho tongue.gif )

#10 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:46 AM

a good friend,

here is a link to the acne website and her explanation of cholesterol, and the benefits of eating it raw:

http://www.13.waisays.com/cholesterol

http://www.13.waisays.com/raw.htm

I must say, I have never gotten sick or anything like that off of raw egg yolks, except for one or two times where I didn't properly follow how to begin eating raw egg yolk.

#11 serrelind

serrelind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(a good friend @ Jul 9 2004, 02:25 AM)
Hi,

They are very high in cholesterol, and eating too much cholesterol can cause a lot of bumps to form on your skin.

You should eat cooked egg whites.  This is healthier, and contains a lot of protein, which is good for developing healthy skin.

Actually eating cholesterol is ok. If you don't eat cholesterol, the body will produce it more than a healthy amount. I've done a lot of research on this stuff and I've been (and still doing) low carb eating (ie low glycemic food), so I think I do have my facts on this. If you are still concerned about eating too much cholesterol and fat, please grab Dr Schwarzbein's book called "The Schwarzbein Principle" and read it. You'll be glad you did... smile.gif It is the refined sugar/chemicals in our diet that is the problem, not fat/cholesterol.

Also I want to add that eggs themselves are probably one of the most perfect foods around -- balanced in protein and fat. I tend to notice my skin/hair/nails looking better and more healthy after eating eggs. I try to eat at least one egg a day. Most of the kickass nutrients are in the yolks so don't avoid them...

#12 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:39 PM

serrelind,

check out those two links above, they say exactly what you say!

Choloeterol is only bad and harmful when heated, then it becomes a problem.

If you don't eat enough cholesterol, you could have sleeplessness, mood swings and depressions.