Photo

KEEP AWAY FROM HONEY!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sierra

Sierra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

Winter started up and my friend and I decided to stop drinking standard tea and have lemon/honey tea every day at work together. We became so obsessed, we were drinking 3 cups of lemon honey tea per day. Each cup included one big dollop of honey and a squirt of lemon in hot water.

We thought it would be soo healthy for us. My mum kept saying 'TOO MUCH SUGAR!" but i read so many good things about honey, i was hooked.

The skin on my hands was looking so good, nicely plumped up and fresh looking, but i noticed something else too. My entire face was becoming covered in teeny, tiny, pin-prick sized lumps! I couldnt work out why such a strange pattern of pimples was happening at such an aggressive rate. Every day it spread more and they were like hard little lumps, it started all across the forehead until it was also under eyes and near lips too.

Then i noticed that on weekends, things would calm down a bit. So of course I started to notice that since i wasnt at work with my friend come weekends, the honey thing would come to a halt come Friday afternoon and my skin would start to calm down by Sunday night.

So now ive stopped honey altogether and all the little lumps have gradually gone!! I've still got sections of tiny lumps across forehead and on cheek bones but its all calming down and is nowhere near as aggressive as the period of the big honey phase! I am certain that the overdose of honey cause my aggressive outbreak.

I am now going to cut out ALL SUGAR as much as is bearable and see what happens.

#2 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:21 AM

i have honey every day without any problems... in my tea, in a PB and honey sandwich, i even add honey to regular cheerios to make my own honey nut cheerios - minus the nut.

#3 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

Make sure you get RAW honey. If the honey is not raw, it basically losses all its amazing properties. Most honey is refine using high heat. Same thing with chocolate. Cacao beans are perfectly fine to eat, you can even grind them, add a few other things, and make yourself chocolate. The thing is when companies cook the cacao beans, they become bad for us, plus the added sugar doesnt help. Also you were using lemon juice. Lemon juice is a good way to detox our body and your body might have been detoxing after a few days of constant lemon use.

#4 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

some people may be allergic.

there's some sort of microbe or something in the honey. i can't remember what it is exactly, but it's the reason why they don't recommend honey to babies around 4 months because they haven't developed the defences against it yet.

also remember that honey is just 1 small step away from sugar.

#5 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:53 AM

Edenfield, honey is not one small step away from sugar. Id say maple syrup is one small step away from sugar. Saying honey is one small step away from sugar is like saying fruit is one small step away from refined sugar. Im eating smoothies and cookies every day ( that i make myself, healthy stuff like buchwheat cookies) and i use at least 1/2 cup of sugar do make these and i eat this over 2-3 days. I dont say any negative effect at all from doin this. If people are worried about honey, then try stevia, it is a naturally sweet plant that contains no sugar.

#6 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

maple syrup is a balanced source of positive and negative sugars (no idea what that means)

but this is taken from the master cleanser book.

he recommends against honey, because it is already predigested and raises GI load too fast

#7 Sierra

Sierra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:44 PM

Exactly!!! My thoughts have been that honey raised my GI levels dramatically and i have been reading so much about this idea that i believe thats what the problem was. I wasnt having honey in moderation.

Ive been consciously trying to eat low GI foods over the weekend, ive been happy with things so far, things are better than they have been in a months. So im hoping this new eating system will help maintain and improve...

#8 Whatever-and-Ever

Whatever-and-Ever

Queen of Sunscreen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

Hey Sierra,
Are you sure you are not allergic to honey? This sounds a lot like an allergic reaction. You might want to see an allergy doctor to check it out.

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

Introvert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:35 AM

Honey is nice, but if it causes you to breakout, i would stop

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

Introvert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:35 AM

Honey could be used as a topical.

It has bacteria killing properties, and it is exellent for wounds, to prevent infection, and to increase heal time.

The ancient egyptians were the first to discover some of the many uses for honey.