Photo

Master Cleanse questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#21 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Bailey @ Jul 7 2004, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE(Doopie @ Jul 6 2004, 09:21 PM)
And laxatives are easily dependents, especially when you don't have a problem with your bowel movement.  Most people that have easy bowel movements, the herbal tea upsets the stomach.

We're not talking about laxative pills or anything like that..it's just an herbal tea. It promotes bowel movements. It's not as strong as "real" laxatives.

You should absolutely NOT eat during a Master Cleanse. The reason why you had an upset stomach..is becasue you ate. I did that once..and learned my lesson big time. I ate..and then drank the tea. My stomach cramped for hours. It was NOT the tea..it was becasue I ate. The herbal tea will not hurt you at all.

BTW, water fasts are not harmful..if you do it correctly. I fast all the time.

That's what kind of laxative I'm talking about--the herbal tea laxative--it hurt my stomach! There's no need to use it if you don't have a problem with constipation--that's what LAXATIVES ARE FOR, HELLO!

Sorry about your cramps, you must've ate something SOLID, all I had were veggie drinks and broths. Better luck next time, tongue.gif.

#22 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:51 AM

Oh, yeah...

Water fasting, with time, causes gallstones.

Read up.

http://digestive.nid...tones/index.htm

#23 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:43 AM

thanks for the tip doopie.

and laxatives do cause cramping, if you look at curezone.com on the MC cleanse you'll see some posts that blame their cramping on laxatives, and these people are obviously not eating...

that's why i suggest pairing the MC with a liver flush, since even if you do create some you flush them out right after

#24 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:52 PM

Exactly.

People tend to go crazy over this book... You can also use a little common sense, rolleyes.gif.

#25 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:19 PM

Oh well you all do what you want, don't really care. Guess people can learn from their own ignorance. As much as you say laxative tea is harmful, the saltwater flush has been shown to have much more harmful cramping effects in most people, so the laxative tea is more preferable. I find it funny how people on the website act like they know what they are talking about without even performing the actual fast correctly. Its fine that you drink vegetable broth and juices during the lemonade, but please do not call this the master cleanse, what you did was just a random fast of solids not the master cleanse. Stop posting the same garbage link about water fasting. Honestly you don't know what the hell your talking about. The link is taken out of context because it is refering to extended fasting without doing it right (by right i mean by not overdoing it and having a good diet before and after cleanse with healthy fats). Gallstones are also known to form more readily in vegan diets are you gonig to advocate against those? Plus you must be especially prone to their formation. I recommend all who are interested in either the Mc or water fasting to go to curezone.com and not to listen to people on this website who may have glanced at 1 book on it and have no experience.

#26 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(Doopie @ Jul 7 2004, 10:36 AM)
That's what kind of laxative I'm talking about--the herbal tea laxative--it hurt my stomach!  There's no need to use it if you don't have a problem with constipation--that's what LAXATIVES ARE FOR, HELLO!

Yes, there is a need to drink the herbal tea. If you read what I wrote in my previous post..

You need to ensure you are eliminating the toxins that are being loosened in your system. Cravings, aches, pains, mental irritability and tiredness will turn on as your toxins are mobilized. To eliminate these unpleasant sensations, you need to be sure you have two, three, or more bowel movements a day. The Slat Water Flush and Herbal Tea are a MUST..everyday!

Now, if you are doing a longer MC..say 20-40 days..then the tea isn't necessary everyday. But for a 10 day or less MC..YES it's definately necessary.

The tea hurts your stomach b/c you are eating. Plain and simple. There is no reason the tea should hurt you at all. Again, you cannot eat during the MC. It defeats the whole purpose.

#27 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

Ok, here's how I'll make the lemonade, tell me if it's ok. I'll be making 2 liter at a time:

In a 2 liter (64 oz? I'm not sure) container:
-13 tablespoon lemon juice
-13 tablespoon mapple syrup (although I'll add more)
-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-fill the rest with warm water

2 liter is about 6 glasses (I think), that's what the book recommend everyday, so I'll make it in the morning before school and put it in plastic bottles to carry with me to school.
How many lemons will I need in one week? And do I need to remove the pulp from the lemon juice?

#28 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

2 Liters is 8 glasses. But that's the only science I see in this post. smile.gif

#29 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jul 8 2004, 08:54 PM)
2 Liters is 8 glasses. But that's the only science I see in this post. smile.gif

Not a big believer in fasting, huh? B)

Well, obviously with a diet (?) like this you're gonna lose weight. Muscle mass and fat both. It's not ketogenic diet, because you'll get about 170 grams of sugar from the syrup (13 tablespoons), so your brain should function normally while on it.....

I'd never try something like these without a fibre supplement though. :ph34r:

#30 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:50 PM

I'd never try something like these without a fibre supplement though.

I'd like to know what those who did the MC think about that...?
Anyone?

#31 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:01 PM

Nico~

Only make enough lemonade for one day. Don't make enough for 2 or more days..it goes rancid.

If you drink 6 glasses per day..that's 3 lemons. (1/2 lemon per glass) And yes, I always remove the pulp.

NO supplements should be taken during a MC.

If you are worried about losing weight, the only things you can possibly lose are mucus, waste, and disease. Healthy tissue will not be eliminated.

#32 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(Bailey @ Jul 8 2004, 09:48 PM)
If you are worried about losing weight, the only things you can possibly lose are mucus, waste, and disease. Healthy tissue will not be eliminated.

And this is possible how? I mean he'd have to eat a huge amount of maple syrup to cover his energy expenditure.

#33 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

2 Liters is 8 glasses.

I was talking about 10 oz glasses

Only make enough lemonade for one day. Don't make enough for 2 or more days..it goes rancid.

Ok, but can't I refrigirate it?

Yeah that's what they say in the book but I'm still a bit worried.
And what about essential fatty acids that are used (I think) for producing sexual hormones, does that mean I can't have sex while on MC? If so that sucks lol... Because when I move back to my appartment, it will be the first time I see my girlfriend in 2 months smile.gif

#34 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Nico @ Jul 8 2004, 10:05 PM)
And what about essential fatty acids that are used (I think) for producing sexual hormones, does that mean I can't have sex while on MC?

If you are having sex depends on your girlfriend, not on the fatty acids. Eating no fat will lower your testosterone levels, though.

#35 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

I'm just curious, what "disease" is being eliminated? This sounds a little like the belief in blood letting a few centuries ago.

#36 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jul 8 2004, 02:36 PM)

I'm just curious, what "disease" is being eliminated? This sounds a little like the belief in blood letting a few centuries ago.

All mucus diseases such as colds, flu, asthma, hay fever, sinus and bronchial troubles are rapidly dissolved and eliminated from the body.

The types of disease which are a result of calcium deposits in the joints, muscles, cells, and glands are readily dissolved and removed from the body. Cholesterol deposits in the arteries and veins also respond to the magic cleansing power of the lemonade diet. All skin disorders also disappear as the rest of the body is cleansed. Boils, abscesses, carbuncles, and pimples all come under this category. These conditions are again Nature’s effort to eliminate poisons quickly from the body.

All types of infections are the result of these vast accumulations of poisons being dissolved and burned or oxidized to produce further cleansing of the body. Therefore, rapid elimination of the toxins relieves the need for infectious fevers of all kinds. Infections are not "caught," they are created by Nature to assist in burning our surplus wastes.

Yes, the lemonade diet is a reducing diet, but much more. (Plus, if you're only going for 10 days..it's not as if you're going disappear into thin air.) Just chill guys. wink.gif

#37 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Sam The Man @ Jul 8 2004, 01:00 PM)
And this is possible how? I mean he'd have to eat a huge amount of maple syrup to cover his energy expenditure.

In the cleansing process, some people experience a tremendous stirring up and may even feel worse for several days. It is not the lemonade that causes the trouble, but what the lemonade stirs up in the system that causes our dizziness and other disturbances. Vomiting may occur under certain conditions; increased pain may be felt in the various joints of the body; dizziness may develop on certain days. If weakness develops at any time, it is the result of poisons circulating through the blood stream rather than a lack of food or vitamins. This diet gives a person all the vitamins, food, and energy necessary for the full ten days or longer in a liquid form. Rest and take it a little easier if you have to –although most people can go about their regular business without difficulty. Keep right on with the diet; don’t give up or "cheat" by eating a little food or you may destroy the benefits.

#38 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:32 PM

By the way if fibre is soemthing you feel you need during this, you are allowed to drink psylium and bentonite shakes (basically pure fibre). Ask me if you really want to know how to make them. In fact many peopel couple these shakes with a parasite cleanse on the MC and it is then referred to as the "Ultimate Cleanse." Ask me for more info. Also common sense dictates that when you recieve everything your body needs without unnecessary digestion and nothing your body doesn't need. Your going to lose the stuff that your body isn't recieving, "the toxins."

#39 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:56 PM

But you're not receiving fat either though... isn't that a problem...?
And obviously there must be something missing... or else, we could just stay on MC for the rest of our lives...?

#40 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Nico @ Jul 9 2004, 05:43 AM)
And obviously there must be something missing... or else, we could just stay on MC for the rest of our lives...?

Yes, there is a lot of things missing. Nothing that will kill you in 10 days of course. And if you do eat that much below your energy needs, you're gonna lose weight, even that good weight (muscle). There is also no protein in that lemonade, so that doesn't exactly help with preserving muscle mass.

But I'll be quiet now and let people do their own conclusions about this. smile.gif